We put the password on the folder
There are times when you only need to secure a specific folder. To do this, you need to download Launcher, since there is no special option on Honor and Huawei devices. There are many similar applications on Google Play for Android OS. We recommend downloading AppLock. After installation, open the program and through the gallery select the folder that you want to secure. You must enter a four-digit code.
Just remember, if you want to uninstall the application, folder encryption will fly off.
How to set a password on Huawei and Honor smartphones
Follow the instructions to put encryption to unlock the screen.
- In the top menu bar, click on the “gear” icon. the “Settings” will open.
- Find the section “Security and privacy”, open it.
- Go to the “Lock screen password” tab and select the item “Set up a screen unlock password” “Set up a PIN code”.
- Enter your six-digit PIN twice (a second time to confirm the code is correct).
- After entering, the system will issue a proposal for setting up a fingerprint, which you can refuse by clicking “Cancel”.
We recommend that you do not use code that is easy for malicious users to figure out. For example, date of birth is not the best option.
If this method does not work, try other methods.
- Graphic key. it is proposed to draw a figure point by point, which you can then unlock your smartphone.
- Password. a combination of 6 or more characters is entered (choose the one that you will not forget, but do not make it easier for the scammers).
- Face Unlock. a function available for the new models of Honor and Huawei. removes the display lock by scanning the face with the front camera (this method requires good lighting; dangerous if there is a twin or a person similar to you).
- Fingerprint scanner. the phone retains the pattern of the fingertip, and as a result, you can unlock it with one touch (it is possible to save 2-3 fingerprints. on different fingers or a person you trust).
You can maintain all types of security and periodically change to be completely sure that confidential information will not go into the wrong hands.
How to set and change a password on Honor and Huawei phones
How to put a password on an Honor and Huawei phone is a request for those users who care about the safety of personal information. Protect yourself from people who often pick up your smartphone, be it a relative or a colleague. And thieves and scammers will have to work hard to hack a mobile device. In this article, we will look at how to install and change encryption on Honor and Huawei phones with the Android operating system.
How to Change Password on Huawei and Honor Phone
If you want to change the password on your Huawei and Honor phone or remove it completely, follow these steps.
- Go to “Settings” and open the “Security and Privacy” tab.
- Click on “Customize Lock Screen”.
- Here you need to select one of two values - “Change” or “Turn off the screen lock password“.
- In the first case, enter the old cipher, and then come up with a new one.
- In the second, you only need to enter the previous value, after which it will be deleted.
So, in our material, we talked about how to set and remove a password on Huawei and Honor mobile devices, as well as a way to install encryption on a separate folder. We hope you figured out how to do this correctly and your personal data is safe. Do not share your codes, passwords and keys with third parties.
How to unlock Honor password if you forgot it on your smartphone?
If you have forgotten your phone password, you can do it in several ways. Although there are many solutions on the Internet on how to unlock Honor password, only a few of them actually work. Some of the suggested solutions require you to download apps and install them on your Android phone. In other ways, you need to log into your playmarket account, and finally, the most radical way resets and wipes all your data from your Android phone, returning it to factory settings.
We will tell you how to unlock Honor password if you forgot it. Depending on your situation, you can choose a specific method to bypass the password. If you’ve just bought an Android phone and haven’t had time to save any information on it, deleting all of your data will of course not be a problem.
But if you had an Android phone for a long time and had a lot of contacts and personal information, you can try other ways. Especially if you haven’t saved your information anywhere. Here are three easy Android phone unlock solutions that will work for most brands like Samsung, HTC, LG as well as Chinese brands like ZTE, Lenovo, Huawei, ThL and others. :
How to unblock Honor by logging into your Gmail account (playmarket)
Enter the wrong password or pattern within five times
After the fifth error, the “Forgotten password” option will appear in the lower right part of the screen. click on it
Sign in with your Google username and password associated with the corresponding Android phone.
Now you can draw a new pattern and confirm the change.
How to Reset Huawei Honor If Forgot Password
First press and hold the power key to turn off the cell phone.
2. Then press and hold the Volume Up Power button until the Adnroid logo appears on the screen.
3. Use the volume buttons to select the option “wipe data / reset factory settings” and confirm this with the power button.
Then select “Yes” from the menu and accept it with the “Power” key.
Now select the option “reboot system now” with the power button.
6. Everything worked out! Hard reset just done.
Second method for newer versions of Huawei Honor:
First, press and hold the power button to turn off the cell phone.
2. After that, press and hold the Power Volume Up buttons until the screen lights up.
3. Then release the power key, and continue to hold the volume key.
In the next step, tap “Wipe dats / factory reset” and select “Wipe dats / factory reset” to confirm. (Attention, all data will be deleted!)
The device is ready to use.
A few notes on unlocking phones when you forgot your password
Be careful, if you want to use hard reset to bypass the password of your Huawei Honor phone, you will really lose all information including contacts, videos and photos. Only choose this method if you have a backup of your personal or important information. The first option has not been known to work for some users, but others have managed to use it successfully.
The second option is optimal for most users, but by itself it is not a solution, as it never changes the password, but it just bypasses it every time you open your Android phone.
If you liked the article: how to unlock Honor, leave your comments.
How to reset Android password
Further, by unzipping, place all the necessary files of this utility in any folder of your smartphone. The program we need will be located on the sdk / platform-tools path. Run the command line on your computer by entering cmd in the command execution field, which is invoked by pressing the Win R keys, and write the following in the console window that opens:
If you need to reset not a pattern, but a password, then replace gesture.key with password.key, after which you can reboot your Android device, and it will not require your login password.
Discharged battery. There are also more tricky ways to reset your Android password. They consist in some kind of deception of the device and bypassing the screen with entering a password. One such method is with a discharged battery. Everything is quite simple here: wait until your battery resources reach a low charge, and until the device warns you about it. When the low battery alert appears on the screen, tap on it and you will be taken to your battery status menu. Press the back arrow to go to the previous directory, enter the security settings of your device and simply disable the password prompt.
A similar trick for tricking a device is an incoming or outgoing call on a smartphone. The essence of this method is that when you cancel or end a call, your desktop appears for a short moment on the screen, where you can have time to click anywhere. Using this, call your phone, reset and gradually click on the desired places on the screen, go to the menu with security settings and safely turn off the password request.
Google account. The next way to disable the password on your Android smartphone will be tied to your Google account. How to use it correctly? Enter your device password incorrectly a couple of times (usually five to six times), then at the bottom of the screen you will see the item “Forgot your pattern / password?” Click there and the system will prompt you to enter a password with a login from your Google account, after which the phone will be unlocked. This method can also help those who are thinking about how to reset the password without losing data.
Find device service. The next method on the list is very unusual. We need to turn to Google services again to save our phone from being blocked. It is called “Find device”, which performs not only the function reflected in the name, but also allows you to perform a complete reset of the device. In order to use it, you need to be connected to the Internet. After your device has access to it, go through your computer to the Google service page at the link https://www.google.com/Android/find and go through the authorization process. The location of your device will be displayed on the map and will correspond to the time when the smartphone was last connected to the network. Open the list of available options and select “Erase Data”.
In the next window, click again on “Erase data” and then “Clear”.
Similar services and programs are available for most phone manufacturers like Sony or Samsung. You can use both their services and go to Google services.
Smart Lock function. One of the final methods discussed will be a wonderful thing called SmartLock, which appeared for the first time since Android 5.0. Its essence is very simple: instead of various passwords, passphrases, pattern keys and other things, it can unlock your phone using a fingerprint, a face picture or voice recognition. Therefore, if you specified any additional options for unblocking on your device using SmartLock, try unlocking your phone using them. But be careful when using this technology: any carelessness during configuration can lead to the theft of your personal data by intruders. If you are not sure that this option is safe for you, it is better to give it up right away.
Additional PIN for Samsung. The last considered method is suitable for users of Samsung smartphones, as it is a fairly reliable and safe way to unlock. The fact is that when you want to protect your phone using a pattern, you will need to enter an additional PIN.
This is done so that the user, who has forgotten the installed pattern, can enter an additional combination of numbers, which he indicated to unlock his device. The picture below shows how to call up the menu with the input of an additional code and regain control of your device.
As you can see, the function you need is in the lower right corner of the screen and only appears after five unsuccessful unlock attempts.
How to unlock Android if you forgot your password
There are times when users, due to their carelessness, lock their phone by entering their password incorrectly on the phone or by making a mistake with the pattern of the pattern. At such moments, users have a question: how to reset the password on Android? This article will discuss ways to bypass the blocking of your Android device.
How to remove a pattern on Android
Now you know almost all the main ways to reset your Android password, and what programs or tricks you can use for these shenanigans. Choose an easier and more convenient way for yourself so that you no longer experience difficulties with locking your smartphone
Unblocking with Google Account
If possible, you can always use soft recovery using your Google account. To do this, you need to enter the intended password several times into the window. At the first error, the smartphone will be blocked for 60 seconds, at the second for 30 minutes, and after the third it will offer to use the “Forgot password” button. Different devices may have their own wording, but the meaning remains.
Further, if you have a stable connection to Wi-Fi, you should proceed in the following way.
- Click on the “Forgot password” button.
- In the window that appears, enter data from your Google account (mail is entered before the @ sign). If this information is also forgotten, first you need to restore it to your computer or any other device.
- After switching to your account, you need to set a new password, following the prompts of the system.
Unlocking with Hard Reset
In new models of Honor smartphones, password recovery via Google is not possible. This means that the only way to restore the device to work is to hard reset to factory settings with the loss of all information. This requires:
- Turn off the smartphone using the power button.
- Hold down the power button and increase the hardness at the same time.
- After the logo appears on the screen, you can release the power button. The volume button must be held until the menu is fully loaded.
- Click on the line “Wipe Data” and confirm the action in the next window.
Now it remains to set a new password and re-fill the smartphone with the necessary data.
How to unlock Honor: if you forgot your password, several effective ways
Honor smartphones guarantee secure storage of data and personal information. This will protect against intruders, but it can also work against the owner of the device. How to unlock Honor if you forgot your password is one of the most frequently asked questions from smartphone owners.
With the increased protection of phones and new protocols, it is almost impossible to restore the device to work without losing data. The unlock function via Google account, which will be the salvation in this case, is only available for models on EMUI 9.0 and devices released before 2015. Modern phones can be unlocked by collecting to factory settings, but all personal data, settings and updates will be deleted. Let’s take a closer look at several ways to unlock Honor if you’ve forgotten your password.
If using a fingerprint reader
For devices that use a fingerprint reader to protect personal data, there is another great way to unlock. To use it, you will need to sign in to your Google account on your computer, tablet, or any other device. Then go to the blocking tab of the lost device, and agree with the requirements of the system.
If everything is done correctly, a button will appear prompting you to lock the device, clear the digital and pattern keys. After confirming this action, it remains to set a new password and unlock the smartphone with it.
Prevention is better than cure
In order not to have to unlock the phone with the loss of personal data, you need to take care of security in advance. The first and most reliable “old-fashioned” way is to write down the password. In the modern world, this is not often found, but the reliability of the method is off scale, so you definitely will not have to use the reset method to factory settings.
A timely backup will help to recover lost information even when using Hard Resert. All the necessary data will be transferred to the cleaned device in just a few minutes.
Using face and fingerprint unlock features will help you avoid future problems. With them, there is no need to remember or enter a code on the screen, as well as think about how to unlock Honor if you forgot your password.
How to reset your Android phone password using Google’s Find My Device
Google offers its users a fairly convenient service “Find my device” (“Find my device”). Using it, you can find a lost or stolen smartphone, as well as unlock the phone remotely, which we will use now.
On any device, visit the Equipment management service page Log in to your account.
Select the required device from the list of devices (if you have several of them). Then select “Block”.
Set a new lock screen password. Re-enter it to confirm. Select “Block” again.
Enter this password on your Android smartphone. The phone will be successfully unlocked. After that, you can leave this password or change it in the phone settings to another type of lock.
How to reset Android lock password through factory settings
One of the simplest ways to remove Android lock screen is to reset all device settings to factory settings, which completely erases all phone data, including the passwords you set. Please note that all your personal files will also be erased. To protect phones from theft after 2016, the “Factory Reset Protection” function appeared on Android phones, which, during a reset operation, asks the user for the data of the Google account installed on the phone.
Put your locked phone into recovery mode using the button combinations appropriate for your particular device model.
In recovery mode, use the volume up / down buttons to select options and the power button to confirm your selection. Select “Wipe data / factory reset” from the list of options. After notification of the need to delete all data, click “Yes”.
Wait for the reset process to complete and select “Reboot system now”. After booting the phone normally, the screen lock will be disabled.
How to reset Android password?
Often, smartphone users forget various important passwords. from a Google account, various applications, but it also happens that the screen lock password is unknown! Despite the fact that this password is used up to several dozen times a day, this also happens. Sometimes this happens because the device has not been used for a long time, and sometimes as a result of a joke from friends or unintentional actions of children. Be that as it may, you can still restore access to the device, as. We have collected the easiest and most effective ways to reset the screen password on Android.
Best Android Password Reset Solution. Tenorshare 4uKey for Android
Reset Screen Lock Using Google Account
On Android smartphones 4.4 and below, you can remove the screen lock using your Google account information. However, a prerequisite is that the locked smartphone has a Wi-Fi connection.
Deliberately enter the wrong password / pin code / lock pattern 5 times. A notification will appear stating that attempts can be resumed in half a minute.
At the bottom of the screen, select the “Forgot pattern” option.
To unlock, you will be prompted to enter your login (email) and password from the Google account registered on your phone. You can also use the PIN-code of the backup copy to unlock, if it was set by you earlier.
How can I quickly reset my lock screen password?
A utility specially created for such cases from the developer Tenorshare will be the best assistant in solving the problem of a forgotten password / code / screen lock pattern on Android. All you need to do is install the program on your computer and follow the prompts of the program itself.
Connect your Android phone to your computer. Run the 4uKey for Android program.
In the main menu of the utility, select the “Delete” option.
After completing the data verification, the process of removing the smartphone screen lock will start.
When a notification appears that all phone content has been deleted, click “Okay”.
Wait for the process to complete, and then enter the recovery mode. To do this, follow the prompts of the program.
Press “Next”. The program will prompt you to perform the steps to restore factory settings on your smartphone and then reboot the device. After that, you can freely use your device again.
So, here is a list of easy and effective password reset solutions for Android phones. You can choose any of them depending on your preferences and needs. If you do not remember your Google account data or you do not have access to the Internet network, we recommend that you use the specialized utility 4uKey for Android, which can remove the screen lock from your smartphone in a few minutes without any additional data. If you need to back up the data on your device in advance, you can use UltData for Andriod.
How to reset Android password via PC
The best way to reset your password through your computer is to use the command line. It only works if the “Debugging via USB” option is enabled, unfortunately, it is impossible to find out if it was enabled for you. Only if you yourself are sure of it.
- The first step is to connect your smartphone to your PC. At this point, on many phones, a message appears prompting you to enable that very debugging. If you have it, then check the box next to “USB debugging”. If not. Then just follow along and hope for luck.
- Next, you need to enable the command line. You can enable it from the Start menu in the System Tools folder. Or hold down the WinR keys, and then enter cmd in the window that appears.
- On the command line, you need to enter these commands one after another (press Enter for each line):
update system set value = 0 where name = ‘lock_pattern_autolock’
update system set value = 0 where name = ’lockscreen.lockedoutpermanently
- Then restart your device. And if you need to enter any password.
How to reset Android password with low battery
The next method is very simple, however, to use it, you have to wait until the battery is almost empty. When this happens, you will receive a low battery notification. By clicking on it, you will find yourself in the “Energy consumption” parameters section. Here, you need to return to the main settings screen and turn off the lock through the “Security” section.
To access a locked phone, you can also reflash it. This method should reset the protection of your phone, leaving the main files intact. Unfortunately, in this article we cannot provide instructions on how to do this, since it will be unique for each phone model.
How to reset Android password if it is locked
How to connect the phone to the network if it is locked? The easiest way to connect to Wi-Fi. To do this, restart the phone and when it is turned on, when the notification line appears (the panel at the top, where the signal levels, battery power, time, etc. are displayed), grab it and quickly drag it down. After that, just connect to the network as you normally would. In the same way, you can turn on the mobile Internet.
If you repeatedly enter the wrong password, then sooner or later the phone may prompt you to log into your Google account. It will be enough just to enter your account information to log into the phone, ignoring the protection. This is the best way to reset your password without losing data.
Unlocking Android with Google Account
If you are logged into your Google account on your phone, then you can use a couple more methods in order to gain access to your smartphone.
How to hard reset honour 7x | Honor 7x phone unlock
Unlocking methods from developers
Now let’s discuss the methods of removing protection on the phone, created by their developers. These methods are quite simple and any user can handle them, but they are suitable only for certain companies and phone models.
If you are the owner of an HTC phone, you can always use a special utility called HTCSync to unlock. It serves to synchronize two devices, for example a laptop and a phone, and with its help you can also remove the password.
Forgot Password. How to Unlock Honor 10i, Honor 8X, Honor View20 or ANY Honor Smartphones
Here is an instruction on how to reset Android password without losing data through this program:
- Install HTCSync on your computer.
- Connect your smartphone to PC via USB cable.
- Via HTCSync Download ScreenLockBypass.
- Then, restart your phone.
- Select “Unlock”, if the problem persists, try again.
The next way is for Samsung owners. To use this instruction, you must have an activated Samsungaccount on your phone.
- Go to Samsung website.
- Enter the same data as in the phone.
- Go to the “Content and Services” section.
- Here select “Find My Device” and “Unlock Screen”.
Also, Huawei did not leave its phones without attention.
If your phone is from this developer, then do the following:
- Install a utility called HiSuite on your PC.
- Next, connect your phone and computer via a cable.
- Run the program and go to the “Contacts” section.
- Next select your E-mail.
- Then you should receive a notification by clicking on it, you will be taken to the parameters.
- Here go to the main settings screen and in the “Security” section disable protection.
How to reset your password offline
When there is no Wi-fi network nearby, you can connect via a Lan adapter. This is a special device that fits into your phone and router. With this connection option, you do not need to reboot and activate anything, wait, and the Internet will work by itself.
How to hide the app on Android Huawei and Honor
To hide apps on Honor and Huawei phones, the user needs:
- touch the smartphone screen with two fingers;
- spread your fingers in different directions (just like when enlarging a picture);
- add what you want to hide.
In some versions of phones, applications cannot be hidden. Newer models have dropped this feature due to poor security. But in these models, you can set a password.
- Open “Settings”;
- Go to “Security and Privacy” / “App Lock”;
- Enter the password twice;
- Drag the shortcut to the home screen and open the Gallery.
In the future, you can open the Gallery only after entering a request or activating the fingerprint scanner. Hidden tabs are displayed in the “Hidden Apps” section.
Then they disappear from the main screen and their folders to which they were downloaded. But they work in the same mode as before, only their labels are not displayed.
How to hide the application icon on Android through launchers
If the standard options did not work, use the launchers. These are specially designed OS simulators that adjust functions after being installed on the gadget. The two most famous are used.
Also, as in the first option, first complete the installation, then follow the algorithm:
If you have any questions or complaints. let us know
All changes made by the user are independently saved and updated. To return to the usual mode, just uncheck the boxes.
To work effectively with the simulator, you need:
- download to device;
- go through the path “Settings” / “Menu settings” / “Hidden applications”.
Select files with a checkmark or swipe. You can restore them in the same way, but only by removing the checkmarks.
How to hide icons from strangers with Hide it Pro
To eliminate shortcuts from extra eyes, use a special program. To activate it:
- register, confirm actions via email;
- click on the logo, wait a few seconds until the service opens;
- select Hide Apps;
- click OK;
- mark what needs to be hidden.
You can hide the most popular files. from photos to messages.
Hide it pro
A special program. Hide it Pro. protects the personal information of prying eyes and those who want to receive information that is not intended for public access. To activate the closed area, hold down the logo and hold for a few seconds. By default, a password or fingerprint is set to protect privacy.
Application panel. a special menu where all icons with installed files are located. You can hide them in the panel if the mobile device is running Android 4.0.
If over time you want the icons to become visible, follow the same steps, just do not mark them.
What to do if the Network is disconnected
Try connecting over Wi-Fi. There are ways to do this:
- Restart your gadget. When the status bar (the so-called curtain) is highlighted, pull it down and activate Wi-Fi.
- After exceeding the attempts to enter the key, tap on the emergency call. Write down ### to enter the engineering menu (on some devices the numbers may be different), then open “Service tests” and activate Wi-Fi.
The described method of removing the screen lock, although extremely simple, is not suitable if the user has forgotten their account information.
Usually, users choose an existing Gmail mail account for their Android account. Try to enter this information. If you suddenly forgot your password, use the Google Account Recovery service.
This is a step-by-step guide to regain access to all Google service accounts. If during registration you tied the phone that is currently locked to the service, remove the SIM card and insert it into another gadget, which will have to receive a verification code.
Reset Android password
Sometimes users of mobile gadgets forget the password they have set and lose the ability to use the device. There are several ways to get out of this situation. These can be standard methods for resetting a lock through an account, or non-standard methods that use a few system vulnerabilities. We will tell you further how to remove a password from a tablet or other mobile device in various situations.
Unlock with data reset
This method involves resetting the password and deleting personal user data on the tablet. The reset device will not display contacts, SMS. You will not be able to restore them, because you will not be able to log into your Google account, since you have lost your login and password. The only thing that can be done is to remove the removable memory card, if present. In addition, on Android 5.1 and above, even after Hard Reset, user account information is required, which further complicates the unlocking task. Nevertheless, we will tell you how to remove the password from the tablet by resetting the data.
You need to go to the Recovery menu. It can be either standard or custom (usually CWM or TWRP). Below we will talk about working in standard Recovery for different devices.
Going through the items here is carried out by the volume down button, and the selection is confirmed by the central “Menu” key.
How to reset password on Samsung Android devices:
- Turn off your tablet.
- Hold down the central, power and volume buttons “” (for devices released after 2012) or a couple of buttons. turning on together with the central one (for old smartphones).
- A logo appeared. release “Power”, hold the rest until the download is complete.
- After entering recovery mode, select “wipe data / factory reset”.
- After turning off the gadget, remove and then reinsert the battery (if possible).
- Hold down the volume “-” and power keys.
- When the display shows a picture with Android, release the buttons and complete the reset (Factory Reset or Clear Storage).
- When turning on, hold the volume “” and “Power”.
- After entering recovery mode, select “wipe data / factory reset”.
On some ZTEs, you can reset directly from the lock screen, for which you press the emergency call button and enter the combination 983987 #.
- Turn off and on the device.
- While loading, hold down the volume rocker, as well as the center and “Power” buttons.
- Select “wipe data / factory reset“, then “delete all user data” and “reboot system now”.
Resetting the lock using the ADB utility
To remove the PIN or key, you actually need to delete several files from the / data / system / directory in Android. ADB Run can help with this even on non-rooted gadgets. The only prerequisite is that “Debugging via USB” should not be disabled in the “For Developers” settings, that is, it must be activated in advance.
Let’s describe further how to unlock a tablet or other Android device:
- Connect the gadget to a laptop or PC.
- Run on laptop or PC ADB Run.
- Open the Unlcok Gesture Key / Pin Key section.
- Select the 3rd or 4th item (the last one. if you have root).
- Reboot your device.
After the download is complete, the remote system file will not interfere with the entry, the gadget should unlock.
Unblocking using your Google account credentials
This is the standard and simplest method. It allows you to remove the password on a tablet or other device from Android, if you know the password for your Google account that you used on the locked gadget. For this:
- Enter any wrong key five or more times.
- The tablet will lock with a message that the number of attempts has been exceeded.
- In this case, the display will show the link “Forgot the key?”, Which should be followed. If it does not appear, repeat the steps described, try pressing “Home”.
- Clicking on the link will redirect the user to a page where you will need to write down the password and e-mail (login) of your account.
After authorization, the system will reset the old key and ask you to enter a new one, while the Internet should work.
Ways to bypass the identification requirement
When the window for entering identification data appears:
- Bring up the onscreen keyboard.
- Hold the globe icon for a while until the layout selection window appears.
- Holding down the touch key of the device, activate the window of recent actions.
- When the search window appears, enter the word “settings” in the field and go to the appropriate section.
- Reset the settings in the standard way in the reset section.
In this case, the Google account will also be deleted, so during the next download, if the user has forgotten the password, the system will not require entering credentials.
You can try another way to unlock:
- Hold down the central button of the gadget until the Google Start window appears.
- Tap “No” on the request to enter Google.
- In the search box that opens, enter “settings”.
- Open the settings line with the gear icon.
- In the section restore and reset parameters, sequentially remove all DRM licenses and perform a factory reset.
Above was listed most of the ways to bypass Android blocking available to a regular user. If these solutions did not help get rid of the problem, contact the service, where they will professionally reflash your device and remove all keys and numeric codes from your phone.
It also happens that none of the methods works. Most likely, due to the inexperience or carelessness of the user himself. Although even purely technical reasons why you cannot remove the password on Android, there can be quite a few.
In this case, there is only one way out. to contact the professionals, that is, Google Support, the manufacturer, or directly to a specialized service. In the latter case, the risks of losing important data are minimal, and the guarantees that the device will return to its normal state are maximized.
Why use a password
What we just do not store on our gadgets! Here are personal photos, documents and much more. Finally, a smartphone is already a full-fledged wallet, and protecting your own data is the most important task of the user.
Setting a password significantly reduces the opportunities for ill-wishers and scammers. The former are unlikely to be able to bypass the password on Android and gain access to personal information, and from the latter, only a four-digit numeric code is unlikely to save, but it will make you tinker. Young children, too, will not be able to disturb the peace by accidentally deleting important files. Yes, there can be a lot of reasons for locking a mobile device, only we often forget passwords.
Android apps for unlocking
Korean Samsung offers about the same unlocking option to its customers. They have their own account and a similar software unlock method. To disable the password on Android Samsung, you should:
- Open the Samsung account website and log in. If there is no username and password, register.
- Enter the section “Content and Services”.
- On the page that opens, confirm the “Unlock screen” command. The problem will be solved immediately.
But this is, perhaps, the only program for resetting the password in Android provided directly by the developers of mobile devices. All others involve sharing utilities on a PC and even obtaining ROOT rights, but more on that later.
How to delete the system.db file
If you delete the system database from a device, it will not have a password. The base, including system passwords, is located in a folder in the system.db file, which can be erased to get rid of the annoying blocking order. But to access such features, you need superuser rights, which can be obtained in two ways:
- Using software. special utilities installed on Android and / or PC.
- By flashing.
If you cannot find out the password from the Android phone, having full access to the operating system, you can use the explorer of the connected computer to enter the system partition. It is easy to find and erase a file here, without which passwords cannot be saved.
The task is implemented in the following sequence:
- Download the Android SDK archive from the official website and unpack it to your PC. You cannot download only ADB, so it downloads entirely Android Studio.
- Place the platform-tools folder in the root (drive C) and rename it to ADB for convenience.
- Connect smartphone to PC via USB cable.
- Enter the command line (Start menu, run or find cmd, then the Enter key) and write the adb shell command
update system set value = 0 where name = ‘lock_pattern_autolock’;
update system set value = 0 where name = ‘lockscreen.lockedoutpermanently’;
The password will disappear after rebooting from the device. If the device is rooted and has custom Recovery, you can proceed as follows:
- Download Aroma file manager (on PC) without unpacking the archive. In principle, you can use any other, just this one works with graphic files and is suitable for bypassing a graphic password.
- Connect gadget to PC.
- Copy the downloaded archive to the Android memory card.
- Turn off the gadget.
- Enter Recovery and choose to install the archive (Install zip).
- Select install from SD card.
- Find and specify the downloaded archive. The file manager will start.
- Open the data / system folder, where to find and delete the password.key file.
After rebooting the gadget, the password will fly off. In the same way, you can remove the password on the Android tablet. Well, the flashing will completely update the operating system, and the included password will not be in it by default. But this work is not for “dummies” and requires more knowledge and time.
Disabling a password using a PC
Now about the most difficult, but also the most effective way. how to reset the password on Android through a computer. To work, you need a cord, a PC and a special ADB Run program. This is an option for any devices, including those without ROOT.
Resetting your digital password when you forget it
Of course, each of us is more interested in the question of how to reset a password in Android without losing the data we care about protecting. The methods are as follows:
- Using an account.
- With an emergency call.
Both options work well. The first is provided by the developer of the operating system and involves working on his official website. And this will require a Google account. The second will require a good reaction. But in some cases it is worth showing miracles of dexterity.
But to unlock Android, if you forgot your password and account, you will have to use more complex and completely merciless methods for user data:
- Full reset.
These methods work one hundred percent and with the same probability they erase absolutely everything from the gadget (including passwords), returning the system to its original state.
Unlocking the pattern on Android
You can bypass the pattern with a less drastic method using:
- Google account
- incoming call;
- full battery discharge.
You don’t need to be a specialist for this, and such options almost always work. In more complex cases, this is done with:
- deleting the gesture.key file;
- cleaning the partition via Fastboot;
- full reset and reboot of settings;