How to launch Lenovo OneKey Recovery?
In Windows (or shut down your computer), press the Novo button or double-click the OneKey Recovery icon to start the Lenovo OneKey Recovery system. In the Novo buttons menu. select System Restore. This menu may also be called the System Recovery Menu.
How to factory reset an HP laptop?
- Turn on the laptop and press the F11 key until the HP Laptop Recovery Manager. Recovery Manager appears.
- Select “System Recovery”
- You will be prompted to save the necessary data, you can do it.
How to return a laptop to its original state?
Resetting your computer to its original state
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then select Change PC settings.
- Select Update & Recovery and then Recovery.
- Under Remove All Data and Reinstall Windows, click the Get Started button.
How to reset all settings on Windows 10 via BIOS?
Reset Windows 10 using a flash drive / disk
- Go to BIOS and select the desired boot option (from a USB flash drive or disk). Select your recovery stick from the BIOS boot menu.
- After rebooting, the recovery program will open. Enter “Troubleshooting”.
- Select “Return to original state”.
How to run System Restore on Lenovo All-in-One?
This Recovery Partition can be accessed the first time a Lenovo laptop is booted, when the message to press F11 appears. By pressing this key, you will be taken to the menu where you can take the necessary actions.
How to start Lenovo laptop in Windows 10 Safe Mode?
Press the Windows R key (force Windows to start in Safe Mode every time you restart your computer).
- Press the Windows R key.
- Enter msconfig in the dialog.
- Select the Boot tab.
- Select the “Secure Boot” option and click “Apply”.
How to reinstall Lenovo laptop?
On Lenovo G500 series models, you need to press the OneKey Recovery key when the laptop is turned off, and on some models, FnF2 (F12) is triggered. Next, we find the “Boot menu” and set the boot priority there. To do this, look for the inscription “First boot device”, go into it and select “CDDVD-Rom” from the list that appears.
Downloading the installer
The very first problem that you may encounter is persistent loading from the hard disk and ignoring the disk or flash drive inserted into the drive with the operating system distribution kit, for example Windows XP / 7/10. This happens because the BIOS is not configured correctly, namely, the wrong boot order is specified. We need to first enter the BIOS setup. This is done at the initial stage of loading the laptop, a few seconds after turning it on, before loading FREE Dos.
The system will write that to enter the BIOS (or SETUP), you must press the DEL key or one of the “F1-F12” buttons, usually F2 (depending on the model). On Lenovo G500 series models, you need to press the OneKey Recovery key when the laptop is off, and on some models, FnF2 (F12) is triggered.
Next, we find the “Boot menu” and set the boot priority there. To do this, look for the inscription “First boot device”, go into it and select “CD \ DVD-Rom” from the list that appears. Sometimes a list of bootable devices is not offered, then just go to the position “CD \ DVD-Rom” and move it to the very top by pressing the \-.
To select a USB flash drive, you need to find it by the model name and also move it up. By the way, a USB flash drive can be located in a subsection of hard drives (Hard Drive, HDD). Then we just find an exit from the SETUP program. select “SAVE ALL and EXIT”. “Yes”. Or just the “F10” button. For a one-time boot from a USB flash drive, you can skip entering the BIOS, but instead press F9 and select the boot device from the menu:
For G500 series models, and in general, it is recommended to first reset all default settings (“Load Defaults”) and only then set the desired boot priority. Also check that on the “Startup” tab the value “UEFI / Legacy Boot” is in the “Legacy Only” state, otherwise the installer may not start.
How to reinstall Windows on a Lenovo laptop
Some Lenovo laptops are sold with a preinstalled FREE Dos123 operating system, which, to put it mildly :), is not suitable for work. Many owners of Lenovo laptops (and not only) are faced with the problem of self-installation of the operating system.
Some are wondering if a special version of Windows is needed for a laptop, as opposed to a personal computer? No, Windows is one for everyone, it is only important to choose the right version: XP or Seven / 10, depending on the configuration of your laptop or candy bar.
To install Windows 7/10, in most cases, it will be enough to know that you have at least two gigabytes of RAM, and for x64 versions you need 4GB or more. Another such moment, if a disk with drivers for Windows 7/10 was supplied with the laptop, and you, for any reason, need to install Windows XP, then before installing it you will have to download all the drivers for this OS.
Next, we boot from the boot disk with the operating system distribution kit and follow the instructions of the installer. The procedure will be the same as installing on a regular computer. Also reinstalling is no different from installing. Only at the stage of selecting the target disk, you need to format it, i.e. erase old data. For more information, see my free video course “How to Install Windows 7”
How to reinstall Windows on a laptop. step-by-step instruction
For your compact laptop PC to work properly, you need to know exactly how to reinstall Windows on your laptop. Many users often encounter the problem of reinstalling the OS and prefer to solve problems on their own. Let’s describe a step-by-step brief instruction on how to reinstall Windows on a laptop from scratch.
Preparing to reinstall the OS
First of all, you need to make a copy of the necessary information from the C drive, since the reinstallation process involves the destruction of all information from this drive. If an emergency reinstallation occurs, this step is skipped. It should be noted that if you have no idea how to reinstall Windows on a laptop or are doing it for the first time, then it is better to invite a specialist. If you do not have this opportunity, use the information below.
Choosing drivers for reinstalling the OS
So, you need an operating system boot disk for your laptop. Modern laptop manufacturers equip PCs with such operating systems as Windows 7, Windows 8. However, earlier versions of this OS, such as Windows XP, are also in demand among users, so the question is: “How to reinstall Windows XP on a laptop ? ” is still relevant. It should be noted here that to reinstall Windows XP you need SATA drivers, which can be included in the Windows XP distribution or added by yourself. Later versions of the OS already have built-in drivers. For those users who know how to reboot the system on stationary computers, the question is: “How to reinstall Windows on a laptop?” will be simple, they can easily figure out all the moments.
We insert the disc into the drive and turn on the laptop. By pressing del we go into the BIOS. In different laptop models, the BIOS can be entered in different ways: by pressing the F10, F1 or F2 keys. Next, the Boot tab is required, in which we select the order of loading the laptop from CDROM. Go to the Exit tab, click on Exit Saving Changes. Further, the process of starting the laptop will occur from the boot disk that you inserted into the CDROM.
Installing the system from disk
Let’s move on to installing the system from disk. First you need to select or create a partition for Windows installation and specify its size. By clicking on it with the mouse, we proceed to formatting. The system will offer you two formatting options. fast NTFS and full FAT32. The most common option. NTFS, select and press Enter. After completing the formatting, the system starts copying its installation files to the hard disk. Windows starts after system reboot.
We proceed to setting up basic data, such as input language, your name, license key, computer name (any), administrator password, which must be recorded in the windows suggested by the system. Then the time and date data is configured, while choosing the time zone of your region. The penultimate stage of the installation ends with configuring the network parameters, where we select the tab “Common parameters”.
To complete the system installation process, you must restart the laptop. We hope you now understand how to reinstall Windows on a laptop. Good luck to you!
How to reinstall Windows: step by step instructions
When the computer starts to slow down and give one error after another, and manual cleaning does not bring results, the user is left with one radical, but effective way out. a complete reinstallation of Windows. And it’s not as difficult as many people think. Our instructions will help you.
Boot the system from a disk or flash drive
Now that you have a physical media with the desired Windows image, you need to go into a special BIOS software environment and select a disk or flash drive as the boot source here.
- Insert a bootable Windows image media into your computer.
- Reboot your device. As soon as the computer starts to boot again, click on the go to BIOS settings button. This is usually F2, F8, F9, or F12. depending on the hardware manufacturer. Most often, the desired key is displayed on the screen during BIOS boot.
- While in the BIOS menu, go to the Boot section if the system did not redirect you there immediately.
- In the Boot section, set a USB flash drive or disk with Windows as the boot source (in the screenshot above, a disk is selected for example). If you do not know how to do this, take a look around. you will see hints on the screen about control.
- Save changes.
Perhaps instead of the classic BIOS, you will see a more modern graphical interface. In addition, even in different older BIOS versions, the settings may differ. But in any case, the order of actions will be approximately the same: go to the boot menu, select the desired medium as source and save the changes.
After that, the computer should boot from the selected disk or flash drive.
How To Upgrade or Install Windows 10 on Lenovo Computer for Free !!
Save important data
In the process, you will format the local drive that contains the current version of Windows. Simply put, before installing a new system there, you have to erase all old data from it. The contents of the remaining disks should remain unchanged. But it is better to play it safe and pre-copy to the cloud or to a physical medium absolutely all the data from the computer that you are afraid of losing.
If paid programs are installed on your computer, do not forget to read the rules for working with licenses when reinstalling Windows in their documentation, otherwise you may lose them.
Run the installation wizard
If you did everything correctly, the Windows Setup Wizard will appear on the screen. Further actions do not exceed the complexity of the installation of an ordinary office program. You just have to follow the system prompts and wait while the files are unpacked. Unless you have to select a local disk for installing the operating system and format it.
Also, be prepared to enter your activation key along the way. But if you reinstall Windows 10 already activated on your computer, then you can skip the step with the key.
After the installation is complete, the computer should boot into normal operating mode.
Create a bootable disk or USB stick
If you want to install / reinstall a licensed version of Windows, make sure you have the appropriate activation key. Even if you are already using an activated system and just want to install the same version again, the old activation key may come in handy again.
- If you already have a bootable USB flash drive or disk with the version of Windows that you are going to install, you can skip to step 3. Otherwise, you need to download the Windows image from the Internet and burn it to any of the listed media according to the instructions below.
- Decide which version of Windows you will be installing and check that the computer meets its system requirements. This information can be found on the official Microsoft website or on the disc with the purchased Windows. Be sure to also check that the computer supports the new version: 32 or 64 bits. In order not to miscalculate, you can install the version with the same bit depth as your current version of Windows.
- To create a bootable USB flash drive with any Windows image found on the Web, you can use the Rufus program (with UEFI support) and go to step 3.
And below I will tell you how to create a bootable disk or USB flash drive with the official system image using Windows 10 as an example.
- Go to the Microsoft website and click on “Download the tool now” to download the utility for creating bootable media Windows 10 (if you need a different version, select it in the Windows tab).
- Run the downloaded program and accept the terms of the license agreement.
- Click on “Create installation media for another computer”.
- Select the settings for the new version of Windows manually, or leave the “Use recommended settings for this computer” checkbox if you are installing Windows on your current computer.
- Decide on the type of media.
- Specify the path to the disk or flash drive to which you will write the image.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Install the drivers
Modern versions of Windows load the drivers themselves. But if, after reinstalling the system, you notice that the video card, speakers, or something else does not work correctly, you can use the utility to autoload the drivers. For example, the free Driver Booster will do.
After completing all of the above, you can get to work. The computer must be ready.
Creating a bootable USB drive
How do I reinstall “Windows 10” on an HP laptop? Just like with any other computer. The main thing is to have a boot file with the operating system.
Consider the process of creating a bootable USB drive. It is better to use the Rufus program for this. The utility is free, easy to find and install.
The instructions for creating a USB flash drive with Windows 10 looks like this:
- Download the required version of the operating system. For example, a pirated copy. It is this alignment that occurs most often in practice.
- Install Rufus.
- Run the utility.
- Insert a USB flash drive with sufficient volume (4-8 GB) into the computer.
- Check the box next to “Create bootable disk”.
- In the field opposite set the ISO Image parameter.
- Select the pre-downloaded “Windows” installer.
- Specify the file system. NTFS.
- Click on the Start button.
After the end of the operation, the user will have a bootable USB flash drive with “Windows 10” ready. We will tell you how to use it a bit later.
Now what? How to reinstall “Windows 8” to “10” on a laptop? This can be done according to the instructions suggested earlier. But modern users find it much easier to use the Internet and the new Microsoft tools. They will help you update the OS, from Windows 7 to “dozen”.
What is required for this task? The upgrade guide looks like this:
- Install Windows 10 Media Creation.
- Run the utility.
- Select “System Update”.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- Agree with the license.
- Set initialization parameters. Usually, when updating, the default is “Install Windows 10” and “Save personal data and applications”. You can edit the parameters by clicking on the “Edit” hyperlink.
- Click on the “Install” button.
Now all that remains is to wait. Installation speed depends on your internet connection. Without him, it will not work to bring the idea to life.
Installing with UEFI
You can act differently. For example, create an operating system that is insured against sudden breakdowns. It will be much easier to restore it than in the previous version.
How do I reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop? Need to:
- Repeat the first 9 steps from the previous instruction.
- Format all partitions on the hard drive.
- Select the main partition of the HDD. The one on which Windows will be installed.
- Click on the “Create” button.
- Mark all free space.
- Confirm actions.
- Click on the “Next” button.
The operating system initialization process begins. After the operation is completed, you will be prompted to select personalization options and configure Windows for further work. Even a child can cope with these tasks. It is enough to read the instructions on the monitor carefully.
First of all, we will try to understand what situations each user may face. Today Windows is suggested to be reinstalled in different ways.
- from a flash drive;
- using a disk;
- updating the operating system.
We will discuss all these options below. In reality, mastering them is easier than it seems. And if you have a few hours of free time in stock, OS installation will not cause any hassle.
How to reinstall “Windows 10” to “7”? On a laptop or computer. this is not so important. The main thing is that each user within 30 days from the date of the OS update will be able to return to the previous version of the software. Accordingly, if the user had Windows 7, it can be restored. Otherwise, rollback is not possible. only a complete “clean” reinstallation of the system.
The instructions for rolling back Windows 10 are as follows:
- Start the operating system.
- Go to the “Parameters” section.
- Click on “Update and Security”.
- Click on the “Recovery” block.
- Click on “Return to Windows 7”.
- Click on “Start”.
- Specify any reason for the rollback and press the “Next” button.
- Click “Return to Windows 7” again.
At this stage, the user’s actions are over. The computer will begin to roll back the system. After waiting a little, the user will receive the old version of the operating system on the computer.
In the meantime, let’s look at the procedure for creating a bootable disk with the operating system under study. A similar scenario is used by the bulk of users. Many people are more accustomed to running the OS installation from a disk, rather than from flash memory.
You must proceed as follows:
- Start IMGBurn.
- Download the installer “Windows 10” on your computer.
- Insert DVD into drive.
- In the menu of the previously mentioned utility, click on “Create.”.
- In the Source field, specify the path to the downloaded installer.
- Press the button with the image of a sheet of paper.
Done! In just a few minutes, the user will have an installation disk with Windows 10. You can also create it using Alcohol 120%. Today, users have access to a huge variety of utilities for “burning” discs. All of them are suitable for creating a boot file with an operating system.
We have finished with the main preparations. It remains only to run the installer and complete the initialization. It is recommended to perform a “clean” installation from scratch to avoid errors, problems and crashes.
How can I do this? The user needs:
- Insert a bootable disk into a floppy drive / USB stick. One thing is needed.
- To restart a computer.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- Click on “Diagnostics”.
- Click on the “Return to original state” button.
- Select “Delete All”.
- Confirm actions.
- Click on the Windows 10 icon.
- Specify “Only the drive where Windows 10 is installed”.
- Select disk partition.
- Click on the “Format” button. Carry out the procedure with all partitions of the HDD.
- Specify the partition of the disk to which Windows will be installed.
- Click on “Next”.
The main actions are behind. It remains only to wait for the completion of the operation. During the installation of Windows, the computer will restart itself several times. This is normal.
Initially, the installer is pre-configured, which predetermines the basic parameters of the future system. Step by step guide:
- From the three drop-down lists, one by one select the language to be installed, the time format, currency units and the input method.
- Enter the OS license key in the corresponding field. In the absence, you must click on the hyperlink “Do it later”.
- Select the appropriate one from the list of available editions and confirm the selection.
- Accept the license agreement by clicking on the appropriate button.
- Select the type of installation. To control the process, you must click on the item “Custom: Windows installation only”.
Important! Depending on the downloaded OS image, some steps may be missing.
Launching a laptop from a carrier
After creating the bootable drive, you need to start the computer from the USB flash drive. This is done through a special Boot Menu. which is called by pressing a special button during a system reboot. Below are the keys corresponding to laptop models.
After entering the Boot Menu. using the arrows on the keyboard, highlight the name of the flash drive and press Enter. the computer will start from the boot drive.
Partitioning a disk means allocating disk space for system files. When reinstalling, often all the memory of the hard drive is divided into partitions, so you first need to delete the volume from the previous OS in order to put the new Windows 10 in this place.
- Determine the system partition based on the total and free size of the volume. Select and click “Delete”.
- Click on the line “Unallocated disk space”, and then on the item “Create”.
- Allocate space for installing a new Windows 10. The minimum size is 100,000 MB.
- Click on the Next button. accept the changes made in the dialog box
The process of transferring data to the hard drive of the computer will begin. The progress of the operation can be monitored in the installer window.
Reinstalling Windows 10 on a laptop
To reinstall the preinstalled Windows 10 on a laptop, after starting the installer, you need to perform preliminary configuration, partition the disk, and at the end set custom parameters.
How to reinstall the preinstalled Windows 10 on a laptop
To reinstall Windows 10 on a laptop, you will need to write the installer image to a USB flash drive, and then start the computer from the media. The next step is to pre-configure the installer and partition the disk space. Finally, you need to specify custom settings.
Creating an installation drive
The installation media is created using a dedicated application. As an example, we will use the UltraISO program, which is distributed under a paid subscription. But the trial period is enough to complete the task.
Important! First, you need to download an image of the operating system (OS) on your computer.
- Open the “File” tool menu and click on the “Open” line. Alternatively, you can use the shortcut Ctrl O.
- Go to the directory with the OS image, select the file and click on the Open button.
- In the application, open the “Boot” menu and select “Burn Hard Disk Image”.
- Define the name of the flash drive in the Disk Drive drop-down list. The media at this point should be inserted into the USB port.
- Set the USB-HDD recording method and click on Burn.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Yes. giving consent to the deletion of all information that is on the drive.
The process of transferring the Windows 10 installer files to the media will begin. The progress of the operation is monitored in the program window. Once UltraISO is finished, you can close.
Customizing custom settings
At the final stage, it will be necessary to enter custom parameters. Step by step guide:
- Determine the region of residence by selecting the appropriate one from the list.
- Specify the correct keyboard layout, adding multiple.
- Choose a way to further customize. It is recommended to click on the item “Configure for personal use”.
- Sign in with a Microsoft user account if you have an account. Otherwise, you must click on the item “Offline account”.
- If using an offline profile, enter a username and then set a password. If you signed in to your Microsoft account, you need to come up with a PIN.
- You can opt out of activating new features in Windows 10. You can configure them later, and at the stage of entering user parameters, this will save time.
- When choosing privacy options, disable all items to reduce the load on the processor and RAM.
After a short boot, the desktop appears. Windows 10 installation is complete.