How to return a laptop to its original state?
Resetting your computer to its original state
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then select Change PC settings.
- Select Update & Recovery and then Recovery.
- Under Remove All Data and Reinstall Windows, click the Get Started button.
How to Repair Windows 10 on Lenovo Laptop?
In Windows (or shut down your computer), press the Novo button or double-click the OneKey Recovery icon to start the Lenovo OneKey Recovery system. In the Novo buttons menu. select System Restore. This menu may also be called the System Recovery Menu.
How to return a Lenovo laptop to its original condition?
- Press the “OneKey Rescue” button on the switched off laptop.
- Select the “OneKey Recovery” function.
- Check the box “Recover from original copy”.
- Read the recovery details and click “Start”.
How to reinstall Lenovo laptop?
On Lenovo G500 series models, you need to press the OneKey Recovery key when the laptop is off, and on some models, FnF2 (F12) is triggered. Next, we find the “Boot menu” and set the boot priority there. To do this, look for the inscription “First boot device”, go into it and select “CDDVD-Rom” from the list that appears.
How to launch Lenovo OneKey Recovery?
In Windows (or shut down your computer), press the Novo button or double-click the OneKey Recovery icon to start the Lenovo OneKey Recovery system. In the Novo buttons menu. select System Restore. This menu may also be called the System Recovery Menu.
How to factory reset an HP laptop?
- Turn on the laptop and press the F11 key until the HP Laptop Recovery Manager. Recovery Manager appears.
- Select “System Recovery”
- You will be prompted to save the necessary data, you can do it.
How to run System Restore on Lenovo All-in-One?
This Recovery Partition can be accessed the first time a Lenovo laptop is booted, when the message to press F11 appears. By pressing this key, you will be taken to the menu, where you can take the necessary actions.
3.4 Partitioning / formatting the hard drive.
At this step, we get to the menu where we have to select the partition of the hard drive to reinstall Windows 10. Don’t worry if there are an order of magnitude more disks than you are used to seeing: now we will figure it out.
Remember how we wrote down the dimensions of the C drive before starting the installation? So we can easily identify it: find, select, click “Format” (at this stage it will be completely cleared), select again and click “Next”.
If you want (for example, there is not enough space on the “old” C drive), you can partition the hard drive in a new way. To do this, select all the current sections, click “Delete” and use the “Create” button to set new ones. Then select the disk for installation and click “Next”.
In terms of free disk space, Windows 10 is quite power hungry. To be sure, target 20-25 GB for 64-bit and 16-20 GB for 32-bit. Microsoft modestly names the minimum figures, but in real life they “swell” almost instantly.
Sometimes it is necessary to additionally install a second OS on the computer without touching the current one. How do I reinstall Windows 10 while keeping the old version? Nothing complicated: we put a new one on a neighboring disk (for example, on D), and we get two autonomous systems. The entrance to the desired one is selected at each start.
- Have you decided on a section and clicked “Next”? The files will be copied to it and the computer will restart.
- At this stage, quickly take out the USB flash drive (if the installation window from the USB flash drive still managed to appear again, just close it and the system will restart again, this time as it should)
- For a while we admire the black screen with the “tens” logo and the message “Preparation in progress” while the system is being prepared, configured, etc. Sometimes the computer will restart itself, sometimes it flickers or freezes. everything is fine, we do not touch anything. As a rule, the whole process of reinstalling Windows 10 takes about 30-100 minutes.
- Finally, the system will ask us to enter the key. At the bottom left, you can click on the small inscription “Do it later”.
- Then we choose whether to connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi (if you plan to immediately log into your Microsoft account, connect, if not, while you can select “Skip this step”).
2 Restoring the OS instead of reinstalling.
3.3 How to reinstall Windows 10: choose the version / bitness.
We have briefly described this step in steps.
Window: Select all “Russian” (language, time format, layout).
Window: Click “Install”.
Window: If there is an official key, then enter it. If not, at the bottom we honestly click on the blue inscription: “I don’t have a product key”.
Window: (The window appears if there are 2 versions of Win 10 with different architectures on the flash drive at once)
We indicate the one that we are going to install.
Window: Choose between Home and Pro versions (we recommend “Home”).
(This window is not always there)
Window: Read the license agreement, tick the consent box, click “Next”.
Window: Click on the second option “Custom: Windows installation only”
How to reinstall Windows 10 from a USB flash drive
No matter how advanced the “ten” is considered, sooner or later it begins to treacherously slow down. In this article, we walk you through the steps on how to reinstall Windows 10 on a laptop or PC with minimal hassle. We promise: even inexperienced users will cope without problems.
How To Fix / Factory Reset a Lenovo Laptop Computer. Restore to Factory Settings. Updated 2020
1 Which is better: reinstalling, optimizing the system, or restoring?
The good news is that Windows 10 has advanced recovery mechanisms built in, about which not everyone knows yet. And in vain. Because often you can do without a full reinstallation. the system can be returned to the state “as it was at the very beginning” in a few clicks (more on this below).
And most importantly: before resorting to any radical methods, we strongly recommend that you try our instruction “How to speed up your computer on Windows 10”. In it, we have collected the most effective optimization methods that will help you thoroughly clean and overclock your system. Often this is enough. and you will always have time to reinstall Windows!
How To Upgrade or Install Windows 10 on Lenovo Computer for Free !!
3 How to reinstall Windows 10 from a USB flash drive.
Still decided to completely demolish and rearrange the OS on the laptop again? Our step-by-step instructions for reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB flash drive will make this task as easy as possible.
- Because all information from disk C will be erased, all important files from it will be transferred to a safe place: to disk D or a USB flash drive. Don’t forget to check Desktop, My Documents, Downloads, etc.
- Remember what size the C drive was and how much free space it has. this will come in handy later when you need to “recognize” it during the installation process.
3.5 Configuring parameters and account.
Now let’s start configuring the parameters. If you don’t want to mess around now, just click on “Use default settings.” All this can be changed and after you reinstall Windows 10, already in the process.
It will not be superfluous to optimize the Windows system, read about this in detail in our article “How to speed up your computer on Windows 10”
If you do not mind solving the issue immediately, then click “Settings” and follow these steps:
- Set your region / “Yes”.
- We confirm the layout / “Yes”. miss
- If desired, select additional layouts (you do not need to add English separately, it is included in the kit by default). If two is enough for you, then click “Skip”.
- Choose “For personal use”.
- We go into a Microsoft account, but it’s better to create a local one (see below).
- We set the PIN code for logging in. or do without it.
- Set up cloud storage OneDrive. or just click “No”.
- We study the proposed privacy settings and safely turn off everything that we do not like.
In the next step, if the computer is connected to the Internet, the system will invite you to log in to your Microsoft account. But in order to avoid some potential glitches, we recommend that you do this after the installation is complete. In the meantime, it is better to choose “Skip this step” (small blue inscription below).
We get to the menu for creating a local account (if there is no Internet, then you will be transferred here immediately, without the previous window).
Everything is simple here: we come up with a login / enter the password twice / click “Next”. If you don’t want to, you can leave the password blank. then Windows will not ask you for it when you log in. But it’s better to put.
We are approaching the finish line! At this stage of reinstalling Windows 10, it independently deals with various fine-tuning settings, installs all sorts of programs, etc. We just have to contemplate the encouraging screen “It may take a few minutes”.
But do not rush to take his word for it: if the computer is not very powerful, in practice, all this can drag on for a good half hour. We do not touch anything, do not turn off, do not reboot. we just go about our business and wait.
When the system finishes everything, you will see the desktop of the brand new Windows 10.
3.2 Starting installation via BIOS / Boot Menu.
To start reinstalling Windows 10, you need to set the boot from a USB flash drive. We insert the drive into the USB port, reboot, and then there are 2 options.
1) The easiest. go to the boot menu (Boot Menu) and use the up and down keys to select the boot from our USB flash drive. Here is a plate with buttons that call the Boot Menu on different computers (click immediately after restarting, as soon as a black screen appears).
- MSI (motherboard). AMI (BIOS). F11
- Gigabyte. Award. F12
- BIOStar. Phoenix-Award. F9
- Asus. AMI. F8
- Intel. Phoenix-Award. Esc
- AsRock. AMI. F11
- ChainTech. missing
- ECS. AMI. F11
- FoxConn. Esc
- GigaByte. F12
- Asus. Esc
- Acer. F12
- Asus AMI. Esc
- Asus Phoenix-Award. F8
- Dell. F12
- Fujitsu. F12
- HP. Esc, then F9
- Lenovo. F12
- MSI. F11
- Samsung. Esc (note. press only once during the startup screen!)
- Sony. F11
- Toshiba. F12
2) The second method is a little longer. instead of the Boot Menu, we enter the BIOS (the keys to enter here. link) and in the list of boot devices we assign our first installation USB flash drive. For this:
- In BIOS, go to the section “Boot” / “Boot Priority” / “Boot Options”.
- Go to item “1. First” / press “Enter” / click on “USB” / again “Enter”.
- We check that “HDD” / “Hard Drive” is under some other number below.
- Save changes.
You will have your own exact names, but in general, the line with “USB” should be higher than “HDD / Hard Drive”.
Done? Great, the following message appears most often after loading:
Press any key, and the reinstallation of Windows 10 has officially begun!
How to reinstall Windows on a laptop
For various reasons, it is sometimes necessary to reinstall Windows. And sometimes, if it is necessary to do this on a laptop, novice users may have various difficulties associated with the installation process itself, installing drivers or other nuances that are peculiar only to laptops. I propose to consider in detail the reinstallation process, as well as some approaches that may allow you to reinstall the OS without any hassle at all.
Reinstall Windows built-in
In my opinion, this is the best method, but it is not always possible to use it. quite often, when I come to a computer repair call, I see that everything on the client’s laptop, including the hidden recovery partition on the hard disk, has been removed in order to install a pirated Windows 7 Ultimate, with built-in driver packs or subsequent installation of drivers using Driver Pack Solution. This is one of the most unreasonable actions of users who consider themselves “advanced” and thus want to get rid of the laptop manufacturer’s programs that slow down the system.
Laptop recovery program example
If you have not yet reinstalled Windows on your laptop (and did not call the would-be masters) and the operating system with which it was purchased is installed on it, you can easily use the recovery tools, here are the ways to do it:
- For laptops with Windows 7 of almost all brands, in the Start menu there are recovery programs from the manufacturer, which can be identified by the name (contains the word Recovery). By running this program, you can see various recovery methods, including reinstalling Windows and restoring the laptop to factory state.
- Almost on all laptops, immediately after switching on, on the screen with the manufacturer’s logo, there is a text below which button you need to press in order to start recovery instead of loading Windows, for example: “Press F2 for Recovery”.
- On laptops with Windows 8 installed, you can go to “Computer Settings” (you can start typing this text on the Windows 8 Start Screen and quickly get into these options). “General” and select “Delete All Data and Reinstall Windows”. As a result, Windows will be reinstalled automatically (although there may be a couple of dialog boxes), and all the necessary drivers and preinstalled programs will be installed.
Thus, I recommend reinstalling Windows on laptops using the methods described above. Various assemblies like ZverDVD have no advantages over the preinstalled Windows 7 Home Basic. And there are plenty of shortcomings.
Nevertheless, if your laptop has already undergone inept reinstallations and there is no longer any recovery partition, then read on.
How to reinstall Windows on a laptop without a recovery partition
First of all, we need a distribution kit with the required version of the operating system. a CD or a USB flash drive with it. If you already have one, then great, if not, but there is an image (ISO file) with Windows. you can burn it to a disc or create a bootable USB flash drive (see detailed instructions here). The process of installing Windows on a laptop itself is not very different from installing on a regular computer. You can see an example in the article about installing Windows, which is suitable for both Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Drivers on the official website of the laptop manufacturer
Upon completion of the installation, you will have to install all the necessary drivers for your laptop. In this case, I recommend not using the various automatic driver installers. The best way is to download laptop drivers from the manufacturer’s website. If you have a Samsung laptop, go to Samsung.com, if you have an Acer, then go to acer.com, etc. After that, look for the “Support” or “Downloads” section and download the necessary driver files, and then install them one by one. For some laptops, the order of installing the drivers is important (for example, Sony Vaio), there may also be some other difficulties that you will have to deal with yourself.
After installing all the necessary drivers, you can say that you have reinstalled Windows on your laptop. But, once again, I note that the best way is to use the recovery partition, and when it is not there. installing “clean” Windows, and not “assemblies”.
Distribution of new, sometimes interesting and useful materials from the remontka.pro website. No ads and free computer help for subscribers from the author. Other subscription methods (VK, Odnoklassniki, Telegram., YouTube, Yandex.Dzen)
Hello, I want to download the Windows installer to a USB flash drive and install it on another computer. Can you tell me where the Windows installer is located on the laptop?
You can’t do that. Those. if the laptop is with the original OS, then the installation files are there on a hidden partition, but it is better not to install it on another computer from there. Download the ISO image of the required version of Windows from the official Microsoft website https://remontka.pro/download-Windows-7-8-10-original-iso-microsoft/
As I understand it, you have Windows 7. There is another way:
1. Download the original ISO in the required edition like this: https://remontka.pro/download-Windows-7-8-10-original-iso-microsoft/
2. Install (the key will pass during installation).
3. When activation fails (and it may not take place after installation for OEM keys), use phone activation. it works.
Hello. There is a Lenovo g580 laptop with win 8 preinstalled. How to move to win 10 while keeping the license? Thanks in advance.
The second way is to view the key from UEFI using a program like ShowKeyPlus, download the ISO image (or make a bootable USB flash drive) from the official Microsoft website, use the key during installation.
There are tons of hidden partitions on the laptop. Which ones can be deleted? I want to install win 10 clean
It depends on what sections are there. In general, ideally, do not touch all partitions at the beginning of the disk, i.e. only systemic and subsequent. The one that you have 10-30 gigabytes hidden (if any) is a backup copy of the system from the manufacturer, it can come in handy: https://remontka.pro/laptop-factory-reset/
And if there is no such thing and only 100-500 MB partitions, then in general everything can be demolished, they will be created anew.
the screen is broken on the laptop and the keyboard is faulty, is it possible to use the key from the win 7 OS installed there on another laptop without an OS?
You can try, but not the fact that it will work. But: if you use this key when installing Win 10 on another laptop, then the probability is higher.
And in fact, what is the recovery section? that is, I understand correctly when buying a laptop, the disk is already partitioned and this section contains all the information for recovery?
For most laptops. yes, as you described.
Hello. I have a laptop with win preinstalled. 8.1. I need to reinstall on Windows 10 with editing disk partitions. Those. I have a 1TB rail. I need to split one partition for the system, the second for the file cleaning system. Tell me how to do it. On laptops, there was no experience with reinstallation, so I ask for help, I’m afraid to screw up.
And, yes, I forgot, if possible, so that the license is still preserved
In general, the plan in your case is this, most likely it will be optimal (but still at your own peril and risk, I may not have something from Honor by accident for your specific installation, but in 95% of cases everything will be ok):
1. Boot from a USB flash drive with a 10 (be sure in EFI mode, if you see an error that installation is impossible, since the GPT disk means booted into Legacy), at the stage of choosing a partition for installation, we ONLY format the partition with the current 8.1, do not touch the other partitions. we do not break anything in any way.
2. Select this formatted partition, click “next” go through the entire installation process.
3. After installation, already in Windows itself, we separate the necessary space in “disk management”. see https://remontka.pro/razbit-HDD/
Why do I recommend that you do nothing else at the first step: because independent actions to separate at this stage can lead to the fact that the system partitions “in the wrong place”, or spoil the factory recovery partition, which may come in handy.
Thanks for the help. And from the disk I cannot install?
Yes, you can. I’m just writing about a USB flash drive, because they usually bet from them, but there is no difference.
Thanks for the answer. But there is one more question. I can say that at the beginning of the installation it is necessary to change the size of the logical disk. Still, it’s better not to do this, as I understand it? What are the consequences, do not tell?
Why is it mandatory during installation? Believe me, it is more practical and less likely to unforeseen things, it is better to do it already in the installed Windows. It’s as simple as during installation. just shrink the partition in disk management, and format the freed up area as a “file bin”.
If you start deleting / creating partitions at the installation stage, the problems may be as follows: automatically created partitions in places you do not need (which will hinder in the future and which cannot be prevented from being created), problems with the factory recovery image.
Hello Lenovo laptop. without a floppy drive, with two USB ports. Yesterday I reinstalled the OS, at first I could not install it, it gave an error about a GPT format disk, according to your article I transferred it to MBR. the system got up, but I did not immediately notice that not a single USB port was working at all. and now I can not install the driver. and the drive is wired, does not see. and now I don’t know what to do, I want to reinstall it, through the BIOS I see both the USB flash drive and the floppy drive, the OS boot menu comes out, but when you select the desired OS variation, it just loads what is already installed, that is, the reinstallation does not go, throws it out. sorry that it’s so messy, I hope that I clearly described my problem, otherwise I’m not an expert thanks for the answer.
We have finished with the main preparations. It remains only to run the installer and complete the initialization. In order to avoid errors, malfunctions and failures, it is recommended to perform a “clean” installation from scratch.
How can I do this? The user needs:
- Insert the bootable disk into a floppy drive / USB stick. One thing is needed.
- To restart a computer.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- Click on “Diagnostics”.
- Click on the “Return to original state” button.
- Select “Delete All”.
- Confirm actions.
- Click on the Windows 10 icon.
- Specify “Only the drive where Windows 10 is installed”.
- Select disk partition.
- Click on the “Format” button. Carry out the procedure with all partitions of the HDD.
- Specify the partition of the disk to which Windows will be installed.
- Click on “Next”.
The main actions are behind. It remains only to wait for the completion of the operation. During the installation of Windows, the computer will restart itself several times. This is normal.
Installing with UEFI
You can act differently. For example, create an operating system that is insured against sudden breakdowns. It will be much easier to restore it than in the previous version.
How do I reinstall Windows 10 on my laptop? Need to:
- Repeat the first 9 steps from the previous instruction.
- Format all partitions on the hard drive.
- Select the main partition of the HDD. The one on which Windows will be installed.
- Click on the “Create” button.
- Mark all free space.
- Confirm actions.
- Click on the “Next” button.
The operating system initialization process begins. After the operation is completed, you will be prompted to select personalization options and configure Windows for further work. Even a child can cope with these tasks. It is enough to read the instructions on the monitor carefully.
Now what? How to reinstall “Windows 8” to “10” on a laptop? This can be done according to the instructions suggested earlier. But modern users find it much easier to use the Internet and the new Microsoft tools. They will help you update the OS, from Windows 7 to “dozen”.
What is required for this task? The upgrade guide looks like this:
- Install Windows 10 Media Creation.
- Run the utility.
- Select “System Update”.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- Agree with the license.
- Set initialization parameters. Usually, when updating, the default is “Install Windows 10” and “Save personal data and applications”. You can edit the parameters by clicking on the “Edit” hyperlink.
- Click on the “Install” button.
Now all that remains is to wait. Installation speed depends on your internet connection. Without him, it will not work to bring the idea to life.
Creating a bootable USB drive
How do I reinstall “Windows 10” on an HP laptop? Just like with any other computer. The main thing is to have a boot file with the operating system.
Consider the process of creating a bootable USB drive. It is better to use the Rufus program for this. The utility is free, easy to find and install.
The instructions for creating a USB flash drive with Windows 10 looks like this:
- Download the correct version of the operating system. For example, a pirated copy. It is this alignment that occurs most often in practice.
- Install Rufus.
- Run the utility.
- Insert a USB flash drive with sufficient volume (4-8 GB) into your computer.
- Check the box next to “Create bootable disk”.
- In the field opposite set the ISO Image parameter.
- Select the pre-downloaded “Windows” installer.
- Specify the file system. NTFS.
- Click on the Start button.
After the end of the operation, the user will have a bootable USB flash drive with “Windows 10” ready. We will tell you how to use it a bit later.
First of all, we will try to understand what situations each user may face. Today Windows is suggested to be reinstalled in different ways.
- from a flash drive;
- using a disk;
- updating the operating system.
We will discuss all these options below. In reality, mastering them is easier than it seems. And if you have a few hours of free time in stock, OS installation will not cause any hassle.
In the meantime, let’s look at the procedure for creating a bootable disk with the operating system under study. A similar scenario is used by the bulk of users. Many people are more accustomed to running the OS installation from a disk, rather than from flash memory.
You must proceed as follows:
- Start IMGBurn.
- Download the installer “Windows 10” on your computer.
- Insert DVD into drive.
- In the menu of the previously mentioned utility, click on “Create.”.
- In the Source field, specify the path to the downloaded installer.
- Press the button with the image of a sheet of paper.
Done! In just a few minutes, the user will have an installation disk with Windows 10. You can also create it using Alcohol 120%. Today, users have access to a huge variety of utilities for “burning” discs. All of them are suitable for creating a boot file with an operating system.
How to reinstall “Windows 10” to “7”? On a laptop or computer. this is not so important. The main thing is that each user within 30 days from the date of the OS update will be able to return to the previous version of the software. Accordingly, if the user had Windows 7, it can be restored. Otherwise, rollback is not possible. only a complete “clean” reinstallation of the system.
The instructions for rolling back Windows 10 are as follows:
- Start the operating system.
- Go to the “Parameters” section.
- Click on “Update and Security”.
- Click on the “Recovery” block.
- Click on “Return to Windows 7”.
- Click on “Start”.
- Specify any reason for the rollback and press the “Next” button.
- Click “Return to Windows 7” again.
At this stage, the user’s actions are over. The computer will begin to roll back the system. After waiting a little, the user will receive the old version of the operating system on the computer.
How to reinstall “Windows 10” on a laptop: step by step instructions
Quite often, modern users think about how to reinstall “Windows 10” on a laptop or computer. The answer to this question can be found below. With the right approach to bringing the idea to life, there will be no difficulties. Even a novice user can cope with the task. But what do you need to remember? What tips and tricks will help you quickly change the operating system?
Partitioning a disk means allocating disk space for system files. When reinstalling, often all the memory of the hard drive is divided into partitions, so you first need to delete the volume from the previous OS in order to put the new Windows 10 in this place.
- Determine the system partition based on the total and free size of the volume. Select and click “Delete”.
- Click on the line “Unallocated disk space”, and then on the item “Create”.
- Allocate space for installing a new Windows 10. The minimum size is 100,000 MB.
- Click on the Next button. accept the changes made in the dialog box
The process of transferring data to the hard drive of the computer will begin. The progress of the operation can be monitored in the installer window.
Initially, the installer is pre-configured, which predetermines the basic parameters of the future system. Step by step guide:
- From the three drop-down lists, alternately select the language to be installed, the time format, currency units and the input method.
- Enter the OS license key in the corresponding field. In case of absence, you must click on the “Do it later” hyperlink.
- Select the appropriate one from the list of available editions and confirm the selection.
- Accept the license agreement by clicking on the appropriate button.
- Select the type of installation. To control the process, you must click on the item “Custom: Windows installation only”.
Important! Depending on the downloaded OS image, some steps may be missing.
Creating an installation drive
The installation media is created using a dedicated application. As an example, we will use the UltraISO program, which is distributed under a paid subscription. But the trial period is enough to complete the task.
Important! First, you need to download an image of the operating system (OS) to your computer.
- Open the “File” tool menu and click on the “Open” line. Alternatively, you can use the shortcut Ctrl O.
- Go to the directory with the OS image, select the file and click on the Open button.
- In the application, open the “Boot” menu and select the “Burn Hard Disk Image” item.
- Define the name of the flash drive in the Disk Drive drop-down list. The media at this point should be inserted into the USB port.
- Set the USB-HDD recording method and click on Burn.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Yes. giving consent to the deletion of all information that is on the drive.
The process of transferring the Windows 10 installer files to the media will begin. The progress of the operation is monitored in the program window. Once UltraISO is finished, you can close.
How to reinstall the preinstalled Windows 10 on a laptop
To reinstall Windows 10 on a laptop, you will need to write the installer image to a USB flash drive, and then start the computer from the media. The next step is to pre-configure the installer and partition the disk space. Finally, you need to specify custom settings.
Launching a laptop from a carrier
After creating the bootable drive, you need to start the computer from the USB flash drive. This is done through a special Boot Menu. which is called by pressing a special button during a system reboot. Below are the keys corresponding to laptop models.
Manufacturer Key Asus Esc Acer F12 Dell F12 HP Esc F9 Lenovo F12 Packard bell F12 Samsung Esc Sony Vaio F11 Toshiba F12
After entering the Boot Menu. using the arrows on the keyboard, highlight the name of the flash drive and press Enter. the computer will start from the boot drive.
Reinstalling Windows 10 on a laptop
To reinstall the preinstalled Windows 10 on a laptop, after starting the installer, you need to perform preliminary configuration, partition the disk, and at the end set custom parameters.
Customizing custom parameters
At the final stage, it will be necessary to enter custom parameters. Step by step guide:
- Determine the region of residence by selecting the appropriate one from the list.
- Specify the correct keyboard layout, adding multiple.
- Choose a way to further customize. It is recommended to click on the item “Configure for personal use”.
- Sign in with a Microsoft user account if you have an account. Otherwise, you must click on the item “Offline account”.
- If using an offline profile, enter a username and then set a password. If you were logged into your Microsoft account, you need to come up with a PIN.
- You can opt out of activating new features in Windows 10. You can configure them later, and at the stage of entering user parameters, this will save time.
- When choosing privacy options, disable all items to reduce the load on the processor and RAM.
After a short boot, the desktop appears. Windows 10 installation is complete.
Benefits of using Windows 10
Let’s try to answer the most important question: is it worth installing a fresh version of the operating system from Microsoft? You will not find any stunning or revolutionary innovations in comparison with 8.1. However, in every component the operating system has improved both in speed and controllability. Here are just five points that any laptop user might be interested in.
- The most important news for all those who have taken hostility to the “tiles” of the eighth version. the return of the familiar desktop “Start” menu. It has become much smarter and more convenient to use. To run any program, you just need to type the first couple of letters of its name. Live tiles are still there, they have moved to the Start menu bar.
- Significantly improved Mail and Calendar application will finally allow you to fully work with mail in standard Windows applications.
- The new Edge browser is much faster and smarter than its slow predecessor IE.
- The setup menu became clear to the user. A short list of the main points, with large, easy-to-understand pictograms. But the main achievement is a convenient search for settings. Just write what you need and get an approximate list of settings that will help you.
- Thought over and improved file synchronization with OneDrive cloud storage and smartphones under all popular mobile OS.
And this is not a complete list of all the updates and innovations. So let’s get started with the installation. A step-by-step guide will help you understand all the main points of this process and do everything yourself.
Installing Windows 10 on a laptop: step by step instructions
Better to start by visiting a special page dedicated to Windows 10, posted on the official Microsoft website. Everything you need to install is collected here.
Experts advise against using third-party utilities of dubious origin. over, this time Microsoft specialists really prepared well, and their utilities are reliable and easy to use.
Is your laptop ready to install Windows 10?
This will be reported by a special utility that you can find on the support page. The general requirements are as follows.
- Screen with a resolution of 800 × 600 pixels.
- About 20 GB of disk space.
- At least 1 GB for 32-bit or 2 GB for Windows 10 64-bit RAM.
- Video card that understands DirectX version 9 or higher.
- or less modern processor with a frequency of 1 GHz or higher.
- PAE, NX and SSE2 support
How to install Windows 10 from a flash drive or DVD?
To install Windows 10 from a USB flash drive or disk, you need a system image, which can be downloaded from the above support page of the official website. There you will also find a utility for writing an image to a flash drive. Click on the Download tool now button, after selecting the version: 32 or 64 bit.
The program is called Media Creation Tool.
- In Media Creation Tools, select the desired action: install Windows 10 on your laptop right now or create a bootable USB flash drive.
- In the next window, decide on the OS edition, language and bit depth. The choice of bit depth is related to the capabilities of the processor. But even if the central chip is capable of supporting 64-bit computing, but the memory is less than 4 GB, then you can opt for the 32-bit version. There won’t be much sense in switching to 64-bit.
- Specify the type of media for recording the image: a flash drive of at least 4 GB or a DVD disc. Most portable laptops do not have a DVD drive, so there are few alternatives.
- After capturing the image, restart your laptop. If the boot from the flash drive does not start, then configure the order of devices to boot in the laptop BIOS. How to enter BIOS, read our article.
How long does it take to install Windows 10?
It all depends on the speed of your Internet connection and the storage system. The process takes place fastest on an SSD drive, and takes a maximum of 30 minutes. On older laptops with a conventional 5400 rpm HDD, you need to prepare for an hour of device unavailability during an update, or even more.
How to install Windows 10?
Windows 10 left the Technical Preview in August. Now not only enthusiasts and technicians can use it. The new operating system is better and more convenient than all previous versions of “windows”. Anyway, at the moment. However, many users are wondering “is it worth installing Windows 10 on your laptop?” The alternative for them is to stay on the previous stable version. In this article, we will reveal the benefits of using the new product from Microsoft, as well as explain in detail and step by step how to install Windows 10 on a laptop.