Open the iTunes Store app on your phone, it’s installed by default. And go to the “Sounds” section.
Interesting! To create your own ringtones, you can use the GarageBand application, you can always download it from the App Store.
For all calls
The set melody will be played on all calls, except for those contacts on which a separate.
Open iPhone settings and go to the “Sounds, tactile signals” section. Here you will see all the options for which you can set your melody, these are:
- On messages
- Answering machine
- New mail
- Calendar notifications
The volume also changes here. Open the required section to change the melody for an incoming call. this is a ringtone.
Select one of the options already available by simply clicking on it. To download additional ringtones, click on the Sound Store link.
Here you will find thousands of ready-made ringtones available for purchase. They can be sorted by genre and listened to in advance. Their price is like a cup of tea in the nearest cafe.
You can do the same with SMS, notifications and other sounds. If you have already purchased music, but do not see it in the list, then click on the link. “Download all purchased sounds”.
How to put music on a call on iPhone: set a ringtone
You can set a ringtone on the iPhone so that instead of the standard melody yours plays. you can either to a separate contact or to all incoming calls at once.
The function is very convenient and in demand among users. It is even possible to replace the signal that is played after receiving an SMS.
From the past material, you learned how easy it is to restore an iPhone. Now we will take a closer look at how to put a ringtone on an iPhone, as well as how to change it to SMS and other notifications.
For a separate contact
Open the required contact in the phone book and click on the “Edit” button in the upper right part of the screen.
Scroll down the page a little. Here you will see two options. put your own ringtone on a call or change the sound of the message. Yes, you can even change the music to SMS for each contact. Select the option you want.
Further, from the list we already know, which we examined in the first chapter. select a ringtone from the already installed ones or go to the “Sound Store” and download something interesting.
The actions will take effect immediately. Now you can always find out who is calling you on the track, which will play on your smartphone when there is an incoming call.
Now you know how to set iPhone ringtone to your ringtone. This is a really handy feature that allows you to identify the caller by the track that will play on the call.
How to put music on a call on iPhone. change to downloaded
The purchase of a prestigious smartphone and an annoying melody leads users to the question of how to put music on a call on the iPhone. There are several ways to change ringtones, if you follow the instructions correctly, the process will not cause difficulties even for beginners.
Via iBackup Viewer
The technique allows you to extract music from a backup, which was made by the user himself. The application helps to make a transfer to any smartphone, including an ID not tied to an Apple account:
- Download the iBackup Viewer utility on your personal computer.
- Launch iTunes application and connect iPhone to PC.
- in the upper left corner, click on the shortcut of the smartphone.
- In the area on the left side, open the “Overview” section.
- On the right, in the “Backups” subsection, select “This computer” and uncheck the “Encrypt iPhone backup” box.
- Click on the “Create a copy now” sub-item.
- Wait for the backup process to complete.
- Turn on iBackup Viewer and select a backup copy of the smartphone in the window that appears.
- Go to the subsection “Raw Files”.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon located at the top.
- In the search box that appears, enter “Ringtone”.
- All available compositions will be displayed on the right side. you need to select the one that needs to be transferred.
- Save on a laptop through the “Export” and “Selected” buttons.
- An explorer window will appear on the display, it indicates the folder for storing information.
Important! Similar actions can be carried out with all available compositions. The final step is adding the received music to your mobile device.
How to set ringtone on iPhone
Experts recommend using the iTools application. It refers to alternative solutions from Chinese developers and helps users to do without synchronization and iTunes utility when downloading songs. This method is considered to be simpler, but it also has its own disadvantages.
To change the ringtone, you must follow the following step-by-step scheme:
- Open the application and move to the “Music” subsection.
- Use the “Add” button to add the song you like to the list.
- Select it and press the “Make Ringtones” key. it is located in the top panel.
- In the window that appears, on the right side, the duration of the unprocessed composition will appear.
- The parameters “Start” and “End” are also set there. the total duration should not exceed 40 seconds.
- Press the “Save To Local” key. The application will offer to record the ringtone in the computer memory immediately in m4r format.
- It is necessary to find the created file on the PC and add it to the general list by ordinary drag and drop.
- Connect the device to the laptop and click on “Import To Device” (the button is in the top panel).
How to Set ANY Song as RINGTONE on iPhone (No Computer)
The advantages of using iTools, in contrast to iTunes, include the absence of the need to fiddle with extensions and the fact that there is no need to synchronize during processing.
The main disadvantages of the utility are the inability to configure editing of the meta-data of compositions and the absence of a Russian-language menu (it will not be possible to throw it through a third-party crack).
How to put music on a call on iPhone
If the device is not jailbroken, then there are three main ways to install ringtones:
- Creating a song using the iTunes utility.
- Purchase from the iTunes Store.
- Using third-party software.
Each option has its positive and negative sides.
How to put a song on iPhone as a call via iTunes
Execution goes according to the following algorithm:
- The program is launched on the device, the side window is called in it by simultaneously pressing the CTRLS keys.
- A file is selected that is suitable for a call, you need to right-click on it.
- In the menu that appears, select the “Information” section.
- From it go to the subsection “Details”, then to “Parameters”.
- In the window that appears, you can adjust the volume and select an equalizer preset.
- You need to check the boxes next to the inscriptions “Start” and “End”. the interval should not exceed 40 seconds.
- The action is confirmed by the “ok” button.
- The edited composition must be found in the library and select.
- Follow the path from “File” to “Convert” and to “Create AAC Version”. In this case, the selection from the selected music is not deselected.
- A cropped clone with a duration of 30 seconds should appear near the original composition.
- Right-click on the AAC file and select “Show in Explorer”.
- The action will open the iTunes folder, which will contain the ringtone.
- Change file format to m4r.
- In the side menu of the iTunes library, select the “Sounds” section and enter the created file into the field.
- Connect iPhone to a personal computer via a data cable, start synchronization.
- Check the box next to the “Synchronize sounds” subsection.
- Press the “Apply” button. without it, synchronization will not give the expected results.
Next, you need to set the music for the call. In iPhone, from the main menu, go to “Sounds” and “Ringtone”, select the created file (it must be the first in the queue). It can be placed both on a general call and on an individual subscriber. In the latter case, select the contact, click “Changes” and select the “Ringtone” subsection.
Important! Installation of music for a call is carried out through a personal computer running under the Windows operating system.
When moving from one smartphone to another and keeping your Apple ID account, the easiest method is to transfer all your songs by overwriting the backup. From an old phone, it is created on a personal computer. To do this, go to the main menu of the smartphone and select the account name.
In the window that appears, find the “iCloud” section, click on “Backup” and click on “Create”. Wait until the end of the procedure. Then move on to work with the next gadget. If the second device contains some information, then it must be deleted by resetting to factory settings.
After the end of the process, the initial settings window will appear on the screen. There, you sign in to your Apple ID and confirm that you want to use a previously saved backup. After starting the procedure, you need to wait for it to complete and write data on the second device.
If, in addition to self-created ringtones, there are sounds purchased through the iTunes Store, then you need to restore purchases. To do this, open the main menu and go to the “Sounds” subsection, select the “Ringtone” item. Then click on “Download all purchased”, the iPhone will start the process of restoring purchases.
Buying iPhone Ringtone on iTunes
On a mobile device, you need to launch the iTunes Store application, in it go to the “Sounds” subsection. There is a media library of finished compositions. Average
How to put a song on a ringtone iPhone (iPhone)
Putting any melody on the call is actually quite simple. To do this, you will need to have a computer and follow the step-by-step instructions below. Tracks in the “.m4r” format are installed on calls to iPhone (iPhone). You have to make the necessary file yourself and transfer it to your device.
On a computer (almost any system is suitable, for example, Mac or PC), you will need to install iTunes, and it is best to synchronize it with your iPhone (iPhone) using a cable. So, the step-by-step instructions are as follows:
We start work with iTunes. In that program, we execute the commands: “File”, and then select the item “Add file to library” from the menu. At this stage, you will need to find the previously downloaded song on your computer’s hard drive and move it to iTunes. With purchased songs in this song program, you will not be able to do the operations described below.
The ringtone should be no more than 38 seconds long, so you have to process the song. Listen to the track and select the section that will look best on the incoming call signal. It is best to write down this data so as not to be mistaken.
Click with the mouse (right button) on the song name and select the “Information” line from the menu. In the next window you will need to select the “Parameters” tab. In it, set markers in the lines “Start” and “Stop time”. Enter the start and end times of the passage you want in the cell next to it. You can even specify milliseconds, which will improve the quality of the ringtone. Nothing will happen to the file, but the system will play only part of it from now on. Then you can simply remove the markers from these lines, the song will play in full. Confirm your actions with the “Ok” button.
After this step, right-click on the song name again. In the menu you will need to find and select the item “Create version in AAC format”. After this action, an additional track with the same name, but shortened in duration will appear in the program window.
Further instructions will be for Windows. If you have a different operating system on a PC, then you need to find similar functions in it. In Windows, you need to go to the Start menu and go to Control Panel. In the window that opens, find “Folder Options” or “Folder Options”. Go to this section of computer settings, and in the “View” tab, remove the marker from the item “Hide extensions from registered files”.
Go back to iTunes (iTunes) and right-click on the shortened version of the song. In the context menu, select the “Show in Explorer” item. You can make it a little easier. drag the file to any folder, for example, the one you just created on the desktop.
In a new window you will see the highlighted file and its extension “.m4a”.
You only need to change one letter to change the spelling of the extension to “.m4r”.
Remove the shortened track from iTunes and uncheck the source file options.
Transfer the “.m4r” file to iTunes (iTunes). You will see that a new item will appear in the program. “Sounds”. It will contain the ringtone you created.
Synchronize your iPhone (iPhone) with your computer. The operation can take a long time if you have not synchronized your smartphone with a PC for a long time.
After completing this procedure, you will find the trimmed track in the “Sounds” folder. Now you can set it as a ringtone for an incoming call.
If you want to create several ringtones for yourself, then the above steps will need to be repeated for each song. It doesn’t take much time, and you can enjoy your favorite music on your phone ringing for free.
How to put a song on an iPhone ring: a trick versus copyright
Believe it or not, you can’t just pick up and put a ringtone on an iPhone. On Android, this is done in a few taps! But the fact is the fact, therefore, we provide a comprehensive instruction for today on how to put a song on the iPhone ringtone.
In addition, you can search for music by individual artist, or, conversely, view the current top charts. Songs purchased in iTunes can be set to a call using Apple’s native tools. And the in iTunes for Russia and the CIS do not really bite: one track costs about 19 rubles.
But if you listen exclusively to Nordic black metal and think that there is only pop in iTunes, or you write music yourself, or you want to put on the call exactly that bison roar that you yourself just cut from a YouTube video, no purchase will help. In this case, we give detailed instructions on how to download any ringtone to iPhone.
2 Transfer file to iPhone
The finished ringtone in the required format must be dropped onto the device. This is also not as easy as it seems. There are two ways to do this:
- Using iTunes. To do this, you need to place the created audio file in the Sounds (Ringtones) folder in iTunes and synchronize the data with the device. How to do this depends on your version of iTunes.
- If you have iTunes version below 10, just drag the file into the iTunes window by opening the Ringtones (Sounds) folder in the program. Then connect the iPhone to the computer, the device will sync and the file will be added to the iPhone.
- If you have iTunes version 10 to 12.6, the Ringtones (Sounds) folder is hidden in the program. You can open it in several ways: drag the ringtone file into the program window; press CtrlO, select a file and press OK; go to the menu Edit → Settings → General, check the Ringtones (Sounds) box and move the file to the folder that appears; right-click on the iTunes menu, select Edit Menu, check the Sounds box and drag the file to the folder that appears. If dragging and dropping does not work. copy by pressing Ctrl C / Ctrl V. Then connect the iPhone and synchronization will transfer the file to the device.
- If you have iTunes 12.7, first connect your iPhone to your computer, wait for the sync to start, and then grab the ringtone file and drag (copy by pressing Ctrl C / Ctrl V) it onto the image of your device in the Devices section.
The file will be automatically added to the iPhone.
1 Create a ringtone file
There are two rules for iPhone ringtones: they must be no more than 30 seconds long and be in a special m4r format.
There are several ways to create such a file:
Through audio trimming services such as Audiko or Ringer.org. Upload the song file there, set the duration, select the m4r download format and download the resulting ringtone to your computer. Suitable for Mac OS users.
Using audio cutting software such as iRinger. Install the program, open the audio for it, cut it, save it to m4r. Suitable for Windows users.
In order to add a new ringtone to iPhone, you need to create an audio file in m4r format with a duration of no more than 30 seconds, transfer it to your device using automatic synchronization and set it as a ringtone.
3 Set the song to the iPhone ringtone
Whichever transfer method you use, the file should end up on the iPhone in the Ringtones (Sounds) folder.
- Open iPhone Settings → Sounds → Ringtone.
- Your song will be first on the list. Click on her to make her call.
How to Ring a Song on an iPhone (iTunes 12.6 and Older)
The first step is to make certain settings. Go to “Start” → “Control Panel” → “Folder Options” (“Folder Options”), go to the “View” tab and uncheck the box next to “Hide extensions for registered file types”. This will be needed to rename the ringtone we are creating.
Open iTunes and add a song by clicking File → Add File to Library. Listen to the song and the section from it that you would like to hear as a ringtone. The maximum length of the track being played is 40 seconds.
Right-click on the song and select Details. Go to the “Parameters” tab and specify the desired start and end time of the call (the sound file itself will not be cut off). After the end of the interval selection, click “OK”.
Right click on the song of your choice and select Create AAC Version. You will see another copy of the future ringtone.
Right click on the new song and select Show in Windows Explorer. The selected file must be renamed to the m4r extension (iPhone ringtone format).
Drag the ringtone into iTunes (or add the usual “File” → “Add file to library”). it will appear in a new category “Sounds”, which will contain all ringtones.
Synchronize iPhone with computer. After the synchronization is complete, the ringtone can be found by going to “Settings” → “Sounds” → “Ringtone”.
After completing the procedure, be sure to remove the start and end times of the original melody. Just uncheck the boxes that were set in point 3.
How to put a song on a call on an iPhone?
Setting a ringtone on an iPhone is not an easy task and it is very strange. It would seem that such a friendly system as iOS should include a simple tool for this operation, but in reality this is not at all the case. However, there is a way out and today we will tell you how to install a song on your iPhone using just iTunes.
How to Ring a Song on iPhone (iTunes 12.7 and Newer) on PC
In order to be able to create and download ringtones through iTunes, one parameter of the system settings needs to be changed in Windows. Go to “Start” → “Control Panel” → “Folder Options” (“Folder Options”), go to the “View” tab and uncheck the box next to “Hide extensions for registered file types”. This will be needed to rename the ringtone we are creating.
Open iTunes and select the song you want to create a ringtone from (or add a song by clicking File → Add File to Library). Listen to the song and record the start and end times of the segment you would like to hear as a ringtone. Maximum ringtone length 40 seconds.
Advice! You can also trim a song for iPhone ringtone in an easier way, which is described in detail in this manual. If you use an alternative method, then after that you can immediately go to step 8.
Right-click on a song and select Song Info. Then go to the “Parameters” tab and specify the desired start and end time of the call (the sound file itself will not be cut off). After the end of the interval selection, click “OK”.
Note that after setting the marks of the beginning and end of your future ringtone, it is recommended to listen to the song and, if necessary, make changes to the length of the segment.
Right click on the song of your choice and select “File” → “Convert” → “Create AAC Version”.
You will see another copy of the future ringtone, the creation of which will be accompanied by a sound notification.
Right click on the new song and select “Show in Windows Explorer”.
The selected file must be renamed to the m4r extension (iPhone ringtone format).
Connect iPhone to computer using USB cable and select smartphone in iTunes window.
In the On My Device column, select the Sounds section. Drag the ringtone you created (.m4r file) to the list of ringtones available on iPhone and click “Done”.
After that, the ringtone will be available on your iPhone under “Settings” → “Sounds”. After completing the procedure, be sure to remove the start and end times of the original melody. Just uncheck the boxes that were set in point 3.
How to Ring a Song on iPhone on Mac (iTunes 12.7 and Newer)
Launch iTunes and select the song you want to make a ringtone from. Right-click on it and select “Song Details”.
In the window that opens, select the “Options” tab, check the boxes next to the “Beginning” and “End” items, specify the segment of the beginning and end of the ringtone you are creating and click “OK”. Before performing this action, of course, it is recommended to listen to the song and write down the start and end times of the segment in advance, which will become your future ringtone.
In iTunes, select File → Convert → Create AAC Version. Immediately after that, a new song will appear in your library, shortened to the specified segment.
Right click on the created song and select “Show in Finder”.
In the window that opens with your future ringtone, right-click on it, click “Rename” and change the file extension from m4a to m4r (iPhone ringtone format).
Connect iPhone to Mac with USB cable and select smartphone in iTunes window.
In the On My Device column, select the Sounds section. Drag the ringtone you created (.m4r file) to the list of ringtones available on iPhone and click “Done”.
After that, the ringtone will be available on your iPhone under “Settings” → “Sounds”. After completing the procedure, be sure to remove the start and end times of the original melody. Just uncheck the boxes that were set in point 2.
Please rate 5 stars at the bottom of the article if you like this topic. Subscribe to us Telegram. In contact with. Instagram YouTube.
How to put ringtone on iPhone?
Novice iPhone users often give up the idea of putting their own ringtone on the call, considering the procedure too troublesome and preferring the standard Marimba. However, as iPhones spread among domestic users, the use of built-in ringtones begins to cause inconvenience: when Marimba sounds in a public place, every second person reaches into his for a gadget to check if they are calling him.
The increase in demand for original ringtones has given rise to new opportunities for their creation: now you can put a song on a call not only using iTunes, but also through other software. It is important to remember two rules: the ringtone must have a special permission m4r and not exceed 40 seconds.
How to put music on a call via iTunes?
You can make a ringtone for a call via iTunes using the following algorithm:
First of all, launch iTunes and open the side menu by pressing CTRLS.
Select the track you would like to make a ringtone from and right-click on it. We will be making a ringtone from the Depeche Mode song “In Your Room”. In the menu that appears, select “Information”.
In the “Information” block, move from the “Details” section (which is selected by default) to the “Parameters” section. you will see the following window:
Here you can adjust the volume of the ringtone (for example, double the original composition) and select an equalizer preset:
The presets are the same as those available in the settings of the standard “Music” application.
Check the boxes next to “Start” and “End” and set the interval so that the duration of the ringtone does not exceed 40 seconds.
Then click the “OK” button at the bottom of the window.
Find the edited track in the list of your library and select it.
Although the library says the track is originally 4:51 minutes long, when you play it back in iTunes, you will find that the track has been trimmed to 30 seconds.
Follow the path “File”. “Convert”. “Create version to AAC” without deselecting the selected track:
A “clone” will appear next to the original song in MP3 format. a trimmed AAC track half a minute long.
Upon completion of this operation, do not forget to return through the “Parameters” the previous duration of the original track.
Right click on the AAC file and select Show in Windows Explorer:
A special iTunes folder will open, located on the computer’s C drive. the ringtone will “lie” in it:
Change the file format from m4a to m4r. This is where the complexity lies, because on many Windows 7 computers, file formats are hidden. To show the permissions, you will have to dig deeper into the computer settings. in the explorer, type “Folder Options” and go to the section found. A window like this will appear:
Go to the “View” tab and uncheck the box next to the item “Hide extensions for registered file types” (located almost at the very bottom). Click Apply and OK. After that, the format will be displayed next to the file name in the iTunes folder. changing a to r is easy:
The final chord remains: in the side menu of the iTunes library, select the “Sounds” section and enter the melody in m4r format in the field that appears:
Connect iPhone to PC via USB cable and start sync. An important point: after connecting the gadget to your computer, click on the device icon in the top panel of iTunes and select the “Sounds” section in the left panel:
Check the box next to “Sync sounds” and click the “Apply” button below. If this operation is not performed, synchronization will be ineffective, no matter how much you do it.
Next, setting the music to the call is a matter of technology: on the iPhone, go along the “Settings” “Sounds” “Ringtone” path and select a new ringtone (it will be the first in the line). A new call can be set not only for a general call, but also for a specific subscriber. for this you need to find a suitable contact, click “Change” and select “Ringtone”.
How to put ringtone on iPhone via iTools?
iTools is an alternative software solution from Chinese manufacturers that allows Apple users to download music without syncing and iTunes in general. Creating and putting a ringtone through iTools is incomparably easier than through iTunes, however, this method has its drawbacks.
When creating ringtone on iPhone using iTools, follow the instructions:
Open iTools and navigate to the “Music” section:
Use the “Add” button to add the composition to the list:
Highlight a song in the list and click the “Make Ringtones” button located in the top panel. A window like this will appear:
On the right you will see the duration of the unprocessed track. the composition from the example is 5 minutes 23 seconds. Set the parameters “Start” and “End” so that the duration does not exceed 40 seconds.
Click the “Save To Local” button, and the program will offer to save the ringtone to the computer memory immediately in m4r format:
Find the created ringtone on your computer and add it to the list with a simple drag and drop:
Connect the gadget to your computer and click the “Import To Device” button in the top panel of the program. This will add the ringtone to the device memory.
In terms of creating ringtones, iTools has a number of advantages over iTunes: firstly, the user of Chinese software does not need to fool himself with extensions, and secondly, he does not need to synchronize. However, the iTools program also has drawbacks: it is not Russified and does not give the user the ability to edit the meta-data of the compositions.
You can place a call on the iPhone without using a PC at all. there are several special applications for creating ringtones in the AppStore, such as Ringtone and iTrax. You can read about the pros and cons of these and other programs for trimming music here.
Program for quickly changing ringtones on iPhone
One of the programs that allows you to quickly drag any file to your Apple device is Waltr. It can be installed on computers and laptops, as well as other portable devices that run on Windows and MacOS. Very easy to use application.
Just install the software on your gadget, connect the Iphone, wait until the program detects the device and you can drag and drop any file. In the case of a ringtone track, do not forget that it should be no more than 30-40 seconds.
ITools app from Chinese developers
It’s no surprise that Chinese developers have tried to create a product that is no worse than iTunes. This is how the iTools application appeared, which in terms of functionality is not inferior to the original. In addition, some users claim that this program is more intuitive to use.
It is very easy to use the program to create a ringtone and download on iPhone: upload the desired audio file to the “Music”. “System Sounds” category when the gadget is connected. Synchronization occurs automatically and in minutes, the track will be on your device.
Download ringtone to iPhone via GarageBand app
A convenient application that does not require the use of other gadgets besides your device. You can download and install the application using the App Store, besides, it is free.
Its functions include the ability to process any file and set it as a ringtone for an Iphone call. You can download the track for the future ringtone for free or use the existing ones on your device.
How to put your own ringtone on iPhone with MobiMover
MobiMover is an alternative to the desktop version of iTunes. Works adequately during installation, both on computers and laptops with Windows OS and MacOs. Designed to exchange files between computer devices and iPhone. In the application, you can process media files, crop to the desired size, drag and drop to Iphone.
How to set ringtone on iPhone via iTunes
The easiest way to create a ringtone, as well as put a song on an Iphone call, is using the iTunes program. To do this, the software must be preinstalled on your computer or laptop. Depending on the version of iTunes, the process of creating and installing a ringtone on the gadget will be different. Let’s consider both options for outdated and new software:
- Install the program on your computer device. In iTunes 12, before you start creating a ringtone on the Iphone, you first need to make sure that the checkbox next to the line “Process music and video manually” is checked. You can find this field by opening the program and selecting the category “Browse”.
- Drag the media file or media files from which you will “cut” the ringtone to the library. To do this, go to the “File” tab, and then to the “Add file to the library” category.
- Now you need to right-click on a specific music track to use on the call.
- Select “Information” or “Details” in iTunes 10.
- In the window that appears, and more specifically in the top panel, click the “Options” category.
- Now a window should appear on your screen with the ability to select the time segment of the song being played. Ringtone on iPhone should not exceed the time size of more than 30-40 seconds, so you must decide in advance on a piece of music composition and choose the best playback section during a call. But, as stated above, it should not be longer than 30-40 seconds.
- Now in the window with the ability to select a time interval, you need to put a tick next to the word “Start” and write the start time of the composition. Do the same with the “Stop” category. check the box and write down the end time of the musical segment.
- Save your changes.
- After that, you need to click again with the right mouse button on the selected composition and select the line “Convert to AAC format”. In newer versions of iTunes, you must first select the line to convert, another small menu will open, where you need to select “Convert to AAC”
- After this action, your 30 second piece of music will appear in the list of media files. It also needs to be right-clicked and selected to show in “Finder” or “Windows Explorer”. A window will open where the file we need is located, but in a different format. m4a, and you need the m4ar format. The new version of iTunes will offer you the option to show the track in the “Finder” for MacOs or show it through Windows Explorer.
- To change the file format, you need to go to the “Control Panel” in the Windows OS through the “Start” menu. Next, find the line “Folder options”, and in the top panel of the window that opens, select the “View” category. Closer to the bottom, find the line “Hide extensions for registered file types” and uncheck it. Then save the changes.
- Now you can start renaming the file type m4a to m4ar. To do this, right-click on the file, select the “Rename” line and the desired file format.
- Drag the m4ar media file with the future ringtone to any place convenient for you on your computer.
- Finally, we start solving the question of how to install a ringtone on an iPhone via iTunes. This process depends on the version of iTunes installed:
- For version 10 and below. Connect your iPhone to your computer. Now drag and drop your ringtone into the iTunes folder called “Ringtone” located under the “Sounds” section. Now put a tick in front of “Synchronize ringtones”, confirm your actions using the active “Apply” button. After the synchronization process, already in the gadget itself, go to the Sounds / Ringtones category and set the track you created instead of the standard call sound.
- In iTunes 10 through 12.6, the Sounds folder is hidden, so you have to dig a little. There are several ways to make a folder visible. For example, right-click on the iTunes menu and select the “Edit Menu” category, and then check the box next to the “Sounds” item, and transfer your media file to the folder that appears.
You can also open the hidden folder “Sounds” if you go to iTunes in the directory “Edit-Settings-General” and check the box next to “Sounds”. If the track cannot be dragged into the appeared folder as standard, and copying via the mouse does not work, then try copying and pasting the music file using the keyboard shortcuts: “CtrV” / “CtrC”. Now connect your iPhone, sync and transfer the file to your gadget.
- In iTunes 12.7, you must first connect the Iphone, as soon as the synchronization process starts, drag the file with the track to the device section and the iPhone subcategory, or copy the “CtrV” / “CtrC” keyboard shortcut into the same category. Now grab your gadget, go to Settings-Sounds-Ringtone and make your track your iPhone ringtone.
There is nothing difficult in installing a new ringtone on a gadget from Apple, although, of course, you have to tinker. Perhaps it can be done faster with the help of third-party programs.
Where to Find MP3 Song for Ringtone?
Type in a Google search query like: download (artist and song name) MP3. In most cases, a search engine will be able to help you find the desired MP3 track.
How to make and install a ringtone (ringtone) on any iPhone without a computer right on the device?
Adding your own ringtones to iPhone is no easy task. In the latest Apple operating systems, the hint of the possible addition of custom ringtones has disappeared altogether. However, in this manual we will tell you how to fix this misunderstanding by adding absolutely any current iPhone a melody that can be used as a ringtone for an incoming call. over, without using a computer.
How to set ringtone on iPhone with iOS 13 (and newer) without a computer
Open the Safari browser and go to the site where you can download the song for the future ringtone in MP3 format.
Click on the button (link) to download the MP3 file.
In the window that appears, click Download. If the download has started, an icon will appear in the upper right corner (an arrow in a circle).
Open the iOS Download Manager icon (arrow in a circle) in the upper right corner and make sure the file is downloaded. If desired, click on it to listen.
Note: For a more convenient alternative to download MP3 tracks from your computer, you can use the web version of iCloud Drive. To do this, follow the link on your computer, enter your Apple ID information and upload the necessary songs to the Apple cloud service (for further steps, see the instructions below)
Download GarageBand, a music app produced by Apple itself (present on many iPhones and iPads by default).
Launch GarageBand. With this application, we will convert the downloaded melody into a ringtone and it will automatically be displayed in the “Sounds, tactile signals” section on the iPhone.
If you’ve already created projects in GarageBand before, click the plus sign in the upper right corner to create a new one. If this is your first time opening the app, please skip this step.
Select the “Audio Recorder” template in the “Tracks” tab
Click on the loop icon.
Click on the button “View objects from the program” Files “” in the tab “Files”.
The loaded melody will be in the “Recent” tab. But you can also find it through the “Browse” by opening the “Downloads” folder. Select the downloaded file.
Press and hold the file and then move it to the very beginning on the timeline.
Click on the checkmark and click on the “My Songs” menu that appears.
Press and hold your finger on the received file (usually named “My Song”) until the context menu appears. Click “Share”.
Change the name of the ringtone and click Export.
During the export process, the message “Use sound as” will appear. Click on it.
Please indicate how to use the created ringtone:
- Standard ringtone. the created ringtone will be used as a melody for all incoming calls.
- Standard message sound. the created ringtone will be used as a melody for all incoming messages (iMessage and SMS).
- Assign to contact. if you select this option, the created ringtone can be assigned as a ringtone for incoming calls for a specific contact.
- Done. the created ringtone will be loaded into iOS Settings along the path: Sounds, tactile signals → Ringtone and will become available for selection.
We talked about how to create ringtones for iPhone using a computer in this article.
However, the method of creating and setting ringtone on iPhone described in this article allows you to use any file in MP3 format. This makes it much easier to create ringtones or sound alert files for Apple smartphones.
How to Delete Ringtones from iPhone?
Launch the Settings app on iPhone.
Go to the Sounds, Tactile Signals section and select the Ringtone menu.
Swipe from left to right on the ringtone you want to delete. Click the Delete button.