Configuring sound options
Having completed the installation of melodies in any of the described ways, we will consider several useful options that will come in handy when working with sound events.
Using the instructions given in this material, you can independently set and configure the settings for using ringtones. If desired, the notification scheme can be completely changed by choosing comfortable sounds and giving the smartphone an additional element of individuality.
- Inside we see a group “Sounds and vibration patterns” in which all types of notifications are configured. The screenshot shows the most commonly used ringtone control unit.
- The list of available tunes begins with those purchased or installed by the user himself through iTunes. The default sound for incoming calls is indicated by a blue check mark in front of the track name. To change the ringtone, just tap on the one that we are going to use in the future. The smartphone will play the selected melody making it possible to evaluate the sound volume. The number “2” in the screenshot shows an area that allows you to do without synchronization with a PC when switching to a new device. By clicking on the interactive link, we automatically download all ringtones previously purchased from the iTunes Store to your iPhone. Of course, this method will work only if they were purchased under the same Apple ID account.
The described principle is suitable for changing the melody of an incoming SMS, notifications of new mail and others contained in the general list. The only limitation in this case is again the length of the piece of music. If a ringtone for a call can have a duration of 30 seconds, then for other notifications it should be 29 seconds or less. Otherwise, the melody will not be displayed in the list of available for use in this type of notification.
Purchase from the iTunes Store
The most affordable option allows you to do without a computer and any third-party applications. Apple has provided an opportunity for users to buy ready-made ringtones from a large and regularly updated collection.
- At the bottom of the screen, switch to the “Sounds” section. Above is a menu marked with a “2”, which simplifies the search process. By default, ready-made selections open, in which ringtones are collected by groups.
- Switching the view to “Top charts” we get the sorting of sounds by popularity, calculated based on the number of downloads made by users. Choosing the melody you like.
- Before downloading the ringtone, the system will offer to set its purpose in a pop-up window. If you use the button marked in the screenshot, the sound will simply be downloaded to the device. You can manually set it as a default ringtone or to indicate a call from a specific contact.
- The last step involves paying for the purchase using the Touch ID fingerprint sensor. If for some reason it is not configured, you will have to do it the old fashioned way by entering the password from your Apple account.
How to set a ringtone on iPhone 7
The set of ringtones included with iOS, Apple’s mobile operating system, remains largely unchanged. By purchasing a new iPhone model, the user receives a familiar notification pattern. Some have been using standard sounds for years without any discomfort. At the same time, many users are interested in the question of how to set a ringtone on an iPhone 7, 8 or X. In this article, we will give several ways to change the sound of an incoming call or message and make your phone more individual.
Trim Song in iTunes
The free option of setting up a call involves making it yourself in iTunes. Here, the user’s imagination is limited to only one factor. The total duration of the fragment selected for making the ringtone should not exceed 30 seconds. In this case, you can use almost any track in mp3 format that is available in your music collection.
- Open the selected song using iTunes. We call the context menu by clicking on the ellipsis, which appears at the place of the duration of the composition when you hover over it with the mouse pointers. We select the item “Information”, indicated in the screenshot by the number “2”.
- In the additional window that opens, go to the “Parameters” tab. Select the desired fragment from which we will create a call and set its boundaries using the checkboxes indicated by the arrow. You can determine the beginning and end of a track with an accuracy of hundredths of a second. After completing all operations, it is imperative to return to this point in order to remove the set boundaries. Otherwise, the music composition will not be played in full, but with a time-stamped passage.
- In the top control menu, select the “File” item. We go down it to the “Conversion” section. Expanding the nested menu, select the creation of a version in AAC format. The need to perform this operation is due to the fact that Apple uses the MP codec in its devices
- Returning in the main window of the program to the composition selected for work below the original, we will find a second file with a given duration. As described above, we call the context menu for the created track segment. We pass in it to the point marked with a frame. In Windows it is called “Show in Explorer”.
- A folder with two files will open in the system file manager window. The original composition in mp3 format and the fragment we created with the extension m4a. Select the latter and right-click to call the standard context menu for managing parameters for it.
- From the general list, select the item “Rename”.
- We change the extension m4a to the one that is standardly used in the “apple” technique for m4r ringtones by rewriting the last letter in it. The system will ask you to perform the specified operation. We confirm it by pressing the button indicated in the screenshot.
- Switch iTunes to manage mobile devices using the icon marked with an arrow. In the drop-down list, select your iPhone 7 or 7 Plus.
- In the navigation area, open the “Overview” item. We put a tick in the place indicated by the arrow. When Apple Music is enabled, this parameter has the value shown in the screenshot. If the branded streaming service on the smartphone is not activated, it is called “Manually process music and video”. Finish the configuration by clicking the “Apply” button.
- We return to the navigation area and switch to the “Sounds” section. From the file manager window, drag into the area marked with the number “2” the segment of the song with the m4r extension, which we want to use as a ringtone. The cable connection is optional during the described operations. When syncing with a computer via Wi-Fi is configured, the smartphone just needs to be in the range. To download the ringtone to the device, press the button indicated by the number “3”.
For a separate contact
Open the required contact in the phone book and click on the “Edit” button in the upper right part of the screen.
Scroll down the page a little. Here you will see two options. put your own ringtone on a call or change the sound of the message. Yes, you can even change the music to SMS for each contact. Select the option you want.
Further, from the list we already know, which we examined in the first chapter. select a ringtone from the already installed ones or go to the “Sound Store” and download something interesting.
The actions will take effect immediately. Now you can always find out who is calling you on the track, which will play on your smartphone when there is an incoming call.
How to put music on a call on iPhone: set a ringtone
You can set a ringtone on the iPhone so that instead of the standard melody yours plays. you can either to a separate contact or to all incoming calls at once.
The function is very convenient and in demand among users. It is even possible to replace the signal that is played after receiving an SMS.
From the past material, you learned how to easily restore an iPhone. Now we will take a closer look at how to put a ringtone on an iPhone, as well as how to change it to SMS and other notifications.
For all calls
The set melody will be played on all calls, except for those contacts on which a separate.
Open iPhone settings and go to the “Sounds, tactile signals” section. Here you will see all the options for which you can set your melody, these are:
- On messages
- Answering machine
- New mail
- Calendar notifications
The volume also changes here. Open the required section to change the melody for an incoming call. this is a ringtone.
Select one of the options already available by simply clicking on it. To download additional ringtones, click on the Sound Store link.
Here you will find thousands of ready-made ringtones available for purchase. They can be sorted by genre and listened to in advance. Their price is like a cup of tea in the nearest cafe.
You can do the same with SMS, notifications and other sounds. If you have already purchased music, but do not see it in the list, then click on the link. “Download all purchased sounds”.
How to put ringtone on iPhone
Open the iTunes Store app on your phone, it’s installed by default. And go to the “Sounds” section.
Interesting! To create your own ringtones, you can use the GarageBand application, you can always download it from the App Store.
Now you know how to set iPhone ringtone to your own ringtone. This is a really handy feature that allows you to identify the caller by track, which will play on the call.
How to put a song on an iPhone ring: a trick versus copyright
Believe it or not, you can’t just pick up and put a ringtone on an iPhone. On Android, it takes just a few taps! But the fact is the fact, therefore, we provide a comprehensive instruction for today on how to put a song on the iPhone ringtone.
In addition, you can search for music by individual artist, or, conversely, view the current top charts. Songs purchased in iTunes can be set to a call using Apple’s native tools. And the in iTunes for Russia and the CIS do not really bite: one track costs about 19 rubles.
Make Ringtone For iPhone Using GarageBand. 2020 [Easy Method!]
But if you listen exclusively to Nordic black metal and think that there is only pop in iTunes, or you write music yourself, or you want to put on the call exactly that bison roar that you yourself just cut from a YouTube video, no purchase will help. In this case, we give detailed instructions on how to download any ringtone to iPhone.
Transferring the file to iPhone
The finished ringtone in the required format must be dropped onto the device. This is also not as easy as it seems. There are two ways to do this:
- Using iTunes. To do this, you need to place the created audio file in the Sounds (Ringtones) folder in iTunes and synchronize the data with the device. How to do this depends on your version of iTunes.
- If you have iTunes version below 10, just drag the file into the iTunes window by opening the Ringtones (Sounds) folder in the program. Then connect your iPhone to your computer, the device will sync and the file will be added to the iPhone.
- If you have iTunes version 10 to 12.6, the Ringtones (Sounds) folder is hidden in the program. You can open it in several ways: drag the ringtone file into the program window; press CtrlO, select a file and press OK; go to the menu Edit → Settings → General, check the Ringtones (Sounds) box and move the file to the folder that appears; right-click on the iTunes menu, select Edit Menu, check the Sounds box and drag the file to the folder that appears. If dragging and dropping does not work. copy by pressing Ctrl C / Ctrl V. Then connect the iPhone and synchronization will transfer the file to the device.
- If you have iTunes 12.7, first connect your iPhone to your computer, wait for the sync to start, and then grab the ringtone file and drag (copy by pressing Ctrl C / Ctrl V) it onto the image of your device in the Devices section.
The file will be automatically added to the iPhone.
Create a ringtone file
There are two rules for iPhone ringtones: they must be no more than 30 seconds long and in a special m4r format.
There are several ways to create such a file:
Through audio trimming services such as Audiko or Ringer.org. Upload the song file there, set the duration, select the m4r download format and download the resulting ringtone to your computer. Suitable for Mac OS users.
Using audio cutting software such as iRinger. Install the program, open the audio for it, cut it, save it to m4r. Suitable for Windows users.
In order to add a new ringtone to iPhone, you need to create an audio file in m4r format with a duration of no more than 30 seconds, transfer it to your device using automatic synchronization and set it as a ringtone.
Installing a song on an iPhone ringtone
Whichever transfer method you use, the file should end up on the iPhone in the Ringtones (Sounds) folder.
- Open iPhone Settings → Sounds → Ringtone.
- Your song will be first on the list. Click on her to make her call.
Make Ringtone on iPhone without iTunes
Instructions on how to make a ringtone on iPhone without iTunes, that is, without a computer:
Download the GarageBand app on the iPhone from the App Store. It costs 279 rubles, but at the same time it has a Russian-language interface and a huge number of functions.
This is how we made ringtone on iPhone without iTunes and computer.
How to put ringtone on iPhone without iTunes and computer
Despite the fact that the mobile apple operating system has changed significantly over the past few years, some features of iOS have remained from the first versions. For example, Apple has not yet added to the operating system a convenient and simple way by which users could easily and easily make and install their own ringtone on the iPhone. In this article, we will look at one of the ways to create a ringtone for iPhone. And you don’t even need a computer for this.
There are four main ways to create a new iPhone ringtone:
- Using iTunes
- Using third-party utilities for OS X or Windows,
- Using web services
- Using iOS apps
However, in all of the above methods, syncing with iTunes is required to put a ringtone on the iPhone. All about it here.
How to set a new ringtone
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Click Sounds.
- In the next window “Ringtone”.
- A list of ringtones installed on your phone will appear. The one you create will be the very first. Click on it, a check mark will appear on the right. Thus, you have changed the call on the iPhone, setting your melody instead of “Marimba”.
Click on the button (link) to download the MP3 file.
In the window that appears, click Download. If the download has started, an icon will appear in the upper right corner (an arrow in a circle).
Open the iOS Download Manager icon (arrow in a circle) in the upper right corner and make sure the file is downloaded. If desired, click on it to listen.
Note: For a more convenient alternative to download MP3 tracks from your computer, you can use the web version of iCloud Drive. To do this, follow the link on your computer, enter your Apple ID information and upload the necessary songs to the Apple cloud service (for further steps, see the instructions below)
Download GarageBand, a music app produced by Apple itself (present on many iPhones and iPads by default).
Launch GarageBand. With this application, we will convert the downloaded melody into a ringtone and it will automatically be displayed in the “Sounds, tactile signals” section on the iPhone.
If you’ve already created projects in GarageBand before, click the plus sign in the upper right corner to create a new one. If this is your first time opening the app, please skip this step.
Select the “Audio Recorder” template in the “Tracks” tab
Click on the loop icon.
Click on the button “View objects from the program” Files “in the tab” Files “.
The loaded melody will be in the “Recent” tab. But you can also find it through the “Browse” by opening the “Downloads” folder. Select the downloaded file.
Press and hold the file and then move it to the very beginning on the timeline.
Click on the checkmark and click on the “My Songs” menu that appears.
Press and hold your finger on the received file (usually named “My Song”) until the context menu appears. Click “Share”.
Change the name of the ringtone and click Export.
During the export process, the message “Use sound as” will appear. Click on it.
Please indicate how to use the created ringtone:
- Standard ringtone. the created ringtone will be used as a melody for all incoming calls.
- Standard message sound. the created ringtone will be used as a melody for all incoming messages (iMessage and SMS).
- Assign to contact. if you select this option, the created ringtone can be assigned as a ringtone for incoming calls for a specific contact.
- Done. the created ringtone will be loaded into iOS Settings along the path: Sounds, tactile signals → Ringtone and will become available for selection.
We talked about how to create ringtones for iPhone using a computer in this article.
How to make and install a ringtone (ringtone) on any iPhone without a computer right on the device?
Adding your own ringtones to iPhone is no easy task. In the latest Apple operating systems, the hint of the possible addition of custom ringtones has disappeared altogether. However, in this manual we will tell you how to correct this misunderstanding by adding absolutely to any current iPhone a melody that can be used as a ringtone for an incoming call. over, without using a computer.
In what format are ringtones (melodies) for iPhone used??
To store ringtones in the iPhone, Apple uses a proprietary format called M4R, which is identical to the AAC or M4A formats (the only difference is in the name).
However, the method of creating and setting ringtone on iPhone described in this article allows you to use any file in MP3 format. This makes it much easier to create ringtones or sound alert files for Apple smartphones.
Where to Find MP3 Song for Ringtone?
Type in a Google search query like: download (artist and song name) MP3. In most cases, a search engine will be able to help you find the desired MP3 track.
Mad Ringtones is a free and no registration service for making music a ringtone. The main distinguishing feature of the service is that it can download files not only from a computer, but also directly from YouTube. It is enough just to copy the necessary link into a special window.
Ringtone creation with Mad Ringtones:
- you need to go to the website www.madringtones.org/;
- then you need to click on the “Editfrom Local” tab, and then click on “Browse” to select the desired track;
Make Own Ringtone
Free online service for creating ringtones for iPhone. The main distinguishing feature of this service is that it allows you to change the level of ringtone quality. The service also offers its users to apply various filters to the finished melody.
The process of making a ringtone with Make Own Ringtone:
- you need to go to the Make Own Ringtone website http://makeownringtone.com/;
- then you need to click on the “Browsea File” tab and wait for the file to load;
Online services overview
To create a ringtone on the iPhone, you can use special software or online services. To date, online services have won the greatest popularity among iPhone users. Further there will be a detailed overview of the best services that will help you make ringtone on iPhone without iTunes.
How to make ringtone on iPhone
While using the iPhone, many users may notice a slight inconvenience. setting a ringtone. On a smartphone, there is no way to assign absolutely any mp3 file as a call. First, let’s figure out what a ringtone is.
The ringtone is an ordinary mp3 file with a time limit of approximately 40 seconds and converted to ACC format. Thus, it turns out that to create a ringtone, you need to take an mp3 file, limit it in time and convert it to the desired format.
How to Make iPhone Ringtone in iTunes
You can create a ringtone not only using online services, but also using iTunes. It is enough to have a computer based on Windows or MacOS at hand and iTunes installed. Next, let’s take a closer look at how to create an iPhone ringtone in iTunes.
Smart Mp3 Splitter
Smart Mp3 Splitter is a free online service that allows you to create iPhone ringtone in three easy steps. The user is required to download an mp3 file, select the desired part of the track and cut it, and then download the finished ringtone. Also, the service does not require registration from users.
Low internet speed! Why? Answer further.
Ringtone creation with Smart Mp3 Splitter:
- first, you need to follow the link to get to the Smart Mp3 Splitter website http://smartmp3.net/
- then you need to click on the “Upload” tab and select the desired mp3 file;
- then with the help of markers it is necessary to mark the cut out part of the track;
- after the actions taken, you need to click on the icon with the image of a floppy disk to save the ringtone and then load it.
The process of creating a ringtone in iTunes is as follows:
if itunes is not installed on your computer, you need to download it by following this link http://www.Apple.com/ru/iTunes/. Going to the program page, you must click on the “Download iTunes” tab and the download process will begin. After the program has loaded, it must be installed;
Important! Ringtone duration on iPhone must not exceed 40 seconds.
On the duplicate, you need to right-click and select “Show in Explorer” from the drop-down list, after which the folder with this file will open.
Important! The file initially has the extension “m4a”, so you need to rename it to “m4r”
How to create a ringtone with iTunes
The program provides the ability to edit any audio composition from the library, as well as set it as a ringtone for iPhone for an incoming call or message. It is actually very easy to work with the mentioned program. To make a ringtone through the popular iTunes program, you must follow these steps sequentially:
- First, you need to run iTunes using a computer or laptop.
- Then you need to select a musical composition from the program library.
- After that, you need to right-click on the song and click on the “Details” item. Among the window that opens, go to the “Parameters” tab, and then put a checkmark in front of the “Start” and “End” lines. The length of the composition should not exceed 30 seconds. Having picked up the segment, you need to click “OK”.
How to create and install ringtone on iPhone?
Today, the most popular smartphone is the iPhone, in various versions and configurations. Every day hundreds of users become happy owners of new iPhones. But not all subscribers are able to make the most of the capabilities of this device. One of the questions that owners of such a gadget are often interested in is the question of how to create a ringtone for the iPhone, as well as how to install it instead of the usual melody. There are several solutions to this problem, but the most popular, convenient, and also simply a method involving the use of the iTunes media center.
Installing a ringtone on iPhone
The next step is to install a ready-made ringtone on your phone. This requires:
- Return to the program in whose library you want to delete the short file you created earlier. When uninstalling, the program will provide two paths for such a file, you need to select “Leave on the computer”.
- The next step is to go to Finder / Explorer, where you need to double-click on the music composition in the m4r format.
- As a result of such actions, the track through the phone will be added to the program’s library.
- Then you need to connect the iPhone to iTunes, click on it in the top menu, and then you need to go to the “Sounds” item. After that, you need to mark the item “Synchronize sounds” and click on it, as a result of which the composition will be on the iPhone.
- After the synchronization is completely finished, you need to turn on the phone, and then open the gadget’s settings. Go to the “Sounds” tab, and then visit the “Ringtone”, where you need to check the box next to the new audio composition. This will install the ringtone on your phone.
If you do everything as carefully, consistently and clearly as possible, the installation of the ringtone through iTunes will end with a successful ending. There is nothing difficult in this, the subscriber will only need basic skills and abilities to operate a mobile device and the program in question.
How to Set ANY Song as RINGTONE on iPhone (No Computer)
Create a ringtone right on your iPhone
How to make ringtone on iPhone via iPhone without using iTunes computer? There are not many ways, but there are still several options. To perform this operation, you will need special applications that can be downloaded for free.
Create a ringtone in the app
Finding an app to create or download ringtones in the App Store is not a problem. The problem is that using them is inconvenient: you can cut a track or download a ready-made melody, but it will not appear in the “Sounds” section. Accordingly, you won’t be able to install it on the call either.
In order for a created or downloaded melody to become available for installation on a call, you need to know how to make a ringtone on iPhone through iTunes. But that’s not all: the piece of music will first have to be transferred to a computer, and only then loaded back.
- Launch iTunes and connect iPhone to computer.
- Click on the icon of the connected device in iTunes.
- Select the “Programs” tab.
- Scroll down the menu to the “Shared Files” section.
- Select the app you used to create or download the ringtone.
- Select a melody and click “Save to”. Specify the save location on your computer.
Now you have an M4R track on your computer that needs to be transferred back to iTunes, this time in the Sounds section. It turns out to be a double job. In this case, it’s easier to figure out how to make your own ringtone on iPhone through iTunes. you still have to connect to your computer to transfer the melody to the “Sounds” section.
First, let’s figure out how to make a ringtone on iPhone using the GarageBand app. This is perhaps one of the easiest ways to create ringtones right on your phone. The main thing is that it does not require money. To create a ringtone, you need a DRM-free track, that is, it must be moved to the device’s memory, and not purchased from the iTunes Store.
Found a suitable track and upload it to your smartphone? Let’s see how you can make iPhone ringtone via iPhone.
- Launch GarageBand. Click on the plus sign to create a new project.
- Choose any tool to get started with the application.
- Switch to track mode by clicking on the button in the upper left corner.
- Go to the section menu by clicking on the plus in the upper right corner.
- Click on Section A to increase the number of measures. Set the value to 60 and tap “Done”.
- Click on the loop icon.
- Switch to the “Music” tab and select the track from which you want to make a ringtone. Grab it with your finger and drag it to a separate track.
- Select the desired section by reducing the composition from the beginning and the end. Move it to the zero mark on the track. The snippet must be no longer than 30 seconds, otherwise GarageBand will trim it itself.
- Go to the section “My songs”.
- Press and hold the track until an additional menu appears. Select “Share” in it.
- Click on the “Ringtone” item and select export.
After the export is complete, the melody can be placed on a standard ringtone or message signal, as well as assigned to a separate contact. It’s more convenient not to think of it: all actions are performed on the phone within a few minutes, if the desired song is already stored in the device’s memory. The only limitation is that the operation cannot be performed on tracks downloaded from the iTunes Store. Otherwise, the method is absolutely universal.
Using a computer
If you are, in principle, ready to use iTunes to transfer music and sounds, but want to know how to quickly make a ringtone on an iPhone via a computer, then the MP3Cut online service will help you. Its main advantage is the automatic saving of the track in the required M4R format. After downloading, all that remains is to upload the file to iTunes and synchronize.
- Go to the MP3Cut website.
- Click Open File. Select an MP3 music track through Explorer.
- By moving the sliders, set the beginning and end of the fragment, which will later become a ringtone. No longer than 30 seconds.
- Select the “Ringtone on iPhone” option and click “Trim”.
- After trimming and converting, click “Download” to save the ringtone on your computer.
Done, you have a track that is suitable for setting as a ringtone on an iPhone. It remains to upload it to the phone memory via iTunes. There is nothing complicated here:
- Connect iPhone, launch iTunes.
- Click on the icon of the connected smartphone.
- Drag the downloaded M4R file to iTunes and release over your device.
Done, the ringtone will appear in the “Sounds” section. To set it to a call, just go to the iOS settings and check the box next to the new melody.
Create a ringtone in iTunes
You don’t need an Apple ID to make ringtones for iPhone. Even if you just bought a phone and haven’t created an ID yet, the ringtone can be transferred. Therefore, the main condition is to have iTunes installed on the computer. Download the latest version of the program from the official Apple website so that you don’t have any problems when working with phones. Also, make sure that “Manually process music and videos” is checked in the options.
Before making your iPhone call via iTunes, please prepare an MP3 music file. You can immediately cut it as a ringtone using our service, or specify the duration of the recording a little later, when adding it to the iTunes library.
- Open the program, go to the “Music” section.
- In the left menu, highlight the “Songs” item. If there is no side menu, press CtrlS or expand the View menu and click Show Side Menu.
- Find the MP3 song you want to make a ringtone from on your computer and drag it to your iTunes library window.
If you have not trimmed the song beforehand, then perform this operation directly in iTunes. The program will not allow you to transfer the full track to your phone as a ringtone. The optimal duration is 30 seconds. To crop a composition:
- Right click on the MP3 file.
- Select “Details”.
- Go to the “Options” tab.
- Set the start and end of the line.
Now we need to solve another problem. iPhone does not recognize MP3 files as ringtones. In order for the melody to be put on a call, you need to convert it to AAC.
- Select the downloaded music file with the mouse.
- Expand the File menu in iTunes.
- Select the “Convert” section and click “Create AAC Version”.
After the conversion process is complete, a second file will appear in your library. To avoid looking for its location on your computer, right-click on it and select Show in Explorer (Show in Finder for Mac OS users).
The new file will have an m4a extension. To complete the creation of the ringtone, you need to change the extension to m4r. If the extension does not appear on Windows, follow these steps:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Select the “File Explorer Options”.
- Go to the “View” tab.
- Uncheck “Hide extensions”.
After completing this procedure, the extension will be indicated in the name of each file, so that you can easily make m4r instead of m4a.
Create Ringtone on iPhone via iTunes
How to make ringtone on iPhone via iTunes to replace the default ringtone? Even if you knew how to do it before, after the release of the next version of iTunes, the order has changed, so you will have to study it again.
If you are limited in time, you can use our free iPhone ringtone maker here.
Setting a ringtone
We figured out how to make our own ringtone on iPhone through iTunes, it remains to figure out how to transfer it to your phone and set it as a ringtone. There should be no problems with moving the file: just take it with the mouse and drag it to the iTunes window. If the program has a section “Sounds”, go to it. Inside you should see the added ringtone file.
If there is no file in the “Sounds” section, then try deleting the track in MP3 by selecting the “Keep file” mode. Another reason why the ringtone does not appear may be problems in the original MP3 file from which you were converting. Try to repeat the operation with other songs, or use other services other than iTunes to convert.
If the ringtone appears in the Sounds section, connect your iPhone to your computer and sync:
- Click on the iPhone icon that appears in iTunes.
- In the left sidebar, select the “Sounds” section.
- Check the box “Synchronize”.
- Add all or only selected sounds.
- Click Apply or Sync.
Once syncing is complete, you will find the file under Sounds in your iOS settings. Check it to set to call.
If there is no Sounds section in iTunes, then the transfer order will change slightly. You will first need to connect the iPhone, and then drag the track to the phone in the “Devices” section or to the “On my device” subsection after clicking on the smartphone icon in iTunes.
As you can see, the procedure is not easy, and the order is changing with the release of new versions of iTunes. For example, if in version 12.6 it was still possible to edit the menu and add the “Sounds” section, then in iTunes 12.7 this option is no longer there. Therefore, many users abandon the standard program in favor of iTools and iFunBox. It is much easier and more convenient to transfer ringtones through these applications: there is no need for synchronization, and the file is constantly in sight. Cut the song in advance, convert it and drop it into the file manager with the iPhone connected. iTunes cannot offer such simplicity.