MIUI 10 Global. overview
On May 31, there was an official presentation from Xiaomi, at which they showed the world a new flagship, a third generation smart bracelet and a bunch of other interesting things, including the updated MIUI 10 operating system. artificial intelligence, notifications and most importantly. slightly redesigned design. If you want to know more about the innovations of this operating system, we recommend that you first read the article in which we talked in detail about the update, so that you decide for yourself. is it worth updating or not? But if you are the owner of a new smartphone Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, then of course we recommend trying out the new OS. In this article we will tell you how to install it, what’s new and, in general, we will answer many user questions.
MIUI 10 Redmi Note 5.General work experience
Before moving on to the technical part and questions, you first need to talk about how MIUI 10 works on a new device from Xiaomi. Of course, words cannot explain everything that can be seen in the video, but we will try. First of all, I would like to note that the top ten is different from the nine and the Note 5 has acquired a new look. We don’t think it’s worth talking about changes and gestures, so we’ll just evaluate the work itself, its smoothness, etc.
Having used the new operating system for some time, I immediately want to note that the phone began to work faster, and MIUI itself eats less RAM than the nine. Also, a better smoothness of the work is noticed, and this is very important. After all, unfortunately, there are very few smartphones on the market that can boast of beautiful and smooth animation, like in iPhones.
We also remind you that MIUI 10 began to support gestures, thanks to which it became much easier to control the phone, although this is a matter of habit.
MIUI 10 download, how to install and what is needed for it
In order to start this procedure, you must first download TWRP for your smartphone. You do not need to search for it on the Internet, because everything is already here and we will leave links to all the necessary files.
MIUI global version for Redmi Note 5.download
You have already downloaded these files and so far we are not touching them, since we need to unlock the bootloader on the smartphone, but if this has already been done, then you can skip this procedure. If not, then we will explain everything step by step.
- First you need to go to the official MIUI Unlock website and click on the Unlock Now button
- Naturally, we will log in on it (you should have registered when you first turned on the phone)
- Click on the Download Mi Unlock button and download the program to your PC
- Next comes the standard installation, we agree with everything and log in again
- Now we take the phone in hand and turn it off. After that, turn on and hold the power button and the volume down button again. Thus, we entered the unlocked bootloader mode.
- Next, we connect the smartphone using a USB cable and in the program (which you downloaded) we press the Unlock button, and wait for the end of the process.
Now that you have done everything, you can proceed to installing the long-awaited MIUI 10, but do not rush to rejoice, because you could have done something wrong and because of this, there could be dire consequences. Therefore, it is better to check your actions, right? So, we need to check the status of Fastboot, it is also the bootloader. But for this you need to download the ADB and Fastboot utilities, which you can also download below.
- First, we need to repeat the previous item at number 5, that is, go back to bootloader mode
- We again connect the phone via USB to the PC.
- Now we open the command line on the computer.
- We enter the commands one by one: cd C: \ adb and fastboot oem device-info
- Based on the name, you can understand that we will receive complete information about the phone. Now we look for the Device unlocked field and look at the value. If it says True, then everything is fine. If False, then you need to unlock the bootloader again.
And now, when everything is fine with us, everything is done correctly, we proceed to the operating system itself, or rather to its installation.
- Install ADB for your operating system
- Remember the downloaded TWRP? We transfer it to the adb folder (by default it is located on the C drive)
- We connect the phone to the PC
- Transferring archive from MIUI 10 to smartphone
- We put the smartphone into bootloader mode again
- On the computer, turn on the command line and enter the command cd C: \ adb
- Install TWRP using the command. fastboot flash recovery twrp.img (needs to be replaced with actual filename if different)
- Now we launch TWRP on our smartphone. To do this, enter the fastboot boot command twrp.img
- When the program on the phone has started, click on the Wipe button (reset the smartphone to factory settings). Of course you can do without it, but in the case of the beta version it is better to do this. If you do not want to do this, then remember, everything is at your own peril and risk.
- Now we click on the long-awaited installation, select the archive with the OS.
- We wait and restart the phone
Now you can enjoy the new operating system and you can check everything yourself. But if you are not confident in yourself, then it is better not to do this alone, but to turn to specialists. Because this can lead to the fact that your device turns into a brick that can be thrown away.
Updating the smartphone through the Recovery mod
In the event that the phone cannot be updated with system tools, the engineering menu will help.
Android 10 ROM on XIAOMI MI 3! How to install guide!
To install the firmware, you will need to install an alternative RECOVERY, due to the fact that the official does not have such an option.
TWRP is considered a reliable program for improving the capabilities of a smartphone, so the method will be described using this utility as an example.
- the presence of user Root rights;
- unlocked bootloader.
Phone flashing methods
There are several tricks through which the owner of a Xiaomi smartphone can get a new Android.
How to Install Android 8 Update on Xiaomi
In 2018, Xiaomi launched a massive update of smartphones to Android 8 version. Firmware will be provided for Redmi lineup models including Note, Pro and Plus series. The Mi flagships will be upgraded first. There are several possible ways how to update Android on Xiaomi, from which users can choose an acceptable one.
If the system does not see new files during the scan, then you can either postpone the process indefinitely, or get MIUI forcibly.
How to update your phone using the Xiaomi website, the instructions for independent actions will tell you.
- Internet connection on a smartphone or computer;
- USB cable.
- Open http://en.miui.com/download.html
- Choose your Xiaomi model.
- Check the latest Android firmware.
- Insert the file into the “downloads” directory in the main memory of the gadget.
- Open the settings menu and click on the “update” item.
- In the path for installation, specify the location of the downloaded archive with the firmware.
- After installing the new data, the phone will reboot with the new firmware.
The company will notify about the possibility of installing a new OS with a notification. If you agree, you only need to connect to the network, a charged battery and 20-25 minutes of time.
- access to the Internet;
- authorized Xiaomi account;
- at least 50% of smartphone battery charge.
- Enter the settings menu.
- Select the item “software update”.
- Check for new files.
- Answer affirmatively to the request from the system.
- Reboot smartphone.
- Wait until the new parameters are set.
- The phone will automatically turn on with new shell settings.
Benefits of the upgrade
OS assumes improved performance and increased responsiveness to user actions.
As a result of testing, it was revealed that the Android update on Xiaomi will increase the performance by 25% without increasing the overall power consumption.
A new “split screen” mode has been introduced. the user will be able to watch a movie or reply to messages in instant messengers without interrupting surfing the network.
Updating smartphones to Android 8 version
Introduced innovations in communication with the assistant. from now on you can communicate with him using text.
Redesigned the interface of the notification panel, optimized the operation of applications and the bootloader.
Update via MiFlash in Fastboot mode
A more complicated but safer way to answer the question: how to update Android on Xiaomi is to install the firmware via the Xiaomi app.
- create an image of the system in case a rollback is needed;
- a computer;
- install the MiFlash program on the PC;
- download a file from the official site like TGZ;
- USB cable.
Update via MiFlash
- Run MiFlash utility on the computer.
- Create folder for extracted files.
- Unzip data.
- Turn off smartphone.
- Hold down the volume down and power key for 10 seconds.
- Make sure the phone turns on in FastBoot mode.
- Synchronize a gadget with a PC via a cable.
- A notification about the new device should appear on the app screen. (if there is no notification, then you should check the USB wire for integrity, check the relevance of the drivers).
- Select the Select key and specify the path to the previously created folder with files.
- At the bottom of the window, select the “Clean all” item for the optimal update installation mode without failures.
- Press the Flash key to start the process. (you can track progress using the built-in indicator in the program).
- Wait for the notification of the end of the flashing to appear in the results column.
- Stop pairing PC and smartphone by disconnecting the cable.
- Press the power button until the company logo appears on the screen.
- when choosing the method for installing updates, it is recommended to select the “Clean all” mode, as it is safe and completely cleans the smartphone data, replacing them with new ones. Option “SaveUserData”. will save user settings, but does not guarantee failure. The item “Clean all and Lock” will clear the phone’s memory and lock the bootloader. in case of unforeseen problems, the gadget must be restored at the company’s service center;
- Loading the smartphone after the update takes quite a long time. up to 40 minutes. This is due to the configuration of the system to work with new injections;
- when following the algorithm, even a “ripped” gadget can be flashed through the utility.
To install the firmware via third-party software, you must cancel the download ban.
Important! Before starting, it is recommended to do a full BackUp of the system.
There are two options to bypass Xiaomi lock:
- Go to the company’s website in the UnLock section and send a request to cancel the boot block. You will need authorization in the system and an indication of the reason for the need to unlock. The application will be reviewed within 10 business days. After disabling the restrictions, you will need to download the application on PC UnLock MiFlash and follow the user’s instructions.
- The second option is not official, but it works. You will need to install the ADB program and the recommended drivers for the gadget. Open the utility window and connect the smartphone to the computer in FastBoot mode (turn off and hold down the volume and power keys).
A detailed analysis of blocking bypass is described in the video tutorial:
- Launch PlayMarket on your phone and find the official app.
- Download program.
- In the settings menu, allow superuser access for the utility.
- Wait until the gadget is recognized and mark it.
- Find the previously downloaded archive from the recovery and select the download through the engineering menu.
Installing twrp on Xiaomi
An unofficial method for installing custom firmware is based on using the Recovery utility, which is installed into the smartphone’s memory. The user then downloads the version of the software they like. The program recognizes files like update.zip, so the user renames the archive with the files. After launching the utility, you must select the Recovery mode and specify the procedure for Install update.zip to System One. After the file transfer is completed correctly, a request is made to restart the smartphone.
The second method is based on Fastboot mode, which is activated on Xiaomi products by simultaneously pressing the power activation and volume down buttons. Key manipulation is performed after the phone is powered off; Before installing the firmware, you need to download and install the MiFlash utility. The firmware files are unpacked into a separate folder, the link to the distribution kit is indicated in the MiFlash program window. After pressing the Flash key, the reprogramming of the smartphone begins, which does not require user intervention.
The methods allow you to install new firmware on Mi5S phones and other smartphones from Xiaomi. Informal techniques require the release of the bootloader lock, which protects the operating system kernel. Devices manufactured before the fall of 2015 had an unlocked bootloader, but with subsequent updates, an automatic lock occurred. Removal of protection is made through the filing of an official request. After reprogramming, it is recommended to restore the lock, which increases the safety of the Xiaomi smartphone.
How to update
The manufacturer provides for an official software update. Smartphones receive a notification over the Internet, then the user accepts the offer or saves the base operating system. The design of smartphones allows unofficial update methods, allowing you to install modified skins that differ in appearance and a list of features.
When updating, keep in mind that the manufacturer does not intend to use improved versions of the operating system on some models. For example, on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, it is impossible to install Android higher than version 7.0. The user can add additional functions by installing third-party firmware (custom software products). It should also be borne in mind that installing a new modification of the Miui utility does not mean automatic installation of a fresh version of the Android shell.
To check for a new software version in a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X or Xiaomi Mi 5S smartphone, you need to activate the menu, and then go to the product settings section. There is a separate paragraph in the menu that allows you to update the components. If the smartphone finds an available version of the program, then a number on a red background is included in front of the section name. After entering the section, the user selects the desired version of the program, indicates the location of the file on the drive, and then presses the start button.
The firmware distribution kit is pre-downloaded from the technical support section of the smartphone manufacturer’s website. When selecting, you need to specify the phone model, then a list of firmwares will be displayed on the screen, which indicates the version of the base Android system and the modification of the Miui shell. To save a file to a drive or hard drive, you need to click on the download start button.
The size of the distribution is 1.5-2 GB, the download time is 30-200 minutes (depending on the bandwidth of the communication channel). When downloading, you should select the global firmware. Developer version is used by program developers and testers.
The manufacturer has provided the ability to automatically install new software versions. In the update settings menu, select the item that allows automatic download and installation of files. The transfer of program components via a Wi-Fi communication channel or a combined method (via Wi-Fi and a wireless 4G Internet connection) is provided. The user can block the download by checking the box opposite the “do not update” parameter.
To install Android 7 on a Xiaomi Redmi 3 or 3S smartphone, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to the technical support section on the manufacturer’s website, and then find the model of the smartphone that you want to update in the list of equipment.
- In the window that opens with available firmware versions, a global modification is selected (denoted by Global Stable).
- The distribution kit is downloaded to the phone’s storage. If the user used a computer, then the files are transferred to the smartphone using a memory card or via a connecting cord.
- Go to the phone settings menu, and then go to the section containing information about the equipment.
- Press the update start button. a field with 3 dots will appear in the upper right corner of the display. Press on the touch panel of the screen located near the dots.
- An additional dialog box indicates the path to the firmware distribution.
- After checking the integrity of the files, a button appears on the display to start the installation process.
- Wait for the completion of the procedure, which lasts from 5 to 10 minutes. During the update, the smartphone may reboot itself several times.
Android update on Xiaomi smartphones
Xiaomi mobile phones are based on the Android system, supplemented by the proprietary Miui utility. As the upgraded versions of the operating system are released, the user is faced with the need to update Android on Xiaomi. The use of new versions of Android expands the functionality of the smartphone and eliminates operational problems, but before updating, you must make sure that the phone and the software product are compatible.
Which models can be upgraded to Android 10
The manufacturer announced the possibility of installing the Android 10Q operating system on smartphones of the Mi 8 series (standard modification and versions Pro, SE, EE and Lite). Owners of the Max 3 or Mix 2S and 3 equipment will also be able to take advantage of the new product from Google. The possibility of upgrading the operating system is retained in products A2 (standard model and modification Lite) and A1. The rest of Xiaomi smartphones do not support the installation of the Android 10Q program.
Despite the fact that each subsequent version of the firmware carries a lot of new functions, after the update, some smartphones work unstable. This happens when the user ignores the preparatory phase.
Before installing updates on Xiaomi Mi 10, you need to meet 2 basic requirements:
- charge your smartphone at least 30%;
- reset to factory settings.
And if everything is clear with the first point, then the second one raises many questions for some people. Resetting to factory settings completely deletes files from the smartphone’s memory. This avoids errors when installing updates.
Of course, no one wants to lose personal data, so you need to create a backup before resetting:
- Open the settings.
- Go to the “Memory and backups” section.
- Click on the heading “Google Drive”.
- Activate backup.
Following these steps will result in the backup file being uploaded to the cloud storage. After updating Android, it can be restored.
If there is not enough space on Google Drive to save all the data, it is recommended to create a backup via the “Copy and Restore” item. The resulting file should be moved to another device (for example, a computer) for the duration of the flashing, and after the process is completed, return it back to the phone’s memory.
If the backup has been successfully created, you can safely proceed to roll back the phone to the factory settings:
- Run device settings.
- Go to the “Recovery and reset” section.
- Select the item “Reset settings”.
- Click the “Reset Phone Settings” button.
- Confirm the operation.
Now you need to restart your smartphone, and then go directly to the process of installing a new firmware.
Xiaomi Mi 10 phone update
For several years since the release, smartphones have continued to be supported by the manufacturer. All this time, the user receives updates that add new functions. To update Android on your Xiaomi Mi 10 phone, you need not only to follow a few simple steps, but also to prepare for the procedure.
How to find out the current Android version on Xiaomi Mi 10
It is recommended that you check the current firmware version before installing updates. Your phone may already have up-to-date Android and no update is required.
- Open smartphone settings.
- Go to the section “About phone”.
This section will indicate the current firmware version. At the beginning of 2020, the current OS is Android 10, but very soon Google will release another update to Android 11.
This is the easiest and most common way to update your phone. The main condition, in addition to performing the preparatory procedures, is the presence of an Internet connection.
To install a new Android, you will need:
- Go to device settings.
- Go to the section “About phone”.
- Select “System Update”.
- Press the “Update” button.
Then the phone will automatically search for updates. If they are available for this model, you will be prompted to download the firmware file and click the “Install” button. After that, the device will reboot and be ready for further use.
Manually via Recovery Mode
This option is similar to the previous method due to the fact that the firmware file must first be downloaded to the phone. But otherwise, the process will be very different, since for installation you will need to go to the engineering menu (Recovery Mode).
To go into recovery, you need to turn off the device and hold down the power button and the upper volume rocker for a few seconds. If nothing happened, you should change the combination to the power button and the lower rocker.
Provided that everything is done correctly, the recovery menu will light up on the screen. It uses the volume buttons to navigate, and the action is confirmed by pressing the power button.
You need to select the “Reboot system now” item if you want to perform an over-the-air update. The “Apply update from ADB” parameter is responsible for installing the firmware from the internal storage, and the “Apply update from SD card”. from the memory card. By selecting the appropriate item, it remains to confirm the operation and wait for the end of the process.
Ways to Update Android on Xiaomi Mi 10 Phone
The Android operating system can be updated in a number of ways. There are both classic and alternative options. It is recommended to consider the update methods in the order in which they are presented in this material.
Getting Root-rights for Xiaomi Redmi 3S
If you bought a new smartphone of the Redmi line, which runs on Android OS and want to maximize the functionality of your device, having access to deep and fine tuning of the smartphone, then you need to get root rights for Xiaomi Redmi. In this article, we will show you three ways to get root and tell you how to get them correctly and as quickly as possible. And the one who has already installed ROOT on his gadget will not face any surprises at all.
Root rights are the maximum number of available and previously hidden settings in the Android OS. Installing ROOT makes it possible to remove previously installed applications, install various utilities to speed up the gadget, minimize battery consumption as efficiently as possible, automate some operations, install custom (new firmware), “overclock” the processor, fix phone problems and much, much more.
Attention! Any actions with a smartphone in obtaining ROOT rights you perform at your own peril and risk. Also, after receiving root, Xiaomi Redmi 3S is deprived of the right to a warranty from the seller or the manufacturer of the device.
Rooting Xiaomi Redmi 3S: Method 3
Things are a little more complicated here:
An unlocked bootloader is required (this is a prerequisite).
- Disable driver digital signature verification
How to root Xiaomi 3S: method 2
Debug via USB Download, install and run a popular root program called Kingo Root (18MB). Connect your smartphone to a personal computer or laptop via a microUSB cable (we recommend using only the original cable). Wait a bit. the program should independently detect the connected device as an Android phone. At the bottom in the middle, click on the “Root” button and wait for the process to complete. Done! By the way, during installation or after completion of the operation, the phone can reboot on its own. there is nothing terrible here.
For Windows 8
- Press the “WinI” button combination. “Parameters” will come out on the right.
- Hold down “Shift” and press “Shutdown”. “Restart”.
- After rebooting, the Select Action window will appear. We select “Diagnostics.” “Additional parameters.” “Boot parameters.” “Restart”.
After the reboot, we will see the “Restart Options” window, press “F7” and wait for the Windows to reboot.
How to get ROOT rights: method 1
You need to enable USB debugging. To do this, go to the following path Settings. General. About smartphone. Further:
- Find the line with the build number (miui version), then click on it about 7-10 times
- You should see a notification to enable the developer menu
- We return to the settings, go to “Advanced” and find the item “For Developers”
- In this menu we find the option “Debugging via USB” and put a tick opposite, that’s all.
You need to find and download a program called Rootkhp (70 KB) to your computer. Install it. Connect your smartphone. Obtaining root rights through this program is as simple as possible. click on the “Root” button, after which you will see a message on the display that the process of obtaining ROOT rights has begun. Wait until the screen displays the message “Root finiShed”, which means the operation is complete. Done, enjoy working with the device as a superuser!
Android 11 for Xiaomi smartphones.
Considering that there are not so many real owners of Xiaomi Mi 10 / Mi 10 Pro smartphones. And even more so users who want to experiment with firmware for the sake of Android 11. Therefore, this information will be more relevant for technical enthusiasts.
Installing beta versions of Android 11 is recommended only for experienced users for familiarization purposes, who know how to back up all important data, are familiar with the Mi Flash Tool and know how to flash their Xiaomi phone.
Download and Install Android 11 for Xiaomi
Google has begun testing the eleventh version of the Android operating system. As expected, Xiaomi 2020 flagships are the first to receive the update.
The Android 11 update for Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro smartphones is still available in new beta firmware. Android 11 can already be downloaded and installed at your own risk.
According to the release schedule, the final version of Android 11 is expected at the end of the third quarter (September).
The next in line will be smartphones Redmi K30 Pro and POCO F2 Pro.
How to install Android 11 on Xiaomi?
Step-by-step instructions for advanced users.
1) Make sure you have a backup of your device data, as this will erase data on your smartphone.
2) You need a Xiaomi phone with an unlocked bootloader.
3) Download Mi Flash Tool to your Windows computer. The latest version can be found here.
4) After downloading, unzip Mi Flash Tool and install it on your computer.
5) Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot drivers installed on your computer. Alternative download link here.
6) Restart your phone in Fastboot mode. Do this by turning it off completely and then simultaneously press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons.
7) Connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable.
8) Download the Fastboot.tgz firmware file from the links above and unpack it.
9) Run Mi Flash Tool and enter the location of the extracted folder from ROM from the address bar.
10) Click “Update” on the MiFlash tool and the program should automatically recognize your Xiaomi smartphone.
11) Click “Run” to install the firmware on your device.
12) When finished, the progress bar should turn green.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/xiaomi7/xiaomishka.ru/www/wp-content/themes/publisher/includes/func-review-rating.php on line 212
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/xiaomi7/xiaomishka.ru/www/wp-content/themes/publisher/includes/func-review-rating.php on line 213
Hello dear friends! My name is Mikhail Xiaominko, I am a fan of Xiaomi technology, gadgets and smartphones. Having access to information, I try to provide interesting and high-quality content for Xiaomi readers. I share the latest news and exclusive materials.
Before starting the installation or making changes to the existing operating system, a number of preparatory measures are required:
Observing the correct actions will allow you to successfully carry out the procedure for installing another operating system. Otherwise, it is highly likely that the device will simply turn into a “brick” without the possibility of its further resuscitation.
Installing iOS on Android. instructions for installing and configuring iOS on Android
Most of the users of mobile devices running the Android system would like to try changing the OS version. For example, the question “how to install iOS on Android?” Is often asked to find out what attracts Apple’s operating system to its many fans.
Possible ways to flash Android to iOS
There are several methods of how you can change the operating system on your own smartphone and make it look like an iPhone.
An emulator is a special program that allows you to recreate the operation of another operating system or create a protected environment (sandbox) for running a third-party application. It is in this way that cross-platform programs are debugged.
The most famous and popular emulator is Cycada from the Cider project. The essence of the method is to change the iOS application code so that the smartphone perceives it as based on the XNU Kernel (Android architecture).
In this case, in this case, the virtual machine is not launched, and the user has the opportunity to launch in real time. The downside is a slight slowdown in the work of applications. So far, the project is at the beta testing stage, so there may be instability in work.
Is it possible to install iOS firmware on Android?
You won’t be able to get a fully functional operating system from Apple. This is due to the fact that each manufacturer installs software on his device, which is optimized to work directly with a specific device.
Full porting is impossible, there is a division of the market, when device manufacturers conquer their layer of potential users through the functionality of the operating system. It is the company’s policy that leads to the fact that iOS is such a closed system, restricts the possible actions of the user.
But no one says that trying Apple’s OS on an Android device is impossible. There are several methods for installing iOS on Android in order to get at least an external idea of what a popular shell looks like.
Installing apps from unknown sources on Xiaomi
By default, Android devices are not allowed to install apps from unknown sources. What does it mean? If you decide to install the application not from the Play Market, but from another source in the form of an APK file, the system simply won’t let you install it. Why? This is done in order to protect the user, since an application from an unknown source may contain viruses, malicious files, and the like. Therefore, before installing, think carefully whether it is worth installing an application on your smartphone not from the Play Market.
How to Allow Installation of Apps from Unknown Sources on Xiaomi?
In the example, we have an APK file that we want to install. First you need a file manager with which you can open the file itself. The built-in Explorer or any other file manager will do.
You will see a message: “The installation is blocked. For security purposes, the device is blocked from installing applications from unknown sources. ” Click on the “Settings” button.
The “Security” page will open in front of you. There is a line “Unknown sources” here, with the switch in the “Off” position.
Click on the switch, and then a message will appear stating that you are fully responsible for any damage that will be caused by this application. Click OK.
Installation of applications from unknown sources is enabled, as indicated by the switch in the “On” position.
We strongly advise you to turn off the installation from unknown sources after installing the application you need. What for? There are applications that are automatically installed on the smartphone (as a rule, these are malicious APK files downloaded somewhere on the Internet). This feature will prevent them from automatically installing.
You can also disable or enable the function through the settings, it is located in the “Privacy” section.
Want MIUI 11 on your smartphone right now? Android 10?
Don’t want to wait? Do you want to use the innovations and improvements of the new MIUI 11 shell right now, without waiting for the official release? There is such an opportunity, and today we will tell you what you need to install the updated version on your Xiaomi smartphone.
Immediately I want to make a little clarity. This is not the final firmware, but the Beta version, but as experience shows, it has already been sufficiently refined, the main innovations are present, there were no “glitches” in the work.
The firmware testing, as you can see from the screenshot, was carried out on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 smartphone.
There are a lot of smartphones in the list for which this firmware is already available.
If you have not found your smartphone model, it is possible that the firmware for it is not exactly in this release dated September 26, 2019. It is possible to search for the required firmware in previous versions. Here is a link to all available firmwares, sorted into folders with names like: 9.9.26, 9.9.6 and so on. The folder name is nothing more than the release date of the firmware in a specific directory, in the format: year.month.number. Of course, it is worth choosing the latest (of the available), which, in turn, will be finalized as much as possible, with corrected errors, if any were identified in previous releases.
In the name of the firmware files, in addition to the release date, you can also find information about the Android version. In our case, the file is called: Xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote5Pro_9.9.26_v11-9.zip. “V11-9”, at the end, makes it clear that the version is MIUI 11, and Android. 9. It is a pity that this smartphone has not yet been transferred to a new version of the operating system, but this will surely happen with the release of a new version, or perhaps in stable firmware.
So, you’ve found the firmware for your smartphone on the list, but don’t rush to download it. In order to install the Beta version on your smartphone, certain conditions must be met, namely:
- bootloader unlocked;
- installed custom recovery (TWRP).
In this article, we will not focus on these points, since all this has already been described more than once earlier. Who missed these instructions, follow the links below and get acquainted with the information.
Xiaomi. Unlock Bootloader Unlocking Bootloader on Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus Xiaomi Increases Waiting Time for Unlocking Bootloader Xiaomi. Install Custom Recovery
The principle of unlocking the bootloader, as well as installing custom recovery, are identical regardless of the Xiaomi model, so if you have not done this yet, then you will find all the necessary information in these instructions.
Installing the firmware is also carried out in the standard way through TWRP. For whom this process causes difficulties, we first read the following instructions:
MIUI 11 will receive a major redesign and new features
In addition to all sorts of “tricks”, sounds, animations and other points, I would like to note the improved energy efficiency system on this firmware. Although Redmi Note 5 never suffered from a quick discharge, on MIUI 11 it began to “live” much longer, from a single charge. But for this, a separate respect to the Xiaomi programmers.
In the course of writing this manual, we came across information about installing Android 10 on various devices. We decided to share it with you. Suddenly, you can’t wait to try the latest Android one of the first. The principle of the firmware is identical, as are the requirements for a smartphone, so we skip these moments, but just tell you where to look for firmware for your device.
On this page, in addition to links to the firmware themselves, you can get information about how Android 10 differs from its predecessors, what is needed in order to install the firmware data, and how to do it. The only thing is that everything is in English, so if you have problems with this, use our instructions, believe me, they are identical (except for the language). Even taking into account these moments, it will not be difficult to find the necessary firmware. All firmwares are grouped by manufacturer, including: Xiaomi, OnePlus, Motorola, Asus and Samsung.
For example, for our “experimental” (Redmi Note 5) here you can find the firmware with the name: PixelExperience_whyred-10.0-20190926-1302-BETA-OFFICIAL.zip, which makes it clear that this is Android 10 from 09/26/2019. The version is PixelExperience. That is, not MIUI. If you don’t like the standard Xiaomi shell, you can try something different. How do third-party firmware behave on Xiaomi devices, see the link below:
Redmi 5 Plus firmware on MIUI 10 with Android 8.1.0
The only thing worth adding. In the instructions for the Redmi 5 Plus firmware, an option is described with a complete cleaning of the system partition. What does it mean? All information stored in the smartphone’s memory is deleted (except for information on the memory card). This option has its advantages, as the system is built from scratch. But with this method, you will have to re-configure accounts, download applications, restore contacts, etc., so before starting the flashing process, it will not be superfluous to acquire backups of the necessary information.
If, on a new basis, there is no particular desire to configure the system, but you just want to see what MIUI 11 is like, there is a quick option. Don’t wipe the system partition completely, just update the firmware. In this case, the system will be updated, but all settings, programs, contacts and other information stored in folders (photos, videos, documents, etc.) will remain intact. This significantly reduces the time required to upgrade to the new MIUI version. The whole process will take you about 5-7 minutes (depending on the smartphone) and after that you get an updated and fully configured system. everything remains as it was, but the firmware version has become newer.
How To Install Android 10 On Any Android and Redmi 3s Device | Pixel Experience Rom
If you like this option more, then when you make Wipe, going to the “Advanced Wipe” section, you need to check only two items (“Davik / ART Cache” and “Cache”).
Items: “Data”, “Internal Storage”, “System”. it is unnecessary to select.
After carrying out this procedure, we proceed directly to the installation (update, in this case) of the firmware. After the end of the process, we reboot the device, wait a little more than usual (since this is the first start of the system) and meet the welcome window, and a small overview of new functions.
After that, you will see your desktop exactly as it was before the flashing.
We will not describe the innovations that MIUI 11 brings with it in this manual, for this there is a separate article, for those who are interested, follow the link:
Installing Resurrection Remix OS Firmware on Redmi Note 3 PRO
Didn’t find your smartphone (firmware for it) on this portal. there is an alternative.
The second resource is, of course, our beloved w3bsit3-dns.com. In any “search engine” we enter the model of our smartphone and at the end we assign “w3bsit3-dns.com”. As a rule, the first link in the search results will be the one that will lead you to a discussion of your smartphone on this site. Next, you need to go to the “Firmware” section (official or unofficial, depending on what you are looking for). With the section “Official firmware”. everything is clear, we think there is no point in explaining what you will find here. The second option will offer a much larger selection of all kinds of firmware from: AICP, LineageOS, Resurrection Remix, ViperOS, Mokee OS, AOSP and many other manufacturers.
Love to experiment, looking for a decent third-party firmware for yourself. the “bridgehead for maneuvers” is so great that it will be very difficult to try everything. We haven’t started rolling 10 Android yet. Perhaps we will wait for the release of this version on MIUI. over, we are still more interested in the option just with the MIUI 11 shell, albeit on Android Pie.
We look forward to hearing from you. Will you be installing the MIUI 11 Beta or will you wait for the official release? If you do update, write about your impressions, what you liked about the updated firmware and what you didn’t. This information will be of interest not only to us, but also to all other readers.
Pixip Icon Pack
A small application that contains hundreds of Pixel-style icons (and therefore Android). An excellent solution to customize the appearance of not only standard icons, but also custom programs.
Pros and cons of the clean version
In addition, many users like the simple and concise interface of regular Android, not overloaded with unnecessary details.
The MIUI shell provides more functionality, but in technical terms, regular Android is suitable for many users.
How to install naked Android on a Xiaomi smartphone
To get the bare version, you need to reflash your smartphone.
Flashing should only be done by experienced users.
On Xiaomi devices, the first step is to unlock the bootloader in order to download and install various firmware. Previously, unlocking was carried out on the official Xiaomi website, where it was necessary to submit an application.
Since 2017, it is possible to unlock it through Mi account and Mi Flash Unlock computer program.
After successful unlocking, you can proceed directly to the process of flashing the device. The details may vary from model to model, but the general guide looks like this:
- Download the firmware with a clean version of Android OS.
- Install the Mi Flash or TWRP program on the computer, with the help of which the flashing is carried out.
- Connect the smartphone to the computer and through the program move the firmware file to the device memory.
- Reboot your phone.
- Reflash the device following the instructions of the program.
- Delete all data using “Wipe Data” function.
- Restart your phone one more time.
During the firmware process, all user data (applications and files) fly off, so they must first be saved.
If the firmware was successful, then Xiaomi will have a regular Android without traces of MIUI.
How to turn MIUI into pure Android
It is not necessary to use such a radical method as flashing a smartphone.
If you have no complaints about the technical side of the MIUI shell, but are not satisfied with its interface or some functions, then you can modify it using special programs. This option is suitable for those users who do not want to flash their phone.
Lawnchair Launcher is an application with which the appearance of the operating system (desktop, icons, notification header) will acquire the design of Pixel smartphones. These devices are manufactured by Google and therefore have the most standardized Android interface.
Trick To Install Android 10 Q. On Any Xiaomi or Other Android Device Without Root or PC
The launcher can be customized for yourself, while it does not require root rights for its full operation. In fact, it is an “improved” Pixel Launcher with all the features for devices with Android 5.0 and higher.
- swiping Google Now;
- native round icons;
- quick access to Google search (including voice) from the home screen;
- the ability to customize the elements of the launcher to fit your needs (number of columns, rows, icon size and much more);
- support for shortcuts on Android 5.0 and higher;
- blur effects in the dock and application menu;
- support for notification system as in Android O;
- weather display.
Installing this application will be the easiest solution to the problem with the unusual design of MIUI.
Which Xiaomi is preinstalled with the clean version
“Pure” version of Android. operating system from Google without additional modifications.
Xiaomi has developed a special MIUI skin, but some users do not like its functionality or appearance.
The developers offered a compromise and released Xiaomi smartphones that do not have MIUI on the market:
- Mi A1;
- Mi A2
- Mi A2 Lite.
All of these devices are stocked with pure Android One.
Google Apps are various useful services and applications preinstalled on most Android devices. They all work with a single Google account and are familiar to fans of a traditional OS.