Google Play on laptop. Installing Play Store using the BlueStacks emulator
Next, you will find detailed instructions for installing the Market for beginners. But before proceeding with the installation, you need to download the Blustax emulator from our website. Thanks to the emulator, mobile games and programs can be easily launched on Windows 10. 7. So, open the installation file.
The installation process starts. In the window that appears, specify the path for the virtual smartphone / tablet application emulator (drive C by default), accept the license agreement and agree to the installation. Also, make sure that there is enough space on the hard disk. at least a few gigabytes. Most games from popular publishers have significant volume.
The next step is to select the language of the Android OS. The best option is to leave it as it is, but if you want to use content from Google Play in the second region, select the appropriate country. For example, some apps and games from the US Play Store may not be available and vice versa. A similar situation is observed in the AppStore.
Now you need to add a Google Account or create a new account. Better Use an active “account” of one of your mobile devices. The fact is that your account stores program data, game progress and other information. Enter it if, for example, you want to continue playing the game you like on a personal computer or save authorization on a social network.
After confirming the Google account login, the one-time setup is completed. You can start downloading apps on Android. To do this, use the built-in game center or go to the Play Market program along the path indicated in the screenshot. For the emulator to work correctly, it doesn’t matter how applications enter the operating system.
Now it’s time to launch the Play Store. As you can see, the functionality of the application is identical to that of a mobile phone. You will get access to a huge number of useful programs and toys. The most popular ones are in the Special Sections.
Thanks to convenient navigation and simple controls, downloading applications becomes an easy task. It is enough to enter the name of the desired program in the search bar and install the application by pressing a single button. They also offer to download music, books and films, but this type of content is mostly paid.
How to install Play Store on a laptop via Nox? The easy way.
Nox App Player is considered one of the fastest, most functional and undemanding Android emulators with Play Store on a computer or laptop. Installation Takes a couple of minutes. To start launching and configuring, Take care of the presence of several gigabytes of free space on your hard disk and remember your mail and password on Google. Next, download and run the installation file. If you wish, you can select another folder for installation, for example, if there is not enough space on the C drive.
Wait until the installation of the emulator is complete and run it by pressing the “Start” button.
You will be greeted by the main window of the program. Here you can Check out the Key Controls or go further to quickly start installing applications from the Play Market on your laptop for free.
Google Play requires authorization through a new or existing account. If an account has already been entered on your mobile device and you remember the login and password, enter it, then the data of applications and games is synchronized between the laptop and the smartphone / tablet. Have an account? It doesn’t matter, we register, enter our data, agree to the terms.
How to connect a scanner to a netbook
First, you need to prepare the required inventory:
- Notebook. It will need to turn on the network in advance or take care of a sufficient level of battery charge.
- USB or other compatible cable for transferring information from the scanner to the memory module in the computer. The type of cord can be found in the instructions for the device. In some cases, you may need a special cable with a USB adapter. They are usually supplied complete with a scanning device.
- Wire for connecting the scan device to the mains.
- Disk or flash media with recorded drivers. They can be downloaded on the official website of the manufacturer by choosing the operating system.
The connection process is NOT complicated, the main thing is to follow the list of actions presented below:
- Take the scanner out of the box and place it on a stable surface. It is recommended to provide a place on the desktop or a separate shelf in advance with a height of free space of about 25 cm.This will allow you to comfortably use the device when scanning papers.
- Unpack the CD and the necessary wires for connection.
- Turn on your laptop or compact netbook and wait until the OS is fully loaded.
- Connect the power cord with one side to the scanner and then to the power outlet.
- Compatible devices by attaching each USB connector Corresponding cable.
- Turn on the scan tool using the front panel button. It is usually indicated by a circle and a dash icon. After that, the laptop will automatically start searching for a suitable driver. However, in the list of already installed software. such technically compatible files are usually available.
- Insert the CD media into the disc drive or download the driver from the manufacturer’s website. Run the installer. When using the disc, a welcome window will automatically open where you need to agree with the rules of the license agreement and continue with the installation. If the file is uploaded via the Internet, you need to open it with a double click and repeat the above.
The second option for obtaining the correct driver is to use the functions of the operating system. In this case, you need to open the “Device Manager” and select the hardware, which is marked with an exclamation mark. The name of the connected scanning device should be named the right mouse button or the corresponding key on the laptop touchpad. Further, simply. select the item “Update drivers”. After specifying the “Automatic installation” parameter, the netbook independently start searching for the program.
How to connect a scanner to a laptop
A scanner allows you to convert a paper form of information into a digital one. However, in order to get the desired file on the laptop, the scanning device must be connected and synchronized using special software. Consider how to correctly perform this procedure and what wires and programs you need to use for this.
How to properly set up a scanner on a netbook?
Correct operation of the scanner saves time on digital data processing. Therefore, to configure the correct operation, you must additionally specify several parameters in the OS. For this
First you need to open the “Control Panel”. Then open the name “Devices and Printers”. It will take some time to wait for the completion of the stage of forming the list of used and active peripheral office devices. After that, you should move the cursor over the scanner icon, and press the right mouse button. From the list that opens, you will need to select the item “Use this device automatically”.
In the installed junk from the manufacturer, you can independently select the type of scanned files:
- Graphic plus text information.
The user can also select the dpi parameter. For black-and-white documents with a well-readable medium size font of about 10-12 Times New Roman, 200 dpi is sufficient. For a smaller and less readable type of documentation, 400 dpi or more is better. For images, the optimal will be from 600 dpi.
How to open the scanner on different versions of Windows
The network space is filled with a large number of free programs that allow you to transfer papers, documents and photos to the memory of a stationary PC or laptop. Such applications have impressive functionality and an understandable scheme of work.
In addition to free programs, there are also author’s developments, which will have to pay a small amount. As a rule, such paid applications have in their arsenal a number of “chips” that make them a little more attractive to users. Such programs are designed to work with different versions of the Windows operating system.
There are also applications for IOS or Linux OS. However, we will consider their work specifically on Windows 10, since this is one of the most popular shells at the moment.
With the introduction of the Paint program
To copy a document or photo from a stationary PC or laptop through the Paint program, you should reproduce the following sequence:
- Installing paper in the device frames.
- Launch Paint. a pre-installed and standard application that allows you to work with pictures on all versions of Windows.
- In the application menu, you need to find the “File” icon, and then click on the “From Scanner or Camera” section
- We mark the Used office tool, and then set the parameters.
- Using the “Scan” button you start the scanning procedure, at the end of which you should save the received image.
Fax and Scan
To complete the scanning procedure through a scanner with the introduction of the program and fax, you will need to do the following sequence:
- Place the document in the printer frame.
- Using a computer, run the “Start” section.
- In the appeared section with the list of applications, you need to find a picture of the program, the image of which looks like a white arrow enclosed in a circle.
- If such an application is NOT found in the section, you should search for it yourself. Right-click on the menu window and select “All applications”.
- In the subsection, go to the Windows Fax and Scan category.
- When you click, you will see the program window. Find, and then mark the item “New scan”.
- A section has appeared that is used to select and mark a specific office tool.
- In the settings section, which appeared after selecting a device, we set specific parameters at our discretion.
- Next, you should find the “Scan” button.
- On the monitor you will see the very image that you scanned, or rather, its electronic version. It remains only to keep it!
In addition to this method, you can use one more method, the performance of which is guaranteed for any Windows assembly. You can use it by performing the following sequence of actions:
- Find the Start Menu
- Looking for a category called “Devices and Printers”
- We select the printer connected to the PC at the moment.
- Click on the picture with the device with the right mouse button, and select the item responsible for starting the scanning procedure.
- We set the image parameters, wait for the end of the process, and then save the resulting image.
Control Center 4
This application is a specialized tool whose task is to scan and transfer all kinds of papers using fax.
How to properly scan through a scanner
- First, you need to open the program menu and select the item “From scanner or camera”
- Then you need to set the procedure settings. This step determines which specific picture you will receive as a result: color or B / W.
- We start the procedure and save the resulting digital version of the drawing.
How to scan a document to a computer using a scanner
There are frequent cases when it becomes necessary to scan any paper or photograph. The process of obtaining an electronic version of THESE files is performed using office devices. This manual properly explains how to scan a document to a computer through a scanner.
How to scan a document to a computer: Step by step instructions
Before starting work, you should make sure that the scan function is present in the device you are using, since if the printer is intended only for printing, then it will not be able to transfer the image to the computer’s memory. Also, you need to connect the printer to your PC and to a power outlet. After connecting, you should install the device drivers, for which you need to use the disk usually included with the device.
To scan through the MFP, follow these steps:
- Place the document you need in the device frame.
- Press the button on the printer responsible for scanning.
- Configure the parameters, the window with Which will appear on the screen automatically.
- Save electronic version of paper.
In addition to this method, there is also an option in which the settings section does NOT appear after pressing the scan button on the printer. Then you have to follow this sequence:
- Find “Start”
- Find the category “Fax and Scan”
- We carry out the procedure.
What to do if the scanner does not work
Most often, if the scanner does not work, the error lies in the absence of any applications necessary for its operation. We provide a list of applications that help in the operation of the device:
- ABBYY Fine Reader. a program that reads pictures or text files.
- OCR CuneiForm is a free application also used for OCR text or pictures.
All similar programs Equipped with a similar interface. For example, we will show you working with an application called VueScan, which is also designed for OCR or photographs:
- Installing paper in the device frames.
- Run the program and check the settings.
- Setting the parameters of the scanned document.
- We start the process and save the digital version of the paper or photo.
Scan errors can also occur due to the following problems:
- You are using a non-working scanner. Office devices of this type simply break down frequently during use. The failure is not necessarily critical, but the scanner or device will not function. It also happens that faulty cables that connect the device to a laptop or network.
- Drivers are missing. They are installed from a special disk, which, as a rule, can be found in a box with a complete set.
Incorrect scan parameters or incorrect selection of the scanner, which often happens when several office tools are connected to the computer at the same time.
How to install drivers on a Canon scanner
Before I tell you how to install a driver on a scanner, let’s understand what a driver is and what it is for. And so, the driver is a special program that performs reliable pairing of the computer (OS) and the device connected to it. The operating system, for example Windows 7, already has a certain set of standard drivers and you may not need to install anything if the connected device works fine. If the connected device does not work, then first of all you need to install the driver.
How do I know if I need to install a driver on my scanner? As I said above, if the device does not work, that is, it is not detected by the computer in any way, and secondly, you need to go to the “Device Manager” (right-click on “My computer”. “Properties”. “device Manager”) and look at the status of our scanner.
If there is a yellow triangle next to the scanner name, then you need to install the driver. We double-click on our device and see:
No drivers are installed for the device.
Go to the “Driver” tab and click the “Update” button. In the window that appears, we have the opportunity to choose two options: perform a search automatically or manually.
We choose the automatic method first. Drivers will be searched both on the computer and on the Internet.
But in most cases, Windows will not be able to find drivers automatically. Therefore, further we have two options for installing the driver on the scanner: from the disk, which came with the scanner and download it on the Internet.
Installing drivers from disk
Next, I will tell you how to install drivers for a Canon scanner. Install the disk into the drive and run:
Installation options. That is, you need to choose a simple or custom installation. What’s the Difference? Easy installation involves installing all software, including drivers, utilities and instructions. With a custom installation, you can choose what you need.
I choose “Custom Installation” as I do not need all the helper programs and instructions. I tick off the most necessary.
I agree with the license agreement.
And Install the programs and drivers of my choice.
The installation process went.
The next step, collecting information, can be skipped.
Next, the program will ask you to restart your computer. We reboot and use the installed equipment.
Installing drivers over the Internet
First you need to download the driver from the official website of the equipment manufacturer. It is very important: do not download drivers from any other sites, even from such as driver.Ru and the like. The downloaded files may contain viruses or advertising that nobody needs.
Since I am installing the driver for the Canon CanoScan LiDE 700F scanner, I am going to the Canon website.
I choose the operating system for which I need a driver. I already wrote about How to find out which windows is installed on the computer.
Save drivers and programs on your computer.
Install the driver first. To do this, double-click on the downloaded file and enter the installation wizard.
We accept the terms of the agreement.
The process of installing the driver on the scanner went.
Driver installed successfully.
Now you can start installing the auxiliary programs, which are recommended by your hardware manufacturer. The process is the same as installing the driver.
The instructions for installing the driver on the scanner described in this article apply to all devices of any manufacturer. The only thing that may be different is the installer interface.
How to install a printer without an installation disc?
It is not uncommon for printer owners to lose driver discs. In addition, not all modern laptops are equipped with CD drives, so installation will not be possible even with media. In this case, you need to resort to alternative methods of installing drivers.
Using Windows Update:
- Enter “Control Panel” and open “Device Manager”.
- Expand the “Printers” section and find your model in the drop-down list. Name the device with the right mouse button and click “Update drivers”. Select the option “Automatic search” and follow the further instructions.
Manually via the website of the printing device manufacturer:
- If Windows Update cannot find the driver you are looking for, you should download it yourself.
- The actual files are most often placed on the support page of the official website of the printer manufacturer. In the same place, the user is provided with detailed instructions for installation and configuration.
- Links for downloading drivers for printers from popular manufacturers:
- HP. support.HP.com;
- Canon. canon.ru/support;
- Epson. epson.ru/suppor;
- Samsung. samsung.com/ru/support.
Installing a wired printer begins by connecting it to a power source and to a laptop or computer. For THESE purposes, the device is supplied with two corresponding cables. Established a USB connection to the computer, the printer should be turned on by pressing the power button on the case.
In most cases, Windows automatically detects a new device in the system and installs the necessary software to work with it. However, if this did not happen, the owner of the laptop or PC needs to follow these steps:
On Windows 10:
- Open the “Start” menu, go to “Settings” and select the “Devices” section.
- Named by the line “Printers and scanners”, click the “Add printer or scanner”.
- Wait for the computer to complete the search, and select the appropriate option from the proposed list. If the laptop cannot find the printing device, you must click “Update” or “The required printer is not in the list” and follow the further instructions of the system.
On Windows 7 and 8:
- Find the “Devices and Printers” section in the “Start” menu.
- Press the “Add Printer” button. Will call the option “Add a local printer” in the opened manager.
- On the Select Printer Port page, click Use Existing and Recommended.
Drivers are required for the printer to function correctly. They are usually contained on a disc, which, together with the cables, is included with the printer upon purchase. To install the drivers, you need to place the media in the drive of your laptop and wait for it to start automatically. If the disc does not open by itself, you should do it manually through “My Computer” by double-clicking on the name of the drive with the driver.
How to connect a printer to a laptop?
Let’s consider all the actions in more detail.
How to install a printer on a laptop?
The printer is a popular peripheral device that has found wide application in offices, businesses, government agencies and at home due to the ability to instantly print any documents. It is quite easy to use and does not require any special skills from the owner. However, sometimes the owners of office equipment have problems with setting it up.
After successfully connecting the printer to the laptop, it remains to complete the print setup. This procedure is carried out through the control panel of the computer. The user is required to:
- Enter the “Control Panel” and select the category “Devices and Printers”.
- Find the name of your office equipment in the list, name it with the right button and click “Print Settings”.
- In the window that opens, set the appropriate parameters: paper size, page orientation, number of copies, image quality, paper source, etc. Click the “Apply” button for the changes to take effect. The specified settings will be used when printing documents from a laptop.
How to connect a printer to a laptop via Wi-Fi?
Many modern printers can be connected to a computer via Wi-Fi. Before installing such a device, you need to make sure that the wireless function is enabled and available on it. The button with the corresponding icon allows you to find out. On most models of office equipment, it is highlighted in blue if the connection is functioning correctly. Also, to work with a wireless printer, you must have access to the Internet. After checking the connection, the user should add the printer to the system for further configuration:
- Windows 10 (same algorithm as wired printer):
- If the system does not automatically identify office equipment, open “Start”, go to “Settings”, in the “Devices” section, select “Printers and scanners”.
- Click on the “Add” button.
- If the device is not found, it will be named “The required printer is not in the list” to proceed to manual configuration.
Manual installation of the printer on a laptop is carried out in three steps. It is necessary to connect office equipment to a power supply and to a PC. Then install the current version of the drivers from the disk or from the Internet on your computer. The final step is to set up printing options for future documents. On Windows 10, wired and wireless printers are connected using the same algorithm. Slight differences are present in earlier versions of the operating system.
What has changed today
Now that I have a decent laptop with the right hardware in my hands, I again decided to return to the topic of hackintosh. Before that, I worked on MacBook Pro and Mac mini for more than five years, I studied macOS well and already know how the system should ideally work.
Today, assembling a system unit for a hackintosh is not a problem at all. There are dozens of suitable components for every position, you can even pick up the perfect components that Apple uses in Mac mini, iMac and Mac Pro.
Enthusiasts from all over the world have been assembling desktop computers for hacking for a long time and get more performance at the cost of a Mac or a computer of a similar performance several times cheaper.
Things are a little different with laptops.
What was the hackintosh at the inception stage
About ten years ago, I myself was closely interested in this topic, tried and experimented with installing macOS on an old home system unit.
I had to do a point upgrade, burn different assemblies to double-layer DVDs and sometimes select kexts for the installed PC components.
The impression was twofold. On the one hand, Apple’s operating system felt like a breath of fresh air after continuous use of Windows. Easy and pleasant interface, application in the form of a single file without the need for installation, no system registry and, as a result, no harmful viruses.
On the other hand, for comfortable work, I had to go through one assembly of the system after another for several days in a row, regularly experiment and deal with emerging problems.
At that time, my hardware did not allow macOS to work stable. I was lucky enough to see a real Mac and how the operating system worked on my system unit, and did not stand up to criticism.
Why hackintosh on a laptop
Users Who Try to Run macOS on Laptops can be roughly divided into two groups.
Some need an Apple operating system for development. It is impossible to write applications for macOS or iOS from under Windows, and working in a virtual machine has many restrictions.
Others just want to get a laptop with macOS to work for less than a MacBook.
The former are less limited in choosing a model, because they will easily survive the inoperability of one or more components. For example, problems with the operation of a webcam or card reader will not worry a programmer writing an iOS application much.
The second for comfortable work should carefully choose a laptop on which it will turn out to start all the hardware without exception.
The third option is not given here. There can be no question of any serious work with graphics or editing on a laptop with a hackintosh. It will not normally start the discrete video card yet.
All existing options have too many nuances and disadvantages. Hackintosh for graphics or video. stationary only.
For the rest, you can Get suitable analogues of MacBook / MacBook Air / MacBook Pro 13 “.
What to look for
If you choose a laptop to run macOS smoothly, experts recommend staying at ASUS Vivobook X-series or ACER Swift 3.
Both models are almost ideal for hackintosh installation, you can flexibly select the parameters to suit your needs. Judge for yourself: you can get such a laptop for 67 thousand.
It will clearly win in the basic 13-inch Proshka 90 thousand and even compete with the most charged 13-inch model for 140 thousand rubles.
In this case, the user will have a full set of ports and will NOT have a controversial touch panel. Also, don’t forget about discrete graphics that will work great under Windows, for example, for games or video editing.
If you choose a model for development, and be prepared for the fact that some components “will not start “, then you can take at least a stylish ultrabook, at least a powerful gaming machine.
In fact, only the availability of a suitable processor is important, everything else is up to (almost).
What may not start
In discrete graphics, I have already said above. Better not to rely on her when working with a hackintosh. Either immediately select a model with integrated graphics only, or completely disable the discrete card for macOS.
The third option promises long hours of dancing with a tambourine and a rather ghostly perspective.
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
This module is at risk. With a high degree of probability, you will either have to buy an external USB block, or change the internal board.
It is not difficult to do this, suitable modules are sold on the same AliExpress and change in 10-15 minutes. At the same time, after installing such a block, it will almost always turn out to launch all the pogrom chips like Handoff, Continuity, etc.
Replacing the memory card receiver is quite problematic, and the chances of launching the native one are about 50/50. If this is one of the main requirements, it is better to immediately select a model with a 100% suitable block.
Type-C and HDMI
Another place for potential problems. Modules can have a specific connection scheme, which will make it impossible for them to work in macOS.
For example, an image via HDMI on laptops with discrete graphics can be displayed precisely through a powerful card, and that, in turn, may not start in a hackintosh.
Of course, even the most hacky-friendly laptop will not be able to achieve the clarity and smoothness of the touchpad, as on the MacBook. The touchpad will either just work or refuse to start at all.
In any case, you should be prepared for the fact that you have to operate with a Magic Mouse or Apple Trackpad.
Problems arise here quite rarely, but it happens that the connection method does not allow the module to work in macOS.
For example, I ran into the following problem: the camera in macOS stopped working after replacing the Wi-Fi module. It turned out that the new block for wireless data transmission has a pair of additional contacts and, when loaded, intercepts part of the signal, and does not allow the camera to start.
The solution is trivial. carefully tape the excess contacts with tape.
Once again, I repeat that the problems described in this section can be circumvented if you correctly approach the choice of a device specifically for hackintosh.
How to install hackintosh on a Windows laptop. It does not hurt
Hackintosh (or OSx86) is a project related to the launch of the macOS operating system on personal computers from an x86 microprocessor.
A similar trend originated in 2005, when Apple officially announced its complete transition from the PowerPC platform to x86. In fact, since that time, poppies at the hardware level have ceased to differ from most Windows computers.
Entire communities of hackers are working on adapting and optimizing their own assemblies of macOS, which can be installed on computers of suitable components.
Initially, the list of supported hardware was rather scarce, but over time, Apple began to use various components, including their support in the system, and the developers learned how to run popular modules using the so-called kexts (driver analog).
What will work
Everything else will work seamlessly.
The keyboard starts (even with a numeric block), the buttons clearly work out the brightness and volume control. You can even start the backlight and its smooth adjustment with the function buttons.
On my ASUS in Windows with proprietary drivers, there are only 4 gradations of key backlighting, and in a hackintosh, the glow can be changed within 10 positions.
The system is able to correctly fall asleep and wake up, reliably display the battery charge (on some models there are problems with this).
The display, processor and storage are great. The latter requires TRIM to be enabled.
From software chips, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, Handoff are started. AirDrop works with slight interruptions (but who really uses it?). Of course, there are problems downloading applications from the Mac App Store and sharing application data via the cloud.
Even system updates can be installed without problems. Recommended Take your time with a security update. It is better to wait a couple of days after leaving for a reaction on the thematic forums.
The main thing that I feared from my past experience was poor system performance. It turns out that all this is far in the past.
Now my ASUS perfectly pretends to be a MacBook; in everyday tasks, the difference with the original Apple laptop is not visible at all. The only serious drawback is the lack of a great apple touchpad.
How to install hackintosh on a regular laptop
The main difficulty that scares many away from installing a hackintosh is the need to study sites and forums for a long time, deal with images and Kekst.
The installation process itself looks like this:
We need a clean flash drive of 8 GB or more, a Clover bootloader, and the operating system image itself (we’ll have to look for it yourself).
When macOS is deployed to a USB stick, the first hardest process begins. We need to get the system running on our hardware. To do this, you will have to constantly throw patches and fixes into the bootloader.
Everything you need can be found in one of the largest hackintosh communities osx86project or on GitHub.
When we collect the required minimum of files for our laptop, the usual installation of macOS will occur.
After installation, all that remains is to add to the system kexts for equipment and peripherals.
Finding a good hackintosh installer is pretty easy nowadays. I myself found a man for several days who helped with the installation for an adequate price.
Experienced professionals will even recommend specific laptop models or computer components before purchasing or upgrading.
If you decide to use the services of a master, everything will be much easier:
- It will only be necessary to PROVIDE the specialist with a report on the computer components so that he prepares an installation image;
- Then we will make a bootable USB flash drive according to his instructions;
- In the video call mode Let’s make a basic installation;
- The wizard will complete the final configuration and debugging yourself via TeamViewer.
Everything can take from 3 to 5 hours of time, and you don’t even have to leave the house.
In the future, such specialists are happy to advise on emerging errors or key updated systems.
And they will also help you install a bootloader to select an operating system at computer startup.
This saves a lot of time and effort, allowing you to get a computer with two operating systems: macOS for everyday tasks and Windows for games, working with discrete graphics and specific applications.
Later I will definitely share my more long-term experience of operating a hackintosh and problems that arise in the process of work.
Installing scanner drivers on Windows 10
If your scanner is more than 3 years old and the disc with the installation software does not fit the bit and version of the operating system, you should go to the website of the official manufacturer of the device and download new drivers. We have prepared for you a list of sites where you can download the necessary software:
We download the drivers, connect the scanner to the PC and start installing the drivers. We reboot the PC and check the device for operability. If this method did not work and the scanner does not work on Windows 10, then you should try the following methods.
Ways to Install Scanner on Windows 10
If you bought a new scanner and connected it to Windows 10, then after installing the current drivers, there will be NO problems with the implementation of the device. However, if you have an old scanner and Windows 10 does not see it when connected to a PC, you can configure it in the following ways.
Troubleshoot a connected scanner
If the connected scanner is not detected on a Windows 10 computer, try the following solution to the problem:
- We go to the Explorer. Find the scanner and right-click on the model name. From the list, select “Troubleshooting”.
- The tool will start. Following the prompt of the utility. The printer or scanner must be connected at this time.
If the utility did not help to solve the problem and Windows 10 does not see the scanner, you should check its installation. To do this, follow the instructions below.
- Click “Start”, “Options”, “Devices”.
- In the menu on the left, select “Printers and Scanners”. Click on the cross “Add Printer or Scanner “.
- A new window will open. We select the item “My printer is already quite old.”. Click “Next”.
- We are waiting for the system to find and install the PC to the printer itself and begin to see it.
What to do if conflicts arise between the standard Microsoft utility and the manufacturer’s scanning program?
If you figured out the problem of how to connect the device, but it is impossible to scan the document due to a conflict between the standard Scanner application from Microsoft and the native program from the manufacturer of the device itself, then follow the following instructions:
- Click “Start”, “Control Panel”, “Programs and Features” in the menu on the left, select “Turn Windows features on and off”.
- We find the branch “Document Printing Services”. Here you need to uncheck “Scan and Fax Service”, “Windows Fax and Scan”.
- Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.
Now the scanner can be used without compatibility problems between the two programs.
For information on how to connect a scanner to Windows 10, see
Where to download drivers for a laptop?
The question of where to download drivers for a laptop is perhaps the most common one. The most correct answer to it is from the official website of the manufacturer of your laptop. There it will be really free, the drivers will (most likely) have the latest current version, and you will not need to send SMS and there will be NO second problems.
Official driver download pages for popular laptop models:
- Toshiba https://emea.Dynabook.com/support/drivers/
- Asus https://www.Asus.com/ru/ (select a product and go to the “Downloads” tab.
- Sony Vaio http://www.Sony.ru/support/en/hub/COMP_VAIO (You can read here how you can install Sony Vaio drivers if they are not installed by standard methods)
- Acer http://www.Acer.ru/ac/ru/RU/content/drivers
- Lenovo http://support.Lenovo.com/ru_RU/downloads/default.Page
- Samsung https://www.Samsung.com/ru/support/download/supportDownloadMain.Do
- HP http://www8.HP.com/ru/ru/support.html
There are similar pages for other manufacturers, it is not difficult to find them. The only thing, DO NOT ask Yandex and Google queries about where to download drivers for free or without registration. After, in this case, you will be taken not to the official site (they do not write that downloading is free, it goes without saying), but to a site specially “sharpened” for your request, the content of which will not necessarily meet your expectations. over, on such sites you run the risk of Getting Not only drivers, but also viruses, Trojans, rootkits and other unhelpful vermin on your computer.
Installing drivers on a laptop
In my free time, I sometimes answer user questions on Google Q&A services and. One of the most common types of questions concerns installing drivers on a laptop, they usually sound like this:
- Installed Windows 7, how to install drivers on an Asus laptop
- Where to download drivers for a laptop of such and such a model, give a link
Etc. Although, in theory, the question of where to download and how to install drivers should not be asked, because in most cases this is obvious and does NOT cause any special problems (there are exceptions for some models and operating systems). In this article I will try to answer the most frequently asked questions related to installing drivers in Windows 7 and Windows 8. (see also Installing drivers on an Asus laptop, where to download and how to install)
How to download drivers from the official website?
Most sites for manufacturers of laptops and other digital technology have a “Support” link on all pages, or “Support” if the site is in English only. And on the support page, in turn, you can download all the necessary drivers for your laptop model for the supported operating systems. Note that if, for example, you installed Windows 8, then drivers for Windows 7 will most likely work (you may have to run the installer in compatibility mode). Installing THESE drivers is generally straightforward. A number of manufacturers have special programs on their websites for automatically downloading and installing drivers.
Automatic driver installation on laptop
One of the most frequent recommendations given to users in response to questions related to installing drivers is to use the Driver Pack Solution program, which can be downloaded for free from the site http://drp.Su/ru/. The program works as follows: after launch, it automatically detects all devices installed on the computer and allows you to automatically install all drivers. Or drivers separately.
In fact, I can’t say anything bad about this program, but nevertheless, in cases where you need to install drivers on a laptop, I do not recommend using it. The reasons for this:
- Laptops often have specific hardware. Driver Pack Solution will install a compatible driver, but it may NOT work quite adequately. this often happens with Wi-Fi adapters and network cards. In addition, for laptops, some devices are not detected at all. Pay attention to the screenshot above: 17 drivers installed on my laptop are unknown to the program. This means that if I installed them using it, it would replace them with compatible ones (to an unknown extent, for example, it might NOT work sound or not connect Wi-Fi) or WOULD NOT install at all.
- Some manufacturers in their programs for installing drivers include certain patches (fixes) for the operating system, which make the drivers work. DPS has this.
Thus, if you are NOT in too much of a hurry (automatic installation is faster than downloading and installing drivers one at a time), then I advise you to use the manufacturer’s official website. If you nevertheless decide to use a simple method, then be careful when using Driver Pack Solution: it is better to switch the program to expert mode and install the drivers on the laptop one by one, without selecting the “Install all drivers and programs” items. Also, I do not recommend leaving programs in the autostart for automatic driver updates. They, in fact, are not necessary, but they lead to slower system operation, battery discharge, and sometimes even more unpleasant consequences.
I hope the information in this article will be useful for many novice users. laptop owners.
Installing the Scanner
After turning on the scanner, you must install the driver for this device so that data transfer between the computer and the scanner becomes possible. Start by connecting the scanner to a USB port on your computer. (Read the instructions for using the scanner and find out how to connect it to your computer.)
- Turn on the scanner. Many scanners use Plug and Play technology, which allows Windows to recognize and install hardware. If your scanner supports this technology, Windows will display a “Found new hardware” message that appears in the notification area at the lower right corner of the taskbar. Most Plug-and-Play devices are installed automatically, so nothing else is required from the user. If the driver did not automatically install, it may mean that the scanner does not support Plug-and-Play technology, or Windows has not found a driver for this device. In this case, Click on the messages “Found new hardware” and continue installing the driver.
- In the Find New Hardware Wizard window, which will appear only if the automatic connection of Windows to the Update Center is not prohibited, first click on the Yes button, only this time, and then on the Next button.
- If you have a scanner driver CD, insert it into your CD-ROM drive and click Next. Then Windows will find the drivers for the scanner and install them.
- Run the command Start Control Panel. In the search box, enter the word scanner. Several links will be displayed. Click the View Scanners and Cameras link. In the Scanners and Cameras window Click the Add Device button.
- In the opened window of the scanner or camera installation wizard Click the Next button. In the next window of the wizard Click on the list of scanner manufacturers displayed on the left side of the window and select your scanner model from the list displayed case.
- Follow the instructions in the Scanner Model Installation Wizard if your scanner came with a CD or DVD containing drivers and software. If such a disk is available, Windows will help you download the programs you need from the Internet. When all the necessary steps for installing the scanner are completed, Click on the Finish button to complete the installation.
Changing Scanner Settings
After installing your scanner, you may want to review your settings or change the default settings. To do this, run the command Start Control Panel. In the search box on the control panel window, enter the word scanner and press.
- In the control panel window Click on the displayed link View scanners and cameras.
- The Scanners and Cameras window displays a list of installed scanners. First click on any scanner in the Scanners and Cameras area, and then on the Scan Profiles button.
- In the Scan Profiles dialog box, select your scanner and click the Change button. In the Change Default Profile dialog box, SEE the settings, which may include (depending on your scanner model) color management for correct reproduction of scanned colors and resolution settings. (The higher the resolution, the sharper and clearer the electronic document, but it may take longer to scan).
- Click the Save Profile button, and after returning to the Properties Dialog Box, double Click the Close button to close the Scan Profiles and Scanners and Cameras windows.
Once you’re ready to turn on the scanner, place the document you want to scan into it. Depending on the scanner model, this document can be placed on the scanner and covered with a lid or through the tray. Look in the instructions for the scanner how to start the scanning procedure (for example, click on the Scan or Start button). The computer will automatically detect the start of the scan process, display a Dialog box showing the scan progress, and prompt you to view and save the scanned item.