How to set up for Samsung to offer a choice from which SIM card to call or so that all calls go from the desired SIM card
Don’t know how to set up on Samsung so that the phone offers a choice from which SIM card to call? On this page you will find instructions on how to make the phone offer a choice from SIM-1 or SIM-2 for outgoing calls, as well as configure so that all calls go only from the desired SIM card.
1) The first way is how to set up Samsung to offer a choice from which SIM card to call:
– Open “Settings” on your phone or tablet.
– In the settings we find the item “SIM card manager.
– Next, in the menu that opens, we find “Voice call” and in the window that opens, select “Always ask”.
Now when you want to make a call, the phone will offer from which SIM card to make a call from SIM-1 or SIM-2. Also, if desired, in the Samsung settings, you can select the desired SIM card from the two with which all calls will automatically go.
2) The second way is how to configure the choice of SIM card for calls on a Samsung phone. Suitable for Samsung Android 10, 9 smartphones:
The article was posted on February 14, 2017. Edited 06.04.
Installing a SIM card
Traditionally, manufacturers place card holders on the right side of the case (if the cover is not removable), or directly under the battery if it comes out. The following instructions are suitable for owners of the latter type of gadgets:
- Check if your phone is off.
- Detach the back panel.
- Find a small indentation between the case and the battery.
- Remove the battery.
- There you will see the SIM card slots. They are of different types: separate and two-story. The side to be held up when inserting will be shown next to the holder. As a rule, it is inserted with gold contacts down.
- Insert the battery gently back. Check that it fits snugly.
- Return the cover until it clicks. They will mean that the lid is in place.
In the video, you can see how to deal with modern models that do not have a cover removed:
And here’s another video with a useful life hack:
Installing a SIM card in the slot of the battery compartment
There are 2 ways to insert a SIM card into the device. The SIM card can be installed in the slot of the battery compartment, in other words, inside the phone itself. The installation procedure will be as follows:
- The user will need to turn off the device so that there are no interruptions in work and the possible deletion of some files;
- Often, the memory card is also installed in the slot of the battery compartment, so you will have to install the SIM and MicroSD at the same time. You need to turn the phone over and remove the back cover of the device. The device contains a battery that needs to be removed to open access to the slots;
- Slots can be marked with SIM and MicroSD icons, but if they are not there, then yellow shiny contacts will be visible in the SIM card compartment for synchronization with the chip. It is necessary to install both cards so that they are located according to their sizes and contacts: the thin part of the MicroSD should be inside the device, and the inscriptions should be located with the front side towards the user. In the case of a SIM card, the microcircuit must be synchronized with the device inside, and the yellow contacts of the phone must match the gold chip of the card. The operator’s logo on the SIM card must be located towards the user with the front side;
- Next, you need to insert the battery of the device back and turn it on to check the operation. The gadget should display the SIM in the upper left or right corner (depending on the phone). It is also necessary to check the operation of MicroSD by going to the gallery and viewing the files. If everything is displayed correctly and the phone does not issue the “No SIM-card” command, then you can close the case cover and continue working with the phone.
Mobile communications and the Internet are available throughout the day thanks to smartphones and small card modules produced by cellular providers. That is why you need to take good care of them, monitor their condition and serviceability. The more gadgets are released, the easier it becomes to use the SIM. their size decreases and the possibilities grow. We hope this article was helpful to you and you received easy-to-read instructions on how to handle them in different situations.
How to put a regular SIM card in a phone with Nano-SIM
Having a slot for a Nano-SIM, the user should ask the provider for a combo card. Cutting off small SIM cards is inconvenient, since there is a possibility of malfunction during operation. The user should remove the micro-SIM from the mini-SIM by pressing the SIM card with his finger. It will fall out of the mount. After that, you need to pull out the nano-SIM from the micro-SIM (you can see the reverse diagram of removing the card in the picture above). Insert the small nano-SIM into the battery compartment, or clip into the hybrid tray.
To avoid a problem, handle trays and card modules with care. Do not let dirt get inside the phone, carefully cut the edges. If you can’t do something, contact the master. The gadget will still be useful to you, do not break it.
This operator has a huge number of models for every taste, wallet and with different technical characteristics. You will learn how to insert a SIM card into Samsung in two different ways: under the back cover and into the side slot with a pull-out tray. We will also tell you why the smartphone may not see the card and how to solve this problem.
Incorrectly cut sim card
You are not dealing with an ordinary piece of plastic, but with a complex microcircuit. The slightest mistake will cause the SIM card to stop functioning. If the trimming is done incorrectly, contact your mobile operator. The service point will replace your device, keeping your tariff plan and current balance. Examine the markings for accurate orientation.
If there are no staplers for SIM in the communication shops, some manage to cut the cards themselves with simple scissors. Nobody teaches them this, everyone learns this on their own.
The procedure is very primitive. In addition to the fact that you need to be able to cut accurately, you need to know what size and what kind of mowing line to cut. To do this, you need to have a special stencil template for cutting the SIM card.
To cut the SIM card to the required size:
- Download Template.
- Print it on A4 size.
- Select the desired SIM card format and cut it out along the contour.
- After cutting, we glue it to the SIM card for easy cutting.
- Cut carefully.
This is what cropping to micro-SIM will look like:
If the cut out SIM card does not quite fit into the slot in the phone, it can be corrected with sandpaper or a sturdy nail file. It is extremely important not to hit the chip with the edges of the scissors, if it is damaged, it will refuse to work, and the SIM card will become unusable.
Specific features of the SIM slot in the Galaxy A5
Today there are several modifications of Samsung Galaxy A5 smartphones. They differ among themselves not only in technical characteristics, but also in the location of the SIM card slot and its capabilities:
- Galaxy A5 phones manufactured prior to early 2016 have two connectors. The first is for installing Nano-SIM. The card placed in it will be determined by the system as the main one. The second tray is hybrid, that is, you can insert either a second SIM card into it, or expand the memory using Micro SD. Both card collectors are located on the right side of the mobile phone.
- The 2016 gadgets have one hybrid connector located on the right side of the device under the Power key. As in the first case, you can install two Nano-SIM or SIMMicro SD in it.
- New modifications, which were released in 2017, are equipped with two slots. The first (main), located on the left side of Samsung, accepts Nano cards. The second tray is located at the top and is complex. Thanks to this approach, it will be possible to simultaneously place two SIM cards and Micro SD memory in the phone.
In all versions of the Galaxy A5, the connectors are opened using the metal ejector supplied with the device. However, if it is absent, you can use a regular staple, having previously unbent one of its ends, or with a needle.
SIM card trim for Samsung Galaxy A5
If you have a Mini or Micro SIM card in hand, you will need to trim it to Nano format before installing. Here you need to choose one of three options:
- Use the services of a master. You can remake a sim card at almost any point where mobile devices are distributed. For these purposes, sellers use a special device. SIM-cutter.
- Order a new card at your operator’s customer service point. To do this, you will need a passport and an old SIM card, which you will need to hand over.
- Trim yourself. Although this procedure is not difficult, it requires utmost attention and concentration, since even the slightest deviation of the cutter can damage the microcircuit and damage the product.
If the third option was chosen, you will need the following tools and materials to complete your plan:
- b / w or color printer;
- sharp knife or scissors;
- blank A4 paper;
- cutting template;
- scotch tape or PVA glue.
The sequence of work will be as follows:
- Find a SIM card cut template online and print it on paper. You can download this document from the website http://beeline365.ru/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Nano_SIM.pdf.
- Glue your SIM card to the template. If the old card is in Mini format, use the MiniSIM to NanoSIM scheme. For Micro size, the MicroSIM to NanoSIM template is suitable. For the correct fixation of the SIM card, be guided by the cut corner.
- Following the printout, remove excess plastic from the SIM card with a knife or scissors. To avoid damage to the microcircuit, be extremely careful and do not make sudden movements.
- Sand the edges of the card with fine-grained sandpaper.
Self-installation of a SIM card in Samsung Galaxy A5
Most modern phone manufacturers are gradually ditching the old Mini-SIM format. They are replaced by compact Micro- and Nano-SIM. This approach makes it possible to reduce the size of mobile devices and make them more convenient to use. In this aspect, Samsung did not invent anything new and equipped its Galaxy A5 smartphone with a slot for a Nano SIM card. And if you decide to purchase this device to replace an outdated mobile phone, be prepared for the fact that you will have to cut off the card in hand. Let’s figure out how to correctly insert a SIM card into Samsung Galaxy A5.
Installing a SIM card in the Galaxy A5
The Nano-SIM is installed in the following sequence:
- Turn off your smartphone. Failure to do so may result in burnout of the power controller or power amplifier.
- Take a metal ejector, insert it into the hole on the slot cover, and press down a little.
- When the tray leans forward a little, open it by pulling on the protruding end.
- Place the SIM card in the card holder. If necessary, insert a second SIM card or microSD memory.
- Return the slot to its original state by pressing on it with your finger.
After the connector is in place, turn on the phone and check if the SIM-card is detected. If everything is done correctly, the signal strength of the network will be shown on the screen of the mobile phone. If the display shows the message like “Insert SIM”, try to remove the card and install it again.
How to insert a SIM card into Samsung A5?
Newer smartphones are getting bigger and smaller components. Nano-type SIM cards are now used. If you have a new large SIM card issued after 2011, you can cut it with a special device. It is better to reissue old cards because they stop working after trimming.
To install the SIM card into the phone, we will use the supplied pin to slide out the compartment for the SIM card and flash drive. Next, insert the card and push it back into the phone. The compartment on the left side is intended for the card. The upper compartment is for the card. For clarity, I suggest looking at
How to open the back cover of Samsung Galaxy A5 2017?
This question may appear if the battery or display needs to be replaced. For opening you need a thin spatula or something similar to it. Just watch the beginning of this video here:
How to Factory Reset Samsung A5?
To reset all settings to factory defaults, do the following:
- Turn off a fully charged device.
- Press three buttons simultaneously: “Volume”, “Home”, “Power on”
- When the logo appears, release all buttons.
- After 5-10 seconds, the “Recovery menu” will be entered and the robot’s logo will appear. Press “Power on” and at the same time “Volume”. Release both buttons.
- We go to the item “Wipe data / factory reset”. The cursor is moved by “Volume”, you need to confirm by “Switching on”.
- Select “Yes. delete all user data” when prompted and then click “Enable” once to reboot.
If you misunderstand, watch the Galaxy A5 2017 reset video:
Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017): How to insert the SIM card? Installation Tutorial
How to take a screenshot on Samsung A5?
You can get a screen on the Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 by holding down the power button on the right side and the bottom button on the left side. After about three seconds, you will hear a sound similar to a camera shutter release. A beep means the screen has been photographed. What happened can be found in the gallery.