Find hidden apps on iPhone via Siri
Siri. a good virtual assistant that can execute many commands from iPhone users, making it more convenient when you don’t know how to find hidden apps on iPhone. Just tell Siri which app you want to open. But note that Siri won’t tell you which folder the hidden app is in.
6 Easy Ways to Find Hidden Apps on iPhone 11 Pro / 11 / XR / XS / X / 8/7/6
Will you hide some apps on your iPhone in case others find your phone? Have you ever wondered if there are any hidden apps on your kid’s or boy’s iPhone? If you want to find hidden apps on your own iPhone or other people’s iPhone that you have access to, in this article you will find 6 easy ways.
Reset iPhone Home Screen Layout
If you still can’t find hidden apps on iPhone using the methods above, try resetting your home screen layout to find the app. But please note that after the reset, all the application folders you created will be deleted. So you need to create them again after this process.
Find Hidden Apps on iPhone with Spotlight Search
Apple Spotlight Search enables iPhone users to find content on iPhone more conveniently. It provides you with personalized search suggestions based on your app usage, browsing history, messages, contacts, media, and other content. So if you want to find hidden apps on iPhone, this will be the easiest way to try.
Find hidden apps on iPhone by restoring iPhone backups
If you continued to use iCloud or iTunes to back up your iPhone, you can try to find hidden apps by restoring your iPhone backups. Like this.
Restore iPhone with iCloud Backup
Find hidden apps in iPhone app folders
Hidden apps can often be found in the app folders on the iPhone home page. There is a trick to easily find hidden apps in app folders.
You can repeat this process with other app folders on your iPhone to find hidden apps.
Top 6 Methods to Find Hidden Apps on iPhone
Show iOS Apps via App Store
Apps purchased from the App Store can be hidden on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, so if you want to find hidden apps on iPhone try the App Store.
How to find iphone via find iphone
Recently, our editorial office received a question: “How to track the location of your child using his iPhone?” The answer is simple, the fastest and most convenient way to properly configure the “Find iPhone” function on the device of the person we want to track.
You can track not only your children and close relatives. I, the administrator of the ApplePosts.ru site, often use the Find iPhone function in order to determine the location of my wife. It is important for me to know where she is, and if everything is fine with her.
How to properly set up Find iPhone to locate your child, relative or other half.
Step 1. Make sure that you know the username and password from the Apple ID account of the required person. Or you can use your account in iCloud settings.
You can explain why you need a login and password in the usual way. You need to set up Find iPhone to instantly find your iPhone if it is lost or stolen, and to quickly delete all personal files from your lost phone.
Step 2. Go to iCloud settings to set up Find iPhone on the phone of the person we want to track.
Go to “Settings”, then to “iCloud”, enter your username and password from your Apple ID account. Or enter the username and password from the Apple ID of the tracked person, you must know it.
It is better, of course, to enter data from your account, the password from which can only be changed by you.
Step 3. Set up Find My iPhone.
In order to determine the location of a person, it is necessary to configure only the “Find iPhone” function in the “iCloud” settings. Other functions, if you will not use them, it is better to turn off.
Step 4. Find the location of the desired iPhone or iPad
There are two ways to find a location: Find My iPhone and iCloud.com
Method 1. Find a person using Find iPhone.
Download the Find My iPhone app on your iPhone or iPad
Open the application and enter the username and password from the Apple ID of the device that you need to find
Determine the location of the monitored vehicle
Example: Three machines are set up for the same Apple ID account. The program shows the location of all three devices.
Method 2. Find iPhone via iCloud.com
Follow the link http://iCloud.com and enter the username and password from the Apple ID of the device that you need to find
Select the Find My iPhone app from the home screen
As you can see, I was able to find all my 3 devices via iCloud.com. over, the full functionality of the Find iPhone function is preserved. You also can:
But most importantly, now you can track the location of the person you need. Provided that the device is turned on and has Internet access.
How to Find iPhone via iCloud and Find My iPhone?
If you or someone you know has lost your iPhone, you urgently need to track its location. Perhaps the device is not far away, and it will be possible to return it. If you are sure that your iPhone has been stolen, you can erase information from it so that it does not fall into the hands of intruders. All of this can be done using built-in Apple apps. For example, the Find iPhone feature will definitely come in handy. It is installed on every device by default, but not all users have it activated. How to turn on Find My iPhone and how to find my iPhone using iCloud.
How to Track iPhone Using Find my iPhone App?
Some people don’t see Find My iPhone and take a long time to find where it is. The fact is that it was recently renamed “Locator”. This is what confuses many users.
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on your name at the top of the page to open the Apple ID page.
- Click on the tab labeled “Latitude”.
- On the next page, activate the “Share location” switch so that it turns green.
- Open Find My iPhone at the top of the screen. Start sharing your location (tap the toggle to turn green).
- Tap the switches next to Turn Offline Search and Last Location. Turn on all of these features if you want more information about where your iPhone is.
You can now track your iPhone using the Find iPhone app on another Apple device.
How to find an iPhone using the iCloud website?
If you don’t have an iPhone or iPad at your fingertips, you can easily find your iPhone from your computer. Here’s what you need to do for this:
- In any web browser, go to https://www.iCloud.com/#find. You may need to sign in with your Apple ID and password, but you will not need to enter a two-factor authentication code as it assumes you do not have a phone and therefore cannot receive a code.
- Click All Devices to see a list of all your devices.
- Click on a lost device to see where it is.
At this point, you can zoom in or out on the map to get a better view of the location and find your lost iPhone. You can also erase the contents of your phone. This should only be done if the iPhone is stolen or allegedly lost forever.
So iCloud helps you find your iPhone too. Let’s move on to the third method, how you can quickly find out where the iPhone is.
How to track someone else’s iPhone with Family Sharing?
Using Family Sharing, you can track the phones of up to five people. To do this, you will need to get their permission. This feature can come in handy when you need to quickly find out where another person is. Setting it up is pretty easy:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- Click on your name at the top of the screen
- Click Set Up Family Sharing
- Click Invite Family Members. Then choose how you want to invite them to track: Invite via iMessage or Invite in person. In the second case, your family member will be prompted to enter their Apple ID and password directly on your iPhone.
- After accepting the invitation, your family member will also need to turn on the Location feature (they will be prompted to do this).
Once you turn on Family Sharing, you can track the phones of anyone you add to your family group.
Now you know three different ways to find your lost iPhone.
Special applications and programs for iPhone search
To find your lost device, you can use a third-party application, for example, Find My Friends. The program works through the iCloud cloud service. Its main purpose. quickly determine the location of iPhone owners via GPS and 3G of those subscribers whose numbers are entered in the phone book.
The app also expands the capabilities of the Find My iPhone program. You can exchange data on the location of an object more than between two devices. Information about location data will be sent to any iOS device. The application also has a built-in parental control function. The program works with cards by contacts. The user will be able to continue the fast path to his friend. This function is especially useful if the guest does not know the way, and the inviter cannot personally meet and accompany the guest.
For security purposes, the user will be able to configure a “time window” during which other subscribers will receive information about his location. The interval can range from several hours to several weeks. Upon completion, the data transfer will be completed. The user can also completely “hide” from the outside world. The application also provides a “follow” function, with which you can send information about your movement to another subscriber within a certain period of time.
That is, using the Find My Friends program, you can easily find your lost phone. The application is available for devices with iOS 5 and higher. Let’s take a closer look at how to use the application.
The program will only work between devices on which the application is installed. You can add contacts only from iPhone, iPad or iPod by number or email address. The addressee must confirm the request to provide their location data. If contacts were added to the phone book from another Apple ID, they will have to be dragged into the new account:
- 1. “Find friends” “I”.
- 2. “Move friends from another Apple ID” “Move friends”.
- 3. Log in to the system by specifying the previous identifier.
How to Use Find My iPhone to Track Your Lost or Stolen iOS Device
To hide your location from other subscribers, you need to log in to the program, go to the “Me” section and disable the “Share location” function.
To turn off the display of information about your movements, you need to scroll to the “Share location” item in the “Settings” menu. Login iCloud and deactivate the option.
If the device is lit in offline mode in the Find iPhone application, it means that it is not connected to the network. That is, it will not be possible to carry out any manipulations remotely. It remains only to wait until it is connected to the network. A message will be sent to the e-mail address specified during registration about the activation of the Lost Mode.
If the screen was locked, then you will not have to wait long. It is enough to knock down the settings to the factory settings or reflash the phone. After that, the device will be reconnected to the network and the owner will be able to block it.
If Touch ID has not been enabled on the iPhone, and Lost Mode has not been activated, an attacker will be able to use the device. At the same time, disable the search function, it will not be able to restore iTunes. Also how to change Apple ID.
Notification of friends in social networks
It will also be useful to inform all social networks about the missing iPhone. Perhaps you just forgot the device with someone you know.
How to find your iPhone if it’s turned off
You must log in to the service website by entering your username and password. The registration information must match the one in the iCloud of the lost iPhone.
In the service menu, select the “Find iPhone” item. A city map will open. In the top All Devices tab, select your lost iPhone. The screen will display its location.
As long as Lost Mode is activated on the iPhone, you can lock the iPhone using a random set of numbers. If at this moment the device is connected to the network, then it is immediately blocked until the code is reset. If the phone is offline, then a message will be sent to the specified email box indicating the location.
The quality of the maps in the app is poor. Sometimes a city with a population of 200,000 may be located at the intersection of two roads. You can try to find an iPhone by switching the map to hybrid or satellite mode.
In Lost Mode, you can also send a message to the iPhone asking you to return the device.
A couple more methods
If none of the above options helped, then you can use these methods.
Find iPhone by IMEI or Phone Number
IMEI. this is a unique phone number. it is assigned to the device by the manufacturer. It’s almost impossible to change this code yourself. To find out it is enough to dial the key combination #.
There are special services on the network for finding the iPhone via IMEI. Their principle of operation is similar to that described earlier. The user specifies a unique iPhone code and activates a search based on geolocation data. In practice, finding an iPhone in this way is almost impossible because:
- It is extremely rare, but cybercriminals still manage to change IMEI.
- To search for an iPhone, you need access to special equipment and operator databases. Such information is available only from law enforcement agencies.
The only way to find iPhone is by code. is to place an ad on the LoSToleN service. This is the IMEI database of stolen devices. Their owners publish information about the lost phone and indicate the amount of the reward. Participants in the secondary market often check the devices for the presence of information in the database.
Can i find a lost or stolen iPhone
The hardest thing to track down is an iPhone with a dead battery. The latest generation operating system has built-in tracking functionality. Before disconnecting, the iPhone sends an SMS indicating the location. But the function can be used only after its activation. This way, you can easily track down a lost iPhone that is running iOS 8 with the battery disconnected.
How to work with the function “Find iPhone” for a beginner: location, activation, management
In the modern world, a lost or stolen phone is a big problem for a person, as it can entail various negative consequences. Not only is the loss of the device itself is no longer good, since the phone is now worth a lot, and it’s a pity to throw your honestly earned money down the drain, and, secondly, the phone’s memory stores a lot of personal information that is not intended for strangers. for example, personal photos, correspondence, bank card details, etc.
So how do you fix this problem? Apple has provided this option for a long time and equipped the iOS operating system with the protective function “Find iPhone”.
Apple generally pays special attention to the security of its products, for example, consider a Mac computer, for them, as you know, special antivirus programs are not produced, since, due to the peculiarities of this operating system, they are not needed here. The same applies to the mobile operating system iOS, the newer the version of the iPhone or iPad, the easier it becomes to protect your smartphone from theft.
Help in finding an iPhone that has been lost or stolen will be provided by a special application developed specifically for the iOS operating system. “Find iPhone”, which we will tell you about in more detail.
For this method, you will need to borrow an iPhone or iPad from a friend with the “Find iPhone” application installed, if there is none, download it. Further, after entering the application, you need to log in under your Apple ID and after the login is completed, a map with the geo-location of your lost device will be displayed.
Disabling the feature by disabling all iCloud features
- On the “Home” screen, we find the “Settings” shortcut and go there.
- Click on your name and go directly to iCloud.
- We find the inscription “Find iPhone” and move the slider to the inactive state (it will not turn green, but gray).
How the function works
Find iPhone allows the user to:
- Determine the geographic location of the lost device. However, there is one BUT, this can only be done if your lost gadget has access to the Internet. Perhaps, in the future, this function will be upgraded, which will allow you to find out the location of the Iphone even without an Internet connection, it would be very convenient;
- Remotely erase all information from your smartphone;
- Play a beep to help locate your smartphone if it is nearby. Or if you do not remember where you put your phone, then you can also use this function;
- And most importantly, you can activate the Lost Mode, which will lock the iPhone, and, as a result, it will no longer be possible to use this gadget, it can only be sold for spare parts for a penny.
How to find iPhone from computer via iCloud
To locate your device and start tracking and searching for it, you need to do the following:
- To get started, open the iCloud.com page in a browser.
- Go through authorization using your Apple ID details (username and password).
- After logging into iCloud, the screen will open the entire desktop of the smartphone, which will also have the “Find iPhone” application, enter it.
Disconnect on Windows and Mac OS X
- Open iCloud.com in a browser on your personal computer and log in with your Apple ID.
- In the panel at the very top, expand the All Devices tab.
- From the list that opens, you need to select the device on which you will disable the function.
- The next step will open full information about the device and you will need to click on the “Delete” button and confirm your action in the window that appears.
- In the additional window that opens, enter your password for the account.
After such simple actions, a confirmation will be sent to your smartphone that the Find iPhone function is disabled, and it will be deactivated immediately when the smartphone is connected to the Internet.
When you enable the Lost Mode function, you can remotely display a message with your contact information on the smartphone screen. You can come up with the text of the message yourself, however, there is already a default template: “This phone was lost. Please, call me”.
What programs can be used to search
If the owner needs to find an iPhone by IMEI, he can use special programs. The utilities allow you to check where the gadget is currently located. You should be careful, some services ask you to pay a set amount to get the data. These sites do not always show the information you need. It is not recommended to give money to unverified resources.
The easiest way is to use the standard Find My Phone feature. It is enough to install the application on your computer and launch it. The program interface is similar to that used on the iPhone. The user can now enter their Name to find out the location of their gadget. The number scanning process can take from 1 to 7 minutes. After that, information on where the cell phone is located will appear on the map.
Find iPhone by IMEI
No one is safe from theft or loss of a gadget. In order for the owner to be able to find the lost device, the company has provided several additional functions. User can find iPhone by IMEI. This is a code that consists of fifteen characters. It acts as an identifier for the gadget. With its help, you can determine where the cell phone is at the moment.
Using services online
Customer can find lost iPhone by IMEI via satellite. For this, several online services are provided. Also, the company of the cellular operator, the services of which the client uses, will help to find out the location of the gadget. There are several situations in which it is possible to use such a service:
- Previously, the user has already connected a special service on his SIM card to track the position of a cell phone. Activation of such an option is performed through a code command or in a personal profile.
- If the owner of the lost smartphone went to the police and filed a statement about the theft of the iPhone. After that, an official request is made, where it is indicated by the Name of the phone.
All services that can be used to perform a search cannot establish the position of the gadget in real time. They only show information that the gadget has been stolen or lost. Such lists are replenished by the owners of the gadget. It is also customary to write the amount of remuneration there if the cell is returned.
- Online services are unstable, they often give errors or do not work.
There are a large number of sites on the Internet that offer the client to establish the location of the gadget. In this case, a certain fee is charged for the search service. It is not recommended to use such portals. After entering the data of the phone number or Have on the map, only the region and country will be displayed. The client will not be able to receive other data, since the site cannot use the geolocation of the smartphone.
Can the user find the location of the smartphone by the code
To search for a lost device yourself, you need to have access to its serial number. The manufacturer assigns an individual code to each gadget. The user cannot change it on his own. But you can get information about him. To do this, you should look at the box from the iPhone or dial #.
On the network, you can find special online services that make it possible to find an iPhone by its serial number. The search is carried out thanks to geodata. For the option to be available, an Internet connection is required on the smartphone. If the network on the device is active, it remains to enter a fifteen-digit number in the search bar. Then the program will start looking for the lost smartphone. Still, there are situations when tracking the location of the phone will be impossible. This happens under the following circumstances:
- attackers were able to change the current smartphone (it happens very rarely);
- to find a gadget, you will need to have access to equipment and services that are available only to law enforcement agencies.
If a client wants to track his smartphone through a computer on his own, without asking the police for help, you can use the LoSToleN service. This portal works online, where the user can upload information about his gadget. Here you should indicate what amount of remuneration is guaranteed for the return of the cell. Further information appears in the database.
“Find iPhone” option on the gadget
The easiest way is to search for iPhone by IMEI using a special service from Apple. To find a gadget on a map, the owner must first activate the function on the cell phone. If the option is active, then it will not be difficult to search. Honor also says that the service works if the gadget is connected to the Internet and is not discharged. If you need to find a cell phone, you should follow these instructions:
- the client opens a browser on his stationary computer;
- the name of the iCloud site is indicated in the search bar;
- then the user must complete the authorization procedure in the system;
- password and account access code are specified;
- a menu will open on the screen, in it you need to click on the item “Find iPhone”;
- you will need to authorize again, but now in the service;
- as soon as the login is completed, the owner will see the location of his smartphone on the map;
- location is indicated by a green dot;
- if you click on the green dot, the client will see several options that can be used;
- for example, you can play a sound signal, this will allow you to quickly find a gadget if it is not far away;
- the client can also activate the “Lost Mode”, after pressing the key, a four-digit code is indicated;
- on the next page a new contact number is entered;
- additionally, the amount of remuneration for returning the smartphone is prescribed;
- when the settings are set, it remains to press the “Apply” button;
- as soon as the activation is completed, an orange inscription will appear on the left side of the screen;
- the screen of the stolen gadget will display the contact number and the text of the message.
- If the user has found his smartphone, he must deactivate the “Lost Mode”. To do this, authorization is performed in the “Find iPhone”, then in the desired item select “Exit Lost Mode”.
How to track your phone if it’s turned off
There are situations when the battery of the smartphone has run out. Attackers can also disable the device so that it cannot be found. It is impossible to track a cell phone that is turned off. But the client can see the latest data of the position of the phone on the map. To do this, you can use the iCloud service. After logging into the system, the client can click on the “My devices” section. Next, the smartphone that you want to track is selected. The map will show the location where the program last saw it.
- Only those clients using iOS 8 and higher can connect the option to show the latest location. When the user uses the iPhone 4 smartphone, the function will be unavailable to him. It is recommended to configure the service in advance. To do this, the client goes to the section with settings. Next, the item “iCloud” is selected in the list. From the list, click on the “Find My iPhone” button. A new list will be displayed on the screen, a slider is located next to the “Send Last Location” option, it is moved to the active position.
What to do if the gadget could not be found
If the client has used all the search methods, but they did not give any result, it is recommended to first block the iPhone SIM card. To do this, you need to call the telecom operator and enter your data. After that, the card will be blocked. You can also ask to locate the smartphone, but in 99% of cases, a refusal follows. In order for the operation to be performed, a request from law enforcement agencies is required. Therefore, the user must go to the police and write a report about the theft of the gadget. In order for the application to be complete, it is required to indicate the following data:
- passport of a citizen of Russia;
- packaging and a receipt confirming the purchase of a smartphone;
- you need to provide a mobile phone;
- you should take your warranty card with you.
In the statement, the owner indicates under what circumstances the theft or loss of the cell phone took place. You should also write down the date when it happened. But it is necessary to understand that contacting the authorities does not always give a result. The application can be considered within thirty days. For this reason, it is best to use other available search methods. You should contact the police as a last resort.
The user can find his iPhone by Name, for this there are online services and special programs. Also, the search is carried out through the “Find iPhone” function, if it is activated on the smartphone. When all methods have failed, you will have to contact the police.
Option 2. The phone is lost and there is no access to it
It is a very offensive situation when access to the phone was lost and no measures were previously taken to possibly protect it from such a situation. Or maybe it’s not your phone, but you desperately need to know its location? And in these cases, there are some things you can do.
Detective agencies have existed at any time, and in the age of high technology, their resources are practically limitless. While researching this problem, I turned to an Internet search and found something on this subject. The site rozshuk.com.ua, which will be discussed, is not an advertisement, but is given only as an example, its services are relevant for the residents of Ukraine, but I am sure that there will be similar organizations in Russia.
So, being specialists, the representatives of this site claim that it is more than realistic to find a person by phone number and are ready to confirm this upon receipt of the corresponding application through the form on their website.
Find iPhone by phone number
Quite often we all find ourselves in situations where we urgently need to find or track an iPhone. The reasons can be very different:
- Phone theft or loss
- Desire to look after your child
- Commercial vehicle driver tracking and many more.
It is necessary, then it is necessary, and if you take care of the preparations in advance, the iPhone will be found. On the web, you can find a ton of online services that provide iPhone search services, but most of them are nothing more than fake. However, there are some that do offer the information you need.
Search iPhone through a mobile operator
The development of technology has reached the point where operators can easily find out the location of the phone that is on their network. This is done by the triangulation method: the time of arrival of the signal from the iPhone to the three nearest cell towers is determined, knowing that it is easy to find the intersection point of all three lines and tie it to the terrain.
An example of a search for operators Megafon and MTS
Many may think: “To find a phone like this, you need to provide strong evidence of the need for an operation and no one will do it just like that”
In fact, this is perhaps one of the easiest ways to find the iPhone’s location at any time. Almost every mobile operator has a service that can be called “Supervised child” or something similar. You just need to connect to it, and you do not need to install any add-ons, everything will work without them.
Thus, you can always find your family and friends, your own phone or the phone of an employee, lost during a trip or stolen.
Option 1. The phone is with you, but there is a desire to track it
Search iPhone using apps
- Find My iPhone is a native Apple service that provides a very rich search experience, a separate review is devoted to this application. The peculiarity of the correct operation of the “Find iPhone” application is the need for an Internet connection.
- Tracker Plus is a very handy program for business people. To some extent, it duplicates the capabilities of the previous application, but at the same time Tracker Plus also knows how to build routes along which the phone moved and has a number of additional useful functions. For this application to work correctly, the phone must be allowed to use Geolocation, the Internet connection is not required for it.
Obvious actions that are forgotten
First of all, we will look at the standard measures that should be taken when losing absolutely any phone, not only from Apple.
- Call your mobile. If the device fell out somewhere nearby or is at your home at all, but where you were not looking for it, then thanks to the call you will be able to quickly find the phone. If he is lost on the street, then a passer-by can pick him up, and the further development of events depends only on his moral qualities. However, most people make contact, either realizing that they will find the phone anyway, or guided by a banal desire to help. If you do not have a device from which you can make a call, then you can find services for online calls on the Internet.
- Perform a password change on your accounts. If you are unable to remotely lock the device because you have not activated this function before, we recommend that you change the passwords in all accounts that are logged in to the phone as soon as possible.
- If you are afraid of wasting funds from your account, then you can visit the mobile office of your operator and ask to block the SIM card. But this is a very controversial measure: on the one hand, blocking will prevent the loss of funds on the account, but it will deprive you of the opportunity to contact the person who found the phone, and also disable Internet access, which will not allow you to find the smartphone through Find My Phone. If you resort to it, then only if information about new expenses appears in the Personal Account of the operator.
How to find iPhone by phone number
Determining the location of a device by phone number is a difficult task. This can only be done by an operator, and when you contact Subscribers Support, you will most likely hear that the company does not have such a technical capability, which is an obvious cunning. But in any case, such information is disclosed solely at the request of law enforcement agencies, and it is almost impossible to achieve it personally.
How to Find iPhone from Computer via iCloud. Using Find My Phone
If you have activated this function on your phone in advance, then the search for a gadget will be much easier. It is better to turn on FMP immediately after buying a new iPhone so that at a critical moment you will not be left without the main search tool.
Find My Phone is activated as follows:
- Go to Settings, select iCloud.
Now directly to how to find iPhone from computer via iCloud.
- Go to iCloud.com.
- Login with your AppleID and password.
- From the menu, select the Find iPhone icon.
- A green dot will be visible on the map that opens, this is the location of your phone. If you have several gadgets from Apple, then when you click “All devices” you can select exactly the one that was lost.
By clicking on the name of the device you need, you will get access to information about the battery charge level, and you can also use the three main functions of the smartphone:
- Play sound. Used to find a device in the immediate vicinity.
- Lost mode. Using this mode, you can set an additional password on the device and specify your contact phone number so that a passer-by who finds the phone can contact you. In addition to the contact number, you can leave a message for the person who found the device. This can be your address, for example, or the amount of the reward. together with the number, they will be displayed on the screen of the locked phone. Disabled Lost Mode in the same menu where it was turned on.
- Erase all data from iPhone. As the name implies, this function allows you to delete all information from the device’s memory. It is recommended to use it in cases when you have a backup of the system, or when the risks associated with obtaining information by intruders are too great.
Forewarned. Armed: FAQ on Tracking and Finding a Lost iPhone
The loss or theft of an iPhone is always a big problem, since a mobile contains a huge amount of personal information and all kinds of passwords, including those from payment systems. In addition, in the presence of potentially defamatory information, the user can become a victim of blackmail, and the presence of work-related data in the device’s memory can lead to dismissal.
There are tons of ways to find your lost iPhone, both official and third-party. Let’s figure out which one is right for you.
Find iPhone by IMEI
If the previous methods did not suit you, then there is another option. search by IMEI (this is a unique identification number of each phone, consisting of fifteen characters). IMEI will allow you to find the device by GPS, even if data transfer or geolocation was turned on.
IMEI can be found either from the device documentation or by typing USSD command #. You need to contact the police with the IMEI number, but first it would be better to try using the service for finding lost gadgets. we recommend TrackerPlus or its analogues.
How to find an iPhone via another iPhone
On iOS, there is a mobile application Find My Freinds, the main task of which is to help friends find each other, but in practice it copes quite well with finding lost smartphones.
- Install the app.
- Click on the Add icon (plus sign).
- Enter the requested information about your friend’s device.
- Wait for permission from a friend (they must also have this application installed).
Thus, by installing this application, you can always find your device through another iPhone. So we recommend that you worry about it in advance.
How to find your iPhone if it’s turned off
If the smartphone was turned off or simply discharged, it is not possible to track the current location of the phone, but iCloud remembers and shows on the map the last place where the iPhone is before disconnecting. But there are some limitations:
- Feature support appeared with iOS 8 and higher;
- It is only available on devices released after the iPhone 4.
In addition, this function must first be enabled in the settings:
- Go to iCloud Settings Find My iPhone.
- Toggle the Send Last Location slider active.