Applying DFU Mode
First you need to enter this mode, you can do it in this way:
- the smartphone is connected to a stationary computer;
- iTunes starts up;
- then at the same time you will need to press the “Home” and “Enable” buttons;
- now you can release the power button;
- but the Home key remains held down;
- now it remains to wait for the application to detect the device.
- The gadgets of the 7, 8, X, XR, XS series do not have a Home key, so the Power button is selected there.
How to log out of all services
Before erasing all information completely, it is recommended to delete passwords and exit applications on your cell phone. The client must quit programs such as:
- In contact with;
- Face time;
This will allow the owner of the gadget to avoid possible problems with the delivery of messages and notifications. You will also need to sign out of the App Store, Icloud and iTunes. This will allow you to secure the user profile and protect his personal data.
How to reset through the “Settings” section
To delete all data from iPhone, there is an option to apply a simple option. To do this, the user needs to perform a number of such actions:
- on a cell phone, open the section with settings;
- then the item “Basic” is selected from the list;
- if you scroll the page to the very end, then there will be a button “Reset”.
When the user clicks on the button, the system will immediately offer him a choice of several options for deleting data. You can do it like this:
- Delete network settings. This option will be required if the customer has replaced the SIM card on the cell phone and there are problems with finding the network. After cleaning, the personal parameters of the owner of the gadget will not be affected.
- Reset cellular settings. The operation takes no longer than one minute. User data will not be affected. All photos, videos and contacts will be saved. But the removal will affect alarms and standard applications. The procedure can help if the gadget sometimes freezes.
- Eliminate settings and files. This option is used if the subscriber wants to donate a smartphone or sell it. After the procedure, the buyer will receive a phone without files and contacts. You will also additionally log out of your Apple ID account. Deleting files this way may take longer, especially if the phone memory is full.
- Before completely resetting your iPhone, it’s advised to charge it to 40%. Also, do not turn off the device, this can lead to malfunctions. When deleting files on a smartphone with Jailbreak, the gadget may be locked.
New customers may forget the access code provided by the previous owner. You will first need to install this application on your computer. Next, the gadget is connected to the PC and the “Start” button is pressed. The Tenorshare 4uKe application opens. The user has to say the latest iOS version. When the operation is completed, you can click on the “Start unlocking” button. The procedure takes a few minutes. When formatting is over, all data will be completely deleted.
How to reset the installed settings through the iTunes program
There are several ways to reset iPhone to factory settings using the iTunes application. The user can delete all files completely or download the latest copy that is saved in the system. To take advantage of these options, you need to charge the gadget to at least 70%. You can quickly clean a smartphone using the first method, but after the operation is completed, the client will have a “clean” cell phone. It will not contain contacts and photos. The second option is used if the system has crashed. So, in order to clean the device, you need to perform a number of actions:
- a cell phone is required to be connected to a computer with a cable;
- then the iTunes application is launched on the PC;
- if the client looks at the top corner, the smartphone icon will be located there;
- as soon as the owner clicks on it, the list will open;
- the “Review” item is selected from it;
- then select the “Restore” section;
- as soon as the application installs the latest software on the phone, all settings will be restored.
- If the user does not want to lose all contacts and files, he can download the copied version to his cell phone.
To use the created backup, you must first create it. After that, you need to perform a number of such actions:
- you need to connect the device to a computer or laptop;
- then the iTunes application is launched on the PC;
- now the item “File” is selected;
- when the client clicks on the section, “Devices” will open for him;
- on the new page “Restore from a copy” is selected;
- the user must choose the save option that he wants to use.
- Interesting information
- In order not to constantly tweak the gadget, it is recommended to create new copies regularly. If there is a problem with the system state, you can easily delete all settings and then restore the data from the copy.
iPhone 6s : How to Factory Reset
How to perform an operation via Hard Reset
There is an additional method to reset iPhone to factory default settings. This method is considered a “hard reboot”. The client should not forget that all files will be erased after such a procedure. If the client uses smartphone models up to 6, then the restart is performed by holding down the “Shutdown” and “Home” keys. Pressing the buttons is required for 10-15 seconds. As soon as the company logo appears on the smartphone screen, the action will be completed. Next, you need to follow the gadget setup scheme, which is used when you first turn it on.
When the user is the owner of cellular versions 7 and 7 plus, the reboot is done in a different way. You will need to hold down the “Volume Down” and “Power” buttons at the same time. It takes no more than ten seconds to hold down the keys.
When using cellular model 8 and above, a different scheme applies:
- first the button is pressed to increase the speaker volume;
- then the client immediately clicks on a key to decrease the sound;
- then you can hold down the side button.
As soon as the company logo appears on the screen, the procedure is completed. You can set up your smartphone and specify a new passcode.
Ways to clean your smartphone
If a customer needs to delete data from an iPhone prior to selling, there are several options they can apply. How can I do that:
- use the iTunes program;
- reset through “Settings”;
- use Hard Reset;
- application of the special DFU mode;
- access to third-party programs.
Each of these methods has certain nuances of use. It is worth telling about this in more detail.
Forgot Apple ID password
If you cannot access iPhone services due to a forgotten AppleID password, follow these steps:
- Go to the AppleID page and select “Forgot your Apple ID or password?”.
- Enter your service identifier and click “Continue”.
- Follow the prompts and answer questions to verify your identity.
- If you have two-factor authentication enabled, you will need to provide a unique key that will be sent to the previously trusted device you selected.
If you have lost access to a trusted device, you cannot change your Apple ID password.
After resetting the old password, come up with a new cipher and write it down in a safe place.
Factory reset methods
There are several ways to reset your iPhone to factory settings yourself. You can choose a convenient method taking into account your level of preparedness, technical support, as well as the reasons why you had to reset the gadget.
Making a backup
Since after a factory reset, user information will not be restored, you need to configure a backup version of data on the iPhone: this way you can save information and personal settings of the device.
The Tenorshare app is multifunctional and will help you both update your iPhone and easily unlock your device if you’ve forgotten your phone passcode. It is also useful if the wrong code is entered repeatedly and the iPhone is “locked” for several weeks or even months.
- Download and install the program.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Press the “Start” button and the program will begin to reset the parameters of your phone.
Using ReiBootPro, you can reset your iPhone with a few clicks. The application will help both in case of device freezing and screen breakage.
- Connect the cable from the device to the PC, download the utility.
- Select “Enter Recovery Mode”.
- Indicate “Fix Now”.
The paid version has more extensive functionality and allows you to automatically format the system, restore gadget backups bypassing iTunes, etc.
IPhone Eraser app allows you to quickly format your iPhone and reset it to factory version without the ability to recover deleted data. The program supports all models of iPhones and is not demanding on the computer OS.
- Connect iPhone and PC with cord and launch Eraser.
- To start the process, click Full Data Erase.
- Confirm the reset of the gadget by pressing Erase again.
- Do not close the window or disconnect the device until the process is complete (the utility shows the progress and informs about the end of the reset).
In recovery mode or DFU via iTunes
If the smartphone does not work, its settings can be rolled back through the proprietary iTunes application installed on the computer. Only USB cable required.
- Connect iPhone to computer and open iTunes app.
- Use a combination of buttons to force restart:. for iPhone 8, 10, 11, X, XS, XR, SE: first quickly press and release the volume up key, then repeat the action for the volume down key, then hold down the power button (until the message about the activated recovery mode on the screen);. for iPhone 7 and 7: simultaneously hold the power button and volume down;. for iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6s. press and hold the Home and Power buttons at the same time (before going to the “Restore iPhone” mode as in the photo).
- A pop-up window will appear in iTunes on PC, select “Restore”.
If iTunes is not installed on your PC, then you can download it from the official website. Use your Apple ID set up when you or the restaurant purchases the device.
Via iCloud cloud
For data recovery, you can back up your phone through iCloud options. This operation is recommended to be carried out via Wi-Fi.
- Through Settings, log into your iCloud profile.
- In the cloud options, select backup.
- Click “Create” and do not disconnect the Internet until the end of the process.
Press the return button and check the success of the operation: under the backup option, the date and time of the last copy is displayed.
How to reset iPhone to factory settings [Instructions]
If you have finally decided to sell your iPhone or are experiencing some difficulties with the firmware, then this manual will definitely come in handy in which I told you how to reset the iPhone to factory settings. As a result of the reset, the latest version of iOS will be installed on your device. All data from the iPhone will be deleted.
I often advise friends and readers on the site to reset the iPhone in situations when the device starts to glitch or work slowly. The same steps must be taken before selling your iPhone.
You don’t want someone to be able to view your photos, home videos, and get a list of all your contacts and personal messages as well? Below I have given several ways Depending on the state of your device, you can perform at least one of them.
You can reset the iPhone both using a computer and on the iOS device itself. Therefore, we will divide our lesson into two parts according to your choice.
How to reset iPhone using a computer
If for some reason you cannot go to the iPhone Settings (the firmware has flown, iCloud Activation Lock, you forgot the numeric unlock password, etc.), then the best way to reset the iPhone would be DFU mode. Use this instruction for iPhone 4s. 7, or this instruction for iPhone X. 8.
If everything is OK with the iPhone, follow the steps below:
STEP 1. If you value the data on your iPhone (iPad), be sure to make a backup before proceeding to the next step.
STEP 2. Connect your iPhone with a cable to your computer and launch iTunes. Click on the device icon (see the picture below):
STEP 3. Click the Restore iPhone button on the right side of the screen. If you see the message “You need to turn off Find My iPhone before”, turn it off in Phone Settings here: iCloud Settings Find iPhone.
You need your Apple ID password to disable this feature. This is done so that no one except the last owner can clear this device, for example, in the event of theft by intruders (who do not know the password of the Apple ID account).
STEP 4. After disabling the “Find iPhone” function, confirm your intentions by clicking on the Restore and Update button.
STEP 5. The latest version of iOS will be downloaded from the Internet and then installed on your iPhone. All personal data will be deleted.
STEP 6. The next time you turn on your iOS device, you will be prompted to set it up as new or restore from a backup.
STEP 7. The described procedure for resetting iOS devices does not unlink it from your account. In order for the restored device to no longer be listed in your Apple ID account, go to iCloud.com with your Apple ID and delete the required device in the Find iPhone section.
How to erase content and settings from iPhone
If you have access to the iPhone menu that needs to be reset to a new device state, the method below will work for you. To complete the following steps, you do NOT need a computer with a cable and iTunes software. All the necessary functionality is already included in the iOS Settings.
STEP 1. Since we will be doing a complete cleaning of the iPhone, make sure that there is no important data left on it. As in the first part, if necessary, create a backup copy of the iPhone.
STEP 2. Make sure Find My iPhone is off: iCloud Settings Find My iPhone.
STEP 3. Now go to Settings General Reset and click Erase Content and Settings. Confirm your wish with “Erase iPhone”.
STEP 4. All personal information and iPhone settings will be deleted. IOS version will remain the same as before the reset.
Can’t reset iPhone
Both methods above assume that your iPhone is in working order, i.e. recognized in iTunes or you can go to the phone settings. What to do if your phone is frozen or none of the above methods can restore your iPhone?
First of all, try restarting your device. If the reboot did not work, use the instructions for restoring iPhone firmware in DFU mode (links above).
In this article, I showed you how to reset iPhone to factory settings in two ways. If you have any questions regarding linked accounts, write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев. Well, if you have learned something useful for yourself, be sure to like it in social networks (buttons below).
IPhone Factory Reset Precautions
But, before proceeding with the description of the ways to reset iPhone to factory settings, you need to make some warnings.
- Before proceeding with a factory reset, you need to make sure your iPhone is at least 30 percent charged. Because if it runs out of power during a factory reset, it will create additional problems for you.
- You shouldn’t do a factory reset on a jailbroken iPhone. Otherwise, it may cause the smartphone to freeze when loading.
- It is highly advisable to make a backup before resetting iPhone. If necessary, this will allow you to restore important information that was on the device before the reset. In order to make a backup, you need to connect your iPhone to your computer, launch iTunes and open “File. Devices. Create a backup copy”.
How to Factory Reset iPhone
Factory reset on iPhone can be useful in various situations. For example, in the event of a sale of a device or in the event of various software failures.
In this article, we will look at two ways at once on how to reset iPhone to factory settings. These methods will be relevant for all the latest models of smartphones from Apple, including iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6s and 7.
Factory Reset iPhone
The easiest way to reset iPhone to factory settings is to use a special function in the settings of the device itself. To do this, open the “Settings” application on the iPhone and go to the “General” section.
After that, you need to go to the settings subsection, which is called “Reset”. This section should be located at the very bottom of the “Basic” section.
After that, you will see a list of what you can reset on the iPhone. At the very top there will be two main options for resetting the settings “Reset all settings” and “Reset content and settings”.
The first option, “Reset All Settings” is a reset that will exclusively affect your iPhone’s settings. In this case, all your personal data (including photos, contacts, music) will remain in the smartphone’s memory.
The second option “Reset Content & Settings” is to hard reset your iPhone. In this case, not only the iPhone settings will be deleted, but also all the content in its memory. In other words, all user data will be deleted from the smartphone’s memory.
In addition, in the “Reset” subsection, other methods of resetting the settings are available: Reset network settings, reset the keyboard dictionary, reset the “Home” button settings and reset the geolocation settings. These factory reset methods only affect specific iPhone settings.
Factory Reset iPhone via iTunes
The second way to reset iPhone to factory settings is to use iTunes. But, in order to use this method, you must first change some settings on the iPhone.
To do this, go to the settings on the iPhone and open the “iCloud” section. This is where you need to find Find My iPhone and turn it off. Please note that in order to disable this feature, you will need to enter your iCloud password.
After Find My iPhone is turned off, you can proceed with a factory reset. To do this, connect your iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes. After iTunes detects the iPhone, you need to click on the device icon in the upper left corner of the program.
And click on the “Restore iPhone” button. Pay attention, just below there is a button “Restore from a copy”. This button is responsible for restoring iPhone from a previously created backup and has nothing to do with factory reset. Therefore, there is no need to confuse the buttons “Restore iPhone” and “Restore from a copy”.
After clicking on the “Restore iPhone” button, a pop-up window will appear warning you about resetting your iPhone to factory settings. In order to confirm the reset, you need to click on the “Restore” button. After that iTunes will start the factory reset process on your iPhone.
In addition, iTunes allows you to reset iPhone to factory settings in recovery mode. To do this, you need to connect the iPhone to the computer, hold down the power button and the Home button and hold them for ten seconds, after which you need to release the power button and continue to hold the Home button. This will put your iPhone into recovery mode. Now you just need to click on the “Restore iPhone” button in iTunes and wait until the reset process is over.
- You can save data without using a computer. Directly through the iPhone. For this, Apple’s online storage is used.
- On iPhone, go to Settings.
- Section “iCloud”.
- If you haven’t logged into your profile yet, enter your Apple ID login and password. You can register it in the same menu. This must be done if you want to reset the parameters. User information will be linked to the account.
- Select “Backups”.
- Tap on “Create a copy”. Wait for the system to complete the operation. In this case, Wi-Fi should work.
- To have the iPhone make backups once a day, switch the checkbox. Then the data will be automatically transferred to the cloud storage if the iPhone is locked, connected to a wireless network and its battery is charging.
The maximum available in iCloud is 5 GB. You will have to buy additional space. But free memory should be enough for backups.
- Charge it fully so that the battery does not run out during the backup.
- Go to phone settings.
- General tab.
- Scroll down the page.
- Click “Reset”.
- There you can choose which settings to return to the factory settings: network parameters, the “Home” command, keyboard dictionary, geo settings.
- If you need a full backup, tap on “Reset all settings”.
- To also clear the device at the same time, click “Erase Content”.
- The device will reboot.
- You cannot turn off the gadget during backup.
Install the downloaded software on your computer, 3. Launch the program and connect your iPhone 6 (6 Plus, 7, 8, X) to your computer. Preferably through the original cord. Do not use cords that are kinked or with exposed metal parts of the wire, as this may cause a problem, 4. In the upper right corner, select the menu icon and the drop-down item “iPhone Factory Settings”. Advanced reset mode will start.
Select the “Fix Now” item. The firmware download will start. If you have your own firmware, you can select it manually. 6. After the firmware is loaded, select “Start Recovery”. This process will take about 10 minutes. Your iPhone 5 will reboot before all data is erased and restored to factory settings. You should understand that this will completely delete all data on the phone. Although, if you do not remember your Apple ID password, then you do not have much choice.
When performing Soft reset (soft reset, soft reset) All information in the phone will be saved.1. Press and hold the “Home” and “Power” buttons 2. After about 8-10 seconds, the Apple logo will appear If there are no technical problems, the device will start in standard operating mode.
How to Reset iPhone To Factory Default
Hard Reset Apple iPhone 6S. How to Factory Reset. Hard Reset
How to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode
If you forgot your password, you may not be able to reset iPhone 7 Plus / 7 / SE / 6 Plus / 6s / 6 / 5s / 5c / 5 to factory settings using the usual method via iTunes / iCloud or via the Settings application on the device itself. And if Activation Lock is enabled, sooner or later you will need to enter a password or log in using the Touch ID fingerprint scanner.
The second problem is deleting all data after restoring iPhone to its original state after purchase. As you know, resetting iPhone 6 to factory settings will entail a complete wipe of all information from the device. Here, the solution may be to back up all data on the iPhone. then all data can be restored from the backup file. But all this is very long and difficult. The easiest way to use the Tenorshare ReiBoot program.
How to Factory Reset iPhone Using Buttons
If your mobile device from Apple constantly freezes or restarts, then a complete reset of the device can solve many software problems. In this article, we will talk about how to reset iPhone to factory settings using the buttons.
You can reset iPhone via Recovery Mode using computer and iTunes. We will also consider the option without the use of additional tools. only the physical keys of the phone.
Reset in recovery mode
A full reset via Recovery Mode uses both the phone buttons and the computer with iTunes. To perform zeroing using a PC, follow the presented algorithm:
- Connect iPhone to computer via USB cable.
- Launch iTunes and wait for syncing with your phone.
- Reset using the buttons as described in our instructions above.
- After that, iTunes on the computer will prompt you to restore or update the device. Click on the “Restore iPhone” button.
- Now it remains to wait for the phone to return to factory settings.
After completing the procedure, you will receive iOS in its original form. At startup, you need to select a language, region, authorize or register an Apple ID, and so on.
An alternative reset method is the iOS system menu. However, to use it, your device must start properly and not freeze for 10-15 minutes. Then you will have time to go into the settings and select the appropriate zeroing option. The advantage of this method is that the user himself chooses the reset area (full reset, reset content, network settings, geo settings, dictionary, etc.).
iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
In the seventh version of the iPhone, the physical Home button became touch-sensitive, so they decided to change the emergency reset combination. If the phone freezes, the touch button stops responding to pressing. To reset, you need to hold down the volume down key and the power button at the same time.
What will be removed?
Before you reset the device, read the list of materials and sections that will be deleted. The complete list is presented below:
- contacts, calendar, notes;
- installed applications;
- music, videos, podcasts;
- network settings, geolocation.
It is recommended that you back up to your computer hard drive or iCloud before resetting. This way you will spend the least amount of time restoring all your personal data and settings. After that, you can proceed to the zeroing procedure.
Depending on the iPhone model, you need to choose the appropriate factory reset method. We have identified 3 relevant options for different versions of the phone.
iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus and earlier
In all iPhone models from the very first to devices released in the spring of 2016 (iPhone SE) inclusive, Hard reset is carried out in the same way.
To reset, you need to hold down the Home button and the Power key until the Apple logo appears.
Hard reset iphone 6s/ 6s plus, SE, 6/ 6 / plus, 5s, 5c,5, 4s,4 (reset to factory settings)
This reboot method works on all iPad and iPod Touch models.
How to make a Hard Reset on any iPhone model
The so-called Hard Reset should only be done in extreme cases. This type of device reboot is used if the smartphone stops responding to user actions and hangs corny.
In all other cases, the standard shutdown of the device should be carried out by holding down the Power button (Side button).
Hard reset allows you to reboot the iPhone, but different models do it in different ways.
iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
In the latest generation of smartphones, Apple has changed the way the device is quickly rebooted. Now for this you need:
Press and release the volume up button.
Press and release the volume down button.
Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
You need to do this fairly quickly with a minimum delay between clicks.
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
These devices use a slightly different reboot method. For this, for the first time, it was not necessary to use the Home button under the display.
Recall that starting with the iPhone 7, this key has ceased to be a physical button and is a touch button, and the Taptic Engine mechanism works out the feedback after pressing.
In the event of a freeze, the touch button will not respond to user actions.
So to implement a Hard Reset, you need to hold down the volume down and Power buttons until the Apple logo appears.
I love technology and everything connected with it. I believe that the greatest discoveries of humanity are yet to come!
Reset iPhone Settings and Delete Data
I don’t want to start this article with guessing why you needed to reset the iPhone, you just have to focus on the fact that the reset menu and the general reset menu are in the same place, so in the article we will combine the solution of both issues into a single whole.
Those of you who are looking for information about a regular factory reset. you can safely go down one step below and contemplate detailed instructions. For the rest of those who want to erase data from their phone, for example, for sale, we want to offer a certain sequence of actions so that they do not bite their elbows later.
If you decide, for example, to change your iPhone 5 to iPhone 6, then before that you need to complete three simple procedures: backup, reset all data and settings from iPhone 5, transfer information to a new i-gadget.
Before you reset iPhone 5 and erase its settings, you need to transfer everything to your computer. you can do this using iTunes or iTools. There is also the option of creating a backup copy in the cloud, it will suit you if you have a configured iCloud account and the phone can be connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi.
All these simple manipulations are described in the article on creating backups, therefore, if this information is new for you, with the material, before going further.
Reset iPhone via iTunes
You can also return your phone to its original settings using iTunes. To do this, connect the gadget to your computer, open iTunes and wait until the program detects your device.
After that, you just need to go to the tab of your phone and click the “Restore iPhone” button. If you had Find My iPhone turned on, iTunes will ask you to turn it off. You just have to follow the request and disable “Find My iPhone” in the iCloud settings, and finally also refuse to select the previously saved backups. Thus, the recovery process will begin, which will completely clear your device and return the settings to standard.
Resetting all data and settings
Now that you have moved everything to a safe place, we can reset the iPhone.
- Open “Settings”, find “General” and go down, there we will see “Reset”.
- Go to the reset menu. 6 options open before us, and we are only interested in two. “Reset all settings” or “Erase content and settings”.
If you choose the first option, then you will not lose your data. photos, music, contacts, etc., but only return your phone to the initial settings. This function is needed for those who experience malfunctions of the device, for example, problems with cellular communication, Internet settings, etc. So you will return the phone to the initial settings, without losing data.
And in order to completely reset the iPhone, you need the second option. Click on it and wait for the process to complete, which will last from two minutes or more, depending on the memory load. Thus, you will be able to erase everything that was on your iPhone, from settings to private photos. The iPhone 5 is now as clean as a baby’s tear. And you can safely transfer it to other hands.
Transferring information to a new device
After resetting the settings and content on the old smartphone, we need to transfer them to the new one. For this we need the previously created backups. As you remember, there were two options. via PC or the cloud. The transfer process is very similar to restoring an iPhone from a backup, so we will not duplicate the information and just provide you with a link to the very article.
So we showed you how to erase all data from your iPhone and, if necessary, transfer it to a new one. As it turned out, there is nothing complicated in this procedure. We wish you pleasant use!
Do not forget to read the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, and there is an answer to later Комментарии и мнения владельцев, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else’s time.