Apple Watch factory reset
Sometimes you might need to reset your Apple Watch. For example, if you’ve forgotten your password or just bought a new Apple Watch and decided to sell your old ones. A reset can also be a good way to fix long-standing software and performance issues. However, the process is pretty simple.
Using an Apple Watch
You can also remove your Apple Watch passcode without a paired iPhone.
- The watch must be on the charger before completing the steps below.
- Press and hold the side button until Device is off option is displayed.
- Firmly press the Power Off slider, then lift your finger.
- Select “Erase Content and Settings”.
- Wait for the process to complete, then set up your Apple Watch again. When prompted, choose to restore from backup.
If the Disable slider is not visible, release the buttons and wait until the keyboard appears to enter the password. Press down firmly on the keyboard, then lift your finger. When the Reset button appears. click it, wait for the process to complete, and set up your Apple Watch again. When prompted, choose to restore from backup.
Reset using your iPhone
The best way to completely reset your Apple Watch is to use your iPhone. This will untie the watch, remove the activation lock and return the device to factory settings.
If you are planning to sell your gadget, you follow these instructions:
Open the Watch app and find your Apple Watch at the top of the My Watch section.
On the next page, click on the “i” button. Then press the Unpair Apple Watch.
Enter your iCloud details. Once the process is complete, your watch will be removed from your iCloud account and from the Watch app. Then take the device itself. Make sure your Apple Watch has enough power before going any further.
Unlock your watch and go to Settings. “Basic”. “Reset” and click “Erase All Content and Settings”.
Now authenticate and wait for a while until the Apple Watch completes the reset process.
How to restart Apple Watch (standard and hard)
If you’re planning on hard restarting your Apple Watch because it crashes or runs out of power very quickly, take your time. You should first try to hard reset your device in the normal way. This is similar to a feature on the iPhone, where a forced restart resets some of the major parts of the OS without affecting data.
If your troubles with the watch are caused by software issues or an internal error, then a hard reset can help. But first, it’s worth trying a normal restart. You can reboot the system by pressing and holding the side button and then swiping over the power off slider.
Learn how to remove or reset your Apple Watch password.
How to Factory Reset iPad Using iTunes
If you forgot iPad password or your iPad is stuck in recovery mode, then you can use iTunes to factory reset iPad without password. Just make sure you are using the computer that you synced with iTunes before. So you can follow up on how to factory reset iPad using iTunes.
Update iTunes to the latest version. Use a lightning USB cable to connect your iPad to your computer that you’ve synced with. iTunes will automatically detect your iPad.
iTune can’t detect your iPad? Just Try to Reset iPad iPhone without Computer or iTunes.
How To Hard Reset your Apple Watch Series 5. Factory Reset
Select your iPad when it appears in iTunes. Click “Summary” in the left pane. Select “Restore iPad” and confirm to start restoring iPad to factory settings. It may take a while to preload the firmware.
Then your iPad will be installed as new and you can restore iPad from iCloud or iTunes backup. Can’t restore iPad? Here are the fixes.
Restore iPad to Factory Settings with iTunes Backup
Find the “Recover from iTunes Backup File” mode
Click Start Scan to scan and extract your iTunes backup.
Step 3. Preview and restore iPad after factory reset
Factory Reset iPad with iCloud Backup
Enter “Recover from iCloud Backup File” mode.
Step 2. Sign in to iCloud with Apple ID and password.
Step 3. Download and scan certain types of files. Then view and recover deleted data from iCloud backup to your computer
Factory iPad VS third party tool
For people who haven’t backed up iPad with iTunes before, the easiest way. To completely and permanently erase iPad with Apeaksoft iPhone Eraser, you can reset iPad with forgotten iPad password. There are three different iOS data erasure levels, including Low, Medium and High. iPhone Eraser can erase and overwrite your iPad with different times. All of this deleted iPad content cannot be recovered. So if you want to sell your old iPad on eBay, use iPhone Eraser to clean your iPad first.
Use a USB cable to connect iPad to computer and then launch iPhone Eraser. It will detect your iPad automatically after a few seconds. Actually, you can connect multiple iOS devices and delete everything with iPhone Eraser.
To reset iPad to factory settings without iTunes, you need to set its erasure level. Click “Low” to overwrite all iPad data in one go. iPhone Eraser can protect your privacy by completely deleting data from iPad. In addition, you can also set the local path and format to save the exported erasure history with setting options.
Press the Start button to permanently reset iPad to factory default settings. Well, iPhone Eraser is fully compatible with iOS 11 and all iPad models including iPad Pro / Air / Mini and iPad 1/2/3/4/5 generations. So there is no limit to factory reset iPad with iPhone Eraser.
You can also check this tutorial to erase iPad:
Part 4 Recover iPad after Reset
To restore iPad after factory reset, you can use Apeaksoft iPhone Data Recovery.It can recover lost data from your iPad selectively and safely. So you can choose which one to restore from previous iTunes or iCloud backup files.
- Recover up to 19 iPad data directly
- Restore iPad Data from iTunes Backup to Your Computer
- Download and Import Lost iPad Data from iCloud Backup
- Selectively Recover and Preview Lost Data from iPad / iTunes / iCloud
- Highly compatible with iOS 12/11 and all iPad models
Download for WinDownload for Mac
How to Factory Reset iPad (iOS 14 Supported)
This is a good way to get a new iPad again by resetting iPad to factory settings. You must remember to reset your iPad before reselling or giving away. In fact, resetting iPad is a useful way to fix many problems. For example, you can fix a disabled iPad if you forgot iPad password. You can also factory reset iPad to get rid of freezes, black screen and other situations.
- how to factory reset iPad
- how to factory reset iPad using iTunes
- Factory iPad vs third party tool
- How to restore iPad after reset
- Frequently asked questions about iPad factory settings
How to reset MacBook to factory settings without data loss
To roll back a MacBook, but keep all the important information, you must:
- Disable device.
- Enter recovery mode. This can be done using Cmd R. If you want the system to immediately update to the latest version, then you need to press Cmd Alt R.
- Click on “Reinstall mac OS”.
That’s all. Then you just need to act according to the prompts of the system.
Disable Find My Mac option
You can unlink the MacBook to Apple ID. This requires:
- Go to “System Preferences” through the Apple-menu.
- Go to iCloud Cloud.
- Find the option you want and uncheck it.
If you forget the password, you can go the more complicated way. reset the contents of NVRAM, which is a volatile memory cell. It stores user settings such as volume, brightness, display resolution, etc. You can remove this information like this:
- turn off the device,
- press CommandOptionPR at the same time,
- hold down the power button and do not release until the logo appears on the monitor for the second time.
As a result, the settings will fly off and the MacBook search option will turn off.
What is a factory reset
Zeroing means returning the MacBook to its original state. It will only have basic functions, as if the user had just taken a laptop out of the box. All data and installed software will be erased.
How to make a backup
You can use the utility integrated into your MacBook. It’s called Time Machine (TM). You will also need a portable hard drive.
- Connect a USB flash drive or other media.
- MacBook will offer to use it to create a reserve through TM.
- Click on “Encrypt backup disk”.
- Click “Use”.
If the program does not ask for permission to select a drive for backup, you will need to enter it manually.
How to do it in the TM parameters:
- Click “Select backup disk”.
- From the proposed ones, mark the desired option.
- Then already define the encryption of the copy and click “Use”.
Important! If there are files on the disk, the software will prompt you to erase the data. If the information on the storage medium is important, it is better to use another storage device.
As a rule, TM makes backups automatically. But before you reset your MacBook Pro or other Apple PC to factory settings, you can make a backup yourself. To do this, in the software menu, you just need to select the appropriate option. and the software will start copying.
What you need to do before “zeroing” the MacBook
Before you do a factory reset on an Apple laptop, you need to prepare. It does not take much time.
Save all important files
All the necessary information should be transferred to a flash drive. You can also create a reserve. about this below.
Recommendation: It is advisable to disconnect all external devices from the MacBook: storage media, adapters, mouse, and also break pairs with paired devices.
Resetting to factory settings using an iPhone
To do this, you need a paired iPhone with the Apple Watch app installed. During the entire procedure, the smartphone should be close to the device. The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- In the Apple Watch app, select the My Watch tab.
- Open the settings menu, section “General”.
- Select “Reset”.
- Click on the “Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings” option. You may need to enter your Apple ID password to confirm this action.
How to factory reset Apple Watch
Smart watches are locked with a user password. This is necessary to preserve the security of the data of the owner of the gadget, but situations often happen when access to the password is lost. Therefore, many are interested in what to do if access is lost.
There is no way to reset the password while saving the data on the device. You will have to completely reset the gadget. This can be done in two ways:
- Via the Apple Watch app on your paired iPhone.
- Using the side button on the smartwatch.
Before you reset your Apple Watch to factory settings, make sure that you have completely lost access, as all data will be permanently deleted. Only the backup function will help to fix the situation, the use of which will restore the reset device to a previously saved state. The backup does not save the password, so its use is safe in case of loss of access.
Also, the function of returning to factory parameters will be useful in case of malfunctions in the device (incorrect operation of applications, false sensor alarms and similar problems).
Reset Apple Watch with side button
As a result of this method, the parameters will be reset to the factory settings. This option will work for users without an iPhone. During the entire process, the device must be connected to the charging cable. It is carried out as follows:
- Keep the side button pressed until the word “Device off” is displayed.
- Forcefully press the “Turn off” button.
- Select “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- After the end of the process, you will need to pair with the iPhone. If you have a backup, you can restore.
The difference between this method and the option of zeroing through an application on a smartphone is that reset using the side button allows you to bind another smartphone to the watch, and this can be useful when changing the owner of the gadget.
How to Factory Reset Apple Watch
A return to the original settings on Apple will occur if the pair breaks with the watch. In order to break the pair, you will have to perform the following operations:
- Install both devices. watch and phone side by side.
- Activate the desired program on the iPhone.
- Go to the “My watch” section and select the desired clock located in the upper half of the screen.
- Press the button responsible for the information. it is next to the clock, which needs to be broken.
- In the menu, select the “Unpair Apple Watch” item.
- The action is confirmed again. After that, you may need to enter your Apple ID password in order to disable Activation Lock. During the operation, a duplicate copy is written, which is used to restore a new clock.
- After the end of the unpairing from Apple Watch, the notification “Pairing” will be displayed.
In the tab “My watch” you should select the appropriate type
How to factory reset Apple without your phone:
- On the clock go to the “Settings” menu, and from there move to the “General”.
- Open “Reset” and then “Erase Content and Settings”.
- You should confirm your intentions by activating “Erase everything”.
The result of these actions will be to restore the factory settings of the Apple watch.
How to Hard Reset on Apple Watch
Hard Reset Apple Watch is a hard reset, hard reset. It is most often produced when a software device malfunctions. The procedure is associated with a complete reboot of the operating system of the device, but personal data and settings are not deleted.
Note! Performing a hard reset is shown for the device on a regular basis. If there are obvious problems in the operation of the device, resetting the settings is simply necessary.
- Take the watch in hand in such a way that it is convenient to freely press the “Home” button and the button on the side with your fingers.
- Press both buttons at the same time and hold them for 10 seconds until the watch screen goes out and the operating system starts to reboot.
How to reset Apple Watch to factory settings
Knowing how to reset Apple Watch will come in handy before selling a watch or in the case when you have completely forgotten the password for it. This procedure will also help in cases when the device starts to junk or freeze. Factory reset can be done in several ways. with or without an iPhone.
How to reset Apple Watch without your phone
The reset can be done without using an iPhone. It should be remembered that the watch must be connected to the charger until the necessary actions are completed.
To complete the task, you need to do the following:
- Press and hold the side button until the message “Device is off” is displayed.
- After applying some force, press the “Turn off” button.
- In the menu, select “Erase content and settings”.
- When the process is over, the clock will have to be readjusted. The recovery process is performed using data from the backup version of the program recorded in the reserve.
How to reset Apple Watch via iPhone
Even newer Apple Watch models are not immune to malfunctions. It happens that sensors start to malfunction and thus confuse certain mobile applications that use their readings. Before contacting a service center or workshop to fix the problem that has appeared, you can try a less radical method. restart your Apple Watch by resetting it to its original settings.
Resetting Apple will help when the device freezes
If you have access to your iPhone, you can easily reset the settings through it. To remove the previously entered password for the watch, use the Apple Watch software services. After deleting the password, you will have to re-configure the gadget and restore the data using a copy stored in the backup for this purpose.
Important! Keep your phone as close to your Apple Watch as possible during the entire reset and restore session.
- Launch the Apple Watch application and go to the “My Watch” tab.
- In the item “Basic” go to the tab “Reset”.
- Run the task “Erase content and settings” and repeat the selection of this menu item again. At this point, you may need to enter a password related to your Apple ID.
- If we are talking about varieties of Apple Watch GPS Cellular, then they provide for an option when it is possible to save or delete an existing tariff plan from a cellular operator. It depends on whether there are plans to pair Apple with the iPhone again. If so, you will have to leave the tariff plan. In the case when it makes no sense to link the pair again, the existing tariff can be deleted. If you do not plan to create a pair at all (with a phone, with another watch), then you can even cancel your subscription to the existing communication tariff through the mobile operator.
- After the process is complete, the Applewatch settings must be re-configured. When prompted by the system, you will need to choose to restore using a backup copy.
Activating the menu section “Erase content and settings”, delete the old password
What to do if you forgot your Apple watch password
If the password is completely forgotten or it was entered incorrectly too many times, then the device will be disabled. You will have to reset the settings, delete the forgotten code, and then complete the installation using the backup copy of the program recorded in the backup. During the restoration process, the content and settings on the watch will be deleted, they will be replaced with the data and settings taken from the backup.
Carrying out a certain sequence of actions, they break the pair
Note! If the “Erase data” function was launched, then after 10 unsuccessful attempts to enter the code, the data on the device will be erased.
You may need to reset your Apple watch to factory settings in various situations: when you sell it, if you lose your passwords, or if the device does not work properly. This can be done with or without an iPhone. In addition, it is recommended to perform a hard reset regularly, and if there are certain problems in the operation of the device, it is simply shown.
How to factory reset iPad
The need to reset iPad to factory settings can arise in a variety of situations. For example, a reset may be necessary in the event of software glitches or when the device is sold. In this article, we will look at three ways at once on how to reset iPad to factory settings.
But, first, a few words about safety. Before you reset your iPad, you need to check the battery charge level. It is necessary that it be charged at least 30 percent, and preferably everything at 100. Since turning off the device during a factory reset can lead to breakdown. Also, before resetting, it is advisable to make a backup using iTunes. This will allow you to restore everything, in the event that you change your mind. And if you have an iPad with a jailbreak, then it is better to refuse to reset the settings altogether, as this can lead to problems with loading.
Reset iPad via iTunes
You can also factory reset iPad using iTunes. In this case, first you need to turn off Find iPad. To do this, go to the iPad Settings, open the “iCloud” section and disable the “Find iPad” function there. It should be noted that to disable this feature, you will have to enter your Apple ID password. Without this, you will not be able to turn off the iPad search and perform a factory reset via iTunes.
After disabling Find iPad, you can start resetting your iPad to factory settings. To do this, launch iTunes on your computer and connect your iPad to your computer using a cable. After connecting your iPad, click on the device icon that appears in the upper left corner of the iTunes window.
Then you need to go to the “Overview” tab.
And click on the “Restore iPad” button there. It should be noted that there is also a “Restore from copy” button next to it. This button is responsible for restoring the iPad from a previously created backup and has nothing to do with a factory reset. Therefore, do not confuse the buttons “Restore iPad” and “Restore from a copy”.
After clicking on the “Restore iPad” button, a small window will open asking you to confirm the iPad reset to factory settings. In this window, you need to click on the “Restore” button again and then iTunes will begin the process of resetting the settings on your iPad.
Resetting iPad via Settings
If you want to reset iPad to factory settings, then the easiest way is to use the corresponding function in Settings. To do this, you need to go to the iPad Settings and go there to the “General” section.
Then you need to scroll to the bottom of the list and open the “Reset” subsection.
This will take you to the section with settings related to factory reset on iPad. The following functions are available here: Reset All Settings, Erase Content and Settings, Erase Network Settings, Reset Home Button Settings, Reset Keyboard Dictionary, Reset Geolocation Settings. If you want to reset iPad to factory settings, then “Reset all settings” or “Erase content and settings” will suit you. Select one of these functions and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- The “Erase all settings” function removes the settings of the iPad. All settings are returned to factory defaults, while your data remains intact. This function is suitable if you have any problems with the settings. For example, something freezes or does not work as it should.
- The “Erase content and settings” function is a complete reset of the iPad to factory settings. When using this function, all settings will be reset to factory defaults, and user-generated content that was on the iPad will be deleted. This reset option is suitable if you plan to sell your iPad or just give it to another person for use.
Reset iPad via iTunes without password
If you have forgotten your Apple ID password, the instructions above will not work as you simply cannot turn off Find iPad. If you find yourself in such a situation, then you can try resetting iPad to factory settings using Recovery Mode.
Entering Recovery Mode is easy enough. To do this, you need to do the following:
- Turn off the iPad and wait a few minutes for all programs to finish their work and the iPad turns off completely;
- Press the “Home” button and without releasing it, connect the iPad to the computer using a cable;
- You need to hold the Home button until the iTunes icon and cable appear on the iPad screen;
- After that, the “Home” button can be released, you have successfully entered the Recovery Mode.
After enabling Recovery Mode, you need to launch iTunes on your computer and click on the “Restore iPad” button. This way you can reset iPad to factory settings without Apple ID password.
If you need to exit Recovery Mode without using recovery, then just press the iPad’s power button and hold it until it starts to boot.
How to reset Apple Watch
There are various reasons why you might want to factory reset your Apple Watch. Perhaps you forgot your password, your device is not functioning as expected, or perhaps you are selling your watch to a new owner and want to erase the data beforehand. Whatever your motive, there are several ways to hard reset your Apple Watch.
Reset Apple Watch by unlinking it from iPhone
Possibly the fastest way to reset Apple Watch. this will untie them from your iPhone. I advise you to read the topic on “how to unlock an iPhone with a forgotten password”.
Make sure your Apple Watch and iPhone are turned on and in close proximity.
Click the Surveillance app icon located on the home screen of your iPhone.
You should now see the Apple Watch app interface, specifically the My Watch tab. Select the name of the watch you want to reset located at the top of the screen.
Click the information icon represented by the lowercase “i” inside the circle and located to the right of your hour’s information panel.
Select the Unpair Apple Watch. If you have an Apple Watch Series 3 or Series 4 with GPS and cellular, you will be asked if you want to keep or delete your cellular plan. If you plan on setting up this Apple Watch again, you can keep your plan. If you are no longer using your watch, you can delete your plan. However, in order to completely cancel the plan, you will also need to contact your cellular provider.
A confirmation message appears at the bottom of the screen. Press the Apple Watch Unpair button (name).
Enter your Apple ID password when prompted.
The unbinding process will start and may take a few minutes. If successful, the Watch app on your iPhone will return to the Start Pairing screen and the watch itself will restart, eventually displaying the initial setup interface. Your Apple Watch has now been reset to its default settings.
Reset Apple Watch by deleting all content and settings
If your watch is not currently paired with an iPhone, or you don’t have a phone at the moment, you can still perform a factory reset by following these steps.
On Apple Watch, tap the Settings icon.
The general settings should now be visible. Scroll down and tap “Reset”.
Click the “Erase All Content and Settings” button.
Enter your password when prompted. If you have an Apple Series Watch Series 3 or Series 4 with GPS and cellular, you will be asked if you want to keep or delete the cellular plan. If you plan on setting up this Apple Watch again, you can keep your plan. If you are no longer using your watch, you can delete your plan. To cancel the plan completely, you will also need to contact your cellular provider.
A warning message appears detailing the consequences of the reset process. Scroll down and click Erase All.
The restart process should start with the watch showing a rotating power wheel, this may take several minutes. When done, your Apple Watch will return to its original setup interface. Your Apple Watch has now been reset to factory settings.
Reset Apple Watch if forgot password
If you’ve forgotten your passcode, there is still a way to manually factory reset your Apple Watch.
Connect Apple Watch to power.
Press and hold the side button on the watch until the POWER OFF and EMERGENCY SOS indicators appear.
Briefly press and hold the POWER OFF slider, then release.
The new screen should be displayed with two buttons. Click Erase All Content and Settings.
A message will appear asking if you want to continue. Click the green check mark located in the lower right corner of the bezel.
The restart process should begin with the clock showing the spinning wheel of the process in progress; this may take several minutes. When the reset is complete, your Apple Watch will return to its original setup interface. Your Apple Watch has now been reset to factory settings and can be set up from scratch.
a. Soft reset (restart):
Restarting the watch is useful in the following cases:
- the device does not respond to button presses, touching the screen, or attempting to slide your finger across the screen (the touchscreen does not work);
- the display does not change or the display is blank;
- the display is frozen in the bootstrap mode (the display shows the down arrow symbol, the same malfunction);
- the device does not vibrate (for example, when pressing buttons);
- the watch functions do not work as expected (for example, the watch does not record the heart rate (the LED on the optical heart rate monitor does not flash), COMPASS does not complete the calibration procedure, etc.);
- the step counter does not count the steps per day (be aware of the possible delay when displaying the recorded steps in the app);
- SuuntoLink App does not recognize my device when it is connected correctly and the USB cable is OK.
Note: Restarting will end the current workout and save the data. Under normal circumstances, training data will not be lost. In rare cases, a soft reset can damage your memory.
How To Factory Reset your Apple Watch Series 3. Hard Reset
b. Hard reset (factory reset):
factory reset restores the watch settings to their default values and deletes all data from the watch, including training data, personal data and settings that have not been synced with the Suunto app. After hard reset, you need to do the initial setup of your Suunto watch.
It is recommended to reset the clock to factory settings in the following cases:
- a Suunto customer service representative has asked you to do this during the troubleshooting procedure;
- a software reset did not help fix the problem;
- the battery life normal for your device has decreased significantly;
- device does not connect to GPS and other actions did not resolve the issue (not applicable to Suunto 3/3 Fitness).
- the device is having problems connecting via Bluetooth (for example, to a Smart Sensor or a mobile application) and other actions did not help to resolve these problems;
- you follow the firmware troubleshooting steps suggested in the SuuntoLink app.
How to reset your Suunto watch?
All Suunto watches have two factory reset methods to solve various problems:
- the first is a “soft reset”, also called a restart.
- the second method is a “hard reset”, also called a factory reset.
Software reset procedure:
- Suunto Ambit: hold all 5 buttons at the same time for 10 seconds, then release.
- Suunto Ambit2 / Ambit2 S / Ambit2 R: hold all 5 buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds, then release.
- Suunto Ambit3 Run / Sport / Peak: hold all 5 buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds then release.
- Suunto Ambit3 Vertical: hold down all 4 corner buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds, then release. You will need to turn on the device again by holding down the upper right button.
- Suunto Traverse / Traverse Alpha: hold all 4 corner buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds, then release. You will need to turn on the device again by holding down the upper right button.
- Suunto Spartan Collection: Hold the top button for 12 seconds, then release.
- Suunto 3/3 Fitness: Hold down upper right and left buttons for 12 seconds, then release.
- Suunto 5: Hold down the upper right and left buttons for 12 seconds, then release.
- Suunto 7: special procedure required; it is important to observe the following instructions.
- Suunto 9/9 BARO: hold down the top button for 12 seconds, then release.
In special circumstances where a soft reset does not fix the problem, you can use the second factory reset method. If the instructions above do not resolve the issue, a hard reset may help.
Hard reset procedure:
You can reset the watch to factory settings using the SuuntoLink app (the only exception is Suunto 7). If SuuntoLink app is not installed yet, start using SuuntoLink here.
- Connect your watch to your computer using the supplied USB cable and open the SuuntoLink app.
- Wait for the clock to be recognized and sync complete, then click on the gear in the upper right corner and select Watches.
- Click Watches and next to the watch name select Reset all settings.
- SuuntoLink app will ask you to confirm the selected procedure. Click Confirm.
- Select Reset watch to start the factory reset procedure, in which SuuntoLink app will reinstall the latest software version available for your watch.
- The watch automatically goes into download mode (“down arrow” on the display) until the update is completed.
- The setup wizard appears on the watch screen to indicate that the update is complete, after which you can safely remove the USB cable from the watch.
- Start by resetting the clock.
Note: A factory reset deletes the previous pairing information that may have been configured on the watch. To restart the pairing procedure in Suunto app, we recommend that you delete the previous pairing in Suunto app and from your watch by going to Bluetooth. Paired devices.
If you need a factory reset procedure for your Suunto 7, see the following instructions.
Both scenarios presented should only be performed in an emergency. These scripts are not intended for regular use. If the problem persists, we advise you to contact our Customer Service or send your watch to one of our authorized service centers.
Another option that does not require the use of software or a smartphone. To reset the Amazfit Beep watch, the owner will have to completely discharge it. For this:
- set the maximum display brightness;
- do not turn off the GPS-navigator;
- check all sent notifications.
When the device turns off, put it on charge. After switching on the malfunctions should disappear.
When to reset
- the gadget works slowly: it reacts with a delay to touching the screen, does not immediately open the selected items in the menu, does not record the heart rate or does it with a delay;
- at the time of installing a new or custom firmware, the device turned off;
- the watch displays incorrect data (time, date, number of steps taken, calories burned) or they are not updated at all;
- when pairing via Bluetooth, the watch is not detected immediately or turns off after a while. A possible reason is different versions of Bluetooth on the smartphone and watch.
Some of the above problems appear after battery wear or a strong shock suffered by the device.
Now about all the ways to reset the clock.
This option allows you to carry out a Hard Reset without a phone and without an app, which makes it universal.
- Hold the mechanical key on the right edge of the case to turn on the device.
- Unlock the device by tapping the button again.
- Scroll the main menu to the left to open the “Settings” section.
- Go down in a new window. Find and select “Factory reset” or “Factory reset”.
- Confirm the operation.
- Wait for the device to turn on. takes 2 to 15 minutes.
This is the only way to reset the device to factory state. The methods described below are variations of reboot.
How to reset Amazfit Bip and other models
When the watch from Amazfit is unstable, it is reset to the factory settings. This restores the firmware, saving the latter from lags and errors within the system. We will explain how to reset the Amazfit Bip, GTS and other models through the OS settings or the application installed on the smartphone.
Through the app
If the user uses Mi Fit instead of the branded Zepp as the main software, then it is enough:
- open an account, from there go to the “Settings” tab and select “Exit”;
- after disconnecting your account, delete the application from your smartphone;
- now you need to reinstall it from Google Play;
- start pairing between software and watch. The latter will be identified as a new device, and the initial setup will take place, which can remove gadget jams.
The second option related to the program from Xiaomi:
- launch Mi Fit and go to “Settings”;
- find among the items and click on “Untie”, or “Unpair” in the English version of the software;
- install the application on another smartphone / tablet and try to pair them with the watch;
- after the initial setting, the watch should work properly again.
The Amazfit Bip smart watch can be rolled back to the factory state only through the “Settings” of the device. Other solutions are suitable to reboot the device. It also allows you to get rid of bugs and unstable firmware.
How to Factory Reset iPhone 7?
Sooner or later, every iPhone or iPad user has a need to clear his gadget of the information on it. To do this, the iPhone 7 also provides a factory reset function.
Attention! Before you start resetting your iPhone, we strongly recommend that you back up your data to iCloud or iTunes and charge your smartphone to at least 50%.
In order to reset the settings and delete all data from the iPhone on any iOS, you must:
- Open the “Settings” section
- Select “General” in the menu
- At the end of the list, select “Reset”
A menu appears in front of you with different options for “resetting” the phone. If you want to reset all settings to factory defaults, keeping all data, select “Reset All Settings” from the menu.
If you decide to completely erase all data along with resetting the settings, then select the “Erase All Content and Settings”.
Attention! In this case, all content (photos, contacts, videos, applications, etc.) will be deleted from the smartphone. If your smartphone is tied to iCloud, Find My iPhone is on, or you have a password set to unlock the screen. during the reset process, they will certainly be requested.
If you are having problems connecting iPhone 7 to a mobile Internet or Wi-Fi network, select “Reset Network Settings”.
Select the gear icon to enter Apple Watch settings.
Now swipe down to scroll the list of options to the very bottom, where you will need to click on the “Reset” button.
Click on the “Erase content and settings” button.
Click on the “Erase All” button to confirm the action
Done! A few more minutes and the Apple Watch reset to factory settings will be completed. After rebooting the smartwatch, their software will be brought to what is usually called “Out of the Box”!
Factory reset Apple Watch without iPhone
Do you have an Apple Watch? If there is, then this article is for you. Any owner may have a situation when it is necessary to reset the gadget settings to the factory settings. For example, if you decide to sell them and you need to delete your data. Or if the clock starts to glitch and the usual reboot does not help. Many people think that for this you need to connect them to an iPhone smartphone. In fact, completely optional! I will show you how to reset Apple Watch without a phone in a couple of minutes. quickly and easily!
This guide will walk you through the steps to factory reset Apple Watch. This involves three steps:
- deleting all data stored on the device
- reboot gadget
Attention! The process will require you to enter a password. If you have forgotten it, then you will not be able to perform the procedure in this way.!
How to reset your Apple Watch — Apple Support
This method will help you reset Apple Watch settings if you forgot your watch password.
Attention! The watch must be on the charger.
Press the side button of the watch and hold it.
As soon as the menu to turn off the device appears, release the side button.
Firmly press the “Off” button on the watch screen and release it.
In the next menu, click on the “Erase content and settings”.
Wait for Apple Watch to restart already in factory settings.
If something did not work out for you. write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев and I will try to help you!
DZ09 Smartwatch: Factory Reset
DZ09 is the most affordable Smartwatch, with a good set of features and a very affordable price. They are similar in appearance to the second generation Samsung Gear and have a rectangular body, a large touchscreen, a camera at the top of the screen and a power button at the bottom. You can find a full review of this device here: Smartwatch DZ09: Review of the most budgetary smartwatches
Of course, like any other Smart watch and smartphones, DZ09 also sometimes encounters some problems and malfunctions. Some of these problems are easier to fix by resetting to factory settings (and sometimes not only easier, but this is the only way to solve the problem).
If you have a need to reset the DZ09 to factory settings, use our guide for this. We have not yet encountered a DZ09 watch for which these instructions would not work, but still pay attention to the warning!
IMPORTANT. The watch may differ depending on the manufacturer, so the procedure may or may not work for your particular watch. Therefore, you reset at your own risk.
One more thing, please make sure your watch is charged before performing a reset to avoid any problems.
- Go to menu, Settings or Preferences, select “Restore Settings”. Then the watch will ask for a code to reset the settings.
- Enter the lock code. If you do not know it, enter the code to reset the default settings: 1122.
- After entering the code, click OK.
- In the next window you will receive a message asking “Restore settings and reboot ?
- Click “Yes” to repair and reboot.
- The DZ09 will reboot and you will see the recovered operating system. Congratulations!
I am interested in everything related to smartwatches, fitness bracelets and other wearable electronics. I will gladly share the latest events in the world of gadgets, I will try to help you choose the optimal model and figure out the basic settings.
15 Комментарии и мнения владельцев to “Smartwatch DZ09 Smartwatch: Factory Reset”
You can set up details and bluetooth from watches to mobiles, please.
I can’t connect my watch to my smartphone?
Good day. The dz09 watch does not display SMS, only calls. Also, the vibration mode does not work. Will factory reset solve this problem??
Good day. How to clear your call history
Good afternoon. I bought DZ09, but they are without a call program, etc. In connecting to the phone via BT. What can you guys do? They connect purely like a speaker and that’s it
Hello. I have Smart watch dz09 and I have set a password, but I forgot this password. how can i reset my password
No way. Only flashing the clock will help
I can’t see my SIM card, but I can’t reset it to the factory settings, the password doesn’t work. What can I do?
solved the problem. I can’t see my SIM card, I reset all settings 1122 in the settings is useless
HELLO, ON MY WATCH 1122 WRONG PASSWORD IS WRITING (
try 1234. 1122 didn’t work for me either. tried 1111, 0000, only 1234 came up.
Good afternoon, the watch is looking for the network further, there is no service. I reset the password 1234 to the factory settings. Didn’t help if someone faced such a problem? I don’t know what to try next.
reset the settings and the clock did not turn on anymore