The first method is the most common. You have a mobile Internet connection and want to create an access point using the Wi-Fi built into your phone. Previously, this had to be done with Shaman dances, but now everything comes out of the box for any device. But mobile cellular operators are also NOT asleep and may impose restrictions on this method of distribution, up to an additional fee. Let’s see how this is done for all modern mobile operating systems.
Your smartphone will not be a full-fledged router, but it is quite capable of providing several devices with the Internet. For permanent work, it is better to get a good router.
The instructions below can be summarized at the following
And who loves details and text, we do it step by step as I do. Sharing internet on Android is not that difficult, even for complete dummies:
- Go to Settings.
- In wireless networks Tapa by “”.
- We select “Modem mode”. This is the same function for creating an access point, do not look at all the veiled names.
- The settings allow you to organize the distribution of the Internet to all channels at once. In this section, we are now interested in. “Wi-Fi access point” and its configuration through “Access point settings”.
- “Manage permitted devices” and then we mark “connect all devices”. so that others can connect to you without restrictions. Otherwise, you will have to add each device manually.
- We make the settings ourselves. “Wi-Fi access point” and set the desired network name and password:
- After closing the wifi with a password, the access point needs to be activated. put a tick and get a message that everything is active:
Everything! You can connect to the phone, the Internet will be distributed quietly. In the same settings, all connected devices will be displayed (you can also disconnect them here):
And again for Samsung. There are small differences, but the general scheme is NOT different:
I could not ignore the fans of Apple products. Nothing complicated, it’s Apple)
- Modem mode
- Choosing via Wi-Fi
- The password is created here immediately, if you wish, you can change it, but it’s easier to immediately activate the point:
From phone to tablet
Separate Subcategory, but really nothing special here. Internet from phone to tablet needs to be distributed in the same way as usual: we create a Wi-Fi access point, connect to it on the tablet. everything works.
The main thing here is to understand that a modern tablet is the same computer with an operating system. be it Android, iOS, or even, as in my case, with full Windows.
3 ways to distribute the Internet from any phone to your phone, computer or laptop
Every day the topics are becoming more relevant. Just the other day, I queued up a response to a comment on how to distribute the Internet from a phone, and now I needed it myself. So, hot on the heels, let’s get down to action. I’ll tell you about everything Possible options. via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or even via USB. Go!
It is now possible to distribute the Internet from any smartphone, the main thing is that it has this very mobile Internet. 2G, 3G, 4G or even third-party Wi-Fi for further transmission via USB. I’ll start in order. All in detailed step by step instructions. But if you suddenly have any problems. feel free to write in the comments to this article, I will try to help.
Download in the market. Go to the application. set the network name, password, activate the network. The same action, only a little less (or with the installation of more) unnecessary movements.
Third Party Programs
You can also use third-party programs to connect. Here you need to understand that in history it turned out that before everything had to be done with hands and teams. Therefore, the developers began to make beautiful applications that allow you to do all this in one click. In fact, these programs do all the same, and I don’t see much point in bothering with their installation.
But I’ll show you a few for review. There are also for all phone models. search in your stores.
From phone to computer
It is quite possible to build a distribution of the Internet from a phone to a computer or laptop. The way, to be honest, is so-so, it is better to take a router, but it will go without fish.
There is nothing to describe here either, any of the options above will do:
- Wi-Fi hotspot. if your computer has a Wi-Fi adapter. Launches the network, connect, work. Especially relevant for all laptops, netbooks and tablets on which Wi-Fi is present from birth.
- Bluetooth is a very perverse method these days, but it also happens. First pairing both devices with each other, and then activate the distribution via Bluetooth in modem mode.
- USB. if nothing else works. You connect the phone via a wire to a computer or laptop, including distribution in modem mode, it is still configured, and you can easily use.
How to connect to this Bluetooth is another matter. But for distribution, just select the Bluetooth item:
Before distributing the Internet, do not forget to make Pairing PC and Smartphone by standard means. And then some at first distribute it is not clear what and it is not clear where, and then they DO NOT understand where the legs of the problem grow from.
Phone to Phone
A very common situation is to transfer the Internet from one phone to another phone. you also create an access point using any of the above methods, calmly connect from your Android or iPhone.
Second way. Fourth way
This is the most hemorrhoid method, so we recommend using it only if you have absolutely nothing to do.
So, we need two programs: OpenVPN and Azilink. Try to download their newest versions.
- Installing OpenVPN on a personal computer
- Download the Azilink archive on a PC and unpack it
- Connect Android to PC using a USB cable (if needed “firewood”, Install them)
- Download and Install the Azilink app on your device.
- Launch the program on Android and put a tick in front of the “Service active”
- On the PC, go to the folder that we unpacked before. In it we find a file called start-vpn.Cmd, double-click to activate it and wait for the installation process to finish.
- As a result, the installation window will display “Initialization Sequence Completed”, and “Connected to host” will appear on the phone display and technical information about the connection status, speed and volume of transmission and received Internet traffic will be displayed.
Mobile Internet via Wi-Fi
- We go into the settings, click the “more” tab and select the item “modem mode”
Here we press the item “Access point” Wi-Fi “and begin to configure the access point
That’s all. Our smartphone is now an Internet distribution device.
Mobile Internet via USB cable
All Android smartphones can be connected via USB cable to PC as a modem.
There are several different connection options, let’s look at them in order:
- Install the application on Android. PC version Install too.
- We connect the device to a PC via a USB cable
- If the PC does not see the Android device, install the necessary “firewood”.
- We go into the android settings, scroll to the very bottom and select the “For Developers” tab. At the very top, activate this mode and put a checkmark in front of the item “Debugging via USB”
Launch EasyTether Lite on your smartphone and put a tick in front of the “USB” item
On the PC taskbar, find the EasyTether Lite icon, right-click and select “Connect on devise attachment”.
That’s all, you can use the Internet from Android to PC.
The first way
- We connect your Android device to a PC or laptop using a USB cable
- Most often, the PC itself recognizes the device connected to it and installs the drivers necessary for correct operation with the smartphone. If this did not happen, then Install the “firewood” manually. They are on the disk, which can be bundled with a smartphone or they will be in the internal memory of the gadget.
- If the drivers are in the smartphone, connect it to the computer as a normal USB device. To do this, we hook up the smartphone to the PC. A connection icon appeared at the top of the display in the control panel. Swipe the panel down and click on the tab USB connection established.
We see the following picture:
We put a tick in front of the item “Media device” (MTP) and voila, the PC recognizes your smartphone as an ordinary USB flash drive. Installing the required drivers.
That’s all we have achieved what we wanted.
How to share internet Wi-Fi from an Android phone
Internet distribution methods:
- Using a USB cable. This method is only suitable for distributing the Internet from a smartphone to a PC or laptop
- Using Wi-Fi. This method is suitable for any device. Of course, a prerequisite is the presence of a Wi-Fi module on a device that accepts the Internet.
- Using bluetooth. This method is suitable for distributing Internet from phone to phone. By analogy with the previous paragraph, the receiving device must be equipped with a Bluetooth module.
Mobile Internet via Bluetooth
- We go into the settings, click the “more” tab and select the “modem mode” item
We put a tick in front of the item “Bluetooth modem”
Opposite the name in both smartphones there is a settings button, press it and see the following picture
Now you can use the worldwide network on both devices.
So, as we have seen, there are many ways to turn your gadget into a device that distributes the Internet. Most of them are simple and understandable to any user.
It should be noted that the speed of the Internet on connected devices will directly depend on the initial speed of the “distributor”. And the more phones, laptops and PCs you connect, the less it will become for each individual gadget.
Now everyone is accustomed to using Wi-Fi, it is convenient, no wires or additional devices are needed. But sometimes there is a need to connect in the second way.
Why can’t I connect
If you do everything according to the instructions, found the desired option in the gadget and activated it, but you still cannot connect to the Internet, then the following reasons are most likely:
- You are entering the wrong network name or password. This is the most common problem. When connecting your computer, be careful to check if the input language is correct and also if you press Caps Lock. If you still can’t connect, change the password for your mobile modem.
- There is a network connection. Perhaps you forgot to turn on the mobile Internet, pay for it, or just comments on the cellular network signal. This often happens, especially when traveling.
- There was some kind of failure, or a technique “slows down”. Just wait a little and try again.
- This is rare, but the Wi-Fi adapter can break. Try a different connection method.
In general, network problems are very rare in modern gadgets. But if you do run into them, try to calmly figure out the reason and establish a connection.
Using third-party programs
In rare cases, after flashing or other manipulations with the smartphone, the modem mode becomes unavailable, that is, it is simply available in the standard settings. If you DO NOT find the option you need, try installing a special program for distributing the Internet over Wi-Fi, for example, “osmino: Share Wi-Fi for Free” or “FoxFi”. The first application is in Russian, the second is in English.
You can install them from the Play Store. I’ll show you how such programs work, using FoxFi as an example.
Click on the button “Install”, accept the terms and conditions and wait for the download. When the application is installed, open it.
Note: before using FoxFi, check if the Internet is connected to the phone, without it the program will NOT work.
A list of settings appears immediately. We need to set a password and put a check mark next to the inscription “Wi-Fi Hotspot”, you can also change the network name. That’s all the settings.
How to distribute Internet from phone to computer, tablet, laptop or other phone
Mobile phones have a wide range of capabilities, but we most often DO NOT use most of their functionality. For example, I have known for a long time that a smartphone can be used as a router, but I have never done this. And recently, the Internet was turned off for a day. For me, a day without a connection is a disaster, so I learned myself and now I will tell you how to distribute the Internet from a phone to a computer and other devices in an apartment.
In this case, you first need to connect the computer to the gadget via a USB port with a special cable, usually it comes with the gadget. Are you connected? Now open the settings in the phone and go to the section “Wireless network”, click on the word “” and find the item “Modem mode”. In the list of options that opens, select “USB modem”.
This option comes first in my list. As you can imagine, it is possible to make distribution in this way only to one device to which we connect with a cord. On a PC or laptop, in this case, a connection icon will appear in the taskbar via a wire, and not via Wi-Fi.
On Windows Phone
These phones are a thing of the past, but some users still have them. If you are one of them, then go to the settings and go to the section “Shared internet”.
Here you need to choose “Via Wi-Fi” and set the network name and password at the first connection. Done, you can transfer some of the traffic to PCs and other devices.
Connect your computer
After we have made the necessary settings in the phone, click on the Wi-Fi icon in the taskbar on your PC or laptop.
Then we select the network name, enter the password and connect the computer to the mobile Internet. Please note that the speed will most likely not be very high, and you will hardly be able to watch movies, but chatting with friends or answering emails in e-mail is quite possible.
Wi-Fi connection via settings
This is the most convenient and common way to share the Internet. For everything to work out, you need an Android or iOS device that has the appropriate function and a receiving device with a Wi-Fi adapter. Most modern PCs, laptops and tablets are equipped with it, but if you have an old model of equipment, or the adapter is broken, then nothing will work.
If there are technical obstacles comments, let’s move on. We check the availability of a mobile network and account status. If everything is in order here, and the mobile Internet is working properly, let’s get down to business.
Previously, this technology was used quite often, and it was convenient, until Wi-Fi appeared. But the Bluetooth module is not installed in all devices, so this method is not suitable for everyone.
First you need to allow Bluetooth access to your computer or laptop. To do this, go to the menu “Start”, “Options”, section “Devices”, open additional parameters and allow the second devices to see our PC.
Now go to the phone settings and turn on Bluetooth, for this you need to move the lever to the active position. Then click on the word itself “Bluetooth” find the computer name in the list and tap on the word “To plug”.
On Windows 10, a pop-up window immediately appears, which reports that a new device has been detected. In the second versions of the operating system, it may not be there, it’s okay, just follow the instructions.
Click on the window and Confirm the correctness of the code in the phone and on the computer. After that, Windows will make some settings and indicate readiness for work.
Note: do not forget to turn on mobile internet before setting up your laptop or PC.
Now go back to the menu “Start”, “Options”, section “Devices”, paragraph “Devices and Printers”.
We find the phone in the list, right-click on it, select in the context menu “Connect via”, “Access point”. After that, a message about successful connection will appear on the screen, and a connection icon will be added to the tray.
Perhaps the easiest way to distribute Wi-Fi from your phone is to use the so-called modem mode. With it you can share the Internet with other users.
Let’s consider the process of its activation using the example of a smartphone from Samsung. So, to enable modem mode, you need:
- Go to the “Settings” menu. There you need to find the “Connections” item and tap on it.
- Then you need to go to the section called “Access Point and Modem”.
- There is the item “Mobile hotspot”, but opposite you can see the switch. Click on it to activate tethering.
After carrying out the above manipulations, the mobile access point is activated, and your phone can act as a router. You will be able to distribute the Internet from your phone to a laptop and other devices that have a hardware Wi-Fi module.
Attention! Before turning on the distribution of the Internet Make sure that your tariff plan provides you with mobile traffic.
How to distribute the Internet
Not so long ago, it was impossible to distribute Wi-Fi from a mobile device. Fortunately, recently Wi-Fi Direct technology has been introduced into modern devices. What is Wi-Fi Direct and what is it for? In fact, this is a special technology that allows you to distribute the Internet directly from Android, iPad, iPhone and other mobile devices. At the same time, there is no need for an intermediary device in the form of a router. This feature is implemented using a special hardware module, which is built into a mobile gadget.
The ability to distribute the Internet from iPad and other mobile devices has recently appeared. Let’s consider several ways how you can distribute the Internet from a mobile device to a tablet, phone, laptop, computer, etc.
How to distribute mobile Internet from a phone
Author: Alexander January 24 2018
The situation when you need to distribute Wi-Fi from your phone happens quite often. Fortunately, modern smartphones have a special hardware module that allows you to share the Internet. Nevertheless, many users do not know how to distribute the Internet from a phone. If you belong to this category of people, then you have come to the right place. Indeed, in this article we will talk about how you can distribute the Internet from an iPhone or Android.
Access point settings
A mobile hotspot, like any router, can be configured (i.e. change the hotspot name, set a password, etc.). This is done as follows:
- Go to the menu “Mobile hotspot” (how to get to it mentioned above).
- Tap on the “Advanced” button, which is located in the right corner of the screen. It looks like an ellipsis.
- In the drop-down list, tap on the item “Setting up a mobile access point”. A new window will open. In it you can see the current password, set a new access key, change the name of the hotspot.
Wi-Fi over Bluetooth
Computers do not have a built-in Wi-Fi module. After all, they usually connect directly to the router via an Ethernet cable. Accordingly, it will NOT be possible to distribute the Internet from a phone to a computer via a mobile hotspot. What to do? There is a way out. you need to distribute Wi-Fi Bluetooth. To do this, on the phone, in the “Access point and modem” section, you need to move the switch next to the Bluetooth modem item to the active position.
I started the Bluetooth modem mode, you need to turn on the computer and follow the instructions below:
- Before sharing Wi-Fi from an iPhone or Android phone, you need to connect your PC to your mobile device. To do this, go to the control panel of your computer (you can do this through the “Search”).
- In Control Panel, click on the tab titled “Devices”. There you need to select the sub-item “Bluetooth”.
- The system will detect the devices that are located near your PC. Select your device from the proposed list, then click on the “Connect” button.
- The smartphone will ask you to connect. To confirm it, you need to tap on the “Create a pair” button. On the PC, you also need to confirm the connection in the window that appears.
- The connection between the devices is established. To use the mobile Internet, you need to right-click on the Bluetooth icon, which is located on the computer’s taskbar.
- Select “Show Bluetooth Devices” from the drop-down list. A new window will open with a list of paired devices. Select your smartphone, then click on “Connect via” in the top panel. In the drop-down list, select the “Access Point” option.
After carrying out the above manipulations, the Internet on the computer should appear. If the sites still DO NOT load, then try changing the DNS address. This is done as follows:
- Go to the “Network Connections” section, which is located on the control panel.
- Then RMB click on the “Bluetooth Network Connection” adapter. In the drop-down list, click on the “Properties”.
- Find the item “IP version 4 (TCP / IPv4)” and then click the “Properties” button. A new window will open in which it is necessary to check the “Use the following DNS server addresses” item. Now manually register the static DNS address.
Wi-Fi over USB
However, not all computers have a module for connecting via Bluetooth. In this case, the only way to connect to the mobile internet is to use USB. Before sharing Wi-Fi on your iPhone or Android, connect your smartphone to your computer via a cable. Then you need to go to the “Access point and modem” section and there activate the switch that is opposite the USB-modem item.
A new network connection appears on the computer. It is through him that you can get access to the World Wide Web.
Important! If you are the owner of an Apple device, then iTunes must be installed on your computer for a correct USB connection.
How to distribute Wi-Fi from computer to phone using OS capabilities?
First, let’s look at the entire sequence of actions using the example of Windows 7. You need to:
- Go to the control panel. Further in the section “Network and Internet”. From there go to the “Network and Sharing Center”.
- Then they will call it “Setting up a new connection or network.” Choose the option. “computer-computer”. Fill in empty lines: come up with a network name, select the connection type. WPA2-PSK, create a password. At the end, save the parameters, click “Next”.
- Go to the “Additional parameters.” section. Here will enable connection sharing. How exactly? It’s just that in front of all the items you need to put a tick in front of “turn on.”.
If you did everything correctly, now from your phone (tablet, laptop, etc.) you can start a search for available Wi-Fi points, find the network you have created and connect to it by entering the security password you specified earlier (in step 2).
At the same time, the easiest way is to provide Wi-Fi distribution from a computer to a phone, if the OS is Windows 10. Here you just need to create a so-called “hotspot”. Let’s go in order:
- Open the “Settings” section (this is a button with a gear icon in the start menu) and go to the “Network and Internet” section.
- We click on the “mobile hot spot” tab. In the menu that appears, all Wi-Fi data will already be there. However, you can remove them and register your own. In any case, you need to click “Save”.
- Then a new menu will appear. At the very top there will be a slider, which must be set to the “on” position.
- The Wi-Fi network should now work. It is also advisable to turn off the antivirus so that there are no problems with the connection.
Is it possible to distribute Wi-Fi to the phone from a computer using additional programs?
There are many different software for distributing Wi-Fi through a computer. Therefore, it will not be difficult for you to choose the most convenient and understandable program for yourself. As an example, we will try the Virtual Router Plus utility in action:
- We download it to your computer or laptop. No need to install the program.
- Open the zipped file. Find “Virtual Router Plus.Exe” and double click on it.
- A window will appear on the screen. There will be several lines here. The topmost one is the name of the network. Come up with any. The second line is reserved for the password. Again, you need to come up with and enter it here. Then this password will be needed when connecting to the network already by phone. The very last line is the connection type. Selecting “wireless network connection”.
- Next, press the big button in the middle of the window. She is signed as “Start Virtual Router Plus”.
- After that, information about a successful launch will be displayed in the tray. Wi-Fi is now distributed from your PC.
Of course, it’s not necessary to just use the Virtual Router Plus utility. There are many other software with similar functionality. For example, Mhotspot, Hotspot Connectify, and more. Dr.
Things to Remember?
Answering the above question, we immediately note that the easiest way is to organize a Wi-Fi network for your home or office using a wireless router, which will easily distribute the Internet to both the iPhone and any other smartphone and even to several computers at once. However, the ability to use such a device is not always available (for example, it is out of order or the area of the room is so large that its signal is not enough).
Therefore, you can try to “force” your computer to distribute the Internet to various gadgets without a special router (router). It’s just important to remember that NOT every PC is capable of this. A prerequisite is the presence of an adapter, which, by the way, can be of several types:
- USB (resembles a USB flash drive with or without antenna);
- PCI (as a separate “bracket” in the motherboard).
over, if you want to distribute the Internet from a laptop, then it makes sense to buy and install an adapter. On most models, it comes as a built-in device and is present from the factory.
Will the command line help?
Sure. It is possible to distribute the Internet from a computer even without the help of third-party programs. To do this, you need to use the command line. To make it easier for you, we suggest adhering to the following scheme of actions:
- Press the “WINR” key combination on the keyboard.
- A window will appear, in the line of which we drive in “CMD”. Naturally, no quotes. Click “OK”. Watching the command prompt window pop up.
- Now we need to install the wireless access point drivers. To do this, enter in the command term “netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode = allow ssid = My_virtual_Wi-Fi key = 12345678 keyUsage = persistent” (My_virtual_Wi-Fi is the name of the network, 12345678 is the password from it). Then you will most likely have to wait a few seconds. After that, the system will inform you about the successful installation of the software.
- Next, you need to go to the “Device Manager”. A new device named “Adapter.” should appear here. Click on it and then open the “Property” and the “Access” section. Check the boxes opposite the first and third parameters, thus allowing users to connect to the network.
- The next step is to activate Wi-Fi distribution. It is also included through the console. To do this, enter the command: “netsh wlan start hostednetwork”. Done!
- As you could understand when entering the command term, the password for your network is 12345678. If you want to turn off the distribution of Wi-Fi, then enter the command “netsh wlan stop hostednetwork”.
It’s pretty simple. over, this method works on many operating systems, including Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7.
How to distribute the Internet from a computer to a phone via wi-fi
Today the Internet has become an integral part of our life. It is actively used by about 2/3 of all inhabitants of our planet. After all, access to the worldwide network is possible from a variety of mobile and stationary devices. However, the most convenient thing for a modern person is the wireless Internet, which allows you to browse the web, play online games, exchange information with other users and not be tied to one place. That is why more and more often many of us are wondering how to distribute Wi-Fi from a computer to a phone, tablet or any other gadget.?
Let’s sum up
So we figured out how to distribute Wi-Fi from a computer to a phone, tablet or even another PC. The best way to do this is to use a router. If not, then you need an adapter and special drivers. The whole setup Takes no more than 10 minutes. Although for some it may seem like a troublesome occupation.
But it’s pretty simple. A lot depends on which version of Windows you are using. You can also always use special applications, which is not difficult to work with. At the same time, such software helps in a few clicks to convert your computer to an access point.
However, it is even easier to connect a tariff that is beneficial for Internet surfing on a smartphone or tablet. Then you DO NOT have to make a modem from a PC or laptop, try the various methods described above. After all, today the mobile Internet is inexpensive. You can switch to the same beeline or connect to a tariff plan of any other operator, which offers unlimited access to the World Wide Web. Although it’s up to you anyway.
How to distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi from an ASUS phone instruction
Your smartphone supports high-speed Internet and you want to share the Internet from your phone with other devices and don’t know how? On this page you will find detailed instructions on how to distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi on Asus to another phone, tablet, computer, laptop, TV and other devices.
In our example, we will show how to share mobile Internet via a Wi-Fi hotspot on the Asus ZenFone Max Pro, perhaps the information will be suitable for other Android devices.
Let’s see how to distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi from an ASUS phone.
Pull down from the top edge of the screen to open the quick access panel to various useful smartphone functions. In the panel that opens, select the icon “access point”. If there are access point icons on the menu that opens, then you need to scroll by pulling the panel from the right edge of the screen to the left, and possibly vice versa. We need to activate by clicking on this icon, see below in the picture where I have selected the necessary items. In some models, initially there may not be such an item, usually such an item appears in the quick access bar after the first activation of the Wi-Fi hotspot in Android settings.
Now you can connect from another device, for example, from a laptop, via Wi-Fi to an Asus smartphone and use the Internet from your phone. But as you know, in order to connect to the Internet with Asus ZenFone, you also need to know the phone’s access point name and password.
Open “Settings”, you can click on the gear icon from the same quick access panel.
In the settings, select the item “Network and Internet”. Look at the screenshots attached below where the desired one is highlighted.
In the menu that opens, network and Internet, select the item “Access point and modem”.
Now, to activate the access point, you need the item “Wi-Fi hotspot” opposite which move the slider and turn on.
To see the hotspot name and password for connecting to Asus, select “Configure Wi-Fi hotspot”. In the window that opens, you will see both the password and the name of your phone’s access point. If you wish, you can change the name and password.
How to make an access point from a Xiaomi phone for distributing the Internet
Now any device can be connected to the Net. Quite often, it becomes necessary to transfer a connection from one gadget to another. In this situation, mobile connection options come to the rescue. The article below describes how to distribute the Internet on “Xiaomi”.
How to distribute mobile Internet from Xiaomi to other devices
The ability to exchange data on the phone itself must be enabled. This is a must for anyone interested in such features. It remains only to choose the method of distribution, which will be appropriate in this or that case.
The following options are valid:
- Bluetooth modem
- USB modem
- Access point.
How to share Internet on Xiaomi via Wi-Fi
This is one of the most convenient and common options. The smartphone becomes a kind of wireless router. Thanks to this, several devices can be connected to it at once.
The network parameters are configured as follows:
- Go to the item with settings, select the section with a personal access point.
- Select the option with setting up a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Enter the name of the access point in the SSID field.
- Select normal security option. WPA-SPK2.
- Be sure to set a password (minimum number of characters 8).
Note! In some devices it is possible to select a specific frequency range. The recommended option is 2.4 GHz. This frequency is supported by most devices.
To activate the mode, you need:
- Select “Settings”, go to the “Personal Hotspot” menu.
- Named on the line “Wi-Fi access point”.
In most cases, the second step is the Final, since after activation it is already possible to distribute the mobile Internet to the second devices.
Important! You can make a separate hot button to activate this function at the top of the gadget. Then access to it will be faster.
Connecting to such points is the same as in the case of other wireless connections. It is enough to select the activated network, enter the password and wait until the Internet connection is working.
The enabled hotspot mode will NOT allow simultaneous use of Wi-Fi on the phone itself. Only mobile communication with 2G-4G standards remains available.
How to enable Internet sharing on a Xiaomi phone via Bluetooth
Instructions for enabling modem mode via Bluetooth on a computer and laptop:
- Turn on the Bluetooth module on the computer and phone and make sure that the function remains active.
- Will also enable device discovery on both devices.
- Turn on Bluetooth modem in phone settings.
- On the computer, enable the Show Devices button.
- Right-click the name of the corresponding smartphone.
- Select the desired access point in the line.
Then you can use the Internet on your PC.
Note! This type of connection quickly depletes the mobile phone battery. Therefore, you should foresee a free socket near the computer in advance.
Basic Internet Sharing Functions
By default, most phones have the same settings. But it’s better to deal with the parameters anyway, then it will be easier to organize uninterrupted work.
- Network name. It can consist of any symbols, letters and numbers.
- Security protocol. When you install it, you will be able to share the Internet only from the topic by users who are given a password. Otherwise, unauthorized access is prohibited.
- Shutdown intervals. This feature is important for those looking to save on bandwidth and battery costs. It is assumed that if the network is idle, data transmission and reception will be automatically disabled. Standard intervals are 5-10 minutes. In this case, it will NOT work to distribute the connection without additional actions.
Note! Wi-Fi hotspot users ”is a column that deserves special attention. After all, strangers can also connect to the gadget, and in most cases the traffic is paid. It is better to carefully monitor how and why the information transmitted through this connection channel is spent. And passwords do not always provide reliable protection, since they can simply be passed to friends and acquaintances, or else they can be reported to others.
If all the moods are correct, but other devices still DO NOT see the connections, then this indicates an error. Sometimes it happens. Here are just some of the most common cases:
- Sometimes the Internet sharing function is blocked due to the installation of antivirus software. Then it is recommended to disable the program for a while or delete it altogether.
- The virus got into the mobile device itself. Cleaning the gadget will help here. You need to remove the dubious applications completely and separately check the processes that boot the phone for viruses.
- Errors due to the operation of the operating system itself. In this case, everything will work after a factory reset is performed. “Recovery and reset”. a separate menu item in the case of the Android operating system.
Transfer the Internet from phone to phone
In this case, it is imperative that the Internet works on at least one mobile device from the chain. Signal strength should be sufficient for stable transmission.
The startup process depends on which operating systems are used in a particular case. Usually, the distribution of the Internet involves performing the same actions that have already been described earlier. You only need to choose the appropriate method, which is more convenient in one case or another.
How to connect a smartphone as a USB modem
The method is suitable if you need to distribute the Internet from a smartphone to a computer. The procedure in this case is as follows:
- Open the item with the settings, go to the menu with an additional tab.
- Select a section with a USB modem.
- In the network connection on the computer itself, a new item should appear. USB-modem.
- Right-click on “Local Area Connection”.
- Select the inclusion of Wi-Fi in the menu that appears.
Important! This method is suitable if the computer is not equipped with a WLAN module. The phone then serves as a receiver for the wireless signal.
In addition, the USB tethering mode will allow you to use the Internet without any time limits. The battery of the device itself will be constantly charged via the cable.
Note! The main thing is to take into account that the battery capacity in this case decreases with the constant use of such modes. The tablet is no exception to THESE rules.
Bypassing restrictions when distributing the Internet over Wi-Fi
and more users are interested in tariffs from operators with unlimited Internet. But they have some limitations, including those related to the distribution of communication to the second devices. There are several ways to accomplish this task.
Here are some options that will definitely give the desired result:
- Editing the HOSTS file on a personal computer;
- Change or fix the TTL value;
- Changing IMEI on dispensers. This function is supported not only by Xiaomi phones, but also by Redmi.
In the case of IMEI, you must use the designation of a smartphone that supports the Windows operating system. Then the traffic will receive less attention from device manufacturers. The main thing is that IMEI is not registered in the same network.
Note! Another option for changing IMEI is using a special terminal, which works on the command line principle. This application is officially available on Google Play. Different commands apply depending on the specific phone model.
The duration of the traffic packets is referred to as TTL. For most operating systems on smartphones, it is set at level 64.The device transmits the value of the operator’s network by default when a connection is made. Decrease by one unit occurs for connections using routers and modems. Because of this, the operator quickly recognizes the option with a SIM card.
Changing TTL values helps to deal with the limitations. But for the program to function correctly, you need Root rights. After launching specialized applications, users will first see the current number, and then the number that must be entered to get rid of the negative consequences.
Note! Manual setting of indicators is acceptable, but in this case additional skills are required.
Mobile devices can now support the Internet just as well as on personal computers and laptops. This creates a lot of opportunities for the exchange of information, even if they are at a decent distance. Every year, the coverage area and territories in which high-speed Internet remains available are increasing. Sharing Wi-Fi from Android to other devices makes life easier. The main thing is to follow a few simple rules described above in the article.
Internet distribution from phone to tablet
Sharing internet from your android phone is an undeniably useful feature. All its advantages, I felt when I bought myself a tablet. And now I was faced with a task. I already have a phone with the Internet, but I don’t have to pull out my SIM card to watch the Internet in my tablet. So I decided not to bother with this whole thing, but to set up the distribution of the Internet via wi-fi, from my phone. It’s good, both the SIM card in the phone and the Internet will be both in the phone and we will distribute the tablet.
Let’s look at how the whole thing is set up and connected For an example, I use a Chinese phone Android zopo Who has branded phones, not Chinese, the names may differ, but the principle is the same.
Click settings. And select the item another device.
Next, we need to select the item modem mode
After that we will be transferred to the next window, where we select the item to configure a Wi-Fi hotspot
Here we are in the Hotspot configuration profile. Now we need to come up with a network name (I called my network zopo), you can come up with and write absolutely any name for your network, and come up with any password for our network. When you do all this, remember and press save. Now we have created our network. Now we know the name of our network and the password from it.
Next, let’s connect our Internet distribution from the phone. To do this, go one step back and put a tick on the Portable Hotspot
We exit the settings and we should have on the phone’s desktop, this icon will appear in my upper left corner. If you have it, then everything worked for us. And now do not forget to turn on the Internet in the phone, and let’s try on some other device to connect with our phone and get access to the Internet.
For example, I take my tablet, and try to connect to the Internet on my tablet through my phone with the Internet on.
We enter the tablet settings. Wireless networks and turn on wi-fi This is how we turned on wi-fi on the tablet, we are looking for the name of our new network, which we created in the telephone. I have this zopo and as soon as I found my network, I press on it.
Now we enter the password from our network with you, which we created a little higher.
The password was entered, connected and we see under the name of our network, the inscription is connected. Everything, distribution of the Internet from phone to tablet, goes well.
Open the browser and open the Internet.
In such a simple way, we set up an Android phone to distribute the Internet. And now on any device, be it a smartphone, phone, tablet, laptop or PC device, the main thing is Wi-Fi, we can connect to the Internet.