I will not dwell on all devices, tk. rather, everyone came here for the distribution of wifa. The main thing in the Modem mode settings is to select a connection not via Wi-Fi, but USB:
First, you need to connect the phone to the computer. Everything will set up by itself, the time for complex manual settings is gone with Windows XP. Windows 7 and Windows 10 deal with this as nothing to do.
The instructions below can be summarized at the following
And who loves details and text, we do it step by step as I do. Sharing internet on Android is not that difficult, even for complete dummies:
- In Wireless networks, tap on “”.
- We select “Modem mode”. This is the very function of creating an access point, despite all the veil of the name.
- The settings allow you to organize the distribution of the Internet to all channels at once. In this section, we are now interested in. “Wi-Fi access point” and its configuration through “Access point settings”.
- “Manage allowed devices” and then we mark “Connect all devices”. so that others can connect to you without restrictions. Otherwise, you will have to add each device manually.
- We make the settings ourselves. “Wi-Fi access point” and set the desired network name and password:
- After closing the wifi with a password, the access point needs to be activated. put a tick and get a message that everything is active:
All! You can connect to the phone, the Internet will be distributed quietly. In the same settings, all connected devices will be displayed (you can also disable them here):
And again for Samsung. There are small differences, but they do not differ from the general scheme:
I could not ignore the lovers of apple products. Nothing complicated, it’s Apple)
- The password is created here immediately, if you wish, you can change it, but it’s easier to immediately activate the point:
The first method is the most common. You have a mobile Internet connection and want to create an access point using the built-in Wi-Fi of your phone. Previously, this had to be done with shamanic dances, but now everything comes out of the box for any device. But mobile cellular operators are also on the alert and may impose restrictions on this distribution method, up to an additional fee. Let’s see how this is done for all modern mobile operating systems.
Your smartphone will not be a full-fledged router, but it is quite capable of providing several devices with the Internet. For permanent work, it is better to get a good router.
Phone to phone
A very common situation is to transfer the Internet from one phone to another phone. also create an access point using any of the above methods, calmly connect from your Android or iPhone.
3 ways to distribute the Internet from any phone to your phone, computer or laptop
Every day the topics are becoming more relevant. Just the other day, I queued up a response to a comment on how to distribute the Internet from a phone, and now I needed it myself. So, in hot pursuit, let’s get down to action. I’ll tell you about all the possible options. via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or even via USB. Go!
It is now possible to distribute the Internet from any smartphone, the main thing is that it has this very mobile Internet. 2G, 3G, 4G or even third-party Wi-Fi for further transmission via USB. I’ll start in order. All in detailed step-by-step instructions. But if suddenly you have any problems. feel free to write in the comments to this article, I will try to help.
Do not forget to turn on the mobile Internet on your phone before sharing it!
Download in the market. Go to the application. set the network name, password, activate the network. The same actions, only a little less (or with the installation of more) unnecessary movements.
Third Party Programs
You can also use third-party programs to connect. Here you need to understand that in history it happened that before everything had to be done with hands and teams. Therefore, developers began to create beautiful applications that allow you to do all this in one click. In fact, these programs do all the same, and I don’t see much point in bothering with their installation.
But I’ll show you a few for review. Available for all phone models. search in your stores.
How to distribute the Internet via Wi-Fi?
The first step is to make a wireless access point from the tablet. Then it will be possible to connect other devices to it, which at the same time will be able to access the Internet. How to do it? Let’s break it down point by point:
- You will need the tablet itself, equipped with a SIM card. In addition, the device must contain a configured connection to the mobile Internet (3g, 4g) through any telecom operator (MTS, Beeline, Yota, Megafon, etc.). If the tablet is simply connected to another Wi-Fi point, then make of the gadget the access point will be quite difficult.
- Then you need to go to the settings. In the “Wireless networks” section, click on the “” button. On most Android versions, it is located just below the “Wi-Fi”, “Bluetooth”, “Traffic Control” items. In other interfaces, you will not find the button. Instead. “Additional settings”.
- As soon as you click on “” (or “Additional settings”) a special menu will open. Next, you need to select “Modem Mode”.
- Tap Access Point. Another window will open, where at the very top you can activate the Wi-Fi modem. To do this, slide the switch to the right. Most likely, the tablet will “think” for a few seconds. Then he may ask you to turn off Wi-Fi. Some models of such devices cannot simultaneously distribute the Internet and be connected to the World Wide Web through a wireless connection.
- Now you need to go to the “Access Point Settings”. Here you can change the name of the network to make it easier to find it from a computer, smartphone or other device that has a Wi-Fi module. Next, it is advisable to set a password. You will enter it when you connect to a tablet, which has now, in fact, become a wireless router. You don’t have to set a password. It is enough to select “no” in the “Security” window. However, if you plan to use your tablet computer as a modem for a long time, then you should protect yourself from neighbors who can use the free Internet and connect to an access point without any problems. Just remember that the security key must be about 8 characters or more. Also in this section you can limit the number of users who can connect to the network. Once you have configured all the fields, click the “Save” button.
- Now you can easily connect to the tablet, which began to function as a wireless Internet access point. It is enough to run Wi-Fi on a smartphone, laptop or personal computer. In the list, you will see the new network with the set name. Click on it, click “Connect” and enter the password (unless, of course, you put a security key).
- If you did everything correctly, then, most likely, when connecting, a window will appear where you will need to select a network location. There will be three items. a home network, an enterprise network, and a public network. Choose any.
- Go to the browser and check the connection to the world wide web.
- All now, through the tablet, you have configured wireless Internet access for another device.
By the way, on some models of tablet devices (ASUS, Lenovo, Samsung, etc.), the access point auto-off function is activated from the factory after some time. For example, if the wireless network is not used for 5-10 minutes, then the tablet stops working in modem mode. As a result, you have to re-configure the device and connect to the new network. Therefore, in the “WLAN hotspot” section, find the item “Auto power off”. Then turn the switch to the “always on” position.
How to distribute the Internet from a tablet
Each tablet owner thought about how to turn the device into a kind of modem, distributing the Internet from it to other devices. a smartphone, laptop, PC, etc. Let’s just say. it’s quite real. over, such a procedure will not seem complicated to a skilled user. However, it will be useful for everyone to learn a few nuances. Therefore, we will tell you in as much detail as possible about how to distribute the Internet from a tablet.
Other ways to share the Internet through a tablet
There are other ways to provide the distribution of the Internet from a tablet to a phone, PC or laptop. Not only by creating a Wi-Fi hotspot, but also by means of a USB cable. What needs to be done for this?
- We connect the tablet to the Internet. Can be over 3g or 4g, as well as over Wi-Fi.
- Then you will need to connect the tablet to your computer or laptop via a USB cable.
- The next step is to go to “Settings”. Then. “Wireless networks”. “”. “Modem mode”. In fact, the same path as when setting up the distribution of the Internet via Wi-Fi. Only now, instead of the top line “Access point”, we are interested in the line “USB modem”. Here you need to check the box or activate the switch.
- Now a new connection will appear on the computer or laptop. To make it active, open the network connections window. Then right-click on the corresponding icon. Then in the menu that appears, select “Enable”.
- If you have a modern OS, the system will install all the necessary drivers on its own. Otherwise, you will have to go to the website of the tablet manufacturer and download the necessary software there.
- You have now activated the device as a USB tethering. Through the appropriate cable, the tablet can distribute the Internet.
The connection speed with this connection method is lower than with Wi-Fi distribution. At the same time, much depends on the quality of the cable. Therefore, we recommend using a good cord. Desirable, the one that came with the tablet.
How to send Tablet Wi-Fi to PC via USB cable (USB Tethering, Samsung Galaxy Tab A)
Move on. It is possible to connect the tablet as a Bluetooth modem. To do this, you need to do most of the points that we talked about above (via Wi-Fi and USB). Also go to the address “Settings”. “”. “Modem mode”. Only this time you need to check the box next to “Bluetooth modem”.
Next, you need to pair the two devices. In addition, the detection function must be enabled both on the tablet and on the receiving Internet device. We are waiting for the “Bluetooth pairing request” window to appear. It must be confirmed both on a smartphone / PC / laptop and on the source of the Internet connection (tablet).
After all of the above, we recommend running (most likely, you will have to download it in advance) the BlueVPN program. This utility helps to create faster and more reliable internet transmission via bluetooth. If for some reason there is no connection, then in the “Devices and Printers” section, right-click on the tablet icon, and then confirm the item “Connect via”. “Access Point”.
Share Internet From Windows Laptop With Phone and Tablets | Guiding Tech
That being said, remember that Bluetooth has decent transmission speed limits. You shouldn’t expect a comfortable web surfing. Not to mention watching movies online. At most, this speed will be enough to perform “common” tasks. checking mail, communicating in instant messengers, etc.
How to distribute the Internet from a computer using a cable
If you need to share the internet with another computer that doesn’t have a Wi-Fi adapter, you can do it using a regular internet cable. This method is called network bridging.
- Connect the Ethernet ports of both devices with a cable.
- On the computer from which you want to share the Internet, open the “Control Panel” and go to “Network and Sharing Center” → “Change adapter settings”. Names in different versions of Windows may differ.
- In the window that opens, select two connections using the Ctrl key. The first one should be responsible for connecting your computer to the Internet. The second is for connecting a second computer to this one. Right click on any of the two connections and select “Bridge Configuration”.
After a few seconds, a new connection should appear with the name “Network Bridge”, and the status “Connected, Connected” should be displayed next to the used connections. If everything goes well, the Internet will work on the second computer. But this may not happen immediately, but after 10-15 minutes.
How to distribute the Internet from a computer via cable or Wi-Fi
Several easy ways to share the internet with mobile devices and other computers.
If you need to share the Internet with multiple gadgets, but don’t have a router at hand, you can do without one. This instruction will help you turn your computer into a router for distributing the Internet through an access point (Wi-Fi network) or Ethernet wire.
How to distribute the Internet from a computer using third-party software
If you do not want to mess with the command line, you can use a special utility for quickly setting up a wireless access point. With the free Connectify Hotspot software, you can get it done in minutes.
- Download and Install Connectify Hotspot.
- Run the program and follow the prompts on the screen. The Russian interface language can be selected in the settings. The utility will ask you to set the type of computer connection to the Internet and the parameters of the new wireless network. After that, it remains to click on the start button to activate the access point.
When you’re done, you can distribute the internet to other devices over Wi-Fi. You can control the wireless network right in the program window.
Connectify Hotspot also has a paid version with additional features. For example, it allows you to distribute not only landline Internet via Wi-Fi, but also 3G and 4G. Hotspot Pro costs 35.
How to share the internet on a Windows computer
How to distribute the Internet from a computer using the Mobile Hotspot function (Windows 10 only)
The fastest way to share the Internet wirelessly, no additional programs or complex settings required.
Find the “Mobile Hotspot” menu: select “Start” → “Settings” (gear) → “Network and Internet” → “Mobile Hotspot”.
In the Internet Connection Sharing field, select the type of connection that connects the current computer to the Internet. It can be a Wi-Fi (or 3G) or Ethernet wireless connection.
Click “Change” and in the next window specify the name and password for the new wireless network through which the computer will distribute the Internet.
At the top of the page, enable the option “Allow the use of my internet connection on other devices”.
After that, you can distribute the Internet through the created Wi-Fi network. It is enough to connect the necessary devices to it using the password created in the third step. And you can turn off the distribution of the Internet in the same place where the wireless connection is turned off. in the “Network” window on the taskbar.
How to distribute the Internet from a computer via the command line
Another way to share wireless internet without third-party software. Not as simple as the previous one, but it works not only in Windows 10, but also in previous versions of the OS.
Run Command Prompt. To do this, enter “Command” in the search for the system, right-click on the found element and select “Run as administrator”.
To create a new distribution network, enter the command netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode = allow ssid = Stacy key = 4419E1z # in the line and press Enter. Instead of Stacy, you can enter any other network name, and instead of 4419E1z #. any other password.
To activate the created access point, enter the command netsh wlan start hostednetwork and press Enter again. If the commands worked, you will see the following text.
Now allow other users to go online through the created network. First open the Windows “Control Panel” and select “Network and Sharing Center”.
Then right-click on the icon for connecting your computer to the Internet, select “Properties” → “Access” and check the boxes next to the permission requests. In the “Home network connection” field, select the wireless connection created in the second step of the instruction.
After that, you can connect other devices to the Wi-Fi network configured in this way using the specified password. To disable the hotspot, type netsh wlan stop hostednetwork at a command prompt. To re-enable it, use the netsh wlan start hostednetwork command.
If the Internet does not work on the connected devices, open the Device Manager menu through the Control Panel, expand the Network Adapters item and check that all devices from this list are turned on. If you find inactive among them, enable them using the context menu.
If you have other problems, try reinstalling the network adapter drivers manually by downloading them from the manufacturer’s website, or automatically using Driver Booster or DriverPack service. The latter will do everything for you.
How to share internet on Mac
In macOS, it’s pretty easy to set up Internet sharing both via cable and Wi-Fi. For this you do not need additional programs.
- Expand the Apple menu and go to System Preferences → Sharing.
- Check the “Shared Internet” box on the left pane and select the type of connection between the current computer and the Internet in the “Shared connection” list on the right side of the window. For example, if it is connected to the Network via a cable, choose Ethernet.
- In the For Computers Using box, select a method for sharing the Internet with other devices. For example, if you want to distribute the Internet without wires, choose Wi-Fi, if by cable, then Ethernet.
If you selected Wi-Fi, uncheck the Shared Internet checkbox, click Wi-Fi Settings and set the hotspot name and password, then check the Shared Internet checkbox again.
After making these settings, you can connect other devices to the computer using the selected method.
How to distribute the Internet from a smartphone via Bluetooth
In the “Modem mode” menu, select the “Bluetooth modem” item, you do not need to turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone beforehand. it will happen automatically. But you need to make Bluetooth on your smartphone visible to other devices. This can be done in the Settings. Wireless & networks. Bluetooth menu.
To distribute the Internet via Bluetooth from a smartphone to a computer:
- Turn on Bluetooth on the PC and create a pair (when the smartphone is displayed in the list of available connections, both devices will receive a password, match. create a pair).
- Further in the menu in the Control panel menu we find Devices, a smartphone connected via BT.
- Right-click on the smartphone icon and select Connect via. Access Point. Done!
To distribute the Internet from a smartphone to other Android devices, you will need special software. For example, the BlueVPN program (if your device does not support it, look in the Play Market for analogues like Wi-Fi Over Bluetooth, etc.).
- Install the program on a smartphone / tablet that will receive the distribution (the program is free; there is also a paid version, BlueVPN, but we do not need it).
- In the list of visible devices, select the desired one. Done!
Share internet from phone: Android, iOS and Windows Phone
How to distribute the Internet from your phone if your friends are asking for it? If the Internet is needed on several devices at once, but there is only one, you need to know how to do it.
Absolutely all users can use their smartphone as a remote access point to the Internet. The main condition for distribution is the presence of a 2G, 3G or 4G Internet connection on the smartphone.
If you are a happy owner of a smartphone with the Internet and want to share access with others, you will distribute your mobile Internet even if you are currently connected to a free wi-fi network. This traffic will cost the same as your regular mobile Internet. according to the tariffs of your mobile operator.
A smartphone that distributes the Internet can broadcast a signal to several devices at the same time. The limitation on the number of times an access point can be accessed depends on many factors, including the factory settings of an individual device.
The more devices are connected to one access point, the slower the connection speed with the network.
If you are a user of an Android smartphone or tablet, you can share the Internet as follows:
- in the window that opens, find the wireless networks tab and open the full list of parameters by clicking on the “” item;
- go to the device menu and then turn on the settings panel (Fig. 1);
- now click on the item “Access point” and “Settings” (Fig. 2);
- in a new window, you need to configure the connection parameters. First, specify the network name. this name will be seen by other devices when they try to connect to your device. Select the level of protection. the level of security and the complexity of encrypting the password of the access point depends on it. The network can be left open. all users will be able to connect to the access point (if possible, do not use an open network, this may be unsafe for your device). Next, you need to come up with a password to access the connection (Fig. 3).
Fig. 1. Andriod settings window Fig. 2. Android wireless connection menu Fig. 3. Android hotspot setup Fig. 4. USB connection
Now your friends can connect to the created access point in your smartphone. from a PC, tablet, laptop, smartphone and any other device with a wi-fi module. To connect, you need to find the newly created network in the “WI-FI connection” section and enter the password.
To terminate the shared Internet mode, turn off the point in the wireless settings of the smartphone.
Another way to distribute the Internet from Android is to enable USB tethering mode. This method is suitable if you need to distribute the Internet from a smartphone or tablet for one device.
To do this, connect your device to your PC using a USB cable. In the modem settings on the smartphone, select the connection type “USB-modem”.
Now go to the network connections window on your personal computer. A new component should appear in the list of available connections. Right-click on it and select “Enable”.
A more detailed description of using the phone as a modem is in our materials.
The computer does not see the phone. Solutions to the problem and
How to connect your phone to your computer. It couldn’t be easier
If you are an iPhone or iPad user, follow the instructions:
- go to the device settings;
- select the cellular communication settings window (Fig. 6);
- set the “Modem mode” parameter to the “Enabled” state (Fig. 6);
- now scroll down the settings page until the modem settings section appears (fig. 7);
- in the APN field, enter your operator, its name and access password (for example, for the MTS network, all three parameters will have the value “mts”). You can find out the data from your operator;
- after entering these data, a new modem mode item will appear in the settings window (Fig. 8). Open it.
Fig. 6. iOS settings Fig. 7. modem settings in iOS Fig. 8. turn on the distribution of the Internet
Now you can connect to the device from your PC or another smartphone.
To turn your Windows Phone device into a WI-FI router, follow the instructions:
- go to phone settings;
- select the item “data transfer” (fig. 8);
- in the window that opens, turn on the transmission;
- then return to the settings window and select the “Shared Internet” item (Fig. 9);
- turn on the access point;
- select a network name and set a password. In the Users field, you can view the number of devices that are connected to your hotspot.
Mobile Internet via USB
- To connect your smartphone as a USB modem for your laptop or computer, do the following:
- First, connect your smartphone to your computer with a cable.
- Open Settings Wireless & networks enable USB tethering.
- Select the created connection on the PC in the Network Sharing Center.
Found a typo? Select the text and press Ctrl Enter
Which way is more efficient?
Unambiguously over Wi-Fi. The speed of such distribution will be faster than in the other two cases. Wi-Fi is followed by a USB connection, the triple is closed by a Bluetooth access point with a strong lag. Bluetooth connectivity, at the same time, consumes less battery power than Wi-Fi. Well, USB is generally out of competition: we distribute the Internet from a smartphone to a PC, so we also charge the device.
If you work with a laptop from a USB outlet, it is more profitable to connect.
How to distribute the Internet from a smartphone via USB
- We connect the smartphone to the PC via USB.
- Go to the Modem Mode menu and turn on the USB modem.
- The PC finds the new connection itself. you do not need to approve / connect / install anything.
- If step 3 is not about your PC, go to Network Connections, there we find a new connection and turn it on by right-clicking and selecting the appropriate menu item.
How to distribute the Internet from a smartphone: via Wi-Fi, via Bluetooth, via USB
We distribute the Internet from an Android smartphone to other devices with the same OS, as well as to a computer running Windows. Three easy ways to connect, all in one settings menu. Difficulty level: beginner.
JINV. How to distribute the Internet via WI-FI from an Android device to a computer or laptop
A prerequisite for the devices described below is WI-FI support. There are: 1) a smartphone, tablet, or other device with the Android operating system and GSM support (further in the article, such a device will be conditionally referred to as an Android device). The Android device has an unlimited internet connection. 2) a laptop, computer, netbook, or other device (hereinafter in the article such a device will be conventionally called a laptop).
Everything described below has been tested on a KENEKSI beta smartphone with Android version 4.0.4 and an Acer 5742G laptop with Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7.
Almost every modern Android device has built-in tools to create a wireless hotspot. To enable this feature:
Press Menu and among all kinds of icons we find the “Settings” icon and press it.
where in the “Wireless Connections and Networks” menu, click the “Advanced” item. An additional menu “Wireless connections and networks” will open,
in which we select “Modem mode”. The submenu “Modem Mode” will open,
where we select the item “Configure a Wi-Fi hotspot”. A window will open,
- In the Network name field, set any name (I have mHotspot).
- In the Security field, it is better to select WPA2 PSK.
- In the Password field, set an arbitrary password (at least 8 characters). In the future, the same password will need to be entered in the laptop when it is connected to the Android device.
- To see the password as you type, put a tick in the Show password option.
- Then click the Save button.
As a result, we return to the previous submenu.,
where you need to tick the “Portable Wi-Fi hotspot”.
All! The hotspot on the Android device has been created.
Now you need to connect to the created access point from the laptop:
- To do this, you need to turn on Wi-Fi on your laptop.
- Enter the wireless settings. The network should be shown there with the name you specified in the hotspot settings on the Android device (I have an mHotspot hotspot). If the network is not displayed, then try restarting Wi-Fi on the laptop.
- Paste the password that was assigned on the Android device in the Wi-Fi hotspot settings.
- We connect the network.
How to distribute mobile Internet from an Android smartphone to other devices?
If your smartphone or tablet has Internet access, and other devices are not connected to the network, you can use it as a modem and distribute the Internet to your other devices. For this, two types of connection are provided and they all do not require any additional software or equipment. Everything is done by means of the smartphone or tablet itself, as well as the Android operating system. In this article we will tell you about all three methods, and you can independently choose how best to distribute mobile Internet from a smartphone to other devices in your particular case.
The simplest method is provided if the device that will receive the distributed Internet has a Wi-Fi module. To share your smartphone’s mobile internet and turn it into a small wireless hotspot, do the following:
- Open the Settings of your smartphone or tablet.
- Select the Wireless & networks category and open
- Open the Hotspot item and activate the Wi-Fi hotspot.
- In the parameters of the access point, specify the name of the future network and the password for it.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on the second device and search for and connect to the newly created Wi-Fi network.
Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot is another option for how to distribute mobile Internet to a laptop wirelessly. Loaded through the Market. When you start the application for the first time, a window with settings will appear: network name, security key and encryption type. You need to set them, then save and click on the “Play” button below to activate the distribution.
Sharing Internet from iPhone using USB
On a laptop, you can access the network using an iPhone if you connect it with a USB cable to your computer as a modem. It is best to avoid using non-native cables to avoid problems. Detailed instructions:
- For the latest versions of Windows (7 to 10), you need to download and install the official iTunes app. It is necessary for the correct connection between the phone and the computer.
- On the smartphone, go to the settings, look for the “Cellular” section, click on it.
- Then select the line “Modem mode”.
- To enable this mode, you need to click on the toggle switch so that it turns green. Hints will appear regarding the distribution of the Internet from the phone to the PC.
- After all the necessary settings, we connect the iPhone to the computer. The iPhone screen will display “Trust this computer?”. After confirmation, Windows will automatically configure the connection.
How to distribute Internet from phone to laptop? All ways
How to share Wi-Fi from your phone? This can be done in several ways, with and without third-party programs. There are 2 main ways to distribute the Internet from your phone to your laptop: via a USB cable and wirelessly. Almost all phones today are equipped with such functionality, and the distribution of the Internet from the phone to the computer is configured in just a few clicks. Below we list the main methods. Using the described methods, you can distribute wireless Internet to any device, including TVs.
Connecting a smartphone to Andoid via USB
The Internet can be distributed to a laptop from a mobile device if you use it as a USB modem. This requires a USB cable.
When you connect a phone in modem mode to a PC, no special settings are required on the computer itself, the system will do everything by itself. However, if the necessary drivers have not been installed, you can download them yourself through the website of the phone manufacturer (for example, Samsung or ASUS) and install.
Before connecting to a laptop via USB, mobile data must be enabled on the mobile device to access the Internet. Next, you need to do the following:
- We go into the parameters of the mobile device.
- We are looking for the section “Network and Internet”, in it we select the item “Access point and modem”.
- We activate the toggle switch near the first line “USB-modem”.
On a laptop, access to the network should appear almost immediately. The network icon on the launcher will be different from what appears on a wireless connection. this time it is the same as on a LAN connection. This method works not only for laptops, but for any computers in general.
Fully Russified mobile utility with a simple interface, in which an access point is created in a few simple steps. It is installed via Google Play. When you open the program, you need to click on the “Share” button, if you wish, you can configure the access point parameters.
Tethering apps for Android
Sometimes third-party applications are more convenient to use than the tools built into the Android shell. It also happens that due to flashing or other problems in the system, the standard functions do not work correctly, and the modem mode cannot be activated. In these cases, there is nothing left but to download a special application that, bypassing the settings, allows you to create your own wireless access point. Below we list the most popular ones.
This application is distributed absolutely free of charge through the Play Market. To install it, just go to the Market and find the program through a search by name, then click on the “Install” button, and then accept the terms. Without an Internet connection, the program will not work correctly.
With its help, you can create an access point, give it a name and security key. It is somewhat easier to distribute the Internet through Foxfi than using the standard Android settings. In the program itself, we register all the necessary data, tick the line “WI-FI Hotspot”. Access point ready.
- In the “Connections” section, select “Mobile hotspot”.
- On the next page, activate the required function.
- Set by clicking on the top field, the name of the created Wi-Fi network.
- Create a password so that only you. or people you trust can connect to the hotspot.
- Move the slider at the top of the screen to the “On” position.
The new mini-network is set up and you can share the internet from your phone. In the same window, you can see which devices are connected to it, and how many of them are there in total. When the need for mobile traffic disappears, do not forget to turn off the access point.
To distribute internet to one specific device and, thus, eliminate the consumption of packages by other users, connect your smartphone to the target device, PC or laptop, with a USB cable. When ready, go to the Connections section. Here you need to select the heading “Mobile access point” and move the slider “USB modem” to the “Enabled” position.
In this mode, you can share the mobile Internet without entering a password: a smartphone is connected to a specific device as a modem, and packets are transmitted over an absolutely isolated channel. a USB cable.
During a working session, do not disconnect the gadget from the computer. this will lead to a disconnection. In parallel with the distribution of traffic, you can, while the connection is maintained, exchange files between the PC and the smartphone.
How to start setting up your smartphone
To be able to distribute Wi-Fi from your smartphone, turn on the reception of mobile data on the device. Here are some general instructions; the names of sections and options may differ slightly on different models:
- Open the system settings menu of your smartphone. Go to the “Connections” section.
- To distribute the Internet from your phone to a laptop or tablet, PC or Smart-TV, go to the subsection “Data Usage”.
- If there are several SIM cards installed, select which one you will distribute data from and move the slider to the “On” position.
- The slider box should change color. After a few seconds, mobile data transmission will start.
Another way to activate the function is to pull the notification curtain and tap on the “Mobile data” icon.
When the traffic is enabled, you can proceed to the next stage. installing and configuring the access point.
How to distribute the Internet from your phone
Wireless connection according to the Wi-Fi standard has long become familiar to the user. in this way smartphones, tablets, laptops, PCs, and various Smart devices are connected to the Internet. The disappearance of Wi-Fi leads to the need to look for alternative connection options. for example, using the mobile internet offered by the cellular operator. From the article from the “Service of Good Deeds” you will learn how to distribute the Internet from a smartphone to a computer, laptop, another smartphone or tablet. Our instruction assumes the presence of a mobile connection on a mobile device, which you temporarily turn into an access point. To create and configure a mini WI-FI network, we will use a smartphone based on Android. the brand and year of issue do not matter.
“Mobile Wi-Fi router
A free program that can be downloaded from the link. After installation and launch, it prompts you to immediately create an access point by entering the name of the mini-network and coming up with a password.
When everything is ready, click on the Create Hotspot button. in a few seconds you will be able to distribute mobile Internet to any of your devices.
Still have questions? Call and write to the “Good Deeds Service”. our experts will tell you how to set up access to the internet if there is no router, and how to best use the mobile data provided by the operator!