How to distinguish a Chinese iPhone from the original?
iPhone is the object of dreams and desires of many people around the world. However, not everyone can afford to pay for it the price that the manufacturer offers. This “bright” thought once came to minds of enterprising guys from the Celestial Empire. As a result, there are hundreds of thousands of iPhones on the market that Apple may not even be aware of.
Let’s be honest, counterfeiting isn’t always a bad thing. Let’s say it’s bad if the buyer realizes that this particular smartphone looks very similar to that cherished American one, but inside there are some differences, for example, the operating system is not iOs. Well, that’s okay! But it is much cheaper and the design is made. well, just one to one. And by the way, the original “Apple” is also assembled in China, so what’s the difference?
Of course, everyone is free to choose independently. And no one will dissuade you from analogs in favor of the fabulously expensive original. However, what to do when the same Chinese consumer goods are offered at the price of a real iPhone, without even bothering to warn buyers about counterfeit?
Machine check procedure
In fact, everything that Apple produces is usually done at the highest level. without blots, errors, and high quality. If the seller is dubious, then it is worth starting the inspection from the very first thing that catches your eye. the packing box. In the original, it should be made of coated cardboard, something that even looks like plastic, if you feel it. The appearance of the package and its geometry are flawless. These are: even corners, not glued, clear and bright picture, neat shape, on the surface the inscription “iPhone” and the Apple logo are embossed.
At the bottom of the box there is a sticker with the party and serial numbers of the device, IMEI, and the amount of memory. Mandatory. the company logo. The smartphone itself has a tight-fitting plastic wrap, perfect from all sides. The screen has a protective film with a perforated tongue. There should also be a colored envelope inside the box. Well, she, of course, with bright colors, smooth lines, neatly executed.
The package contents of each gadget have not changed since the very first release of iPhones: cable, headphones, charger. It is not difficult to forge these components at all, so you should pay attention to seemingly unprincipled details. For example, the cables are flawlessly folded and fastened with transparent wide clamps, all wires are soft to the touch, slightly rubberized (whereas the “Chinese” are always made of hard plastic). The plastic sections of the headphones or connectors are also made without flaws. burrs, sharp corners, sagging.
The phone itself is necessarily monolithic, the cover is tightly screwed to the rest of the body and cannot be removed manually. In general, the entire phone cannot be disassembled by hand. When turned on, a company logo appears and an invitation to activate the device. The presence of the AppStore application and its correct operation is almost a 100% guarantee that your phone is original. The fakes are redirected to the Play Market, since they all work on the Android platform.
9 clear signs of fakes
Let’s say right away that it is not easy to distinguish a good fake. However, there are several ridiculous and even funny “blunders” (almost heroes of anecdotes) that will immediately catch your eye:
- the ability to connect two SIM cards;
- built-in stylus;
- the presence of an additional slot for a memory card;
- the presence of a retractable TV antenna;
- lack of Touch ID;
- Home button is not concave;
- the apple is “bitten” on the wrong side (in the original. on the right);
- any calligraphic errors in words on the device;
- the phone is clearly slow.
- Also, be wary if the phone is already on, and the icons on the desktops have a dubious appearance.
What shouldn’t scare away
Sometimes you can overdo it and it is completely in vain to accuse the seller of a dishonest sale. It happens. But you shouldn’t be afraid if:
Checking IMEI and Serial Number
During the purchase process, in any case, you should check the serial number of the smartphone. To do this, it is better to have a mobile device with you with access to the network. In the examined iPhone, you need to go to:
- about this device;
- serial number.
Then take your old phone and go to the official Apple resource in the serial verification sub-item (checkcoverage.Apple.com) and enter the combination of the gadget being checked.
The service will give out all the information about the device, but only if it is not a fake. If an error occurs, they give you a fake smartphone. In the process of writing the number, do not be distracted, otherwise you can mislead yourself and the seller. You can also check the IMEI, it will show the characteristics, and, if necessary, will help you find and block the device in case of theft.
Fake iPhone 6S- How To Identify?
There is one more way of inspection, but it is very difficult. you need a computer. If it is possible to connect to a PC, you can conduct a test using iTunes. it always recognizes the original, and ignores the fake. This method is the most accurate, the Chinese have not yet figured out how to get around it.
How to distinguish an original iPhone 6 from a fake
Hello. Did you know that a huge number of Chinese counterfeits of the mega-popular iPhone 6 gadget are now presented on the Russian market? These devices are scattered, literally, like “hot cakes”. How to distinguish an original iPhone 6 from a fake one and not lose your money? This is what will be discussed now.
Let’s see the filling
It is only natural that Chinese counterfeit manufacturers are constantly improving their build quality. So it becomes more and more difficult to distinguish the original. Let’s say you are given an iPhone 6 and, by its external features, it fully fits the description of the original. What to do in this case?
First, take a look at the menu. It is best if you know how it looks on a real gadget. By the way, the latest fake versions are almost 100% identical to the iOS interface. So check the Russification of the mobile menu. the Chinese often make mistakes with translations, so there is a chance that you will still find an error.
Equipment and external parameters
Before taking a close look at the iPhone 6, take a look at the packaging and components of the kit.
A dishonest manufacturer and a merchant can be identified immediately, it will be distinguished as follows: the word “iPhone” should be located on the side of the box, on fakes most often it is indicated “iPhone 6″.
In addition to the smartphone itself, the package contains the following items:
- Lightning cable;
- a pair of stickers with the inscription Apple;
- a clip for removing a SIM card.
The original cover on the back has the words “iPhone, Designed by Apple in California, Assembled in China”, there is also a model code and certification marks.
On the Chinese iPhone, some other phrases or characters are often added. It is also worth noting right away that Apple equipment is assembled only in China, but the quality of this assembly is not even close to Chinese copies, it is easy to distinguish, the corporation carefully monitors its production.
Before removing the back panel of the iPhone 6, you need to unscrew the screws, otherwise you will not be able to remove it, but if it can be easily removed, this is a fake. In addition, in the proprietary device above the microphone there is no front camera peephole. Also, the true representatives of the “apple family” do not have such features that are often found in Chinese units:
- no retractable antenna for radio and TV;
- there is no slot for a USB flash drive, there is only a place for a SIM card;
- it does not charge from USB or mini USB connectors (Lightning only).
Most users are used to the ability to insert an additional USB flash drive on their phone, but the iPhone 6 doesn’t have this option. In addition, no iPhone in its entire history has ever supported a memory card. It is worth remembering and distinguishing the original in time.
These devices have decent functionality, but if the seller decides to show you the antenna and says that the device has a TV, leave right away. There are no digital and analog TV in devices of any series of iPhones. Also, on the body of the original there should not be:
- numerous connectors;
- easily removable back panel with screws;
- extra SIM slot (iPhones do not support 2 SIM).
You can twist the device, evaluate the quality. it should not creak, emit extraneous sounds, there should be no backlash either. It is worth noting that a real gadget has a non-removable battery, you can easily distinguish it.
Let’s check the operating system
All of the above verification methods apply not only to the sixth version, so you can check the iPhone of any series. Knowing how to distinguish the original iPhone 6 from a fake, you can always save yourself from buying an unnecessary low-quality device, but also save money and nerves. What do you think about this? I look forward to your comments.
Where is the iPhone made?
Apple equipment sold in Russia was created at factories located in the PRC and in other Asian countries.
Accordingly, the question of how to distinguish a Chinese iPhone from the original is not entirely correct. It is rather about how to distinguish a gadget made in a factory owned by Apple and which is real, from a phone created “clandestine” in an enterprise that produces imitations.
What to look for?
- Box decoration.
- Type of gadget.
According to the famous saying. “the devil is in the little things.” In the case of iPhones, this saying is true, it is the details, little things that will help to recognize the imitation.
At the bottom of the box, the manufacturer has allocated a place for a sticker containing information.
- Full model name.
- Serial number.
- Drive volume data.
The information is read without problems. no blurry areas, fuzzy numbers, confused typographic marks, smudges, etc.
How to tell an original iPhone from a fake one?
How to distinguish an original iPhone from a fake one? This question arises for every person who first decided to purchase an iPhone. Appliances and devices made by Apple are famous for their quality, and there is not a single person who does not know how expensive these things are.
And, of course, not a single person wants to pay very impressive money for imitation, forgery. After all, counterfeits have nothing to do with real “apple” devices, technically they are significantly inferior to them.
- USB adapter;
The real phone in the box lies on a thick paper envelope, which contains:
- clips for removing and installing the SIM card;
- Supporting documentation.
The quality of the components must be checked before purchasing the phone. Do not be shy about the seller, you need to open the envelope and study the documentation, open the packages and check the cable, adapter, headphones.
Sellers offering original Apple items have no fear of people leaving the room without buying a phone. On the contrary, sellers themselves strive to open the packaging and demonstrate to buyers both the phone itself and its components.
For example, in network markets a lineup of Apple iPhone 6s smartphones will cost 20-30 thousand rubles. And the 6s is the most unpopular model, criticized by Apple device users since its release. Plus it is outdated.
How much will the current models cost? The Apple iPhone 11 smartphone costs 60-70 thousand rubles. The 8s lineup has been steadily holding the position of 45-50 thousand rubles for more than one year. It is impossible to buy a new iPhone and pay less than 20,000 rubles, neither at sales, nor at promotions held in shopping centers.
What to do if you sold a fake?
Average rating 4.8 / 5. Vote count: 735
No votes yet. Be the first to rate this post.
The most primary way to recognize and distinguish a fake is by visual inspection. If you haven’t dealt with iPhones or iPads before, I recommend taking a person who has Apple devices to a meeting with the seller (if you buy an iPhone from your hands).
How to determine the authenticity of an iPhone by eye:
- Flip the iPhone over and look at the back cover. If you see hieroglyphs, then this is a fake;
- Look at the number of SIM card slots. If there is more than one of them, then you have a fake in your hands;
- If you find a slot for additional flash memory on the case, then in front of you is also a fake;
- Antennas, stylus and other things are missing in original iPhones (any model 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, etc.);
- On the back cover of the original iPhone, there is always a serial number next to the text S / N or SERIAL;
- Try removing the back cover on your device. If this was done easily and quickly, then this is a fake.
All these signs will help you distinguish and find out that in front of you is a real gadget or a fake of the original.
Signs of a Chinese iPhone
Greetings to you dear reader. So, you have decided on the purchase of an iPhone or have already purchased this undoubtedly wonderful device. Those who have not dealt with similar devices before, quite naturally, the question will arise. how can I distinguish a Chinese iPhone (any model 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, etc.) from a high-quality original?
In this case, you have several options, which one to choose. depends directly on the specific situation, but for each of the options I will give instructions:
- Visual inspection. It consists in a knitting inspection of the device without turning it on or connecting it to a computer, to the iTunes program. Suitable if you use more reliable methods, which are not possible below;
- When you turn on the device. This method is fine if you can turn on your iPhone. For example, let’s say you buy a new or old iPhone off-hand. If it is possible to turn on the device, the probability of detecting a fake increases many times over;
- Using a computer at the shed number. 100% way to authenticate iPhone (any model 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, etc.). If you have access to the Internet from any device, for example, from another smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC, then you can check the authenticity through a special service. In this case, the probability of detecting a fake, as I said, is 100%.
To put it bluntly, only the third method can give a 100% guarantee. We proceed to a detailed analysis of each of the verification methods.
When turned on
If, after a visual inspection, you still have questions about the authenticity and you could not distinguish the fake from the original, then I recommend turning on the device:
- If the device has not been previously activated, the screen will ask you to activate the device (without activation it will not start). If there is no activation, then ask the seller when the gadget was activated and find out the data from the Apple ID;
- Check which operating system is installed on the device. IOS is installed on original gadgets. If you see an Android OS in front of you, then you are not an iPhone;
- Flip through the screens, open notebook, media library. If the gadget slows down, then you have a fake. iPhone (any model 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, etc.) always works without brakes;
- Find the AppStore on the device and launch it. Try to download any application. If you are being transferred to Google Play, then your iPhone is not original. When installing the application, you should be asked to enter your Apple ID information.
By serial number
The third stage of verification is to distinguish a Chinese gadget. checking the device by serial number. this is the surest way to verify the authenticity. To distinguish follow these steps:
- Follow this link to the verification service;
- Next, find the serial number of the device on the back cover. It can be designated as S / N or Serial;
- Enter this serial number on the previously opened website and click the “Continue” button;
That’s all for me. I hope you were able to distinguish your gadget (any model 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, etc.) from a fake. If you still have questions about the original, you can ask them in the comments to the post. See you in the following articles.
How the Chinese iPhone differs from the original
The colossal popularity of the iPhone has long been the basis for the release of a huge number of its counterfeits. Replica makers have learned to quite accurately copy the appearance and even the materials of the original case. Not everyone will be able to distinguish these devices at a glance. Sometimes even the owners of the original can be fooled into picking up a well-made copy. Let’s see how the Chinese iPhone differs from the original?
There are a great many Chinese iPhones. They are very different from each other and we will not generalize them into one class of devices. For comparison, we will not talk about very poor copies, where the design does not match, the quality of the screen is frightening, the stylus, TV antenna sticks out and every second slowdowns are observed during operation. Everything is clear with them. they do not pretend to fool anyone. These are simple phones for those who need a penny device for a couple of months with a claim to have at least some kind of appearance.
There are very decent-looking / filling copies of the iPhone, completely copying its design, Retina-screen and even the appearance of the operating system interface. For a cool copy, you will have to pay an amount (about 250-400), comparable to the cost of a strong brand Android smartphone. Inside such an “iPhone” will be installed a dual or quad-core processor from the MTK series, 1-2 GB of RAM, a camera from 5 to 13 megapixels. Weight, size and appearance will correspond to the original.
What makes a high-quality Chinese iPhone different from the original?
- The main difference between the Chinese iPhone and the original is the absence of the iOS operating system. Thanks to it, excellent stability, speed and smooth operation are achieved. Any good copy will run Android with themes installed on top that copy the iOS interface. But no skins, even if they repeat 1 in 1 the iPhone animations, the design of its shortcuts, the arrangement of buttons, menus, etc., will not give the performance that many love the iPhone for. This is the main difference between a high-quality copy and a real iPhone. Many Android smartphones have powerful processors (2-4 cores plus a frequency of more than 2 GHz), 2-3 GB of RAM and are still often inferior in performance to the iPhone 5 with its dual-core processor and 1 GB of RAM.
- Many copies support work with two SIM-cards, which is not in the original. Most often, to install SIM cards on a fake, you need to remove the back cover. In the original, getting to the battery is not easy, and the SIM card is inserted into a sliding tray on the left end of the device.
- The Chinese copy, like any other Android smartphone, supports the removable disk function. That is, you can simply connect it to a PC, a radio in the car as a flash drive. This, of course, is convenient, but in the original there is no such possibility. Synchronization with PC occurs only through the proprietary iTunes player. In addition, the memory of the original cannot be expanded by installing microSD cards, which is often found in copies.
- The iPhone’s USB (lightning) cable is different from the usual microUSB connector used throughout Android smartphones.
- The “Home” button on the iPhone is always slightly depressed, and in fakes it often protrudes above the surface of the case.
- All stickers on the original box are evenly glued, the inscription “iPhone” and the apple logo are embossed.
- The original box contains a color instruction of excellent quality, as well as 2 stickers with a bitten apple with juicy flowers, clear edges and sharp bends in the corners. Also, the device itself must have a protective film, on the lower edge of which there is a perforated tongue for peeling it off.
The main things to pay extra for when buying an original iPhone are build quality and iOS, which provides a couple of serious advantages: speed / stability and access to proprietary software.