Voice assistant on Xiaomi or Ok Google: how to enable?
Like other smartphones based on the Android operating system, Xiaomi supports Ok Google voice input. We will show you how to enable or disable the voice assistant. We draw your attention to the fact that Xiaomi has developed a proprietary voice assistant Xiao AI. True, at the time of this writing, it is presented only on the Mi Mix 2S smartphone and, apparently, for the first time it will be available on Xiaomi devices for China.
Now let’s move on to the Google functionality. To enable the voice assistant, go to “Settings”.
Next. “Advanced settings” section “System and device”.
Now click on the line “Language and input”.
Here you tap on the line “Google Voice Input”.
Move the switch to the “On” position in the line “On any screen”.
Say “Ok Google” several times by following the prompts on the screen.
The assistant is on. Now you can say “Ok Google” and the desired search phrase.
You can also enable device unlocking at your discretion by saying “Ok Google”.
Disable Google Assistant
Despite the clear advantage of intelligent intelligence, many modern Xiaomi owners prefer to use the device without the help of artificial intelligence. Others are annoyed by the answers and the voice of the assistant, so there is a need to disable “Ok Google”.
Disable through settings
Disabled through the settings of intelligent intelligence on Xiaomi Redmi mobile devices through the system settings menu. In the main menu, select “Advanced settings, then” Language and input “.
Go to the “Manage keyboards” menu and find a section with “Google Voice Input”. Go to the settings, click on the Voice Match line and make the line with access inactive.
In different versions of the MIUI platform, the sequence of actions may differ.
Disable activation via buttons and gestures
System settings provide for calling the Google Assistant with the Home button. Everyone can change independently.
Disabling is slightly different for different shell versions:
- Miui 10: Settings. Advanced settings. Buttons and gestures. Launch Google Assistant;
- Miui 11: Settings. Advanced settings. Button functions. Launch the Google Assistant.
In each of the cases, opposite the line is set to “No”.
How can you disable Google Assistant on Xiaomi
Google Assistant was created to help users who spend a lot of time on the Internet. With its help, the solution of many tasks is accelerated. But for some, this convenient feature prevents them from working on their own. For such users, the question of how to disable Google Assistant on Xiaomi becomes relevant.
What is Google Assistant for?
For the first time, a unique option appeared in 2012. Until 2016, when an improved version of the assistant appeared, the function was not very popular. Basically, Google’s assistant is built-in artificial intelligence. It performs most of the user’s commands. from a banal alarm clock to searching for information on complex queries.
The main tasks that the assistant helps to accomplish:
This is a small part of the functions that an assistant can perform. The functionality is simply huge, and every year it expands.
Disable via browser
To turn off the voice assistant through the browser, follow a few simple steps:
- Open the Google browser.
- Open the settings and select the “Voice input” menu.
- Among the large number of settings is the item “Voice Match”.
- Opposite the line “Access” set the switch to the inactive position.
After the performed manipulations, the assistant will not offer his help. To start it, do the same manipulations, but in reverse order.
How to disable Google Assistant on Android
Google Assistant is a personal assistant developed by Google LLC and available on all modern Android smartphones.
The assistant is suitable for voice control, can respond to simple commands, search the Internet, interact with applications installed on the smartphone. If you do not like the functionality of the Google Assistant or the utility simply interferes with using the device, then you can disable it. Therefore, below we will tell you how to do it.
How to disable Google Assistant
If you do not use voice commands, then to disable the Google Assistant on your Android smartphone, follow these steps:
Open the “Settings” menu.
Scroll down the page to the “Device” section and select “Applications”.
A list of applications installed on the device will open. Click the gear icon.
A menu with additional settings will open. Here find and select “Assistant and voice input”.
Click on the “Assistant” item at the very top of the list.
A window will appear where you will be asked to select an assistant application for controlling your smartphone. Click “No” to completely disable Google Assistant.
Please note that after this you will not be able to use other functions and features related to the assistant. This means that by turning off the assistant, you turn off voice commands and activation by the word “Ok, Google”.
How to remove Google Assistant
If this is not enough and you want to completely get rid of the Google voice assistant so that it does not take up free space on your phone, then follow these steps:
How to disable TalkBack in redmi 3s prime, redmi note 4, 2s Prime, mi 4i, redmi note 3, mi 5i, Y1
Go to the Settings menu again.
Scroll down the page and select “Applications”.
A list of applications installed on the device will open. Find and select “Assistant” or “Google Assistant” in the list.
Click “Uninstall” to uninstall the application from your phone or tablet.
Click “OK” to confirm the action and completely remove Google Assistant from android.
After that, the assistant will not work. Now you know how to disable Google Assistant on Android or uninstall the app from your phone. If in the future you need the assistant’s functionality, then you can activate it in the settings at any time or download it again from the Play Store.
How to turn off Google Assistant on Android phone
There are several ways to disable Google Assistant on Android. Through the “What’s on my screen” function, the icon of the personal assistant application, or completely disabling the utility and related auxiliary functions.
To disable the Google Assistant on your Honor phone, you need to go to the smartphone settings and do the following:
- select the section “Applications and notifications”;
- go to “Default Applications”;
- select “Help and voice input”;
- in the upper right corner, click on the inscription “Start” or “Google” with an arrow;
- in the pop-up window select “No”.
In Samsung gadgets, the utility can be deactivated in two ways, depending on the software environment running on the device:
- swipe the home page with your finger to open the list of applications;
- go to the “Google” application;
- in the left corner at the top of the screen, select “Menu”, and then. “Settings”;
- go to the “Settings” section under the item “Google Assistant”;
- set the slider to inactive position.
- hold down the “Home” key;
- find the “Advanced” section at the top and enter;
- go to the sub-item “Settings”;
- deactivate Assistant.
On Xiaomi mobile gadgets, a virtual assistant widget is installed on the home screen by default. It helps in finding information when giving a command by voice or entering a text query.
To remove it from the Xiaomi screen, you need to hold the icon for a few seconds and then move it to the basket that appears at the top of the display and confirm the action.
The application widget will be removed, and the utility will remain in the device. To disable Google Assistant through settings, you need to do the following:
If you have any questions. let us know Ask a question
- Enter the parameters, scroll to the very bottom and open the Google item in the “System and Device” section.
- Scroll down to the sub-item “Search, Assistant and Voice Control”.
- Go to its parameters.
- In the “Assistant” submenu, go to the “Phone” section, uncheck or move the slider opposite Google Assistant to an inactive state.
How to remove Google Assistant from the Home button
You can disable Google Assistant on Android using the Home key. After deactivation, the display will no longer pop up notifications about the need to activate the function. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Hold the key until the assistant starts.
- In the upper right, find a widget with a box in white and blue.
- In the drop-down list, go to “Settings” and click on the item “Phone”.
- Move the slider opposite Google Assistant to inactive state.
Voice search for desktops
To use Google voice search on a desktop, just download the Google Chrome browser from the official page. On the main page of the browser, there will be a voice search icon in the search bar. On the command “Ok Google”, voice search has ceased to be activated since 2015. Therefore, you just need to click on the icon and set a search query.
Temporary solution (voice input)
It happens that there is no time to poke around in the system, but you need to send a message here and now. In this case, the best assistant is Google voice input.
You can send an SMS using the voice assistant by clicking on the corresponding microphone icon in the search bar and saying: “Write a message (recipient’s name) (message text)”. For example, “write a message to Vadim, the money came”. Next, the system will offer to select a contact from the phone book (the system will remember the suggested name) and send a message to the specified number.
- Go to “Settings”. “Language and input”. “Voice input”.
- Selecting input from Google by clicking on the gear icon.
- We customize: choose the language, the function of dubbing the results, censorship management, etc.
How to completely disable voice input on a Xiaomi phone
So that the voice input from Google on Xiaomi Redmi no longer bothers us, you can turn it off completely.
To do this, we will once again need to set up a smartphone:
- Click on the gear in the main menu or quick access window;
- Go to the “Advanced settings” section;
- Click on the line “Language and input”;
In the last window, you need to remove all the sliders, which are currently active, despite the fact that the system windows will stop our actions. If you use Google services frequently, this may affect other Google applications. In any case, voice input can be turned on again in the settings. It’s impossible to get rid of Google voice typing completely. Since it is part of the system on which MIUI and other firmware of popular smartphones are based.
Setting up voice input on a Lenovo smartphone
If you use the Google app on multiple devices, the “OK Google” command must be enabled on each of them.
- Launch the google app.
- Click Voice Search Voice Match.
- Turn on From Google Apps.
On some devices, recognition of the command “O” key, Google “can be enabled not only in the Google application.
- Check the box “On any screen” or “Always on”.
- Follow the instructions and let the Google app remember your voice.
The Always On check box is not available for all languages. If it is not on your account, it is possible that your language is not supported.
Attention! Any Screen may interfere with other voice-activated applications such as S-Voice (it uses the Hi Galaxy command). Additional parameters can be configured depending on the device used.
Additional parameters can be configured depending on the device used.
- On any screen. Allows you to use the command “O” key, Google “on any screen of the device, if the screen is turned on or the device is charging. This feature is not available in all languages.
- Always on. Allows you to use the command “OK” key, Google “, even if the screen is off.
Unblocking with Voice Match. Allows you to use various commands when the screen is locked, if your voice was recognized.
Personal search results. View personal voice search results even when your device is locked.
Overwrite the voice sample. If Google does not recognize the “OK Google” command, try creating the voice sample again. If this setting is not shown, turn on the option “On any screen” or “Always on”.
Remove voice sample. You can delete the voice recording here, it uses Google.
Any Screen may interfere with other voice-activated applications such as S-Voice (it uses the Hi Galaxy command).
Disable Google Voice Search on Android
Currently, Google Voice Search on the Android platform is powered by the Google app, through which it is also configured. At the same time, in some third-party applications it is quite possible to have a similar search with the participation of the system in question, but we will skip them. In addition, judging as a whole, the instructions are completely identical for all supported versions of the Android operating system, regardless of the presence of the Assistant.
- On the screen with installed applications, tap on the “Google” icon. Then, through the main menu at the bottom of the page, go to the “” tab and use the “Settings” item.
Here you need to click on the line “Voice input” and on the next page find the block “Ok, Google”. You can go to the parameters by tapping on the section “Recognition Ok Google”.
Finally, change the state of the sliders presented to your liking. The number of available items depends on the device used and the availability of additional applications.
After changing the settings, all you have to do is leave Settings and the Google app as a whole. This completes the instruction, since due to the disabling of all the previously mentioned sliders, Google voice search will not be available.
We are glad that we were able to help you solve the problem. Describe what did not work for you. Our specialists will try to answer as quickly as possible.
When and why you need to remove the voice assistant
The voice assistant is a very good addition, as it saves a significant amount of time. To clarify any information, you no longer need to open a browser and enter a request manually. It is enough to start the virtual assistant and say the question of interest. Within a few seconds, the system will provide a detailed answer, sometimes in both text and voice format.
Despite all the convenience, a huge part of people really want to turn off the hated assistant. Each person makes such a decision independently, based on the need for the function and characteristics of the device. You may need to remove the voice assistant if the smartphone slows down and works slowly because of it.
However, one of the most common reasons people decide to get rid of a virtual assistant is to keep it running unnecessarily. That is, a person accidentally presses a hotkey or a button, after which a window is launched with a proposal to pronounce a command. It gets annoying over time, especially if you never use a virtual assistant.
In addition, uninstalling Google Assistant will free up a fairly visible amount of free memory that was unnecessarily occupied up to this point. In general, it is not necessary to completely remove the voice assistant from the phone. The developers have provided the ability to partially disable it, which will suit many users.
Did this article help you?
Google Assistant is a special service from the company of the same name, which is integrated into mobile devices based on Android OS and is designed to solve human tasks by processing voice orders by artificial intelligence.
A few examples in which Google Assistant can be used:
- The person asks to tell him the weather forecast;
- The user requests the status on city roads;
- The owner of the mobile phone reads out the message by voice, which is converted into a regular text version;
- The owner of the smartphone asks to dial the number of a certain person.
That is, using this service, a person significantly facilitates his interaction with a mobile device. For example, for many operations, you may not pick up the phone at all or look at its screen.
GA is naturally present on mobile phones like Honor and Huawei. Many people use it actively. But sometimes this functionality begins to live as if by itself. And this is very inconvenient for the owner of a mobile phone. Naturally, some people report such a problem. Google Assistant is constantly turned on. It is quite logical that such users want to know what to do in such a situation.
How to deactivate, what kind of security to use depends on what kind of smartphone a person has. In the case of Android, you need to do the following:
- Go to settings.
- Applications are selected.
- Built-in operation is disabled.
The operation is easy and does not require the user to waste time. If you want to activate again, you will need to press the same button twice.
How to turn off the voice assistant?
The voice function on the smartphone is intended for users who have vision problems or those who are busy and do not have time to deal with entering queries manually. Before dealing with the shutdown methods, it is worth examining the main purpose of the option. Among the main functions should be highlighted:
- Voice acting of the conducted contact;
- Gesture control;
- Turning voice into text;
- Volume control;
- Reading text from the screen with a standard shake of the gadget.
There are users who appreciate the presented functions and use them. There are people who get in the way of additional functions, so they try to get rid of them.
How to Disable Android Voice Assistant: All Ways
How to turn off the voice assistant is a question that users of gadgets equipped with this useful function are interested in. The need to disable and deactivate arises for various reasons. The article lists and describes methods for disabling the option.
The Google Assistant is a common voice command assistant. In such a situation, you need to carry out the following manipulations:
- Application opens.
- The Menu is pressed in the form of three bars.
- Go to settings.
- In the section called Assistant, you need to click on Settings or Phone.
The process of disabling the assistant will be carried out by moving the slider.
If there is a need to disable the Android voice assistant, which is known as Alice, you will have to follow the following clear instructions:
- A section with Settings opens;
- The Applications tab is selected;
- Select All from the top menu;
- After that, a list opens where you need to find the desired option;
- The application page opens. Here you can examine the data, stop and uninstall the option;
- Clear cache is pressed;
- Activated Delete.
On Android OS devices, the deactivation operation can be performed by moving the shortcut to the trash can. It is recommended to delete the shortcut, and then run a special utility that cleans up the device’s memory.
If you have a Samsung device at your disposal, it will be enough to remove the assistant using the usual Home button. Thanks to this action, the user is no longer bothered by constant recommendations. If you need to completely remove the shortcut, you will need to perform the following actions:
- Go to settings.
- Go to the application.
- The tab of the default application is selected.
- The option name is pressed.
The main advantage of this option is the permission to use the program at any time. In this case, it is not necessary to reactivate it.
Disabling Talkback Mode
Let’s take this function as an example, since its active mode confuses every smartphone user.
After activating the speaking assistant, the user completely loses control over the device.
The reason is that when he launched the voice assistant, he did not read the instructions for interacting with the screen in this mode. The usual actions, swiping and clicking on the screen before activation, do not work. It’s getting quite difficult to go back to the settings to disable the talkback assistant.
Disabling the voice assistant
Today, a huge number of voice assistants are available for use on Android, each of which has its own settings and deactivation methods. We will pay attention only to some of the options from the most famous developers, while most of the other analogs are unlikely to cause difficulties.
Another well-known voice assistant Alice was created in Yandex and today is integrated into the latest versions of the proprietary browser by default. Initially, the option is in a disabled state and therefore, in most cases, additional actions are not required. In this case, enabling, as well as disabling, can be done through the internal settings of the browser.
- Open Yandex Browser, swipe down to go to the live tiles screen and expand the menu in the lower right corner of the page. Here you need to touch the line “Settings”.
At the next stage, find the “Search” block and in the “Voice capabilities” subsection tap “Voice assistant Alice”. As a result, a page with the main parameters of the assistant will open.
To deactivate, select the “Do not use voice” item in the main unit and additionally slide the “Voice activation” slider to the left. After that, “Settings” can be closed, since Alice will be disabled.
The disconnection process, as you can see, does not differ much from the opposite task and is unlikely to raise any questions. In addition, you can not only completely deactivate Alice, but also leave some functions by selecting “Voice search”.
Talking Mode Control Instruction
- Move from one object to another. swipe the screen to the right or left.
- To activate an object. double tap on it
- Scroll up or down the screen with two fingers.
This information is also shown before turning on the voice guidance.
After you have mastered the control of the device with the activated voice assistant, try to deactivate the function.
In order to further more quickly and naturally carry out the deactivation procedure, it is proposed to first understand what a talkback is. If you are aware of the localization of the option in the phone parameters, you can easily find other controls.
The voice guidance mechanisms are designed for users with poor vision properties or without it at all, while the system somewhat simplifies the interaction by reproducing all the manipulations with voice. In practice, the option is predisposed to people who previously sat at the computer a lot, since all operations are more like clicks with a regular mouse.
Before you turn off voice guidance on Android, you should understand that the function provides voice over actions performed with one click. In addition, there is a notification about incoming calls, and in the process of shaking it reads all the information displayed on the interface.
If you hold down a click on any letter for a few seconds, then talkback will first speak the character, after which the word itself to which it refers. The function allows the listener to understand certain sounds for correct typing. Among other possibilities, it is necessary to single out voice prompts, which demonstrate some information regarding various components of the interface. over, gestures and rewriting of the voiced speech into text format can be used for control.
via google account
The next option is how you can deactivate the voice assistant using a Google account.
- First you need to open Google through the main menu.
- Next, you need to open an additional menu, click on 3 points located at the bottom of the screen.
- A menu opens, in which you need to click on the menu.
- The settings open in front of you, where you need to find and click on the assistant.
- Next, another menu will open, it is important to select Assistant in it.
- At the bottom of the screen of your smartphone, you need to click on “Phone”.
- The final stage is to drag the slider to deactivate the voice assistant option.
Cortana, a voice assistant originally introduced by Microsoft specifically for Windows 10, is currently available on several other platforms, including Android. Like any other similar software, this application can be partially used by disabling unnecessary functions through internal settings.
- Expand the application and open the main menu in the upper right corner of the home page. From the presented list, select the item “Settings”.
When the page with the settings appears, tap on the “Phone Settings” block and after the transition, find the “Entry point” block. Here, first you need to expand the subsection “Cortana on home screen”.
On the “Cortana on home screen” you need to move the slider with the same name to the left to deactivate the function. Other items will be disabled automatically.
Return to the page with the main parameters “Settings” and in the same block select the section “Hey Cortana”. To turn it off, slide the “From the Cortana app” slider to the left and you’re done.
When you return to the main page with application settings, both options considered should be in the “Off” state. Please note, as in the case of Marusya, you can completely disable Cortana by logging out of your Microsoft account.
Unfortunately, the Android application does not support the Russian language, even in the text version, nevertheless, most of the settings are intuitive. As a last resort, you can always resort to the removal mentioned below.
- sequentially go to “Settings”. “Applications”;
- select the TalkBack service that you plan to disable and move the slider to the “OFF” position (it will turn gray).
Note that the creators of popular browsers have created their own branded services that can be installed on the Android OS.
In Samsung phones, the service is removed by simply pressing the Home button. If you need to completely remove the shortcut and clear the memory, the algorithm is as follows:
- go to “Settings”. “Applications”. find the one that is installed by default;
- tap the option to disable or delete.
How to turn off the voice assistant?
Deactivation will depend on the OS, the manufacturer of the gadget and the type of service product. The shutdown process can be performed manually by the user in the system settings of the unit or using special programs: third-party or built-in.
The voice that accompanies every user action or asks constant questions can annoy owners of smartphones and iPhones. During the period of Voice Over activity, the control changes. to confirm the action, you need to double-click to prevent accidental sending of the command.
- open “Settings”. “General”. “Universal Access”;
- select the line “Voice Over” and switch to inactive mode using the slider.
For iOS 7 and 8, deactivation is only possible by setting a preference for Siri. If you make it a priority by default, it will not allow another assistant to continue working.
For users of Xiaomi smartphones, the procedure for turning off the soundtrack looks like this:
- launch the application that you plan to put into inactive mode;
- click the compass icon;
- tap the “three dots” icon;
- go to “Settings”;
- tap on the device on which the assistant is deactivated;
- save the changes made.
One of the most famous Android products from Yandex. To disable voice assistant for Android Alice:
- go sequentially “Settings”. “Applications”. “Select all”;
- in the list that opens, tap the one that you plan to deactivate;
- in the application window that opens, tap the action: deactivation, clear cache, etc.
In addition, you can disable Alice by simply removing the shortcut to the trash, and then running a program that will clear the memory.
Disable through settings
- Go to Settings Advanced settings Language and input. Advanced settings Language and input “width =” 660 “height =” 677 “srcset =” https://xiaominfo.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/kak-otkliuchit-google-assistent-na-Xiaomi-cherez.nastroiki-scr1.jpg 660w, https://xiaominfo.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/kak-otkliuchit-google-assistent-na-Xiaomi-cherez-nastroiki-scr1-292×300.jpg 292w, https : //xiaominfo.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/kak-otkliuchit-google-assistent-na-Xiaomi-cherez-nastroiki-scr1-390×400.jpg 390w “sizes =” (max-width: 660px) 100vw, 660px “/
- Next, we find the Control keyboards item and under Google voice input we find Settings. Settings. “width =” 660 “height =” 684 “srcset =” https://xiaominfo.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/kak-otkliuchit-google-assistent-na-Xiaomi-cherez-nastroiki-scr2. jpg 660w, https://xiaominfo.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/kak-otkliuchit-google-assistent-na-Xiaomi-cherez-nastroiki-scr2-289×300.jpg 289w, https: // xiaominfo. ru / wp-content / uploads / 2019/11 / kak-otkliuchit-google-assistent-na-Xiaomi-cherez-nastroiki-scr2-386×400.jpg 386w “sizes =” (max-width: 660px) 100vw, 660px “/
- Select Voice Match and disable it.
Depending on the MIUI version, the path to disable the assistant may differ. The easiest way is to open “Settings” and in the search bar to drive “Voice input”.
Disable Google Assistant
Despite a solid set of useful functions, not everyone needs it, and many people prefer to operate the smartphone “the old fashioned way”. Google Assistant on Xiaomi can be partially disabled in the browser and settings. Of course, there is an option for a complete shutdown, we will consider all the methods below:
Disable via browser
- Open the standard Google application.
- In the lower right corner we find the item “” in the form of three dots.
- Here we go to Settings Voice input.
- Here we find the Voice Match item and disable access.
What is the Google Assistant for??
Google Assistant is a voice assistant that “unties your hands” when you operate your device. With it, you can control your smartphone with voice commands or gestures. It covers a large number of functions, here is a list of the most common ones:
How to disable Google Assistant on Xiaomi
Google Assistant is built into all Android smartphones. The function is certainly useful, but for some it only hinders. Let’s see how to disable Google Assistant on Xiaomi.
Disable Google Assistant completely on Xiaomi
If you want to completely disable the assistant without jumping through individual functions, take the following steps:
- Open the “Google” application, click on the “” icon in the form of three dots.
- Select the Google Assistant Settings item. Google Assistant. “width =” 660 “height =” 678 “srcset =” https://xiaominfo.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/kak-otkliuchit-google-assistent-na-Xiaomi-scr2.jpg 660w, https : //xiaominfo.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/kak-otkliuchit-google-assistent-na-Xiaomi-scr2-292×300.jpg 292w, https://xiaominfo.ru/wp-content/uploads/ 2019/11 / kak-otkliuchit-google-assistent-na-Xiaomi-scr2-389×400.jpg 389w “sizes =” (max-width: 660px) 100vw, 660px “/
- In the window that opens, you need to open the “Assistant” tab, scroll down the screen and select “Phone”. Disable Google Assistant here completely.
Disable activation via buttons and gestures
The launch of the Google Assistant is set by default through the Home button. These are system settings and can be changed.
- For MIUI 10: Settings Advanced settings Buttons and gestures Launch Google Assistant.
- For MIUI 11: Settings Advanced settings Button functions Launch Google Assistant.
In both cases, select the bottom item. No.
How To Disable Talkback | How to turn off Talk back On Mi Mobile Phone | Talkback Mode Settings
How to disable assistants on Xiaomi (Redmi): touch, widgets and Google Assistant
Phone and software makers are running ahead of their own squeals, trying to surprise the user to choose their product. Recently, it is very fashionable to use the so-called artificial intelligence, as well as simpler technologies, which are also called assistants.
This bowl did not pass Xiaomi (Redmi) smartphones either, 3 types of assistants were installed in it at once:
- Google Assistant.
And if each of these technologies worked as described in advertising, they would not have a price, but we live in the real world, and therefore they work frankly badly, they are not convenient to use, and at the same time they eat up a significant share of the phone’s resources and battery power.
In this article, I will show you how to turn off all assistants on Xiaomi in order to live in peace and not waste energy, nerves and battery power.
How to disable touch assistant on Xiaomi
Touch Assistant is a set of icons and commands that floats across the screen to make life easier with a modern smartphone. I don’t know about you, but I don’t use it for the reason that it interferes more than helps.
To disable the assistant, start the settings, then find “Advanced settings”. Now find the Touch Assistant menu. Entering it, you will see the main switch, turn it off and the floating icons will disappear from the Xiaomi desktop.
How to turn off the ribbon widgets, or the assistant on the Xiaomi desktop
It’s amazing how much battery power and processor power are consumed by simple widgets even when they are not on the active Xiaomi screen.
I recommend disabling them not only to save money, but also to clear the workspace of unnecessary entities.
How to Disable Google Voice Assistant on Xiaomi
When I was just getting started with Android and Xiaomi, impressed by the Google Assistant ads, I decided to turn it on and use it to its fullest. But already with the first point of the plan there were problems. I could not find it.
Google knows how to write complex program code, but they completely fail in making an understandable and adequate interface, as you will now see for yourself.
To turn off Google Voice Assistant, start the settings, find the “Google” item. Select your active account and scroll down to the “Services in account” line. Now click on “Search, Assistant and Voice Control”. Next, select the “Google Assistant” menu. Scroll through the list in the new window at the bottom until you see the section “Devices with an assistant” and select “Phone” in it. Phew, now turn off the Google Assistant menu and on Xiaomi it will disappear. Well, how, have I not deceived you? An amazing tangle of menus, rows and tabs, at times, it seems to me that Google is doing this on purpose so that people cannot find the desired settings and turn them off.