How to Export/Import/Copy Contacts from iphone to Sim Card (SIManager)
We use other means
How to transfer contacts from phone to computer using Google service? It’s even easier. Another way to copy contacts from phone to computer is by using the Google cloud service. To do this, enable synchronization with your Google account on your phone. We go to contacts.google.com, after which we see all our contacts that can be deleted, edited and some other useful functions.
If for some reason it is impossible to use the phone, for example, it crashed, stolen or lost, then this method of copying contacts and creating a backup is suitable.
Copying contacts from phone
How do I copy contacts from my phone to my computer? This is straightforward. One of the easiest ways to transfer contacts from your phone to your computer. this is an opportunity to use the “Import / Export” option in the mobile itself. We select this option in the “Contacts” menu. Using the “Import” function, contacts previously saved in a file are transferred to the phone book, and the “Export” function creates a backup copy in a file with the vcf extension. We transfer this file to the computer by connecting the phone to the PC. Modern mobile devices have the option of exporting and importing directly to the computer. In this case, only a telephone is needed.
Transferring the phone book using a disc
How do I transfer the phone book to my computer using a disk? This is another popular method. Let’s consider the option of how to transfer contacts from the phone to the computer using the phone software that came with the kit. If for some reason it’s not there. download software and install. Note. software can be safely downloaded only from official sites.
We connect the phone to the computer via a USB cable or Bluetooth. After pairing a mobile phone with a PC, we start the process of synchronizing all data. It takes a little time. At the end of the synchronization process, in the dialog box, open the “Phonebook” section and start copying the phone contacts using the software.
It is convenient, for example, to create a separate text file with which you can recover information. It is also easy to carry out the reverse procedure for transferring data from a computer to a phone.
Using the MOBILedit program as an example, let’s look at how to transfer contacts from a phone to a computer. Before downloading this program, establish a connection between the gadget and the PC.
We launch the program. With a pre-established connection, the phone is usually recognized automatically. The program menu is quite convenient and easy to use.
Going to the “Settings” option in the “File” menu, you can select phone models, set the type of connection between the gadget and the computer, select the language, adjust the sound, etc. Here, in the “Applications” option, you can select the path for saving backup files.
Depending on where the contacts are stored. on the SIM card or in the phone, we select the appropriate section. Based on the experience of working with contacts, many users advise to immediately save them to the SIM card. Using the “Phonebook” section, you can delete or put in order contacts, filter out duplicates, change names.
The program allows two-way synchronization of contacts. data on the phone with mail data on the computer.
How to Transfer Contacts from Phone to Computer Easily
Copying data to reserve from mobile to computer. a way to protect yourself from all sorts of troubles associated with the loss of information in case of loss of a mobile phone. It doesn’t matter what it is. breakdown of the device, its loss or theft. The result is always the same. If you lose your phone, all the information that was on it is automatically lost.
Modern mobile phones, as a rule, have a CD with software included. It contains programs for working with the phone. for editing music files, for connecting to the Internet, as well as for backing up data from a mobile phone to a computer. But with all the advantages of such programs, they all have one drawback. They are not universal, i.e. are designed to work with a single phone model or a small range of models. Thus, when replacing the phone, you automatically need to change the software to work with it. And this is not very convenient.
It is much more convenient to work with a universal program that understands any phone.
How to back up your contacts and transfer them to your computer?
On the toolbar, press the button “Save / Export to file” or “Save / Export” from the menu “File”. In the window that opens, select the path to the PC to save the data. Enter the file name and click “Save”. The process takes some time. The backup is ready and saved on your computer’s hard drive. In order to restore the data, select the option in the “File” menu “Open / Import” and the saved file.
Instructions for transferring contacts to MOBILedit are in the “Help” tab.
Today there are many programs for copying phone numbers to a computer. The way most of these applications work is to create a vcf file. All phone contacts are packed into it. These softwares differ only in the setting, and the result is, in principle, the same. Let’s dwell on one more similar service. AirDroid. This program allows you to control your gadget from a PC remotely.
We create an account in the AirDroid service before transferring contacts from phone to computer. To do this, go to the official website of the service and go through registration, install the AirDroid application on the gadget, enter your account and copy the contacts to the selected folder.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card
IOS has a handy feature to import SIM contacts to iPhone. As for the reverse process, this feature is not included in the standard functionality and many iPhone users experience a problem with transferring contacts from iPhone to SIM card. In this guide, we will list the possible ways of such transfer.
The need to transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM-card may arise when changing phone, temporarily switching to another smartphone, and in a number of other cases. However, while copying contacts from a SIM card to an iPhone is extremely easy, transferring them in the opposite direction is quite problematic. over, without jailbreak, direct transfer of contacts from iPhone to SIM card is impossible. However, you can still get around the problem situation.
First, let’s talk about direct port, which requires an installed jailbreak.
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM card (jailbreak)
The SIManager jailbreak tweak is responsible for transferring contacts from iPhone to SIM-card. This already quite old utility allows you to very quickly and easily export all your contacts from iPhone to a SIM card for later import on another device.
SIManager can only be installed on a jailbroken device, so not everyone will be able to use the utility. In the same case, if your iPhone is “jailbroken”, then feel free to add the repository http://repo.beyouriphone.com and download the SIManager tweak from there.
Note: SIManager 1.7 is recommended for download, which is the most stable.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card without Jailbreak
Unfortunately, there is no way to directly transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM card. Successful completion of this operation requires initially transferring contacts to another smartphone, for example, running Android, and then importing the book to the SIM card. Many, however, will no longer need the last action, since the purpose of transferring contacts to a SIM card for many was to import them to another smartphone. So what should you do.
Note: Previously, the Yandex.Move app was ideal for this process, however, recently it is no longer available in the App Store and Google Play.
Download the free My Contacts Backup app on your iPhone
Run the app and click the Backup button
After the contacts have been processed, click on Email
In the “To” field, enter your email address
The letter that you sent to yourself contains a file in vcf format, opening which on another smartphone, you can easily import contacts. After that, these contacts can be saved to the SIM-card using standard functions of smartphones on other mobile operating systems. Here is such a tricky system, although all this takes literally a few minutes.
Why is it good to store contacts on a SIM card
The purchase of a new device forces its owners to adapt to an unfamiliar operating system and import important files that are left on an outdated device. When replacing an old version of iPhone (S or SE) with a newer model, no additional actions are required. all available information is forwarded to the gadget.
How to transfer from smartphone to SIM card
To get the result, it is enough to place the old and the new device side by side or restore the latest version from the backup. If moving information occurs from Android or Windows Phone, then it causes a lot of difficulties. Storing contacts on a SIM card is the best option, due to the following factors:
- The main function of any smartphone is the ability to make calls between subscribers. Without a SIM card, no device will work, but will function as a music player.
- When changing the mobile operator, the owner of the “apple” gadget can transfer information to the iPhone without losing it. It is enough to insert an old SIM card into the slot and carry out the rewriting procedure.
- Unreliability of manually rewriting contacts. This method often ends with the loss of information about the subscriber due to carelessness and the introduction of 1-2 incorrect numbers. Some users lost contact with the subscriber forever due to their own mistakes.
- Duration of the process. Manual input with a large number of contacts can take a couple of hours or the same number of days. It is not worth wasting precious time on manipulations that the technician can carry out.
Important! Users change smartphones more often than SIM cards. Losing the latter is a more serious problem than overwriting information from it to a recently purchased device.
How to view contacts stored in SIM card on iPhone
Each card has its own phone book. It is enough to click on it for all subscribers to be in the “Contacts” application. Many users face the problem when instead of the usual information, they see only a series of numbers without the name or alias of the subscriber.
This deviation occurs as a result of incorrect synchronization of the address book, or if it is completely absent. The archaic way of storing information only on the SIM card can also be source of failure.
Important! To eliminate the possibility of an operating system error, experts recommend setting up saving to iclud. Initially, you can move information manually, but in the future, this approach will save time that will have to be spent on restoring reference information.
How to import contacts to SIM on iPhone via iOS
This technique is the simplest and is recommended for inexperienced users. The option is relevant only if the SIM-card is able to support the procedure for recording information into itself. If its size fully corresponds to the slot, and the purchase took place recently, then this type works well with this procedure.
To move contact information to the device, you need to follow the standard algorithm:
- Insert a suitable card into the slot. it is located on the right side of the device. To open it, you need to use the special paper clip included in the kit.
- After activating the gadget, you need to wait for it to be determined by the mobile operator.
- Go to the main menu of the smartphone and move to “Contacts”.
- In the drop-down register, find the “Upload card contacts” block.
- The procedure can take 2-10 minutes. it all depends on the number of subscribers saved in the memory.
Important! After completing the procedure, you need to move to the “Contacts” subsection and see if all subscribers have been copied there. If this does not happen, you can repeat it or try a more relevant method that will allow you to transfer information without hindrance.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card
The purchase of a new “apple” smartphone and an attempt to understand its functionality raises a natural question among the owners of how to transfer contacts from the iPhone to the SIM-card. The developers did not provide such an opportunity in the phone, but there are several methods to bypass this prohibition of the company.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card
How can you copy contacts from iPhone to SIM card? The operating system of the smartphone does not provide such functionality. The procedure can be carried out only on gadgets with a jailbreak. In this case, experts advise using the SIManager application. version 1.7 is considered more stable.
- The software is downloaded to the device and installed.
- After opening the utility, you need to find the inscription “Write to SIM” at the bottom of the screen.
- In the next window, select the subsection “Copy iPhone to SIM”.
Important! This procedure is not natively supported by the OS. Copying can be done using another gadget running on Android.
How to save contacts to a SIM card on iPhone
How to transfer contacts to SIM on iPhone? Many users are surprised that their modern and multifunctional smartphone does not allow this procedure. And this problem does not belong to the developers’ flaws. the gadget was originally conceived like that.
To overcome the obstacle, you will have to use additional applications and equipment on which such an exception is not provided. If a user constantly needs to rewrite data from a smartphone to a card, then it is better for him to use a jailbreak. Making a transfer on a jailbroken gadget is easier than fighting an operating system that prohibits any procedures other than those originally prescribed by the developers.
Important! Owners of “apple” gadgets should not forget that after jailbreaking their device, the company automatically removes the warranty. Any malfunctions and repairs will have to be paid out of your own
How to Transfer Contacts from SIM to Gmail or iCloud on iPhone
To transfer information to iCloud, you need to enter the main menu, find the application and go through identification. In it, activate the “Contacts” subsection by moving the slider. After a question from the system, the action is confirmed by the “Combine” button. The success of the operation is checked on the official page of the program. After logging in with your account, you can check all the information recorded in the last backup.
To rewrite in Gmail, you need to take any device running the Android operating system and go through the algorithm:
- Visit the main menu and move to the contact subsection.
- Go to “Accounts” and find in the resulting registry “Gmail”.
- Log in to old or create new mail.
- After that, move the slider to the right side to “Contacts” and wait a little while the synchronization procedure is over.
- Check if the smartphone is connected to a wireless Wi-Fi network.
- Remove the card from the smartphone and rearrange it to any device running the Android operating system.
- In the settings of the device, authorize under your own name and the code intended for entering Google.
- Upon completion of the procedure, you need to go to the book and clarify whether the necessary information has appeared.
- In the upper corner of the screen, you need to click on 3 dots (in some devices this is a context menu with additional functionality) and click on the import / export item.
- Then select the action “Import to card”. The operating system will suggest a partial or complete transfer of information. The user must choose the option that suits him.
- After confirmation, you need to click on the “Export” button. The gadget may display a message that synchronization will overwrite only part of the information. The most important part (subscriber’s name and cell number) will be entered, but photos, music tracks, additional information will not. If the problem is not critical, then click on the “Yes”.
After completing the process, you can take out the card and transfer it to your smartphone. Additional verification allows you to see that all information has been overwritten and saved. It is undesirable to delete information from the memory of a smartphone or other device without a preview.
Throwing off the information is not difficult, despite the restrictions introduced by the developers of the Apple company. A subsequent review of the directory will show whether it was possible to transfer information to the SIM card or the iPhone itself, to move not only bare numbers, but also the names of subscribers (in Russian). If the methods did not help in resolving the issue, then the user should contact the nearest service center.
Transfer using Gmail and Android device
To do this, you need any device running on Android and a Google account (or rather, Gmail). Briefly describing this method, then you will have to import the phone book first into Gmail, then import them to the card and rearrange them back to the iPhone.
- Launch “Settings” and find the “Contacts” tab in the list;
- Next, select the “Accounts” tab and find Gmail in the list that appears.
- Log in to the mail service or create a new account;
- After that, slide the toggle switch to the right to “Contacts”. You need to wait a bit before the synchronization process is complete;
- The next step is to make sure that the device is connected to the Internet (preferably via a wireless Wi-Fi network);
- Remove the SIM card from the iPhone and insert it into any gadget on the Android operating system;
- In the device settings, log in with your username and password in Google. It is not difficult to find this item, since on different versions of Android the tab is located in almost the same places: in “Settings”, “Accounts”. And select the appropriate line;
- Wait while the smartphone syncs data. After completing this action, go to the directory and check if the numbers have appeared;
- In the upper corner, click on three dots (or any context menu with additional functions) and tap on the “Import / Export” item;
- You need to select the action “Export to SIM card”. The gadget will offer to transfer some specific phone numbers or all. Choose what suits you best.
- After confirming the information, click on “Export”. It is likely that a message will appear stating that only a portion of the data will be migrated during synchronization. That is, the most necessary is the contact’s name and a combination of numbers without a photo, music tracks and additionally specified information. If this is optional and not critical, then just click on “Yes”;
- Wait until all phone numbers are transferred to the SIM card.
After completing the procedure, you can pull it out. Dispose as you like: leave it in your smartphone or return it to your iPhone to be sure that all information is safely stored in case of something.
Why transfer contacts
The new device is not only adaptation to the new operating system, but also the import of the most important files left on the previous gadget.
If you update the iPhone model to a newer one, then no manipulations are required. all data will be automatically sent to the device. To do this, you need to bring the old device to the new one, or restore one of the latest backups (we will talk about this in more detail below). In case you are switching from Android / Windows Phone or even a push-button phone, then everything is more complicated here. But why do this and why it is worth using one of the methods below?
- Firstly, every telephone is, first of all, a device for calls. This is its most important function. Without a SIM card slot, in fact, absolutely any gadget of any company is nothing. Even the same iPhone becomes an iPod (player) for a very high price;
- The banal reason is the change of the mobile operator;
- Rewriting contacts manually is completely unreliable. In the first case, there is a possibility of a mistake in the number. imagine that you have mixed up one number and deleted the old source. You will forever lose valuable access to the subscriber, and, often, there are cases that cannot be restored. And also. you can confuse the name of the contact with his number and write it down incorrectly;
- And also. it is infinitely long. Especially when there are several hundred people (or companies) in the phone book. You will spend a lot of hours on this! Why waste precious time when the whole thing can be entrusted to technology;
- It is also highly likely that you have a SIM card in your hands that has contacts, but there is no other suitable gadget from where you can transfer them to the iPhone. But all the same, you will have to resort to the help of the Internet, learning how now to copy the entered contacts from the smartphone to the SIM?
To import critical information quickly and without errors, use one of the methods described below. Before setting up and following one of the instructions, make sure all phone numbers are saved to the SIM card!
Transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM card
What to do in a situation if you need to perform the exact opposite action and import data from iPhone to a card ?! Above, we described several methods of “moving” contacts from a SIM card to an iPhone, among which it is described how to do this with a couple of simple steps. Unfortunately, the reverse option of actions is not yet provided for the same simple in execution.
There are two ways to do a reverse import. In the first case, you will definitely need a gadget on the Android axis, and in the second, you need to download and install a third-party program from the App Store or Google Play (Android is optional). Choose what suits you best.
How to transfer contacts from SIM card to iPhone and vice versa
A few years ago, the process of transferring contacts was accompanied by certain difficulties. I had to install special programs, personally try several methods (and then find out which one fits your model), and then carefully store the downloaded file with the phone book. But even this did not save from the fact that, probably, absolutely all copied numbers would be transferred. those that were attached after the creation of the file remained.
The transition to a new device means that you have to face the transfer of contacts from the SIM card to the phone. Fortunately, Apple smartphones have a simple function that allows you to import data from a SIM card in a matter of seconds. The article will describe more effective and working ways on how to do this, as well as how to transfer the phone book from iPhone to SIM card.
This method will work for those upgrading to the latest iPhone.
Everything is simple here: when logging in under your account, select the “Restore from backup” setting, and not create a new one. Make sure your iCloud backup was updated recently! And even easier: just bring the old device close to the new one.
In this case, not only the phone book will be transferred, but also all information, including photos, files, music, applications. It will take some time and a stable Wi-Fi connection is required.
Import via iOS settings
This method is the easiest, so start with it. The method will work if your SIM card supports import. If you received a card or changed it relatively recently, and the size corresponds to the slot (in the latest models, starting from the 5th generation, the size of nano-SIM), then do not worry: these SIM cards work quite well with this function.
So, to transfer data directly to iPhone, you need to follow these steps:
- Insert a suitable SIM into the slot. The connector is located on the right side of the gadget. To remove the part, use a paper clip that is located directly in the box of the device;
- Wait for the iPhone to see the SIM and identify the operator;
- Then go to the “Settings” of your device;
- Find the “Contacts” item and select “Import SIM contacts” in the list;
- The import procedure can take from several seconds to minutes, depending on the number of subscriber numbers.
- Check the “Contacts” application and make sure that the phone book appears on the smartphone.
If this did not happen for some reason, then try to repeat all the steps or read the article below.
Free utility My Contacts Backup
Once you’ve downloaded the app, follow these steps:
- Run the program. The first time you open the app, it may ask you to allow access to the Contacts app. Click the “Yes” tab;
- Click on the “Backup” action. After that, the creation of a backup copy will begin, you do not need to do anything else;
- Wait for the information to sync. After the process is complete, the file needs to be sent to another location, such as email, social network, or cloud service. Choose what works best;
- Insert the card from the iPhone into a third-party device;
- Open the file on a new gadget or transfer it via USB (after downloading it to your computer);
- The unpacking process will begin. Choose where to save the data: in this case, select “Save to SIM”. After that, return the SIM card to the iPhone.
If for some reason you were unable to import or export contacts, then contact Apple Support for help or visit the nearest communication salon of your mobile operator. Experts will help you find out why you cannot transfer data from iPhone to SIM and vice versa. You can also describe your problem in the comments under this material, and we will help you solve it by describing in detail the additional steps specifically for your smartphone.
How to Transfer Contacts from Phone to SIM Card on Android
There are several ways to transfer contacts from your phone to your SIM card:
Transferring contacts to the phone’s SIM card is convenient: after changing the mobile device to another, there will be no problems with transferring numbers to the Android address book.
Most often, you can get by with the built-in smartphone tools: you do not need to install additional software. The methods for transferring contacts to a SIM card may differ depending on the version of Android installed on the phone. We’ll be looking at a variant with Android 9 and a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone. Ways for Android 8 and below are also described.
Please tell us in the comments if you managed to transfer contacts to a SIM card. Also, if the described methods of transferring contacts on your phone are not available, check which device you are using and which version of Android is installed.
Transfer contacts to Android OS 8, 7, 6, 5 and below
In older versions of Android, copying contacts to a SIM card is different from the one described above. In order for information about numbers on a SIM card to be available on a new phone, you must:
- Go to the phone book using the special “Contacts” icon on the home screen.
- In the upper right corner, click on the “Options” item (In some operating systems, the “Options” item is indicated by an icon with three dots).
- In the menu that opens, select the “Settings” item.
- Select contacts and in the menu that opens, click on “Import / Export Contacts”.
- Click on the “Export” button. Android prompts you to select the location where you want to transfer your contacts. Use the command “Copy contacts from phone to SIM card”.
- Confirm your intention to copy contacts by clicking on the “Yes” button in the window that opens.
- Mark contacts for transfer. Further actions will be performed automatically.
Transferring contacts to a SIM card in Android 4
To transfer contacts from your phone to a Samsung SIM card (or to a device of any other brand) with the version of the Android 4 operating system, you must:
- Go to the contacts section using a special icon on the home screen or in the menu.
- Go to settings. To do this, press the “Menu”, “Options” or “” button depending on the phone model.
- In the window that opens, select the item “Export / import contacts”.
- Then select “Export to SIM-card”.
- Select the contacts you want to copy. You can click on the “Select All” button if you want to copy all contacts from the phone book.
- Carefully read and agree to the conditions under which data is copied from the phone to the SIM card.
As with other operating systems, only the contact’s name and phone number are saved when copying.
How to transfer contacts from SIM card to phone
After the import / export of contacts has been made, you can move the card to another phone. all phone numbers will be immediately available.
In order for the new information about contacts to be saved in the phone’s memory, it is necessary, accordingly, to transfer data from the SIM card to the smartphone. For this:
- Go to contacts through the icon on the home screen.
- In the menu (opens after clicking on the “Menu”, “Options” or “” depending on the version of the OS that is installed on the smartphone) select the item “Settings”. In newer versions of the Android operating system, you must select the item “Manage contacts”.
- Select “Export / Import Contacts“, then “Import”.
- Indicate where you want to copy the information from (in our case, from the SIM card).
- Selecting contacts, completing the import.
After these actions, the contacts will be saved in the phone memory. If you change your SIM card, the numbers will still be available for viewing.
Instructions: how to transfer contacts to a SIM card in Android OS 9
Transferring contacts to a SIM card in Android 9 is done as follows:
- From the main screen, you need to go to the address book using a special icon or through “Settings. Contacts”.
- Go to the Android settings menu by clicking on the icon with three dots.
- A menu will open with several items, among them select “Manage contacts”.
- A window will open offering the available options (merge, import / export, sync, change the default storage location). Select the item “Import / Export Contacts”.
- To transfer contacts from phone to SIM card, you must select “Export”. SIM card.
- Next, mark the contacts that need to be copied.
- If you need to move all contacts from the address book to the SIM card, just click on the “Copy all” button.
- Complete the procedure by clicking on the “Yes” button in the dialog box that opens.
Please note that when copying to the SIM card, only the phone number and contact name are transferred. Copy photo, email address and other contact details will not work due to SIM card limitations.
Tip: You can do it differently: restore contacts from a backup, or sync a new phone with your Google account. Read how to do this here. At the same time, you will not have any restrictions: you can copy email, address and other data about the contact.
Advice. For Android users, it is convenient to export contacts not to the SIM card, but to the Google Contacts cloud. Pros:
- contacts will always be available for synchronization for any device,
- address book data will be protected from accidental deletion.
Best apps for transferring contacts
You can transfer contacts to SIM not only with the built-in tools of the phone, but also through third-party software. There are also programs that allow you to backup your contacts. The advantage of a backup over a regular copy is that it is often possible to save not only the name and number, but also additional information.
- Titanium Backup. The application creates a full backup of the address book, as a result, no additional information on contacts is lost. Using the application, contacts can be saved to a memory card or information can be uploaded to the cloud for subsequent easy access from any mobile device. Disadvantages of the application: distributed on a paid basis, requires administrator rights.
- Dropbox. The app allows you to sync your contact information and store it in the cloud. In order not to lose the necessary information when changing the phone or firmware, just go to the program settings and click on “Save contacts”.
Important! Detailed instructions on how to backup contacts.
Dear Readers! Share in the comments if the described methods helped you or not? We will try to improve the article if suddenly some methods do not work on other versions of Android.
Gmail Android Smartphone
- SIM-enabled phone or tablet with Android OS.
- Active Google account.
Transferring contacts to SIM is done in two stages:
- Log in to your Gmail profile by linking your iPhone account.
- On iPhone, go to system settings, click “Contacts”.
- In the new section, click: “Accounts”. “Gmail”.
- In the option “Google account”, opposite to “Contacts”, move the slider to activate.
- Wait for the sync to finish (you need an internet connection to do this).
Numbers are imported to the cloud. Now from the cloud you need to transfer them to the SIM card. For this:
- Pick up an Android smartphone, install an “iPhone” SIM card into it.
- Log in to the same Google profile you used for the iPhone.
- Open: “Settings”. “Accounts”. “Google”. “Your profile name”. turn off and then turn on the “Contacts” option so that it immediately synchronizes the address book.
- After synchronizing the information with your smartphone, open the “Reference” application, go to the settings and to the “Import / Export” section.
- You need to import data from the phone’s memory to a SIM card. To do this, select the “Export to storage: SIM” function. A gadget with the latest version of Android can offer export sources: phone, messenger connections, Google profile. Select your smartphone. Read the warning about transferring only part of the information (limitation on the number of numbers in the database).
- After importing to the SIM, turn off the device, remove the SIM card and transfer it to the iPhone.
Now let’s take a closer look at the question. how to transfer contacts from an iPhone to a SIM card? There are several ways using services and an Android smartphone. These methods work for the entire line of Apple gadgets, including iPhone 6, 5s and even iPhone 4.
How to Copy Contacts from iPhone to SIM: Answer from Hamster
Everyone is healthy! The iPhone has the function of transferring contacts from the SIM card to the device memory, but the reverse option is not implemented. But there are several secret ways to transfer or copy contacts from iPhone to SIM, which not everyone knows about.
Why store contacts in the SIM card memory?
A SIM card is an electronic chip with its own permanent memory. It does not depend on the device with which it interacts, therefore it can be considered as source of data storage.
The main sources for storing numbers are also:
- The mobile device itself;
- Cloud services.
Backing up the address book on three independent channels increases the chances of saving important data.
- Having smashed the gadget, you can remove the SIM card from it and the numbers will remain with you.
- Having broken the SIM-card, you can replace it with a new one while maintaining the number, and pull up the address book from the phone.
- By drowning the SIM card and iPhone, you can pull numbers from the associated iCloud and Google profiles.
MC Backup Android
You can do without synchronization with Google by using the My Backup Contacts program:
- On the iPhone in the App Store, download the My Contacts Backup application, launch it and allow access to the list of numbers. Click “Backup” to create a data file.
- Use your email inbox to send an email to another Email linked to your Android phone.
- On your Android device, open the email and from the attached attachment import the phone numbers with the owners’ names into the phone memory. Use the “Contacts” application to open the file.
- To copy contacts from iPhone to SIM, export data to a SIM card temporarily inserted into Samsung or another Android gadget. For an example of import to a SIM card, see the section above.
How to transfer contacts to a SIM card from a jailbroken iPhone?
If your iPhone is jailbroken, use the SIManager utility available in the BeYoIp repository to copy contacts.
We advise you to download version 1.7, as it can boast stable work.
The tweak is intuitive. any user who has managed to jailbreak will deal with it without any problems. Copying contacts is done in just two steps:
On the main screen, click the “Write To SIM” button in the lower right corner.
In the menu that appears, click “Copy iPhone To SIM”.
The SIManager application is free, but the user will have to put up with ads (which, however, does not really interfere).
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to SIM Using Additional Programs?
The owner of an iPhone without jailbreak will have to use another mobile device. with an Android operating system. and a utility called My Backup Contacts. You can download the program in the AppStore at this link. the application is distributed free of charge.
How to copy numbers through My Backup Contacts?
First of all, give the utility access to the “Contacts” application. click “Allow”.
When the program recounts the contacts on the gadget, click on “Backup”.
The utility will generate a file in vcf format. it must be sent by e-mail. The application itself will recommend doing this.
In the form of an e-mail in the “To” column, indicate your email address, then click “Send”.
Open the letter on your mobile device with the Android operating system. From a vcf file on a gadget with an open OS, you can easily transfer numbers to a SIM card.
You can create a backup not only in the form of a vcf file, but also in the form of an Excel document. To do this, you need to go into the application settings, find the “Export Type” section and put a tick in front of CSV.
The way to copy contacts to a SIM card via My Backup Contacts, alas, cannot be called convenient, but there are no simpler methods now. Previously, the Yandex.Move program was recommended to users, but now it is not available either in the AppStore or in Google Play.
How to Copy Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card?
In order to transfer phone numbers from a SIM card to an iPhone, the user will not experience any problems. Apple devices have a very convenient service for importing contacts. But in the opposite direction. from iPhone to SIM. it is quite difficult to transfer numbers: the famous “closedness” of the iOS operating system affects. However, you should not despair: if you connect your imagination and some additional programs to the case, the task becomes doable.
How to Copy Contacts from iPhone to SIM Card via Computer?
You can use a PC as an intermediary to transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM. The procedure in this case again comes down to the formation of backups and their subsequent processing on an Android device.
To copy contacts to SIM via a computer, we will use iTunes. you need to proceed as follows:
Launch iTunes and go to the device control menu by clicking on the button with the smartphone image.
In the “Settings” section, select the “Information” section.
Check the box next to “Synchronize contacts with:” and select one of the options. “Windows Contacts” or “Outlook”.
It is recommended to select “Windows Contacts”. numbers saved in this application are easier to transfer to a mobile device.
Click the “Synchronize” button. this will start the process of data exchange between PC and mobile device.
After the synchronization on the PC is complete, click on the “Start” button and follow the path “Username”. “Contacts”.
The folder “Contacts” will contain cards with the extension contact.
These cards should be copied to a mobile device with an Android operating system. Numbers can be easily transferred from the Android background to the SIM memory.
On many sites dedicated to mobile technology, it is suggested to use the iFunBox desktop utility to transfer contacts from the iPhone. Now this method is irrelevant: the latest version of iFunBox (3.0) does not allow access to the directory of numbers.
Users who believe that the “all-powerful” iPhone is capable of performing any operation are greatly surprised when they find out that it is impossible to transfer contacts from an Apple gadget to a SIM. There is no talk about the flaw of Apple engineers in this case. the iPhone was conceived as a “closed” device.
It is possible to overcome the obstacles in the exchange of data that Apple fixes, but for this you will have to connect additional software and gadgets to the case, which are less sensitive to the confidentiality of information. Users who need to constantly copy data from the iPhone are better off jailbreak, but they should remember that after a “jailbreak” the device is removed from the warranty.
Copy to SIM card via iCloud
Like the previous method, it allows you to transfer data from an iPhone to a computer, and then copy it to a SIM card using an Android device. To sync your data, follow these steps:
- Connect iPhone to the Internet and go to the “Settings” menu.
- Find the item “iCloud” here. Depending on the version of iOs used, it can be found in the additional section “Accounts and Passwords”.
- A list of data to sync will open. Opposite the words “Contacts”, move the slider to the “Active” state.
- Using a browser on your computer, log into your Apple ID on iCloud.
- On the main cloud storage screen, go to the “Contacts” section. A list of all phone numbers from the iPhone will open.
- Now let’s move the desired contact or select everything (using the “Ctrl” “A” combination). After that, in the lower left corner, click on the gear icon.
- In the list that appears, click “Export vCard” to transfer all data to your PC.
Having copied contacts to a computer, they can be transferred to an Android device (as described in the method above) and exported to a SIM card via a smartphone. After that, it can be installed on the iPhone.
How to copy contacts from iPhone to SIM card
iPhone does not save phone numbers to the SIM card, but it does allow you to import data that has already been saved to your device. You can use iCloud to transfer numbers between different iPhones. To transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM card and copy them to another smartphone, use the methods described below.
Transfer to SIM card via iTunes
To transfer data, you will need an Android device and a computer with iTunes installed (available for free download from the official Apple website). Procedure:
- Connect iPhone to PC using USB cable and launch iTunes.
- Wait for synchronization and in the main window of the program, click on the icon in the form of a smartphone.
- In the “Overview” block, find and click on the item “Information”.
- Check the “Synchronize contacts with” checkbox and select “Windows Contacts” from the drop-down list. Optionally, you can use “Outlook” for this purpose.
- At the bottom of the window, find and click on the “Sync” button to start transferring data from iPhone to computer.
- When finished, disconnect the device from the PC and close iTunes. Go to the start menu and open the personal folder of the user account.
- Here find and open the directory “Contacts”. The computer displays all ported phone numbers and other related information.
- Connect your Android device to your PC and copy all the necessary contact cards to it. After that, transfer them to the SIM using the built-in tools of the smartphone.
When the copying of data to the SIM card via the Android phone is over, the contacts can be used on the iPhone. The method does not require jailbreak and installation of additional software.
If there is a jailbreak
If the iPhone operating system is jailbroken (jailbreak), then transfer the contact information using the SIM Manager application. It is available as a free download and does not require the use of additional devices. Procedure:
- Download and install SIM Manager on iPhone. The program is suitable for importing, archiving and transferring data.
- Run the application. A list of contacts available on the iPhone will be displayed. Click on the “Write to SIM” button to start transferring information.
- A window with additional parameters will appear. Select “Copy iPhone To SIM” and wait for the data to be written.
After that, the SIM card can be freely used in other devices, and all phone numbers and other related information will be available for viewing.
Import contacts from iPhone to SIM card
By default, iPhones do not support the function of importing phone numbers from the device to the SIM card. You can only move data using special software, an intermediary device (smartphone on Android or PC) or iOs jailbreak.
With the help of special software
As in the previous method, to transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM card, you will have to use an additional Android device. But in this case, the operation does not require a computer. Procedure:
The method is also suitable in cases when you just need to transfer contacts from one iPhone to another, and not a SIM.
Import contacts from SIM card to iPhone
You can transfer phone numbers from SIM cards to iPhone using built-in tools. You don’t need to install additional applications or hack iOs for this. How to copy contacts from SIM card to iPhone:
- Insert the SIM card into an empty slot on the iPhone. Additionally, make sure it fits in the size. If necessary, cut it or replace it with a mobile operator.
- Start the iPhone and wait for the SIM card to be detected by the device. Go to the “Settings” menu and click on the “Contacts” item.
- From the list that appears, select “Import SIM Contacts” to start transferring data to iPhone. After that, the numbers will appear in the system applications “Contacts” and “Phone”.
If the data was not copied, then it is possible that before that they were stored not on the SIM card, but in the phone memory, cloud storage or on the gmail account.
There are several ways to copy contacts from iPhone to SIM. The easiest way is to export data through a special application and then move it to a new device or SIM card. If the main task is to make a backup, then you can transfer phone numbers to your Windows computer via iTunes or iCloud.
Application to import contacts from iPhone to SIM card of another device. My contact backup
If you want to copy contacts from iPhone to SIM, please, you can do it using the free application. My contact backup
This free application, available in the App Store, which, as the name suggests, allows you to copy contacts, download to mail, and then transfer, for example, to any Android, with which you can transfer contacts to a SIM card.
Move to mail is done in just two clicks, only the process will be a little delayed, since you need to download this data to Android, but you have no other choice.
How to copy contacts from iPhone to SIM card
If you start searching on the Internet “how to transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM card”, you will find quite a few results.
But there is no real, direct way to transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM card, so don’t look.
The network will offer you programs and others where you need to jailbreak the iPhone, but you won’t be able to do such a procedure on ios 10.3.3 or ios 11, which are now installed on iPhones. so do not waste your time. And then what to do? There is an exit.
Why do you need to import contacts from iPhone to SIM card? Most likely, then to put the card in another phone and start using the contacts on it.
So, you can simply move contacts not to the SIM card, but from iPhone. to iPhone or from iPhone. to Android (by clicking on the links, you will see instructions). You can also read the entry below. you will learn a lot of interesting and useful.
How to save contacts from iPhone to SIM card
You have decided to replace your old iPhone with an Android smartphone and therefore you want to move contacts, but you do not know how to do it.
Instinctively, you decided to copy from iPhone to SIM card, and then transfer them to Android, but, unfortunately, Apple smartphone does not allow you to do this.
The iPhone, in fact, does not have a special function in which you can copy contacts from to a SIM card in order to access the address book through other smartphones.
In short, you’re in a tight spot and can’t get out but don’t panic! Opportunities, however, are.
Today, I will give you what, in my opinion, are the best available applications that allow you to copy data to a SIM card and it’s not very difficult.
Therefore, I propose to spend ten minutes of free time and focus on reading the information that I am about to provide.
Before I tell you what steps you need to take to copy, you need to make some clarity.
On all iPhones, numbers are not saved on the SIM card, but only in the device’s memory and after enabling the corresponding option to the Apple cloud.
Thus, without any special procedure, pulling out the SIM card from the phone and inserting it into another, you will not have access to all your contacts, remember this.
Since the entire address book is stored in the phone, you need to resort to using some special applications available in the App Store.
NOTE: perform the reverse operation, Apple smartphones have built-in tools.
My favorite app is to move contacts from iPhone to SIM card of another smartphone. Contacts Backup. IS Contacts Kit Free
Despite the fact that the Contacts Backup. IS Contacts Kit Free program does not have a Russian language, nevertheless I like it the most.
The app allows you to back up in XLS, CSV, Outlook or vCard format.
To use it, go to the “app store” and download it. if necessary, enter your Apple ID.
Now go back to the home screen and look for the Contact Kit icon. Once launched, you will have four options. import contacts, export, make a copy and merge.
First, click “Start” (start copying).
If you want to “Send”, for example, by e-mail, then click on “Dog”.
Now enter the address (opposite to whom) and click “Send” at the top right.
If the other phone is Android, then just sync contacts with Gmail.
If you have a second Windows Phone device, you can continue to use Gmail as you would for Android, just add your Gmail account.
As for me, this is a great free application that allows you to back up your contacts on the iPhone, after which you can copy them to another smartphone and thus to the SIM card.
By default, the backup copy of the iPhone address book is in vCard format. Later you can use the files obtained from the created backup contacts. Success.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to iPhone
There are several ways to transfer the necessary information from one phone to another:
Each of the listed methods should be considered separately.
The outlook migration looks like this:
- The application is downloaded to both smartphones, is activated.
- Data is transferred using synchronization.
We use iCloud
iCloud is a proprietary development of Apple, which is a cloud storage of user data (media files, phone numbers, etc. are automatically uploaded there), where everything is stored in a closed form. The essence of the method itself is quite simple. the user uploads all the contacts he needs to the virtual storage, and then logs in from another device and downloads them. But, in order to carry out the operation, you must have an AppleID account, if it does not exist, you will need to create it, guided by the following instructions:
- The first step is to go to the official Apple website and register
- So, now we have an AppleID and we can log into the cloud storage using the following path: Settings. iCloud.
Transfer from SIM card
You need to go along the path: Settings. Mail. Import contacts from SIM. Import contacts from SIM (you need to wait for the end of the procedure).
Transfer to SIM card
Also, for exporting information from the phone, a SIM card can be used, to which the user will copy the data he needs. There are several ways to accomplish this procedure. with and without jailbreak.
Jailbreak is getting administrator rights on the iPhone, thanks to which you can perform previously blocked functions. Having received a jailbreak, you can simply copy the numbers to the SIM card and move it to another smartphone.
If you don’t want to bother with installing additional software, then you can use the universal Easy Backup program, which will automatically transfer all contacts to another smartphone.