Owners of “obsolete” LG TVs should not be upset and images from smartphones from Apple can also be viewed on the TV screen. Older TVs have a composite video and audio input. In order to connect a phone to a TV, you will need one of three types of cable:
- USB AV. for smartphones from Apple version 4s and older. Three tulip plugs connect to TV, 30-pin plug to smartphone.
- AV HDTV from Apple. for phones version 4 and 4s. The signal quality of this cable is improved thanks to the sync plugs.
- Lightning VGA Adapter. For iPhone 5 and up. In addition to the adapter, you will need a VGA cable.
Reference! The connection via the analog input does not require special settings, it is only important to pay attention to the correspondence of the colors of the plugs “tulips” and the inputs of the TV.
After connecting in the settings, you need to select the appropriate “Signal source”.
With a cable
The cable connection of the “apple” phone to the LG TV will require the purchase of an appropriate adapter, since the iPhone has only one connector for connecting with other devices and the same connector for charging the smartphone.
Connecting to a TV via a USB port is not easy, but very simple: one end of the USB cable is inserted into the smartphone, and the other into the corresponding port of the TV.
- IPhone version 4 and later requires a dedicated Apple USB cable.
- Starting from the 5th version of the iPhone, a special Apple Lightning to USB Adapter is used.
The final step is to select the USB mode in the TV settings (“Signal Source”).
When you connect your smartphone to your TV via USB, the iPhone acts as a storage medium. Simply put: it is possible to view only photos and / or videos loaded into the permanent memory of the device. Streaming directly from YouTube, for example, is not possible.
Connecting iPhone to TV via HDMI is the best option for high quality (Full HD) video.
To connect two devices, you need adapters:
- iPhone version 4 and later. AV Adapter Digital.
- iPhone 5 and above. AV Adapter Lightning.
Such a connection does not require any special settings and looks exactly the same as a USB connection step by step:
- The adapter connects to the smartphone.
- HDMI cable one end connects to the adapter, the other to the TV.
- The device is read and configured automatically.
- In the TV settings, HDMI is indicated as the signal source. If there are several HDMI ports on the TV, specify the one to which the smartphone is connected.
The only drawback of this connection is the short HDMI cable. The limitation is caused by the impossibility of transmission over a long signal “cord” without loss of quality.
Using Apple TV
For a TV without airplay support, streaming video content from an Apple smartphone is carried out using the Apple TV set-top box.
Attention! This equipment is compatible with iPhone version 4 and below.
Specialist services are not required to connect an Apple TV set-top box, but you should make sure that the iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. To start using the set-top box, you must complete the following steps:
- Following the attached instructions, connect the equipment to the TV (connect the HDMI cable to the set-top box and TV; plug the Apple TV into a power outlet).
- Make sure that the phone and the set-top box are connected to the same wireless network (Wi-Fi).
- Using the remote control or phone, select the HDMI signal type in the TV menu.
- Further settings are simple and straightforward and are also carried out using the remote control or iPhone.
The undoubted advantage of the “apple” set-top box is the ability to equate not a new TV with Smart TV.
The wireless method of connection is attractive, first of all, by the absence of wires, which means that there are no strict restrictions on the range of placing a smartphone from TV.
The ability to connect iPhone and TV without the use of awkward cords varies by TV model. As a rule, LG Smart TVs have a built-in wireless data transfer module.
Media Player Google Chromecast
There is another way to play videos and photos from the iPhone on the large screen of the television panel. for this, a Google Chromecast device is used.
A device from Google allows you to broadcast streaming video, photo and audio content to TV, even if the TV does not have a Wi-Fi module.
Connecting the player will require just a few steps:
- Miniature player plugs into the HDMI connector of the TV.
- Both devices connect to a common Wi-Fi network, in general this happens automatically, however, you may need to enter a password from the wireless network.
- Download in GooglPlay and install the Google Home program. Launch the application. Create a google account or log into an existing one.
- A list of all devices connected and ready to start appears on the smartphone screen. Select LG TV.
- Next, a code will appear on the TV screen, which must be entered into the application field on the iPhone.
Broadcast using AirPlay
For the happy owners of Apple and iPhone TVs, connecting a smartphone to a TV was literally a matter of two touches. The technology of “air data transmission” from “apple” allows you to duplicate the iPhone screen on a TV or start broadcasting videos, photos, presentations, games directly from the running application.
- Connect your smartphone and TV to a shared Wi-Fi network.
- Select the AirPlay icon on the smartphone screen (for the “Photos” folder. the “Transfer” icon).
- Select Smart TV, if there are several such TVs. select the one you need.
- We connect to a common Wi-Fi network for the smartphone and TV.
- By “swiping” up from the bottom of the smartphone screen (for iPhone 8 and below) and from the upper right corner for later versions, open the “Control Center”.
- Click the Screen mirroring icon.
- Select an AirPlay TV from the list.
- If necessary. enter the password.
To stop broadcasting and mirroring the screen in the same smartphone menus there are corresponding “buttons”.
Important! Unfortunately, not all TVs support airplay technology. Many manufacturers, including LG, launched AirPlay-enabled models in 2019. But there are TVs on sale that will get a new feature when the software is updated.!
All LG Smart TVs have Wi-Fi connectivity via a built-in module. To start viewing photo and video content from iPhone on LG TV, you need to:
- Make sure both iPhone and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On the official LG website, download the Smart Share program, which is completely free and is located in the “Support”. “Hardware and Software” section.
- Install the required application on the iPhone by downloading it from the App Store. There are many such applications, they can be free, or they can cost money (iMediaShare, TV Assist, Twonky Beam).
- Launch the program on your smartphone. Further steps may be different, depending on the selected application. So, in Twonky Beam you need to check the box “Show or hide show”; select the desired photo or video; wait for the start of playback.
When choosing a method to connect an iPhone to an LG TV, you need to find out if the TV has a Wi-Fi module. If the device is old enough, then the wireless module may not be in it, but it probably has USB, HDMI or analog input ports.
It is also possible to connect iPhone to TV via Apple TV, AirPlay and Google Chromecast.
This option will take longer. over, from the conductor from which the connection to the Internet is supplied, it is possible to connect to only one device. If you have a laptop or computer, then you will have to choose one device on which the Internet will be stable. If you connect a TV via a cable, you will have to make an access point out of it.
If you still chose this method, then the connection instructions are as follows:
- The LAN wire connects to the router on one side and to the TV on the other.
- After that, a connection notification window will appear on the screen.
- Go to the settings in the “Network” section and select “Wired Ethernet connection”.
- Now your device goes online.
How to connect Wi-Fi on LG TV: 3 ways, instructions
Greetings to our regular readers and visitors of the portal! In the age of high technologies, human life becomes more comfortable with each new invention. Electronics manufacturers are increasingly coming up with smart features and integrating them into devices. One of the well-known and popular options is Smart TV. Let’s figure out what Smart TV is and how to connect an LG TV to the Internet. Go!
Tips & Tricks
- The Internet must provide a speed of 50 Mbps / sec for high quality network operation, watching movies in high definition and just for quick transition from one page to another.
- The LAN cable method is less reliable and convenient. On devices, the port for this connection is often intended for other purposes.
- If you wanted to work in a browser, then using the remote control for typing is not very convenient. You will be helped by a wireless keyboard and mouse that can be connected via a USB port.
If anyone needs it, the video provides instructions on how to connect to the LG Internet with webOS:
Wireless connection if the TV does not have a WI-FI module
If your device does not have a built-in module, then buy a special adapter. It costs about 2,000 rubles. You need to buy an adapter suitable for your model.
To set up a network connection on your LG device, you need to:
- Turn on the router that distributes the Internet.
- Connect the WI-FI adapter to the back of the TV.
- A connection notification window will appear on the TV screen.
- Go to the settings in the “Network”. “Wireless connection”.
- As in the first method, find the name of your network and connect to it.
Smart TV is the integration of the Internet into a device such as a TV. With this function, you have ample opportunities to use various resources. For example, watching movies, surfing the Internet, accessing social networks, applications and much more.
So, what is needed to connect our LG TV with Smart TV to the Internet:
- TV with built-in Smart TV option. It is desirable that the device has a WI-FI module.
- Branded receiver (you will need it if the TV is not equipped with a network adapter).
- WI-FI router (this is a device through which you can connect multiple devices to a wireless network).
How to connect via a router?
This is the most optimal way of all. New modern LG TVs with Smart TVs usually have a built-in Wi-Fi module. The main advantage of this option is the wireless connection. It is done through a Wi-Fi router.
Here is the sequential procedure for setting up a network connection:
- Turn on the router.
- Turn on your LG TV and go to settings.
- Open the “Network Connection” section.
- Select your wireless connection type.
- Find your hotspot, enter the password and save the settings.
The routers also have a WPS button. Its work is similar to the action of a key from an intercom. By pressing this button on the gadget to be connected to the network, and then on the same button on the router, within 15 seconds, the connection to Wi-Fi will occur automatically.
Internet connection methods
There are several ways to connect the TV to the network, for example, via a Wi-Fi router, using a special adapter or via a cable. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages. Let’s consider each of them in detail.
You can also watch the video for instructions for the most popular TV brands:
The Internet on TV is not yet a common feature among users. Not everyone knows what is possible, and how convenient and interesting it is. There are many advantages of this service. And if you have the opportunity to purchase a TV with Smart TV function, then do it and you will not regret!
If you have any questions, write in the comments! And a small wish from our team. delving into the virtual world, never forget about live communication! See you dear!
How to connect your smartphone to your LG Smart TV
There are several ways to connect your smartphone to your LG Smart TV. The article details two of the most common. Other methods are either no longer available or are used very rarely.
Connecting your phone to a TV via USB
To connect via the USB port on your TV, you need a wire that you usually use to charge your smartphone. In general, it connects in the same way as you connect to a computer in order to drop the necessary media files there.
One end of the wire should have a USB 2.0 Type-A plug, and the other end of the wire should have a plug that fits into your phone. It can be microUSB or miniUsb or whatever, depending on your brand and phone model.
Insert one end of the wire into the phone and the other into the TV through the USB connector. If the connection is valid, the device is connected appears on the TV. In turn, a pop-up window with connection options will appear on your phone. For charging, for example, or for transferring files and images. Choose the second option.
Now, using the Photos & Videos app from the bottom row of the app on your Smart TV screen, you can view your phone’s content. Please note this type of connection is intended only for playing media content from a smartphone to a TV.
How to connect phone to LG Smart TV via HDMI
This connection is used very rarely, but we must touch on it. A special cable and possibly an additional adapter are used here. One end of the cable uses an HDMI plug that plugs into a similar jack on your TV, and the other end of the cable uses a plug from your port on your phone. As a rule, this wire is difficult to find, so let’s move on to the most common type of connection. via WI-FI
Connecting smartphone to LG Smart TV via WI-FI Direct
To play content from a smartphone on a TV, you can use the built-in functionality of the TV. connecting the device to a TV via Wi-fi direct. This technology allows you to connect other devices via a wireless communication channel without using a router.
- Check if the WI-FI direct function is available on the smartphone
- Enable this function in the smartphone setup menu.
- Go to the settings in the “Network” section and then to the WI-FI direct section
- Turn on content sharing
WI-FI direct is not an application, but a function in modern mobile phones. If your smartphone does not support this function, then it is not possible to use it. The connection speed corresponds to a regular WI-FI connection.
Once connected, you can view content from devices using Photos & Videos or Music on TV.
How to connect phone to TV via WI-FI LG Smart TV
This is the most popular and simplest connection, and through it you can do the following.
- Play content from smartphone on TV
- Display the smartphone screen on the Smart TV screen or otherwise. screen sharing
- Control your TV using it as a remote control
details about each method of connecting your phone to your LG Smart TV via WI-FI can be found in the “Connection Manager”, which is located in the bottom row of applications on the main screen of Smart TV.
The official LG TV Remove app is used to watch content from a smartphone on the TV. Once connected, you can view content such as picture, video or music from Smart devices on your TV. How to download and install it, you can read the article “How to control LG Smart TV from your phone”
After connecting, an icon with the name of the device appears on the main screen of Smart TV on the right side of the screen. If you make it active using the remote control and clicking “OK”, the link “Content Sharing” will appear. By clicking on it, a screen with the contents of the phone will open. Images, videos and other media content will be presented. You can close this screen using the cross in the right corner of the screen.
The link will appear if your smartphone is active. If the phone goes into sleep mode. a splash screen appears, the link will not appear.
Also in the LG TV Remove application itself in the menu you can find the item “Content on the mobile”. By going to it, all media files distributed by sections will open. By selecting the desired image or video, you can display it for playback on the TV screen.
How to connect a TV with Smart TV to the Internet via Wi-Fi? For example LG 32LN575U
Hello friends! Now, the topic of TVs with Smart TV function is very popular. It’s really cool and convenient, but many people have problems connecting these TVs to the Internet. I wrote in this article about the ways in which you can connect a TV to the World Wide Web, where I wrote that you need to do this.
In this article, I want to tell you more and show how to connect your TV to the Internet using Wi-Fi wireless technology. In this way, you can connect in the event that your TV has a Wi-Fi function, or you bought and connected an external Wi-Fi receiver (in the article, the link to which is above, I talked about this).
Nowadays, a lot of TVs are equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi receiver. It is very convenient, there is no need to lay any cables, etc.
Connect iPhone to LG Smart TV. Airplay (2021)
- The TV itself with built-in Wi-Fi (or with an external receiver)
- Well, the Wi-Fi network itself, the installed router, for example, this https://f1comp.ru/sovety/kak-podklyuchit-i-nastroit-wi-fi-router-tp-link-tl-wr841n-instrukciya-s-kartinkami /. Perhaps you do not have a router, but there are open networks, or networks for which you have a password. And one more thing, if you can’t connect to an open network, then do not rush to throw off all the problems on your device, perhaps there is simply MAC address filtering enabled.
We connect Smart TV to Wi-Fi
Unfortunately, I can only show you how to do this on an LG TV. The process itself, on other popular TVs such as Samsung, SONY, Philips, Toshiba, does not differ much.
Turn on your TV and open settings. There is a special button on the remote for this.
Go to the Network tab and select Network Connection.
Then we see a small instruction. Click the “Configure connection” button.
Select the desired wireless network from the list.
Note. If you need to set the parameters for the connection yourself, then click on the “Manual settings” button. This will be needed, for example, in order to connect to a network with a hidden SSID, specify a static IP, connect using WPS technology, etc.
Now we need to provide a password to connect to the wireless network.
If you entered the password correctly, and your network is working well, then you should see a message that the TV is connected to a wireless network. Just click the Finish button. If you have forgotten the password for your network, then read the article https://f1comp.ru/bezopasnost/kak-uznat-parol-ot-svoej-wi-fi-seti/.
If you are prompted to enter IP and DNS, then leave everything on “Automatic”. Also, it is possible that a network map will be built.
That’s it, you can use all the functions of Smart TV technology! If you turn on Smart TV mode, you will see an icon that indicates that the TV is connected to the Internet.
That’s it, everything is very simple and straightforward. If you have a different model, or even a different manufacturer, then I think that problems should not arise. And if there are any difficulties, then write in the comments, we will sort it out together.
I connected the TV via TP-Link TL-WR841N (5 more devices were connected with it). My Internet speed is up to 15 Mb / s, the real speed is 2 Mb / s. I did not notice any problems with Smart TV. Videos from YouTube and other services show perfectly and without delays.
What files can be opened on TV
Many users mistakenly believe that only pictures, videos and films can be transferred from the gadget to Smart TV. But in reality, the functionality of modern TVs is much wider than most of their owners think. By choosing the right type of connection and connecting the smartphone to Smart TV, each user can:
- enable online channels;
- watch videos on YouTube channels;
- broadcast any games and applications to the big screen;
- transfer images from your device to the TV.
The functional ability of synchronization depends entirely on how the devices are connected.
How do I connect my phone to Smart TV? In total, there are several ways to transfer data from a mobile device to a TV, and they are all divided into two types:
In the latter case, a special cable is required to connect the gadget to an LG, Sony or Samsung TV. USB, HDMI or Slim Port. An ordinary wire with tulips is also quite suitable. Almost all modern TVs that do not support Wi-Fi for synchronization with a smartphone are necessarily equipped with at least one of the necessary connectors.
As for the implementation of wireless data transmission to the TV screen, for this, both devices must be equipped with technologies such as AirPlay, Miracast or their analogues.
How to connect your phone to your Smart TV via HDMI
If you are at home, then using cables is unlikely to cause you any inconvenience, but you can easily improve the quality of the transmitted image and the connection as a whole.
HDMI cable is especially appreciated by owners of smartphones and TVs due to the fastest and highest quality information exchange. When connected via this cable, Smart TV literally reflects the image of the gadget, like a mirror. It is this effect that makes it possible to boast of photos and videos in front of a large company, launch your favorite game, or just enjoy the music stored in your phone to your heart’s content.
True, it should be said that the use of this method may be limited to the gadget model. Indeed, for synchronization via an HDMI cable, both devices must have a corresponding connector, which some smartphones are not equipped with. Although in such a situation, the developers took care of their users, because progress does not stand in one place. To eliminate this defect, an MHL cable was invented, which is a kind of converter between HDMI and USB connectors.
So how do you connect your phone to Smart TV in this way? Everything is extremely simple. To establish a connection, perform a few manipulations:
- turn off both devices;
- connect the phone to the TV with a cable;
- turn on the fixtures;
- open Smart TV settings;
- select a suitable signal source;
- turn on any app on your phone.
Although it is not uncommon to set up synchronization between devices automatically.
How to connect your phone to Smart TV: methods and instructions
Every owner of a smartphone at least once wanted to connect it to their TV in order to show friends or relatives various pictures or videos on the big screen. Of course, this method is much more convenient than showing the same photos to everyone in a large company several times in a row.
In addition, for sure, every smartphone user has a favorite application that they really want to try on a large screen that conveys even the smallest details. Based on this, a logical question arises: “How to connect the phone to Smart TV?”. In fact, this can be done very easily, and even in several different ways.!
How to connect your phone to Smart TV via USB
Unlike HDMI, this device will not open the screen of the gadget for you, but will only show a folder with its contents. Although you will be able to reproduce the necessary music, videos and images in the same way. In addition, the TV can recognize popular presentation and document formats.
How do I connect my phone to Smart TV via USB? In this case, everything is also very simple! Turn off the devices first, then connect the cable to the appropriate connectors and turn on the devices. After the performed manipulations, the connection will be established automatically. Just do not forget that the wire you need will have different outputs at the ends, suitable for a TV and a smartphone.
Such synchronization makes it possible to completely duplicate the image from a mobile device. In this case, the phone can be controlled using the TV remote control.
The connection methods already described are suitable not only for Smart TVs, but also for ordinary TVs. And now we will talk about how to connect a gadget to a “smart” device. Indeed, for a wireless contact, the presence of Wi-Fi technology in the TV is necessary, which is absent in older models.
So, how do you connect your smartphone to Smart TV if, for example, you are visiting and you don’t have the right wire at hand, or you just don’t want to mess with cables? To do this, you can also use several synchronization methods.
Features of standard programs
Of course, the vendors have worked hard to develop these applications for a reason. All of them significantly expand the ability of ordinary synchronization of a TV and a mobile device. With the help of these programs, the entire synchronization process is automated, all files are reformatted into a format suitable for playback on a large screen, as a result of which the image quality is significantly improved.
In this case, the connection is as easy and simple as possible. For example, how do I connect my phone to an LG TV? Connect to the shared network on both devices, then launch the Smart Share folder. That’s all, now you can try all the functionality of your TV. In this case, the smartphone can be used as a remote control. And if you establish the connection the other way around, then using the TV remote control you can open the folders on the phone.
The algorithm for connecting a smartphone to a TV is as follows:
- Use a USB cable to connect your mobile device to the TV.
- On the screen of your phone, you must select the item “Connect as USB-storage”.
- In the TV menu, the user only needs to select the item “USB devices”, after which a context menu will be displayed on the screen, where you need to select the manufacturer and phone model used.
Note! In this way, you can connect all TV models equipped with a USB output.
The whole connection process includes only 3 points, after which the user can watch all the media content stored in the memory of the mobile device on the big screen.
Mobile devices from LG are preferable to connect to TVs of the same brand using the Smart Share function. The step-by-step procedure looks like this:
- Connect your mobile device and TV to your home Wi-Fi network.
- Activate Smart your phone.
- Activate this option on the TV.
Further, the pairing will be carried out automatically, the user will only have to display the content on the big screen.
The sequence of steps is as follows:
- Activate the “Wi-Fi Direct” function on your mobile gadget, this option is located in the “Wireless Connections” section.
- In the TV settings go to the “Network” section, then select and activate the “Wi-Fi Direct” option.
- Now, in the process of searching for available devices, the TV should find the name of the phone.
- Select the required phone and connect to it, confirming your intentions.
That’s it, now the user can control the TV using LG’s proprietary Wi-Fi Remote technology.
Connecting to a TV via an HDMI cable is considered the easiest. To implement the method, it is necessary that the mobile device or tablet be equipped with a miniHDMI interface to ensure pairing.
The step-by-step algorithm is as follows:
- One end of the cord is inserted into the socket on the TV, located on the back cover, and the other is connected directly to the phone. The user needs to keep in mind the unique port number to use.
- Turn on the TV and go to the main menu, go to the section for selecting the signal source (alternatively, you can simply press the Input button on the remote control). You need to select the input with the number to which the cord was connected. As a rule, only he is active and available for selection.
- The picture setting will start automatically according to the TV screen resolution. This is necessary in order for all content to be displayed in full screen.
When the devices are paired, the mobile device desktop will be displayed on the TV screen.
The pros and cons of this approach are described in the table:
Pairing your phone and TV from LG via HDMI
There are many wireless methods available to easily connect your phone to your TV. All methods are easy to implement, so you need to give preference to the most appropriate in a particular case.
Wired connection methods
If the TV is not equipped with a wireless connection function, then you need to use another method. one of the wired pairing options.
How to connect your phone to an LG TV via Wi-Fi
Manufacturers of mobile devices and TVs have developed several options for how to connect these devices to each other. Some methods allow you to use a regular smartphone as a Smart set-top box, while others are limited to viewing media content stored in the internal memory of the phone.
Possibilities of connecting a smartphone to a Smart TV via Wi-Fi
This is not the easiest way to connect a mobile device to a TV, but it is considered to be universal and works with a minimum number of disruptions. This approach can be used if a particular LG model does not support modern wireless technologies.
Note! Additionally, it may be necessary to set up the TV so that the SSID appears on the screen among the available networks. You can familiarize yourself with the setup features in the operating instructions supplied with the kit.
The algorithm on how to connect a phone to a TV via LG Wi-Fi is as follows:
- Connect the TV set to the router using an internet cable.
- Set up an active internet connection.
- After displaying it among the available contacts, the router gains access to broadcasting streaming information on the TV screen.
This method works equally effectively on all operating systems. Android and iOS (iPhone, iPad). If you cannot synchronize your mobile device with the general network, then you will need to additionally purchase a special set-top box from the Smart varieties. Other assistive devices may be needed.
Connecting Smartphone to Smart TV via Wi-Fi
Via Wi-Fi router
To establish a connection you will need:
- TV with Smart TV and Wi-Fi functions;
- smartphone with Wi-Fi function;
- home wifi router.
First, you need to connect your TV and smartphone to your home Wi-Fi network. After that, we will look in the menu for a special application from the manufacturer, which allows you to directly connect devices of the same brand. So, to make life easier for its customers, Samsung has released AllShare, Sony has released VAIO Media Server, Philips has this Philips MyRemote, and LG has Smart Share available. Here it is necessary to separately mention how to connect iPhone to Smart TV. Apple has also provided the ability to connect its smartphone to the iTV. For this, an Apple TV set-top box with AirPlay technology is used.
There is no doubt that manufacturers have worked so hard to develop these products for a reason. All of them significantly expand the possibilities of the usual connection between a smartphone and a TV. With these applications, audio and video files are automatically converted to a format that can be played by the TV, the picture quality is improved so that it is not damaged by stretching on a wide screen, the phone can act as a remote control, and if you pair with Smart TV, on the contrary, the remote control can open programs and folders on the smartphone.
Without using a Wi-Fi router
Almost all TVs equipped with a Wi-Fi function, as well as most devices based on the Android platform, also have Wi-Fi Direct technology, which allows gadgets to communicate with each other “directly”, without involving a router or home network. With such a connection, the TV displays what is happening in the smartphone, but cannot manage folders and directories by itself.
Features of connecting the phone to Smart TV
You can use Smart TV to display videos, photos or games stored on your smartphone on a large screen.
Interaction capabilities of a smartphone and a TV depend on wired and wireless interfaces, software versions, tasks connected.
For example, a smartphone can be used as:
- advanced control panel or text input;
- external microphone;
- the system unit to which the keyboard and mouse are connected;
- and so on.
- second screen;
- a full-fledged workstation (like a PC);
Below we will consider the popular ways to connect your phone and Smart TV.
If you are at home, using wires will not cause you much inconvenience, but it will significantly improve the quality of pairing and transfer of information from a smartphone to a TV.
Unlike HDMI, this cable will not show you the smartphone screen, but will open a folder with its contents. You can play video, music and open photos in the same way, in addition, Smart TV will be able to recognize popular document and presentation formats.
And again, the whole process is extremely simple. turn off your smartphone and TV, and then connect the cable to their USB ports. Do not forget to choose the cable that suits you. the TV has a connector with a regular USB output, but smartphones have built-in micro-USB or mini-USB, so your cable should have different types of ends. After switching on, the connection will already be established.
The cable with this name is especially appreciated by users for the fastest and highest quality data exchange. When you connect an HDMI cable, the TV “mirrors” the smartphone on its screen. In other words, it shows the manipulations that you perform on your phone. This just allows you to show off your photos and video clips in front of a large audience, launch your favorite “shooter” or enjoy a musical composition stored on a flash drive.
So, to establish an HDMI connection, you need to turn off your smartphone and TV, insert the cable into the appropriate connectors, then turn on the devices. Typically, the connection is configured automatically. It remains to switch the TV to transmit a signal via HDMI.
The previous connection options apply to both Smart TVs and regular TVs without this technology. This section will focus specifically on connecting to “smart” devices, since wireless contact requires Wi-Fi technology, which is not available on all TVs.
So, how do you connect your phone to Smart TV if, for example, you are on a visit and do not have a cable at hand, or just do not want to get tangled in wires? There are also several options for this.
How to connect your phone to Smart TV using Wi-Fi Direct:
- In the smartphone menu, select “Wireless networks”. We find the item “Wi-FiDirect”, activate this function.
- We go to the TV menu, select “Network”, also activate “Wi-FiDirect”.
- The TV then finds all devices available for connection. Among them we find our smartphone (the name, which most often coincides with the model of the device, can be found in its settings) and select it.
- Almost immediately, the smartphone asks for permission to connect to the TV. We, of course, approve of it and begin to actively use the established connection.
Some recent devices can find a function such as Wi-Fi Miracast. Built on top of Wi-Fi Direct, it also provides instant pairing capabilities without connecting to your home Wi-Fi network. Naturally, as a technology that appeared later in time, Wi-Fi Miracast has some differences from its predecessor. In particular, the transfer of large files has been improved, the exchange of 3D files is possible, the mode of operation with a smartphone has been modernized with an economical consumption of battery power. The process of creating a connection is the same as when using Wi-Fi Direct, except that you need to select the Wi-Fi Miracast function in the device menu.
By the way, if your smartphone has Wi-Fi Miracast technology, and your Smart TV does not support it, you can purchase a special adapter that will fill this gap for you. The device looks like a large USB flash drive, only instead of a USB connector it has an HDMI interface for connecting to the back of the TV.
Now you know how you can connect your phone to Smart TV. You just have to evaluate your capabilities and study the TV manual to find out what functions it is equipped with.
Connecting via Wi-Fi Direct
This type of connection is suitable for owners of modern TV models that are equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi adapter and Wi-Fi Direct function. This type of connection does not need to be connected to a router. As a rule, Wi-Fi can only be connected to smart Smart TVs. You also need to have Android 4.0 or higher installed on your mobile phone.
To connect your smartphone to your LG TV, follow this simple step-by-step guide:
- Take your smartphone, open the main menu, and then go to the “Settings” section. Go to the subsection “Wireless networks”, and then select “Wi-Fi”. Click on the 3 dots in the upper right and select “Wi-Fi Direct”. If there is no such command, then select “Advanced settings”.
- As a result, an automatic search for networks will be launched for subsequent connection using Wi-Fi Direct technology.
- Take the remote control and open the main menu. Go to the “Network” section. As in the previous case, you need to click on the “Wi-Fi Direct” command.
- This will search for devices available for synchronization. To connect a TV and a smartphone, you just need to select a mobile phone model from the list. A connection confirmation request will be sent to the device, it must be approved.
- After a few seconds, the smartphone and TV are synchronized. The signal from the mobile will be broadcast to the big screen, the sound will also be transmitted.
- there is no need to pull a wire across the room;
- does not require a Wi-Fi router;
- you can reproduce medical content in various formats;
- all connectors and inputs are free, so the phone can be charged;
- implemented the possibility of Internet surfing.
- “Wi-Fi Direct” technology is not implemented on old smartphones and TVs;
- mobile phone battery runs out quickly.
If the cellular is configured to the TV via Wi-Fi, then the user can not only play content, but also open applications. this is a big plus.
What will connect the phone to the TV
First of all, connecting the phone to the TV will significantly expand the functionality of the equipment. The smartphone transforms into a kind of projector, since a signal is transmitted from it, and the image is broadcast on a large screen. Thus, each user will be able to:
- play videos, view photos and open other media content from your phone, and then project it onto a large screen;
- launch video games, instant messengers and all kinds of other applications downloaded from the market;
- surf the Internet, that is, open various websites;
- conduct all kinds of presentations, demonstrations, read literature in electronic format.
Controlling your TV from your phone is a convenient and practical solution. However, if you plan to play games, then it is better to connect a joystick.
If the user connects via Wi-Fi, the image from the phone is transmitted over the air. In all other cases, it is necessary to use special cables, interfaces, which, in fact, will be discussed below.
You can also download an app that turns your smartphone into a remote control. This is very convenient, especially in cases where the old remote control is lost or broken. For LG TVs, it is called LG TV Remote (link in Android Google Play, Apple AppStore).
Via Wi-Fi using Miracast
We are talking about a modern data transmission standard, the essence lies in the use of wireless channels. If the TV supports this interface, then you can broadcast various content to the big screen. You can also play games, run applications.
The main requirement is that the TV and smartphone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network (router).
- Turn on the TV and go to the main menu.
- Open the settings.
- Go to the subsection “Network”.
- Take your smartphone and lower the curtain to start the broadcast.
Not all versions of the Android operating system support this functionality. The name of the function in question may vary depending on the device model, but the essence is always the same. If you cannot find this command, install an application from Google Play, for example, Miracast. WI-FI Display. Launch it and activate the image transfer function.
Immediately after starting the Miracast function, it will automatically search for devices available for connection, select your TV. Then you need to confirm the synchronization using the remote control. This will start transferring the image. If the picture is not displayed in full screen, then just turn the mobile phone over, i.e. it should be horizontal.
This method is considered to be the simplest. It is desirable that the mobile phone or tablet is equipped with a mini HDMI interface, which will provide a direct connection to a TV. However, this is very rare, so most likely the user will have to buy a special adapter.
How to connect a smartphone to LV TV? Follow the step by step algorithm:
- One end of the cable needs to be inserted into the connector located on the back of the TV, and the other into the port on the smartphone. Insert the adapter into the micro USB interface first. Remember the HDMI port number where the cable was inserted.
- Turn on the TV and go to the main menu, and then open the tab to select the signal source (or press the Input button on the remote control). It is necessary to select the HDMI input with the same number into which the cable was inserted in the previous step. Usually he is the only one active and available for selection.
- This will automatically adjust the picture to the screen resolution. That is, this is done so that the image is displayed in full screen.
[LG WebOS TV]. How to Connect Smart Phone with LG Smart TV
When the devices are connected by cable, the cellular desktop will appear on the TV screen. Samsung, Huawei, Lenovo smartphones are connected to the TV using the same algorithm, there are certain differences in the process of setting up the iPhone (requires a Lightning to HDMI adapter).
- you can ensure uninterrupted operation of the cellular by connecting a charger via USB (if there is a direct mini HDMI output);
- the TV will work as a monitor, that is, the image is duplicated.
- not all smartphones support HDMI connection;
- often you have to buy an adapter.
Convenient and simplest way to synchronize your mobile device and TV.
We connect the smartphone to the LG TV via Wi-Fi and not only
There are several ways to connect your mobile phone and TV. Some options transform a smartphone into a real Smart set-top box, while others, on the contrary, only allow you to play media content stored on a cellular device.
If you do not know how to connect mobile phone to LG TV, then this article will be helpful for you. Now let’s get acquainted with the instructions for synchronizing mobile and television equipment. As a result, each user will be able to choose the option that suits him.
If you plan to connect a smartphone to the TV via USB, then remember that the mobile device will be used as a flash drive. This means that the screen will not be duplicated. You cannot play games or run applications. Individual files can be played.
Smartphones Lenovo, Huawei, LG, Samsung are connected using a similar algorithm:
- Take the USB cable, which is included in the basic package of absolutely all mobile devices. Plug one end into the phone jack and the other plug into the port on the back of the TV.
- Open the main menu on the TV and select the signal source. USB input. Sometimes you need to select the input with the same number into which the cable was inserted.
When the devices are bound, an interface opens within which you can move and launch files. In general, the interface is very similar to the explorer of the Windows operating system. Controlled by a remote control.
Some TV models automatically scan connected devices for media files, and also prompt the user to play them.
- universality. absolutely all modern devices are equipped with a USB interface;
- there is no need to purchase additional cables, since the cord is included in the basic package of the mobile;
- during the operation of the device, it will be automatically charged, extending the battery life of the device.
- there is no ability to play content online;
- you cannot play games, use instant messengers and applications;
- Internet surfing is not possible.
If you have memorable photos or videos stored on your phone, then connecting your smartphone to TV via USB is a great opportunity to watch them on the big screen.
As you can see, connecting a mobile phone to a TV device is much easier than it might seem at first. The most affordable options were considered above. Which to choose? It’s up to you to decide.