A headphone column is an option in which, instead of a dynamic head, which is not designed for a decent volume at a great distance from the listener, any modern speaker is used. The headphone space is drastically limited to accommodate the amplifier and power supply battery. In such a column, a piece of the same PVC pipe is used. However, when the column is passive, the process is greatly accelerated. The step-by-step instructions are as follows.
- Disassemble the headphones and remove the heads with membranes from them.
- Insert the speakers in their place. The speaker is chosen as thin and flat as possible.
- Connect the wires that previously supplied RF voltage to the diaphragm heads.
- Secure the speakers with self-tapping screws.
- Close (if possible) mesh inserts.
It is possible to turn headphones into speakers if they were initially large enough. they covered the ears completely. If the speakers do not insert completely, do not close, then use an equivalent replacement, made as follows.
- Remove the membrane heads from the headphones.
- Cut holes in the bottom of the plastic or cardboard glass that are slightly smaller in diameter than the heads themselves.
- Insert and glue membranes.
This option is very easy to manufacture. The disadvantage is that the sound volume is no more than 30 decibels. This sound is comparable to a radio transmitter, it is used in rooms where there is little noise from the outside.
How To Pair Sony XB41 XB31 & XB21 To The Older Sony XB40 XB30 or Sony XB20
Such acoustics are more comic. they are not designed for professional use. Full-fledged speakers need speakers. If it was not possible to insert small-sized speakers instead of headphone membranes, the already familiar cylindrical structure will be suitable as a basis.
- On the back of the headphones, cut a hole for the magnet on the back of the speaker. The hole should be much larger than the magnet itself. only the side supporting structure will remain from the headphone case. The back (outer) wall of the earphone will be cut off completely.
- Use hot glue or Moment-1 to glue the earpiece with the just cut piece of PVC pipe.
- Place the power supply (or lithium-ion battery with float controller) and the amplifier inside the pipe. The result is an active column.
- Similarly, make a base for another headphone, place the speaker in it. The result is a passive speaker. In stereos, only one of the speakers is active.
- Remove the audio cord from the passive speaker, solder a plug with a standard 3.5 mm diameter to it.
- Cut into the active speaker the same connector for connecting the passive one. Connect one of the amplifier’s stereo outputs to it. The second. to the speaker of the active speaker directly.
- Cut one more connector into the active speaker. to connect an external sound source (for example, a smartphone), connect it to the amplifier’s stereo input.
- Connect the power supply to the input for it on the amplifier.
- Check that all parts and assemblies are securely fastened, close both columns with a plug.
If the speakers are powered by a battery, instead of the power supply, connect the battery to the discharge controller, and the controller itself to the amplifier power terminals. Connect the charge controller to the battery by cutting its connector into the round walls of the active column. If you need a wireless connection, purchase and install a Bluetooth audio card in the active speaker.
The simplest floor-standing speaker is a box or box in which one full-range or several narrow-range speakers are located. No crossover is required for one speaker. Two or more. are consistent in the spectrum (sub-band) of audio frequencies. To improve the response to low frequencies, the column has a bass reflex. a channel with a circular cross-section, into which the lowest frequencies are reflected.
In addition to the speakers, crossover filter and bass reflex, the active speaker contains an amplifier and a power supply for it, located in a closed compartment in the rear.
One of the stereo speakers is active (it contains an amplifier, a power supply and an output for another speaker). The second is passive (driven). Instead of a detachable cord, a wireless connection via Bluetooth is organized between the speakers. this allows you to take the speaker to any corner of the room without pulling a wire between it and the second.
Portable speakers, in addition to communication via Bluetooth, are equipped with a device for reading data from flash drives and memory cards, a simple FM receiver with a scanning setting, an LED strip with color music (or a matrix with a creeping line) and a number of other functions. They are often equipped with a carrying handle.
Stages of work on creation
To make a rectangular or cubic column with your own hands, you will need to correctly make a case (box) in which the electronics are located. To make a case, be guided by the drawing.
- Mark and saw the board (can be made of lumber) into prefabricated edges, from which the body is assembled.
- In the front wall for the speakers (and bass reflex, if the design provides for this), drill holes around the circumference. Knock out the fragment to be removed from the board drilled in a circle, process the edges with a file or an angle grinder. Insert the speakers (and a piece of bass reflex tube) to check how flat they will be there.
- Screw the speakers to the front edge by their mounting tabs. Insert a piece of pipe instead of the bass reflex. Seal all gaps with sealant or “Moment-1”.
- Assemble the main part of the box: connect the top, bottom, side and back edges with epoxy glue or corners. In the case of using the corners of the gap, it is recommended to seal it with a sealant or plasticine. Some perform sealing using “Moment-1” or epoxy glue. in the latter case, the column will be “unkillable”.
- Follow steps 1-4 for the second column. It is more convenient and faster to make both cases on the same days.
- When the main body is ready, cut out the seventh piece of the body. the inner wall that separates the power supply and amplifier from the acoustic (sound) compartment. The fact is that the re-reflection of sound from the abundance of sharp edges of details impairs the performance of the speaker at low frequencies. For the case of the second column, a partition is not required. it is passive and does not require a power supply. It is possible that instead of one stereo amplifier, each speaker uses its own mono amplifier. Place a common (powerful) power supply unit in one of the columns or maintain its own (less powerful) power supply for each of them. it’s up to you.
The body has been completed. To mount the electronic component, do the following.
- Attach the amplifier and power supply to the inner divider.
- Connect the power supply and amplifier together. power will be supplied to the amplifier power input.
- Connect a speaker (if there is one) to one of the amplifier outputs. For the second (passive speaker), drill a hole for the audio jack, connect this jack to the second channel of the stereo amplifier.
- Drill a hole for the audio input connector in the rear panel, connect the inserted connector to the amplifier input.
- Cut out the 220-volt power connector in the back wall, mount this connector in it. Connect the network connector to the input of the power supply.
- Insulate all soldered joints with sealant, hot glue, tape or electrical tape.
- If there are several speakers, you will need crossover coils and additional capacitors that form oscillatory circuits with the first. Three-way speakers with a filter clearly distinguish between high, middle and low frequencies for different speakers.
To make a crossover, do the following.
- Saw off a couple of pieces from a plastic pipe of the required diameter. You cannot use a metal-plastic pipe. it will turn the coil into source of an electromagnetic field, in addition, recalculation and additional measurements of the inductance on a special multimeter will be required.
- Cut and grind side edges for spools.
- Sand the pipe pieces at the bonding points. Glue the bobbins of the bobbins using hot melt glue, “Moment-1” or epoxy glue. Wait for the glue to dry and harden.
- Guided by the description of the column layout, wind the required number of turns of enamel wire of the corresponding diameter.
- Mount the coils on the baffle or back of the speaker. They are fixed both with an adhesive and with self-tapping screws with washers (each coil is held in three points behind one of the edges). Central fastening with a self-tapping screw or a bolt with a plastic / metal washer larger than the outer diameter of the pipe is also allowed. Such washers are used to suspend household appliances and cabinets on the walls using through pins.
- Connect the coils to the capacitors. according to the diagram in the description. You should get a full-fledged bandpass filter.
The function of the filter is to highlight the high, middle and low frequencies: the “tweeters”, “satellites” and the speaker-subwoofer work accordingly.
This ensures the sound is natural. The number of filters. for high, middle and low frequencies can be equal to the number of speakers (or the number of speakers in a speaker minus one, depending on the circuit).
What is needed for manufacturing?
In addition to the material from which the case is made, the active speaker needs:
- one broadband, or 2-3 more narrowband speakers;
- ready-made or homemade power supply;
- ready-made or homemade audio power amplifier;
- ordinary wire or cable;
- winding wire;
- plastic pipe of a suitable diameter;
- rosin, solder and soldering flux;
- adhesive sealant;
- epoxy glue or furniture corners.
- side cutters;
- flat and curly screwdrivers (a set of screwdrivers is best suited);
- hacksaw for wood;
- file or chisel;
- hand drill and drill set.
To speed up work, use a power tool: an electric drill, an angle grinder (you need cutting and grinding wheels for wood), a screwdriver and a jigsaw.
The functions of a drill are also performed by a screwdriver turned on at high speeds.
What can be done?
At home, the speaker cabinet is made of almost anything. The following are used:
- a case from a failed car radio;
- a case from a glowing cube in which the backlight has burned out;
- the “egg” column is made of paper rolled in many layers and impregnated with glue (for example, epoxy);
- remnants of laminate or parquet. after the floor has been re-paved;
- Chipboard, MDF material, fiberboard, natural wood;
- for portable speakers, a PVC (or polypropylene) pipe of the largest diameter is suitable. like that used in conducting an interfloor drain channel for bathrooms of the whole house;
- plywood. be careful when sawing it: it easily chips and cracks, bends over time.
Having decided on the supporting material of the case, take care of the rest of the details and consumables.
From the bottle
Any plastic or glass bottle will do. Plastic is safer to cut and drill. For glass, diamond drills and a crown will be required, and the process itself is performed under water for the sake of safety. Do the following.
- Drill a speaker hole in the bottle with a crown.
- Drill the mounting holes for the self-tapping screws. The phase inverter will be either an open neck, or additional holes drilled with a smaller diameter crown for a piece of plastic pipe.
- Pour sealant into the holes, install the speaker with pre-soldered wires. Tighten the screws. You cannot screw them “dry” into the glass. the bottle will crack and fly apart.
Do not use tempered glass bottles. it cannot be processed and will immediately break into small cubic fragments with dull edges.
From the Pringles can
The simplest, but unusual option. aluminum, cardboard, plastic cans and glasses are used as speakers, making slots and inserting a smartphone into them. “advanced”. place a speaker of a suitable diameter in a can of chips or a glass. The principle of any such speaker is based on the fact that the sound, reflected from the walls, gains additional volume. But without an amplifier and a high-quality speaker, you will not get a good and bright, beautiful sound. Making a speaker with a speaker pointing up from a can of Pringles chips is similar to any design that uses a piece of PVC sewer pipe as a body.
How and what to make an acoustic speaker with your own hands?
The built-in low-power amplifier with “beepers” is not enough. Sometimes you want much more from the “smartphone” sound. That’s what amplified speakers are for. And how and from what to make an acoustic column with your own hands?
Wireless connection on Samsung flagship smartphones
Bluetooth 5.0 technology supports the recreation of audio on multiple devices connected to a smartphone at the same time. But still, it is very rare. only in a few Samsung models. Also, she asks for custom optimization from the manufacturer.
Samsung flagship smartphone. The technology works on the following devices. Samsung Galaxy S8, S8, S9, S9, Note 8, Note 9;
Any other phone not included in the above list.
Connect the speakers to your smartphone, but don’t play music yet. If one of them turns off. do not be afraid. The main thing is to establish a connection;
Open the “Settings” application on your smartphone;
Select the Bluetooth item there (depending on the firmware version it may be called “Connections”, and Bluetooth itself is already in the “Connections” section);
Click the icon with three dots in the upper right corner (this button may also be called “Advanced”) and select the Dual audio item;
This mechanism only works on devices with Bluetooth 5.0 and appropriate manufacturer optimizations. This makes it available exclusively on the Samsung smartphones listed above.
over, the signal on one speaker will lag slightly behind the signal on the other. If the devices are placed side by side, one from one, it is noticeable. And if in different rooms, then, based on this, no.
Works exclusively on several Samsung smartphones;
Small signal delay on one of the speakers.
Wireless connectivity on Samsung flagship smartphones
Bluetooth 5.0 technology supports audio playback on multiple devices connected to a smartphone at the same time. However, it is quite rare. only in a few Samsung models. In addition, it requires special optimization from the manufacturer.
Samsung flagship smartphone. The technology works on the following devices. Samsung Galaxy S8, S8, S9, S9, Note 8, Note 9;
Any other phone not included in the above list.
Connect the speakers to your smartphone, but don’t play music yet. If one of them turns off, it’s okay. The main thing is to establish a connection;
Open the “Settings” application on your smartphone;
Select the Bluetooth item there (depending on the firmware version, it may be called “Connections”, and Bluetooth itself is already in the “Connections” section);
Click the icon with three dots in the upper right corner (this button may also be called “Advanced”) and select Dual audio;
This mechanism works exclusively on devices with Bluetooth 5.0 and the corresponding optimization from the manufacturer. Therefore, it is only available on the aforementioned Samsung smartphones.
In addition, the signal on one speaker will lag slightly behind the signal on the other. If the devices are located close to each other, this is noticeable. And if in different rooms. then, accordingly, no.
Jbl Connect app
To work with portable Bluetooth speakers, the company has released the Jbl Connect application, which allows you to:
- update software;
- customize the work of Jbl;
- connect two Djibiel Bluetooth speakers to a stereo pair.
The app supports the following portable speakers:
- Flip 3, 4, 5.
- Pulse 2, 3, 4.
- Charge 3, 4.
- Boombox and Boombox 2.
- Xtreme and Xtreme 2.
You can visually determine whether the application supports the purchased Bluetooth speaker by the presence of a button in the form of an angular infinity icon located next to the power key.
Start the application as follows:
- Download the program for smartphones with Android in Google Play, and for devices with iOS in the App Store.
- Confirm acceptance of the license agreement by checking the box next to “The End User License Agreement” and the privacy statement by adding a check box next to “The Harman Privacy Statement”.
- Give permission to access to locate.
- Turn on the power to the speaker and then press the Bluetooth key.
- On the device, also turning on Bluetooth, establish a connection with an acoustic device.
- After the application recognizes the gadget, a guide for using the program will be displayed in pictures on the smartphone screen.
- Scrolling to the end, on the last page, click on the “Start” button, an image of the connected device should appear.
- Each time you touch it on the screen, the acoustics will make a sound.
In addition to connecting two acoustics, using the program you can:
- turn off the sound that accompanies turning on and off the acoustics;
- give a different name to the gadget in a special field, which will allow it to be identified when connecting several identical models;
- using the microphone built into the speaker, communicate with the voice assistant and receive answers from him in text and sound form;
- control the playback of a musical composition;
- in columns with light effects, select any of the installed ones, and also set the color.
It is advised to first pair the acoustics with each other via Bluetooth, and then connect the device to them. But there is a reliable and correct way.
To synchronize two identical speakers and connect to one phone, do the following:
- In the phone settings, turn on the Bluetooth module.
- They turn on the first acoustics by pressing the Power button and activate wireless communication by pressing the Bluetooth key (the backlight should blink under it).
- In the list of Bluetooth devices on the device, find the name of the audio device to be connected and click on it to connect.
- Start playing the track on this Jbl using the music application on the smartphone.
They turn on the power on the second speaker and press the function button, which looks like:
- for gadgets that support Jbl Connect, like an inverted hourglass;
- Connect. like the same clock, but with the addition of a sign;
- PartyBoost. like a sign of infinity.
Within 30 seconds, synchronization between the speakers will occur, and the music track will start playing on it too.
Published by kachlife on 28.10.
If you own a pair of wireless Bluetooth speakers and can’t figure out how you can connect several Bluetooth speakers on Android at the same time, then you’ve come to the right place. below we will tell you how you can do this. Immediately and honestly: it will not work to implement the task via Bluetooth, since Android devices do not have the function of broadcasting an audio stream to several devices simultaneously: when the speakers are connected in series, the sound will only go to the device that was paired last.
Synchronizing acoustics with iPhone
Apple mobile phones can also be synchronized with portable speakers. The process will take a few minutes.
The connection is made as follows:
- to get started, turn on your musical equipment, and activate the wireless mode;
- now visit the “Settings” section on your mobile phone;
- find the Bluetooth tab and activate it using the slider (slide it to the right);
- a list of devices that can be connected to a smartphone via Bluetooth will open before the user;
- to select your column, find it in the list of devices and click on the name once.
Now you can listen to music not through the built-in speakers, but with the help of additional acoustics.
Note: You can use a USB cable to sync Apple brand gadgets. It is enough to connect the equipment with a cord and turn it on.
Features of the
If earlier mobile phones were a rarity, now multifunctional smartphones are available to everyone due to the rich assortment and affordable prices. One of the must-have features of a mobile phone is a music player. Headphones are used to listen to your favorite tracks, but their power is often not enough.
Both a small portable speaker and a large speaker system can be connected to the cellular device.
To connect the speaker to the phone, you can use one of the following methods.
- Via Bluetooth wireless protocol. This option is more often chosen for modern acoustics models with a special module.
- If the speaker does not have its own source, the connection can be established via the USB and AUX cable.
- If you have your own power supply, you can only use the AUX cable.
Note: The last two options are wired connection methods. As a rule, they are used to connect regular old speakers. Each of the methods has certain advantages and disadvantages. Wireless syncing is very convenient as there is no need to use a cable.
However, wired connection is more reliable and simpler, especially for users with no experience.
Let’s move on to wireless equipment synchronization It should be noted that this option is rapidly gaining popularity among modern users. Due to the lack of wires, the speaker can be positioned at any distance from the mobile phone. The main thing is to maintain the distance at which the wireless signal will be picked up. Despite the apparent complexity, this is a simple and straightforward way to connect equipment.
To perform synchronization via the Bluet protocol, buyers are offered both budget models for an affordable price and expensive premium speakers.oth, the speaker must have a built-in module of the same name. As a rule, these are modern models that are compact in size.
Today, many brands are engaged in their production, which is why the range of portable devices is growing day by day.
The main advantage of such speakers is that they perfectly synchronize with various models of mobile phones, regardless of the brand.
Consider the general scheme for connecting portable speakers to smartphones running on the Android operating system.
- The first step is to turn on the speaker, then activate the wireless module. As a rule, for this, a separate button with a corresponding icon is placed on the body.
- Then you need to go to the smartphone settings. The required section may be called “Parameters”.
- Visit the Bluetooth tab.
- Opposite the function of the same name there will be a special slider, move it to the “Enabled” position.
- Search for wireless devices.
- The smartphone will start searching for gadgets ready to connect.
- In the list that opens, you need to find the name of the columns, then select it by clicking.
- Synchronization will take place after a few seconds.
- Successful completion of the process will be indicated by an indicator light on the column.
- Now you need to check the connection. To do this, it is enough to set the required volume level on the acoustics and start the audio file. If everything is done correctly, the phone will start playing music through the speakers.
Note: Almost all modern models of portable music equipment are equipped with a 3.5 mm port. Thanks to this, they can be connected to smartphones and via the AUX cable. The pairing process is very simple. It is only necessary to connect the gadgets with a cable, insert the plugs into the corresponding connectors.
JBL speaker connection
JBL brand products are very popular in the acoustic equipment market. This is a well-known brand from America, which was highly appreciated by Russian buyers.
There are a number of conditions that must be met to pair wirelessly.
- Both equipment models must be equipped with Bluetooth modules.
- Gadgets should be located at a certain distance from each other.
- The equipment must be put into pairing mode. Otherwise, the phone may simply not see the speaker.
The process of connecting JBL acoustics to a smartphone follows the diagram below.
- Portable acoustics must be included.
- Open the control panel on your mobile phone.
- Start the wireless module.
- After that, activate the device search mode for possible synchronization. In some cases, the search may start automatically.
- After a few seconds, a list of wireless gadgets will appear on the smartphone screen. Select the speakers you want to connect.
- After choosing acoustics, wait for pairing. The technician may require you to enter a special code. You can find it in the operating instructions of the speakers, especially if you are connecting music equipment for the first time or using another smartphone.
Note: after completing the first pairing, further synchronization will be performed automatically. When using equipment from the American manufacturer JBL, two speakers can be connected to one smartphone at the same time. In this case, you can enjoy loud and surround stereo sound.
Let’s consider several ways of wired connection.
How to connect the speaker to the phone?
Modern gadgets are capable of performing many different functions. You won’t surprise anyone with multitasking, and manufacturers continue to delight users with new digital electronics. Do not forget about such a feature of modern devices as synchronization. By connecting several gadgets or connecting additional equipment to the technique, you can expand its capabilities, making the operation process more comfortable.
Synchronization of portable acoustics with a Samsung phone
Let’s consider separately the process of connecting speakers to Samsung Galaxy phones. This model is in great demand among modern buyers.
Pairing is done in a certain way.
- First you need to go to the settings of the wireless module and make sure that the smartphone and acoustic equipment are paired. To do this, you need to run the Bluetooth function on the speaker.
- Click on the column name on the mobile phone screen. This activates the popup.
- Go to the “Parameters” section.
- Change the profile from “phone” to “multimedia”.
- The last point is to click on the words “connect”. Wait for the technician to pair. If the connection is successful, a green checkmark will appear.
Now you can enjoy your favorite music through the speaker.
It is very easy to use additional musical equipment. First of all, you need to read the instructions for use of the column in order to avoid problems when connecting and using.
Equipment management has a number of features.
- After completing the pairing process, turn on the music on your mobile device.
- You can adjust the sound using the equalizer built into the operating system of the phone.
- Play any track and set the speaker to the desired volume. To do this, the speaker has special buttons or an adjusting pivot lever.
- When using modern acoustics, separate keys are provided on the body for controlling audio files. With their help, you can switch tracks without using a smartphone.
- To listen to music, you can run a file from the internal storage or download from the Internet. You can also transfer a track from a computer or any external media to your phone. You need a USB cable to transfer the file.
How to pair with each other?
You can try a completely simple way to connect the speakers to each other. On the case of some JBL acoustics models there is a button in the form of an angular eight.
You need to find it on both speakers and turn it on at the same time so that they “see” each other.
When you manage to connect to one of them, the sound will come from the speakers of two devices at the same time.
And also you can synchronize two JBL speakers and connect them to a smartphone as follows:
- turn on both speakers and activate the Bluetooth module on each;
- if you need to combine 2 identical models, a few seconds later they are automatically synchronized with each other (if the models are different, below will be a description of how to proceed in this case);
- turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone and start searching for devices;
- after the device detects the speaker, you need to connect to it, and the sound will be played on both devices at the same time.
JBL acoustics connection via Bluetooth
Similarly, you can connect from two or more speakers TM JBL. But when it comes to different models, they act like this:
- you need to install the JBL Connect program on your smartphone (download in the market);
- connect one of the speakers to a smartphone;
- turn on Bluetooth on all other speakers;
- select the “Party” mode in the application and connect them together;
- after that they are all synchronized with each other.
Features of the
The modern market is constantly replenished with more and more new models, which can be difficult for a beginner to understand. For example, when there are difficulties with connecting speakers to gadgets or synchronizing them with each other. This is done in different ways, but the simplest of them is using Bluetooth.
If you have two JBL units at your disposal, and you want a deeper sound with increased volume, you can synchronize them. In tandem, portable speakers can rival true professional speakers.
And it will benefit due to its more convenient dimensions. After all, such speakers can be easily transported from place to place.
The connection is carried out according to a simple principle: first, you need to connect the devices to each other and only then. to a smartphone or computer. This task does not require any special skills or technical knowledge.
To connect two JBL speakers, you must first turn them on. At the same time, they should automatically connect to each other via the built-in Bluetooth module.
Then you can run the program on a PC or smartphone and connect to any of the speakers. so the volume and quality will increase 2 times.
The essential point when pairing devices is the coincidence of firmware. If they are incompatible, then the connection of two speakers is unlikely to take place. In this case, it is worth looking for and downloading a suitable application in the market of your OS. On many models, the firmware is updated automatically. But sometimes it is worth contacting an authorized brand service with a problem.
Sony SRS XB21 Bluetooth Speaker. How to connect multiple speakers? (Wireless Party Chain)
The wireless method of connection does not work if, for example, we are talking about connecting Flip 4 and Flip 3. The first gadget supports JBL Connect and connects to many similar Flip 4. The second only connects to Charge 3, Xtreme, Pulse 2 or a similar model Flip 3.
How to connect to the phone?
It’s even easier to do this. The connection process is similar to the example with a computer. Audio speakers are often purchased for use with phones or tablets, as they are easy to carry due to their mobility and small size.
At the same time, the sound quality of such equipment is noticeably ahead of the standard speakers of ordinary smartphones and most models of portable speakers. Simplicity of connection is also an advantage, as no special wires or download of a suitable application are required.
To pair, you will again need to use the Bluetooth module, which is present on almost every phone, even not the most modern and new.
First, you need to place both devices side by side.
Then activate Bluetooth on each. this button is easily recognizable by a specific icon. To understand whether the function has turned on, you must press the button until the indication signal appears. Usually it means a blinking red or green color. If everything worked out, you have to search for devices on your phone. When the name of the column appears, you need to click on it.