All about connecting a TV set-top box to a laptop
The main purpose of TV set-top boxes is to connect to TV sets. However, in some situations, the most appropriate solution would be to connect a TV set-top box to a computer monitor or laptop. It is worth considering in more detail what it is for and how to properly connect.
What is it for?
The advantage of a laptop is that it is more convenient to use it in many cases, including when watching TV. It is a mobile technique that can be transported with ease. The only drawback of the laptop is the small screen on which it is not very convenient to watch TV programs or movies.
It is in this case that the TV box becomes the solution. It is worth noting that recently laptop manufacturers have been releasing many models with a built-in T2 tuner, but they are mostly expensive.
The advantages of using a TV box are obvious. It allows you to:
- Display TV content on the monitor;
- Use a laptop as a recording device;
- Listen to the radio;
- Pauses viewing;
- Control watch time.
How to setup?
First of all, it should be noted that the settings will need to be done for both the laptop and the TV. To begin with, it is worth considering adjusting the operation of a TV device.
After the TV is set up, you can start adjusting the parameters on the laptop. First of all, you can adjust the image quality. This is especially true if HDMI from a laptop displays an image on a TV for the first time. If you don’t adjust the quality, the picture will be blurry.
To configure you need:
- Name the right mouse button on the free space of the desktop;
- Select the “Screen Resolution” section;
- Find the optimal picture quality by changing the parameters.
During the process of changing the resolution, you should observe how much the image quality has improved or deteriorated. In addition, you can choose the option to connect your laptop to your TV:
- Image duplication;
- Expansion of the work area;
- Using a TV screen as a second monitor, where both devices work independently;
- Only the TV screen is on.
There are several options for operating a laptop with a TV set-top box. However, none of the methods is possible without connecting the device to the Internet. Therefore, first you need to provide access to the resource. The first two connection options are based on the use of Internet TV and cable.
- Internet TV. In this case, you will need to ensure the maximum connection speed. To start the broadcast, you need to find the desired channel in the search engine and name it by it.
- Cable instead of antenna. Some providers provide the ability to configure your laptop to watch digital channels. To do this, you need to install the application, log in to the system and connect to your home TV. The advantage of this method is that you can watch TV programs from any device with a screen.
Before setting up the reception of channels, you will need to install a special program that is recorded on the disc that comes with the set-top box.
To operate such a system, it will be necessary to ensure the correct connection Not only to the TV, but also to the laptop. To do this, you need to install special drivers that will allow the computer to connect to the tuner. It is better to restart the PC to save the changes. If all actions are performed correctly, a shortcut for the TV set-top box will appear on the laptop desktop. After that, you should connect the T2 tuner using a USB cable, then the system will determine the program playback algorithm on its own.
Setting up your TV
When the T2 tuner cord is connected to the TV, you must:
- Take a remote control;
- Go to the main menu;
- Switch to HDMI;
- Select a signal source. you can find it in the “External inputs” section or enter it yourself using the “Source” button located on the remote control;
- Prioritize the HDMI connector with the connected cable.
In some cases, setting up devices may not give the expected result. If this problem occurs, it is recommended to press the “WinP” key combination. As soon as the action is completed, a window will open through which he can adjust the picture quality and display parameters on the screen.
Sometimes the suggested recommendations DO NOT help. Black bands appear on the TV screen, or the picture is blurred and distorted. Then the cause of the problem may lie in the operation of the video card.
As an example of optimizing basic settings, we will consider a NIVIDIA graphics card. The user will need:
- Open the drop-down menu with the right mouse button;
- Go to the “NIVIDIA Control Panel” section;
- Select the function “Change in destruction”;
- Select the appropriate display and open the settings;
- Enable the Create Custom Permission command;
- Adjust the picture for a large screen by selecting the optimal settings.
If the laptop is equipped with an ATI graphics processor, the instructions will have several differences due to the different interface design. However, the algorithm of actions will NOT change.
It is automatically enabled on all devices that support HDMI connection. Users only need to make a few simple settings so that the connection of the two devices is successful, and a clear picture and sound appears on the screen.
Usually, it is enough to change just a few parameters of the operating system and you can immediately start working on the hardware. For detailed instructions on connecting computers and laptops to a monitor via HDMI, see our articles on the links below.
Share the article on social networks:. Varieties of HDMI cables
As mentioned earlier, the connection of two devices is made using special cables. They come in a variety of sizes, standards, and only support certain hardware. They also have different connector types and specifications. You can read more about this in our other materials.
The main role of HDMI inputs
The emergence of new digital interfaces such as HDMI contributed to the obsolescence of the previously used popular VGA. They not only transmitted the image at a lower quality, but also distorted it, which often caused difficulties in work. The connection in question has a large bandwidth and supports audio transmission.
In addition to HDMI, several other types of digital data transmission interfaces are popular. DVI and DisplayPort. They all have different connectors and some characteristics, which allows you to use the required connection for different situations. Read more about comparing THESE interfaces in our articles on the links below.
How to enable HDMI on a laptop
The HDMI connection transfers multimedia data in good quality and high speed. The transmission of information is carried out through special cables connected to two or more necessary devices. HDMI is the most popular digital interface and has replaced the old analog one. In this article, we will tell you in detail everything about this type of connection and how to enable it on a laptop.
Causes of HDMI malfunction
Sometimes there are problems in the operation of devices, this may also be due to the connection interface. When using HDMI, two problems are often observed. no picture and no sound. Incorrect device settings, outdated drivers or physical breakdowns are considered to be the main causes of malfunctions. In such cases, it is recommended that you resort to one of several methods for solving auto products problems. about them.
Above, we examined in detail the main function of the HDMI interface, familiarized ourselves with the types of cables, figured out how to enable this connector on a laptop and talked about possible malfunctions. We hope our article was useful and you learned everything you need to know about connecting devices via the HDMI connector.
Bookmark the Lumpics.Ru website and we will still be useful to you.
Thank the author, share the article on social networks.
Did this article help you? articles on this topic:
Good afternoon. Tell me, is it possible to use a laptop only as a monitor? THOSE. Connect the laptop to the receiver (Telecard) via HDMI cable, and receive the signal from the receiver to the laptop (as a TV). Or laptops only work on HDMI “Output” ?
Hello, Alexander. It all depends on the laptop model used. Tell me yours, I will give you the exact answer to the question posed.
My Aser laptop
Alexander, to determine the characteristics you need an exact model of your laptop. The article on the link below tells how to find it out on the example of laptops from ASUS. You can do exactly the same actions.
Hello laptop model Aspire 3
How to connect PS4 to it ?
I have an urgent question Not only to you personally, but to information sites in general.
I am a user who wants to know the answer to 1 single question, how can I connect the PlayStation 4 via HDMI to my laptop, I go to your site and start reading stories about what HDMI is, why is it needed, and when it was Invented, and they throw me 5 more articles to enjoy reading very interesting and copied from Wikipedia, and here I sit, the chair is already on fire and I turn over 2 pages to get to the cherished words (to find out, read our one more article), and I think. wow, how cool, wow, so cool guys came up with, to a simple question of what to do, you answer with such useless articles that it is annoying, you would have 10 times more clients, article views, etc. If you just wrote 3 points in the center in black and bold type (or more, less, does not play a role, this is according to the situation), how to do it.
Dear Anonymous, instead of writing canvases with unreasonable criticism and accusations of copy-paste, you would normally use the search (like Google or Yandex, and the search specifically on our website, which was the direct case here of the comment input field), correctly formulating your request. Here is an article for you on a topic of interest, not thanks. the link below. And it was written by the author himself, and not stolen from. Wikipedia, which, if anything, in theory, not work. So, hopefully, your chair will cool down as soon as you successfully follow the link (it is a couple of terms below) and just read the article. Well, and less negative, please, because users who come to the site actually read articles on topics of interest to them, ask questions, if any, and do not resent the articles, and not related to their problem.
I have such a question. I reviewed a bunch of information and videos anywhere I can not understand. I have a laptop. It already has an HDMI input. I connect via HDMI, PlayStation 4. The question is how to enable this HDMI. In the sense of which button to press or what to do? For example, on a TV. I turned it on. I selected the HDMI 3 port in the menu and you play. And how to do this in a laptop? Tell me please
Hello Dmitry. If you connect a laptop to the PlayStation 4, the screen should automatically switch, or a separate function key on the laptop, for example, Fn F4, is responsible for this. In addition, to connect to the PlayStation 4, you must have HDMI-In installed. Read more about this in our other material on this topic.
Hey. I have a Samsung laptop and instead of the HDMI connector there is just some kind of rubber plug. I can’t take it off, how to do it?
Hello Anatoly. If your laptop model has a plug instead of the HDMI connector, then it does not support connection through this interface and you do not need to try to pull it out. The fact is that such plugs were previously installed in the younger models of laptops of the same series, which were NOT designed to work via HDMI. If you want to display the image on the monitor, then you should use a special VGA to HDMI adapter, since the laptop used must definitely have VGA on board. It is desirable that it be an active converter with additional power, it is connected via USB. In addition, pay attention when buying that it was VGA to HDMI, and not vice versa.
Connecting the receiver to Soviet TVs
In our country, many people still use televisions, which were produced in the Soviet years or in the early 90s. It is not so easy to connect a receiver to such devices. they have connectors of the “tulip” type. In addition, some models have scart outputs, but they only accept component signals.
There are two ways to solve these problems:
There are even more ancient models of TVs of the “Electron” type in which there are no inputs at all, except for the antenna connector. A modulated high-frequency signal is fed to the TV through this connector, so in order to watch digital TV on a device of this type, you will need to additionally purchase a modulator, which will be equipped with RCA connectors.
Your network »how to connect a TV set-top box to a laptop via HDMI
To connect a TV set-top box to a laptop, you will need additional equipment: the best option would be to purchase a TV tuner with the function of capturing streaming video
(True, the price of such equipment is quite substantial). If you want to get by with “little blood”, then the adapter “Video Capture USB”.
In the first case, you will have to part with the amount in the region of 2 / 2.5 thousand rubles, while the second option will require an amount of no more than 500-600 rubles.
But whatever you choose, the picture quality may upset you. at the level of the old analog signal. It does NOT ripple, of course, but since the video is streaming, it is quite difficult to achieve clarity.
If there is a TV set-top box, but there is no TV (or monitor), it is better, in principle, to leave the idea of connecting the set-top box to a laptop, and to realize your desires using the IPTV technology. No additional investment is required: you only need access to the Internet and a streaming video player, which can be found on the Internet.
Signal quality check
To make sure you did everything correctly and everything works well, you should check the signal reception quality. This is not difficult to do. The receiver must have a button named INFO. I pressed it three times, a window with information about the signal quality, channel number, frequency and encoding will appear on the screen. If the two existing indicators are above 60%, then everything is fine and the signal level is quite acceptable.
Perhaps, in your model of TV set-top box This button will be called something else. To find out what this button is called by you, look at the instructions and read the purpose of the buttons.
If your TV is picking up multiple multiplexes, be sure to check the signal quality on each one. This is due to the fact that each of them is transmitted and received using different transmitters, so it is very possible that in one multiplex the signal will be good, and in the second there is.
Your setevichok “is it possible to connect a digital set-top box to a laptop
It is possible to connect a digital set-top box to a laptop (and it is not difficult to do it), but the question is: is it worth.
To do only with a prefix and, in fact, the laptop will not work, since the laptop is equipped with a video output, and not an input.
Therefore, you have to spend money on additional equipment: “Video Capture USB”
Or TV tuner for video capture.
But it is worth canceling that the image quality will be much lower than can be obtained from the TV (at the analog signal level).
According to the first option. “Video Capture USB”, Chinese craftsmen ask no more than 500 rubles. The TV tuner, respectively, is several times more expensive: for a decent option, the price tag is not less than 2000 rubles.
Setting up equipment means connecting a device, installing a streaming video player (for example, “VLC media player”) and, accordingly, launching.
If you have an Internet connection, it is better to give up this idea, just install a video player and “IPTV”, and enjoy unlimited viewing of channels from a laptop in good quality and without unnecessary “troubles”.
What is needed for this
To connect digital TV you need:
- TV set;
- Prefix (receiver)
In this case, your TV must have an input, which can be used to insert an antenna, a “tulip” connector, as well as an input with a video output (scart). If you have an HDMI input together with the scart connector, this is not worth worrying about. It is also suitable for connecting a receiver. It’s just that your model is newer.
Before buying a receiver, you should figure out which one is better and find out which parameters you should pay attention to in order to choose the most optimal model. If you do not understand much in technology, and you don’t want to spend your free time studying all THESE nuances, you can contact a company that provides television broadcasting services in your city and get advice from their specialists. In addition, you can take advantage of promotional offers from the service provider. Often, if you connect to their services, you can get a receiver as a gift.
The receiver, in fact, is an adapter, which allows you to perceive and transmit a signal to your device. He can receive it through the following sources:
- Satellite dish;
- Through the Internet;
- Using other sources.
How to connect a digital set-top box to a laptop. Setting up and connecting a digital TV set-top box
The modern world can no longer be imagined without digital TV. Such signal transmission has been used for quite a long time for broadcasting TV and radio channels in many countries of Europe, America and Asia. The same process of transition from analog TV to digital was delayed.
The digital signal through the antenna of the receiver allows you to watch more TV channels throughout the country without loss of quality and interference. In this case, the signal itself can go both to the antenna, which is attached to the set-top box, and directly to the TV. It all depends on how modern the model of this device you have.
With devices that support DVB-T2, everything is simple. In order to connect to digital TV, just insert the cable into the corresponding connector and perform a simple channel setup. If your TV is outdated and does not support reception of this type of signal, then in order to watch digital channels, you should purchase a special set-top box. It is inexpensive, but some people may have problems with connecting and configuring it, so today we will talk about how to do it.
Setting up the receiver
In order to tune digital channels on the TV, after connecting the set-top box to it, you will need to do the following:
- Press the “Menu” button on the remote control.
- In the window that opens, go to the settings menu.
- You need to select Russia as the country, if it is not by default.
- Now you need to select the signal standard. The default is DTV-T / DTV-T2, that is, analog and digital TV, respectively. If you leave it like this, the TV will search for both those and these channels.
- You will be prompted for automatic or manual configuration. Select automatic and press the “OK” button on the remote control.
- Now you need to wait for a while until all available free and pay TV channels are found. Upon completion of the search, click “Save”.
This is one of the easiest ways to set up digital TV in your home. If the TV found few channels or did not find them at all, then you should use the manual setting.
To do this, you need to delete all the channels that were found for this. After the channels are deleted, you should repeat the same steps as for automatic search, but instead of auto-tuning select manual search. You will see a window in which you should set the frequency on which digital channels are broadcast in your city. You can find out this frequency on the Internet or by contacting your service provider. It may also be necessary to change the search range in order for the search to start.
After the TV channels of the first multiplex are found, you will need to find out the frequency for the second multiplex in your city and will start a manual search again. Thanks to this, you can watch more channels.
How to connect a hard drive to a computer or laptop
Connecting a hard drive to a laptop or computer is not too difficult a task, however, those who have NEVER encountered it may not know how to do it. In this article I will try to consider all possible options for connecting a hard drive. both mounting inside a laptop or computer, and options for external connection in order to rewrite the necessary files.
What and where to connect
For the hard drive to work on a computer, in almost all cases, you need to do only two things (all this is done with the computer turned off, with the cover removed). connect it to the power supply and the SATA or IDE data bus. What and where to connect is shown in the picture below.
Connecting an IDE hard drive
Connecting a SATA hard drive
- Pay attention to the wires from the power supply, find the one suitable for the hard drive and connect. In case it does NOT appear, there are IDE / SATA power adapters. If the hard disk has two types of power connectors, it is enough to connect one of them.
- Connect the motherboard to the hard drive using a SATA or IDE cable (if you need to connect an old hard drive to your computer, an adapter may be needed). If this hard drive is the second hard drive on your computer, then most likely you will have to purchase a cable. One end it connects to the corresponding connector on the motherboard (for example, SATA 2), the other to the hard drive connector. If you want to connect a hard drive from a laptop to a desktop PC, this is done in the same way, despite the difference in size. everything will work.
- It is recommended to fix the hard disk in the computer, especially if you are going to use it for a long time. But, even in the case when you just need to overwrite files, do not leave it in a hanging position, allowing it to move during operation. when the hard disk is working, vibration is generated, which can lead to “falling out” of connecting wires and damage to the HDD.
If there were two hard drives connected to the computer, then you may need to go into the BIOS in order to configure the boot sequence so that the operating system boots in the same way as before.
Determining the type of hard drive
First of all, take a look at the hard drive you want to connect. And determine its type. SATA or IDE. The type of hard drive can be easily seen from the power pins and the motherboard interface.
IDE (left) and SATA hard drives (right)
Most modern computers (and also laptops) use the SATA interface. If you have an old HDD for which the IDE bus is used, then some problems may arise. such a bus may not be present on your motherboard. Nevertheless, the problem can be solved. it is enough to purchase an adapter from IDE to SATA.
Connecting to a computer (inside the system unit)
The most frequently asked question is how to connect a hard drive to the computer’s system unit. As a rule, such a task may arise before someone who has decided to independently assemble a computer, replace a hard drive, or, if some important data needs to be copied to the main hard drive of the computer. The steps for such a connection are quite simple.
How to connect a hard drive to a laptop
First of all, I want to note that if you do not know how to connect a hard drive to a laptop, then I would recommend contacting the Appropriate wizard for this, for whom computer repair is a job. This is especially true of all sorts of ultrabooks and Apple MacBook laptops. Also, you can connect the hard drive to the laptop as an external HDD, which will be described below.
However, in some cases, connecting a hard drive to a laptop for replacement is NOT difficult. As a rule, on such laptops, from the bottom side, you will notice one or two or three “caps” screwed on with screws. Under one of them is the hard drive. If you have just such a laptop, feel free to remove the old hard drive and install a new one, this is done elementary for standard 2.5-inch hard drives with a SATA interface.
Connect the hard drive as an external drive
The easiest way to connect is to connect your hard drive to your computer or laptop as an external drive. This is done using the appropriate adapters, adapters, external cases for HDD.
The meaning of the work of all THESE accessories is approximately the same. the necessary voltage is supplied through the adapter to the hard drive, and the connection to the computer is via a USB interface. This procedure does not represent anything complicated and it works similarly to ordinary flash drives. The only thing is that in the case of using the hard disk as an external one, be sure to use safe removal of the device and in no case turn off the power during its operation. with a high degree of probability, this can lead to damage to the hard disk.
Types of TV tuners for PC
There are a lot of them, therefore, in order not to get confused, the classification of receivers is presented in the table.
Possible conflict with other modules in PCI-E due to interference;
Why do you need a computer TV tuner. its functions and capabilities
The main task of a TV tuner (receiver) is to perceive the signal through the channel and transform it for display on the screen, in this case, a computer. This option can be expanded thanks to the receiver model:
- Teletext. interactive program guide;
- Recording programs manually or using a scheduler;
- Working with surround sound.
Such devices have several advantages:
- Mobility. connects to any PC, display or laptop;
- Universal reception. can be paired with terrestrial, digital and satellite TV.
Since Russia switched to a digital TV broadcasting format, such receivers have become quite popular.
Is it possible to connect a set-top box via HDMI
In general, yes, if the set-top box and the computer have an HDMI port. If the port is available only in the PC, and the TV-set-top box has such a port, then it makes no sense to “cheat” with adapters such as VGA-GDMI. How to connect a digital TV box to a laptop via HDMI? Start from the general algorithm, with connecting a TV tuner.
Connecting an external TV tuner to a computer with a USB port is done as follows:
- Connect your device to the USB port of your computer.
- To the tuner input Connect the antenna (the one that comes with it or another, more powerful).
- When a new PC is detected, the drivers and applications are rolled up according to the system requirement (usually they come with the device, or you can download them from the developer’s official website).
- When the installation of all the necessary software for working with DVB T or DVB C is over, restart the computer.
- Then open the program that you installed for viewing channels and activate auto-scanning of all frequencies. Save found channels.
- To switch channels, adjust the volume, make settings, you can use the remote control, pointing it at the receiver (if IR supports) or use the buttons inside the application.
A selection of TOP 3 best digital set-top boxes for your computer
A digital set-top box for television on a computer has various forms of factors, but TV tuners in the form of flash drives with a USB connection are still popular. For instance:
- Openboxt2 USB-T2 / C. Windows-only device has stable operation even with weak signal reception. With it, you can record programs to watch them later. Output resolution of 4: 3 and 16: 9 channels.
- Mygigat230c-gadget can record digital terrestrial and cable TV on PCs and laptops under Windows, Linux. It can be connected to TVBox and portable Android accessories to increase their capabilities. You can buy for 1800 rubles.
- Espadaubsdvb-T2. Allows you to watch HD channels on all Windows operating systems, starting from Windows 2000. It knows how to write on a timer and after switching on, there is a viewing mode “in the future”, good software with fine settings and an intuitive interface.
Connect your digital TV box to your computer
Technical solutions allow you to watch TV channels Not only on TV. The younger generation may have a computer and a laptop in the house, but not always a TV. To watch TV on a computer, you can do this in various ways. But the most stable in terms of smoothness and picture quality, in the presence of a TV cable from the provider, is a digital TV set-top box to a computer.
How to connect an external TV tuner to a computer
The algorithm for connecting digital set-top boxes to a PC is the same, with slight differences for a certain type of device.
It is quite easy to connect a computer to digital television, the main thing is only to choose the right receiver. There are many models, but most often they use a receiver in a popular form factor that is shaped like a flash drive and is interfaced with a PC via a USB port.
Ways to connect DVD player to computer
DVD-player nowadays can be called practically the most universal source, which can play most formats of audio and video recordings. From this article, you can learn how to connect a DVD player to your computer, what you may need for this, and what mistakes you should avoid.
Step-by-step connection instructions
If a person wants to connect a DVD player to a computer, you should understand that you have to tinker. You can find more than one connection method on the Internet, but depending on the device, many of them may NOT work, and below there will be examples of why such connections should not be used.
Before connecting, make sure that, in addition to a computer and a player, you have:
- PATA-USB adapter.
- TV tuner or video capture card (you need to understand that this equipment costs a lot, and its purchase should not be in vain).
- If you want to connect a DVD-player, which is part of a home theater, it is worth checking if there is a five-channel input on the computer’s motherboard.
For the process of connecting the device to be successful, users must make the following settings:
- Format the hard drive in the FAT-32 file system. Audio and video recordings that you want to view on a DVD player should be burned to the same disc (this is done so that the hard drive can be like a regular flash drive that stores information).
- After the connection between PC and DVD-player is correctly established, go to the path “Control Panel”. “Hardware and Sound”. “Sound”, where in the parameters you must specify the number of speakers (usually at least 5). Adjustments are made to adjust the sound reproduction to suit the new environment.
- Format your hard drive.
- Tuner or video capture card Connect through the appropriate connectors.
- To connect the DVD-player speaker system to the computer’s audio card, take a cable and connect the inputs and outputs (to the first “mini-jack” and “tulip” to the second).
- Let’s make sound playback settings.
- Plug the DVD player into the network and specify the desired audio output channel in its settings. While watching video / listening to audio recordings, you can use the equalizer value editor using the settings of the computer’s sound card or use the player’s menu for this.
You can also connect via an HDMI cable or a 5-channel connection (if available on your computer) using the same procedure, but with a different cable.
Above were the instructions for connecting a DVD player to a computer running Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, and connecting a DVD player to an operating system such as Windows Vista has its own peculiarities. The main difference lies in the fact that the computer on which this operating system is installed can act as a flash drive (data storage). In this case, it is completely unnecessary to format the disk, although there are few examples of such a connection due to the low prevalence of the operating system.
The following video shows you how to properly connect your DVD player to your computer.
Types of connectors for connection
To get the best picture and avoid significant signal loss during transmission, it is worth thinking about the best way to connect your DVD player to your computer. To do this, consider the types of cables, their positive and negative sides:
- Component cable.
Also called color difference. Its essence lies in the content of three independent coaxial cables, through which all components of the video signal are transmitted.
At the ends of the cable, the connector is usually RCA. On the player, the cable outputs will be blue, green and red, located side by side. The picture with this type of connection becomes clearer, more stable, with much better and more accurate color reproduction. Even better, the changes are noticeable when using high-quality players and screens with a wide diagonal (over 29 inches).
- RGB cable.
The same type of connection provides separate transmission of the three primary colors and the sync signal (hence the more accurate name RGBS. red, green, blue, sync). Information is transmitted using 3-4 SEPARATE coaxial cables (if 3 cables are used. transmission of green color and sync signal goes together), containing RCA / RGBS connectors at the ends, or transmission goes through universal Scart.
RGBHV can be considered a separate type of this connection, in which 5 SEPARATE cables will be used (3 transmit the primary colors, the fourth. vertical, and the fifth. horizontal sync). This eliminates the possibility of using Scart.
In addition to 5 SEPARATE RCA or BNC coaxial cables, one VGA cable can be used. A cable can also be used, which has 5 BNC connections on one side, and one VGA on the other.
- HDMI cable.
Presented by a high definition multimedia interface. With the help of this type of transmission, video signal is transmitted in digital format, multichannel soundtrack. in digital form, as well as AV equipment control signals. In addition, the device is equipped with a user electronic control system that facilitates the solution of minor equipment problems. The benefits of this feature are best seen when using the remote control. eliminating the need for an infrared repeater for all devices.
HDMI is capable of supporting any screen format within the maximum bandwidth of the interface. Video signal of 1080 lines using this type of connection can be transmitted at frequencies of 24, 25, 40, 50 and 60 Hz.
The owner of HDMI-connection and corresponding devices can also take advantage of additional settings, which can provide high quality video and sound. The user can change the following image parameters: color space, aspect ratio of the screen, encoding method and many others.
The connector for the format is separate. 19-pin, small in size, which makes the connection especially convenient when using portable devices (connect the DVD player NOT to a stationary computer, but to a laptop).
Nowadays, HDMI cable is the guarantor of the best sound and picture quality among other connecting cables. In second place are the component and RGBS connections, the choice between which in our case tends to the second option, since the first, most likely, will NOT be available when connected to a personal computer.
Possible difficulties and errors
The most common mistakes people make when trying to connect a DVD player to a computer are:
- Using a regular USB cable. As soon as an inexperienced user sees that the player has the specified connector, he immediately tries to connect through it. It should be understood that even though these connectors look the same, they exist for completely different functions (only firmware is installed on the player through this connector, on the computer this input has wider functionality and is used mainly for reading files from portable media).
The saddest possible consequence is device malfunction. The bottom line is that the computer and the player, being the “master”, will not be able to determine which of them should be the “slave” (device conflict).
- Using the second connections without purchasing a tuner or video capture card. At best, the connection will simply not be established. In the worst case (especially if the hard disk settings have not been performed). malfunctioning devices.
- The operating system may require initialization of the disk (player) when connected. If you have NOT made the settings yet, then Confirm this action of the computer is strictly prohibited. The Internet contains many examples of how, after actions of this nature, a DVD player ceases to recognize almost any data, which makes it useless.
If you would like to connect a DVD player to your computer and expect multiple connections (as an experiment), then feel free to buy additional equipment and follow the instructions. The main thing is to follow all the rules and order of work, without innovative ideas.