DLNA setup on laptop
To do this, you will need to download and install a special program “Home Media Server” on your computer. It is recommended to download the utility installation file from the official website. Next, you need to do the following:
- Launch the application and go to settings via the top panel.
- The media resources window will open. In the field you need to add the folders and files that you want to view. This can be done by clicking on the “Add” button.
- Check the box “Local drives” and all their contents will be available on the big screen.
- To specify a separate folder, for example, with a series or music, you need to name the “Add” button and mark the necessary.
- For the changes to take effect, they must be named “OK”. A window will appear to confirm the scanning of files, you need to answer yes.
- Wait until the end of the process. Immediately after that, on the top panel, it will start the server using a special button. A message will appear immediately stating that this action is complete.
- After all the settings and selecting folders for access, you need to turn on the TV. It is necessary that it be found by the program. To do this, go to the section of playback devices and update. After a while, the TV icon will be displayed in the found.
- The column of the main application window displays all the files that were previously selected. You can play them on the TV screen directly from the program. To do this, you need to select an audio or file and name it with the right mouse button. Select the “Play to” item and specify the device.
If you need to protect some files from strangers or a child, then the parental control function will help. To do this, you need to select a folder and name it by the “Change” button. A control window will open in which you can hide certain content in this particular folder. To do this, set the color to red.
It is important to save the settings after each change. Before establishing communication between devices, the server must be running.
2 ways to connect laptop to TV wirelessly
Everyone now has smart gadgets, and the TV belongs to them. The user may NOT suspect that his TV can be connected to the computer and not using a cable. But you need to figure out in detail how to connect a laptop to a TV wirelessly for different purposes.
There are two ways to connect your computer to your TV, rather than using additional equipment. Both are SIMple, so anyone can do it.
- Wireless DLNA
- Establishing a communication bridge between devices
- DLNA setup on laptop
- Start File Viewer
- Connecting laptop to TV
Establishing a communication bridge between devices
Connecting a computer to a TV wirelessly takes place in several stages. It is required that the TV and laptop are connected to a wireless network. If everything is clear with the computer, then on TV you need to do the following:
- Go to the TV settings. This can be done by pressing a special button on the control panel.
- After that, use the control keys to go to the “Network” tab.
- Click on the line of network connection and configure.
- The device searches for available wireless networks. It is required to select the one to which the laptop is connected.
- Will be named for the required period. You need to enter a password to connect. It is important to do this carefully, since the characters are entered from the remote control and will easily instruct something.
- If you do everything correctly, the device will quickly connect to the network and a message about this will appear on the screen.
It is also advisable to check that the Internet is working correctly. To do this, you can go to Smart TV and open a browser. Site pages should open at the usual speed. It is also recommended to check the internet speed on the TV.
See the following in media server setup:
The easiest and most popular way to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi (wirelessly) is using DLNA technology. It is a SIMple set of standards that allow interoperable devices to exchange files (audio and photo).
This standard does not work with Apple and BridgeCo gadgets. They have their own technology.
The technology allows you to exchange files over a local network. That is, when setting up on the TV, it will be possible to preview in advance Allowed files that are on the PC.
With this method, you will not be able to watch movies online from your laptop and you will have to download them in advance. If this is the main goal in connection, then it is recommended to go directly to the second method.
This is a special technology that allows you to connect your computer to a TV or other devices wirelessly. The main thing is that both gadgets support this function. This technology is only found in second generation Intel processors and older. But even its presence does NOT guarantee that everything will work out.
The fact is that Windows support this function in different ways, which is why it is recommended to check in advance. To do this, you need to do the following:
- Go to the settings on the TV. Go to a section related to the network or the Internet. If the list contains the Miracast line, then the device supports the technology, otherwise it will not work to connect to the laptop.
- On the laptop, you need to open the parameters. From the menu on the left side of the screen, go to the section for projection to a computer. You can SIMply search for the word Miracast and it will open what you need. If the PC does not support this technology, there will be a red message, its absence indicates that the function is present.
If one or two devices lack support for this technology, then it is quite possible to purchase a Miracast receiver.
Start File Viewer
If all the steps in the previous steps are performed correctly, the computer files will be displayed on the TV monitor. To start viewing files from the big screen, you need to do the following:
- In a laptop, open a special program that was installed earlier, it will start the server. All files and folders for access must already be added in it.
- On the TV, you need to go to the application that is responsible for communicating with the server.
- A directory appears on the left side of the window. You need to go to the very bottom tab, where all connected gadgets are displayed. A window will open in which you need to select a DLNA server.
- After that you need to go to the “My Computer” folder. All files from the laptop will be displayed there.
- To start or audio, you need to select the desired file and play.
Thus, the laptop is connected to the TV without a cable. The method is not very convenient if the TV has a browser. From it you can watch TV shows without connecting to a laptop.
You can also see the instructions for connecting a Samsung TV to a laptop via WiDi:
Connecting laptop to TV
After verification, you can proceed to direct connection. To connect your laptop to TV wirelessly, you need:
- Turn on the TV and go to settings.
- Next, go to the section responsible for connecting to wireless networks and the Internet.
- Here you need to launch the Miracast technology, for this you just need to select the term and press “OK” on the TV remote control.
- Wait for the system message that TV is visible for second devices.
- You need to turn on the computer and connect to the network that the TV created.
- To do this, go to the parameters. You can go directly through the control panel or find the one you need in the search.
- Go to the section of connected devices and add a new one. The system will automatically start searching for all available gadgets to connect.
- When the computer displays a list of found gadgets, they will be called on TV. After that, synchronization will begin and at the end of it, the laptop’s desktop will immediately appear on the TV screen and all its contents will become available.
This method is the most convenient, since there is a need to pre-download the content for display on the TV. Miracast technology, as it were, projects the computer desktop onto the TV screen, as well as all actions, in particular sound, etc.
The following describes 2 more ways to connect a TV to a laptop:
We have described the SIMplest solutions on the topic of the article. If you have questions, or need help connecting devices, be sure to ask them in the comments! Always happy to help!
What you need to connect a laptop to TV via Wi-Fi
Many people ask the question: how to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi? The main condition for the possibility of such a connection is the presence in the TV itself of Smart TV technology and a Wi-Fi module with support for Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA functions. The first allows you to connect a laptop to a TV directly, without using a home network and a router. However, laptops can connect to all TVs (especially older models) in this way. The second technology. DLNA, makes it possible to go from the TV itself to the network storage (for example, a folder on the hard drive of a PC connected to a home network) and start playing multimedia content from it. viewing a photo or. You can also launch the media server from the laptop itself from the broadcast to the TV.
The difference between these two connection methods is quite significant and below we will tell you what is the difference and how to organize such connections and how to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi.
Connecting to a TV via Wi-Fi Direct
This feature works well on modern TVs from the 5th generation, where manufacturers have already implemented unified wireless direct drivers. This is so N. Connecting a second wireless monitor, where the TV acts as an external display device for everything that happens on the screen of your mobile device, such as a laptop or smartphone.
In the first case, you need to have Windows 7, 8 or 10. A home network is NOT required for this connection, and authentication and connection is carried out through a connection request on the TV screen itself.
Such a connection is convenient because you can see on the big screen everything that is done on the screen of your PC or laptop, including working in the browser, viewing photos, etc. And also the process of the game. The only drawback here is a slight delay in displaying content on TV and slightly fewer colors than on a PC display.
How to connect laptop to TV via Wi-Fi? Wi-Fi Direct connection is quite SIMple. To do this, turn on your TV and laptop. Wi-Fi adapters must be activated on both devices.
Now on your Windows 10 laptop go to Start | parameters | system | Display ”and on the right side under“ Multiple displays ”click on“ Connect to a wireless display ”. A vertical shutter with the “connect” menu and a list of detected devices will appear on the right side. In our case, this is Samsung 6 series (49). Click on the selected model, then on the TV itself, agree to the connection request. It should be noted that the connection may not occur from the first or even from the second attempt, because K. The computer needs time to transmit the TV signal encryption keys. But after the TV is connected to the laptop via Wi-Fi, you can stream even from another room.
In order to turn off the transmission of the wireless signal to the TV, again click on “Connect to wireless display” and in the right menu curtain click on the “Disconnect” button.
Connecting to TV via DLNA
This type of connection consists in the fact that on a computer or laptop that is part of the home network, access to certain folders is organized where you are placing multimedia files. photos and. Only your TV can play them with its built-in player. A prerequisite for this is that the TV supports DLNA technology. a set of standards that allow devices connected to a home network to transmit and perceive various media content.
This can be done both from an Android smartphone and tablet, as well as from a TV (playback functions only). The question also arises of how to synchronize a laptop with a TV via Wi-Fi. In general, everything happens automatically.
The main task is to organize a shared folder on a laptop. To do this, you need to make it available to other devices on your home network, and also assign permanent IP addresses in the router for gadgets connected to the network. This is necessary so that the TV does NOT have to Scan the network every time to find this folder.
To do this, create a shared folder named in English on the laptop’s hard drive, for example, MediaTV. Go to the “Access” tab in its properties. Next, click “Advanced Settings”, put a tick next to the phrase “Share.” and Confirm the action by clicking “OK”.
If your TV with Smart TV is an old model and its system does not allow you to connect to devices on Windows OS, namely, the TV SIMply does not see the shared folder with files, there is another option to organize the broadcast of media content on its screen. But first you need to make sure that your TV is visible on your home network.
To do this, click on the “Network” icon in the Explorer on the left. After that, the devices available on the network will be displayed in the right pane. Now select an MP4 file in any folder, right-click on it and select “Transfer to device” in the context menu, in our case to Samsung.
This will launch the Windows media server, which will display a list of files transferred to the TV. Don’t miss the request on the TV itself to play a file from an external source.
How to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi
Connecting a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi without wires is a cherished dream of all online movie theater lovers and gamers. We will tell you how to do it quickly and without complicated settings.
Oddly enough, but not many people know that you can connect a laptop to a TV without wires in just a couple of mouse clicks. This will allow you to sit on the couch broadcasting photos taken on vacation or a movie on the big screen. You can also play your favorite games using not a small laptop display, but display a picture on a device with a huge diagonal. However, in the latter case, it is worth considering that the picture will be broadcast to the TV with a slight delay. You won’t notice this when watching movies and photos. Below we will give step-by-step instructions on how to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi.
Connecting using Wi-Fi adapters
If you failed to connect the laptop to the TV via Wi-Fi, but this method remains preferable for you, as compared with the HDMI connection, you can try to connect the laptop to the TV using an intermediary. a TV set-top box on Android or a Wi-Fi dongle. for example Google Chromecast. In this case, you just need to connect to the Wi-Fi network organized by this adapter and broadcast the signal to it.
However, such an extravagant solution will be justified if cable connection is almost impossible, such as for a projector suspended from the ceiling. It is much cheaper and more reliable to use an HDMI connection and connect the laptop to the TV through the Corresponding cable.
How to connect a computer to a TV
There are two options for connecting your computer to your TV:
1. Duplicate image. the TV will display the same as the monitor. The easiest way.
2. Viewing photos and. only photos and images will be displayed on the TV. Which is stored on the computer. Quite a complex method, requires knowledge in the field of network configuration and file sharing.
Duplicating the monitor image
This article describes only the most common connection methods. If they do not suit you or you are experiencing difficulties with connection, it is better to contact a specialist. For Samsung technical advice, contact Support.
The SIMplest and most modern way, high quality sound is also transmitted.
Computer and TV Must have HDMI connectors.
Requires HDMI cable for connection.
The cable is inserted into the TV and computer connectors.
Some laptops and computers use a Micro HDMI connector.
To connect such a computer or laptop to a TV, either a Micro HDMI to HDMI adapter is required
Or Micro HDMI cable. HDMI
After connecting the cable on the TV, you need to select the HDMI source (on Samsung TV, use the “Source” button on the remote).
By default, the screen will be duplicated. If you want the image to be different on the monitor and TV, adjust this parameter in the operating system.
Method for old technology that does not have an HDMI connector. Only medium or low quality is transmitted to the TV. When connected this way, you may have to turn off your monitor (if your computer has only one VGA connector).
Computer and TV Must have VGA connectors. Usually the connector is blue, but it can also be black.
VGA cable required for connection.
The cable is inserted into the connectors of the TV and computer.
Some TVs have a VGA connector. In this case, a VGA adapter is required. RCA (tulips). Such adapters come in different configurations and qualities, theirs. Be sure to check the functionality of the adapter before purchasing.
One end of the VGA cable connects to the computer, the other into the adapter. The TV is connected to the adapter using tulips, male connector. If the adapter has “mother” connectors, then tulips “dad-dad” are also required.
After connecting on the TV, you need to select the AV source (on Samsung TV, use the Source button).
View and Photos
The method is suitable for TVs with DLNA technology. These are usually Smart TVs with internet connectivity. To find out if your TV is DLNA capable, check the specs or support.
To connect you need:
A computer connected to the router via Wi-Fi or cable
TV connected to the router via Wi-Fi or cable
It is better to connect devices to the router via a cable, over Wi-Fi “heavy” will be played jerk.
PC software for creating DLNA server.
There are a lot of such programs, there are paid and free ones, Russified and English. The choice of the program is yours.
Some popular options on the Internet:
Unfortunately, it is impossible to describe in detail the connection aLGorithm, because there are more than 2 thousand different models of TVs alone. The general connection aLGorithm is as follows:
1. Connect your computer and TV to the router.
2. Open the ability to share your computer and share the folders with the files you want. An example of how to do this on Windows 10.
2. Install the program for creating DNLA server on your computer.
3. In the program, select the folders on the computer from where the photo will be played.
4. In the program, select the desired file and find the item “Play to. “Or SIMilar in meaning. Next select your TV.
In some programs, such an item may not exist. In this case, you need to select your DLNA server as the source on the TV. On Samsung TVs, this is done by pressing the Source button on the remote. Next, find the item “Directories of media resources” and select the files to view.
Connecting a Windows 7 PC to a TV
I am not a supporter of complex settings and therefore I will show another way to display a picture from a laptop monitor TV screen. Everything is SIMple and takes a minimum of time.
Windows 7 version has the same features as 10 and therefore it is best to use the built-in Home Media Server program.
How can I find it on my computer? In the search for the system, enter the name and it should appear. We launch it.
If the media server is absent on your PC, download it from the official site
The program window is divided into three fields, one of which shows all the folders on your computer. The next window will show the files to be transferred to the TV monitor. The lower window will show all devices to which the broadcast and photos will take place.
First, let’s do a couple of things. In the settings, you need to check the box next to “Local drives”.
Click on the “Add” button and select the files that will be broadcast on the TV screen.
To collect data from the specified directory, press the “Scan” button and wait for the end of the operation.
The files are ready for viewing on TV, it remains to start the media server and go to the TV screen.
There is a Run icon in the top bar of the program. One click and the server is up and running. The device to which the data is transferred will appear at the bottom of the program.
Now you can go to the TV. After synchronization, the server shortcut should appear.
Navigating through it will open a window with folders. It remains to select the one you need and View movies and images.
You can control the viewing directly from the program, but this is inconvenient. Navigation with the remote control is much easier and no need to be distracted by the computer.
How to connect laptop to TV wirelessly. Windows 7, 10
Hi everyone. With the advent of modern smart gadgets, it becomes necessary to synchronize them with each other for easier control. Today we will try to figure out how to connect a laptop to a TV without wires. What is it for? This opens up new opportunities for viewing images, films and other content from a computer and the Internet on TV.
For example, let’s take a Samsung TV of the 6th series, which has Wi-Fi support and an ASUS laptop on Win 10 and Win 7. All devices are synchronized quite SIMply. Other devices from different manufacturers are connected in the same way. The main thing is to make the initial settings. This means connecting both devices to the same router via Wi-Fi.
Connecting to TV Using Windows 10
Using this method, it is sufficient to configure only the laptop. In Win 10, it is possible to display the screen on another monitor. We use a TV as the second monitor.
1. In the lower right corner there is a message icon, clicking on it will open the side shutter, in which we will select the function “transferred to the screen”.
2. The next step will open the “Project” function and it will have several options:
- Repeating screen
- Extend screen
- Second screen only
In our case, we select the first option “Repeating” or the last “Only the second screen”, in both cases the picture will be transmitted to the TV display.
In the second version of the projection, the laptop monitor will go out, and the picture will be on the TV screen. Therefore, it is better to use the first one, since it is more convenient to control from a computer.
3. After choosing the type of screen projection, click on the link “Connect to a wireless display”.
The system will search for devices and connect to the TV display, displaying the picture on the monitor.
If there is no connection, you need to check the antivirus settings. In most cases, it will block the connection. To do this, in the firewall settings, the antivirus will switch the “Public network” to “private network” or disable the firewall for the duration of the picture transfer session. As a result, blocked applications will be allowed.
The image is taken using the example of Avast antivirus.
4. At the end of the transmission of the image to the TV monitor, disconnect in the projection settings by selecting the “Only computer screen” mode. The TV will switch to the TV channel display mode.
Connect using AllShare software
The connection is shown in detail in. See, Apply.
This is how we connected the computer to the TV without using wires.
Connect your Smart TV to your laptop:. How to connect Smart TV to laptop
To begin with, it should be noted that both devices must be connected to the same network. As a rule, at home, routers are used, to which all devices are connected. But, if you have a router, you can organize a network using a laptop or smartphone. So, we have a router and a home network to which both devices are connected.
Connect your Smart TV to Wi-Fi as indicated in the instructions. The laptop must also be connected to a router. Then a special application will help us to display content from a laptop on a TV screen. It is this that will connect the laptop to the TV via Wi-Fi. There are also two ways here:
- Built-in Windows Media Center Extender.
- Third party applications such as home media server.
The first option is a built-in feature in Windows 7 and 8. However, you still need to install it. In the seven it is done like this. Open the Start menu and type Windows Media Center in the search bar. From the search results, select the one you want and open it.
On Windows 8, running the tool is slightly different. Move the mouse cursor to the upper right corner and start the search in the menu that appears. Write down the name of the program and select the required program from the results. However, it is worth noting that in some cases this tool may not be present in operating system versions 8 and 8.1. If the search did NOT return any results, then it should be installed. If you are using licensed Windows 8, then this will not be a problem. Just go to the official Microsoft website and download the updates you want.
Further, in both cases, the program setting is done identically. In the program menu, select “Media attachment”. Next, you will be taken to a menu called “Install Media Extender”.
Here, just follow the instructions on the screen. It is worth noting that before proceeding with its installation, make sure that the TV and the computer are connected to the same network. Only then will you be able to connect your laptop to the TV via a wireless Wi-Fi connection. After installing and connecting the laptop to the TV, all you have to do is transfer the files to the set-top box, which will display them on the TV screen.
How to connect a laptop to a TV via a Wi-Fi connection
Modern technologies are developing steadily. Smart TVs are already widely used today. However, not everyone had time to figure out how to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi.
Of course, this can also be done using the already familiar HDMI cable. Such an interface is required on every modern TV and computer model. However, sometimes this is extremely inconvenient, since not every user has a PC near the Smart TV, and a laptop is not always at hand. What’s more, the HDMI cable costs money. In addition, it restricts the user’s movement by forcing to place the PC in close proximity to the TV.
The advantage of a wireless connection in such situations is obvious. And even if all of this is doable, it is much easier to make a connection without using a cable. Therefore, the question of how to connect a TV to a laptop via Wi-Fi is very relevant today.
Connecting a laptop to a TV using third-party programs
Setting up these applications is extremely SIMple. There are a lot of programs for playing content on TV. However, several of them are in the greatest demand:
- Home media server.
- Samsung Share.
- Share Manager.
The second app may not work properly with second brand TVs. But, if you have a Samsung TV, then the connection will go through without problems. Home media server works the most stable and fits almost all TV models. Therefore, we will consider the principle of configuration using the example of the first application. You can download it completely free. over, connecting a laptop to a TV via a Wi-Fi network and setting up the program is extremely SIMple.
After installation, launch the program. First of all, you should assign the TV on which it will be displayed. Photo or music. When you first start the program, a table will appear in which you need to select the type of device for playing content from the list.
This will be our TV, find the brand and the corresponding aspect ratio in the list. Click “Next”. At this stage, the program offers to share standard folders. But if you store in other directories, then you should specify them manually.
To do this, press the button with a big green plus. Now just point to the folder with the files you want. Click “OK” and confirm the scanning of media resources.
After that, all the content that you run in the program will be displayed on the TV. Now you know how to connect a laptop to a TV over a wireless Wi-Fi network using a home media server. The rest of the programs work on the same principle, so you shouldn’t have any difficulties.
I have extensive experience in setting up and connecting access control systems (ACS) and time attendance systems. And also I am engaged in setting up servers, computers, workplaces.
I work as an engineer at Technootkrytie.
On the TV connected to the laptop, you can adjust the picture and sound settings, as well as determine the time of inactivity, after which the screen will automatically go into sleep mode. so the user can save on energy and extend the life of the TV.
If several laptops are connected to the TV at once, you can select the signal source from the main menu, moving between the HDMI, VGA, RGB, Scart and other sections available.
Features of setting up equipment after connection
No difficulties with setting up the switched devices should arise: modern manufacturers have provided the maximum SIMplicity of connecting a TV and a laptop or laptop. Several recommendations will be given below, however, the owner of the equipment can leave everything as it is. in most cases this is enough.
You can connect your laptop to the TV without any wires.Using your home Wi-Fi network is as easy as finding out where screenshots are saved on Windows. The advantages of the method are the absence of cables interfering with movement and the ability to move the laptop to any convenient place in the coverage area. The main disadvantage is the need for a high-quality, stable and fast Internet connection, otherwise you will not be able to watch a movie without “jerks”.
To connect a laptop to a TV using a wireless network, you must:
- Go to the TV menu, find the section “Wireless Internet” or SIMilar, select the name of the home network in it, enter the password and wait until the connection is established. If necessary, allow connection to the source. Call the “Start” menu on the computer and click on the gear icon.
- In “Windows Settings” go to the “System” section.
- In the subsection “Display” go down the page and find the name “Multiple displays”, then click on the button “discover”.
- If there is no automatic connection, the user needs to click on the link “Connect to a wireless display”.
- All available devices will be displayed in the search sidebar; usually the discovery process Takes a few minutes.
- Now it is enough to agree with the pairing of the TV and laptop. and start watching your favorite movies and TV shows.
Important: it is not necessary to connect both the TV and the laptop to a wireless network; one of the devices can be connected to the router via a cable.
No special changes are required for the connected laptop. The user can add a few touches to the operation of the device:
- In already known subsection “Display” follow the link “Graphics settings”.
- In the upper and lower pop-up lists, select “Universal Application” and “Connect”, respectively, and then click on the “Add” button.
- Enter “Options” and specify how intensively the laptop should work: the higher the performance is selected, the more stable the picture on the TV screen will be.
Important: Using the Win P keyboard shortcut, the device owner will be able to select in the side menu in which mode the paired laptop and TV should work. the best option is “Recurring”.
You can connect the laptop to the TV using the following connectors for each of which you need the Corresponding wires / cables:
- DVI. In terms of the quality of the transmitted picture, this option is NOT inferior to the previous one. Its main advantage is its reliable, like in the old VGA-connector, fixation on the laptop wall. The most significant drawback is exotic: rare laptop models are equipped with DVI.
- Scart. Gives a fairly high-quality image without interference, ripples and other typical troubles. The scart connector is found on most old and new TVs, but laptop manufacturers stubbornly ignore it. not least because of the size. The only available option is to purchase a cable, VGA-Scart, the first end of which is connected to the laptop (of course, if it has such an output), and the second to the TV. However, as already mentioned, if both devices have HDMI connectors, no further research is required.
- VGA. A few years ago, this type of inputs and outputs was the main one, providing a relatively good image quality and the absence of significant defects. On laptops it is rare, on TVs it is also rare, but if the owner of the equipment is lucky twice and really DOES NOT want to use modern digital technologies, you can try. The indisputable advantage of VGA is its reliable fastening to the panel using built-in screws: it is impossible to pull the wire out of the connector, and not unscrew it.
- RCA / S-Video. The well-known “tulips” and combined connectors, allowing you to get an output image that is far from ideal, but still acceptable. Inputs for RCA (most often. yellow, white and red, one for and two for audio) are available on the vast majority of TVs (old and new), but on laptops they are rare. Since the signal is converted from “digital” to “analog” during signal transmission, there is no need to count on high quality.
Important: before connecting the tulips, the laptop must be turned off; TV can be left on.
In addition to the “clean” options, there are many different adapters. users, checking the availability of the appropriate connectors on the equipment, can choose any option that suits him. It is currently impossible to connect a laptop or netbook to a TV via USB: this standard does not provide for high quality streaming from one device to another.
How to connect a TV to a laptop?
At this stage, you can turn on the TV or laptop or leave the equipment off. this, unless otherwise indicated, has no significant effect on the quality of the operations performed further. Beforehand, it is worth solving third-party problems that can interfere with the setup: for example, if the battery on the laptop does not charge or the TV “blinks”, you need to repair x. otherwise you will not be able to enjoy the results of the work.
What you need to connect a laptop to a TV?
Connecting a TV and a laptop or netbook for practice is no more difficult than going into the BIOS and getting used to fine-tuning the operating system: the owner of the equipment requires a minimum of knowledge, a cable or a working Wi-Fi point, patience and accuracy. Nothing else is needed, and the process itself, including the setup, will take from ten minutes to half an hour.
Important: connecting a laptop to a TV in the ways described below is an absolutely safe process for both devices, and does not interfere with the autonomous operation of equipment. The user can return everything “as it was” at any time. just remove the wires.
Despite popular belief, you can also connect to an old TV from a laptop. it may take a little more time, and the picture quality will not be impressive for centuries, but there are no desperate situations. which means you can start manipulating.
How to connect a laptop to a TV?
A confident Windows user who knows how to launch a hotspot or flip the screen on a laptop has probably noticed one major drawback behind his laptop: a display that is too small for FullHD viewing. “Expanding” it, of course, will not work. but you can connect to a TV and watch movies, clips and photos on the big screen. How to do it. let’s try to figure it out.
You can connect a laptop to a TV either using wires or through a home Wi-Fi network. On the TV set, you need to enter the section “Wireless networks”, select your network and enter the access code; on a laptop. find a new screen in the “Display” subsection of the “Windows Settings” menu. Usually, no additional settings are required for the further functioning of the equipment.
Connecting laptop to TV via Wi-Fi
The size of the laptop screen does not always allow you to comfortably browse photos, play computer games or just surf the Internet. Therefore, many users connect a laptop to a TV. This can be done using a dedicated HDMI cable. Then the screen of the TV device will be like a second monitor to project the image from the laptop. But it’s much easier to connect your laptop to your TV over Wi-Fi. There is no need to place equipment as close to each other as possible or to connect and hide wires. So today we will tell you how to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi in different ways.
Connect your TV to your laptop using WiDi
First of all, this method is good because it does not require any “sharing” of folders and sharing settings. WiDi technology uses the Wi-Fi standard and SIMply duplicates a picture from a laptop onto the screen of a TV device. True, there are a couple of nuances. You can arrange a connection in this way only if the laptop:
- Assembled on the basis of Intel third generation processor;
- Equipped with Intel Wi-Fi module;
- Integrated Intel graphics;
- OS. Windows 7, 8, 10.
In some cases, you may still need to install Intel Wireless Display software. As for the TV itself, it must support Miracast (WiDI) technology. Most modern models, which are produced from 2012-2013, have this function by default.
The procedure for connecting via WiDi itself includes several stages:
- On the TV, open the Smart-applications or settings menu, from where you can control the available functions. This can usually be done by pressing the “Smart” or “Home” button on the remote.
- Find and select “Screen Share”. On some TV models, there is a separate Miracast / Intels WiDi item in the settings. just look for and activate it. On Samsung TVs, this feature is called Screen Mirroring. If you can’t find a SIMilar section, just turn on Wi-Fi on the TV device.
- Open Intel Wireless Display on the laptop. If this software is available by default, then download and Install.
- Launched the app, it will automatically scan for wireless displays. The user only needs to select the appropriate option and click “Connect”.
- You may not be able to sync the laptop and TV right away. Often the system asks you to enter a special code, which appears on the TV display. Then we wait a few seconds for the connection to complete. That’s all you managed to transfer the image from the laptop to the big screen.
It also happens that you did everything as described above, but the laptop does not see the TV. Then open the Charms-panel on the laptop, click the “Devices” tab. Then select “Projector” and add your wireless screen. Also updates Wi-Fi drivers.
Connect your TV to your laptop via special software
You can connect two devices via Wi-Fi to display an image using various programs. Today, there is a lot of all kinds of software for playing content on a TV without using wires. Although the greatest demand is for:
- Home media server;
- Samsung Share (has a SIMplified interface, but mostly compatible only with Samsung devices);
- Share Manager.
And of all THESE programs, the home media server is the most stable application. In addition, it fits almost all TV models from different manufacturers. Using a home media server as an example, we will tell you how to display an image from a laptop on TV:
- We download the distribution kit for free from the official website of the developer. http://www.Homemediaserver.Ru
- Installing the program on a laptop.
- We launch it. A table will appear listing the various devices. In this list, you need to choose the one to which the content will be transmitted. That is, we look for and click on your TV model. Click the “Next” button.
- The program will offer to share certain folders. By default, these are “”, “Music”, “Pictures”. However, you can manually specify other folders where you store your movies or photos, so that you can later watch them on the TV screen. Just click on the right button “Add” with a big green plus.
- Then I confirm the scanning procedure. Click “Ok” and “Finish”.
Now various content, such as you specified in the home media server program, will be displayed on the large TV screen.
Other SIMilar applications work on the same principle. So, difficulties in using them should NOT arise. So you learned how to connect a laptop to a TV via a wireless Wi-Fi network using special software.
Connect your smart TV to your laptop
Most modern TV devices are equipped with a function that allows you to access interactive content. Due to this, you can easily display a variety of information from the Internet on the TV screen. movies. Music, games, blogs, etc. This technology is called Smart.
The most common and advanced platforms are Samsung Smart TV and LG Smart TV. Other manufacturers, such as Sony, Philips, Panasonic, Thomson, etc., are actively introducing this technology.
So we will connect such a TV with Smart TV to a laptop. This is done as follows:
- Connect both laptop and TV to one wireless point. For example, to a router. You already know how to do this on a laptop. So let’s start with the TV. We turn on the device and, using the remote control, go to the settings. We find a section called “Network” (or something SIMilar).
- Turn on the Wi-Fi adapter. Select from the list the access point to which the laptop is already connected. All two devices are connected to the same network.
- Next, we configure the DLNA server. Sounds scary and incomprehensible? Don’t be scared. In fact, we just open network access to folders with the rest of the content. This is done on a laptop. The first step is to go to the “Network Control Center”. In the “View active networks” section, change the public network to a private (home) one.
- Now we need to “share” a specific directory. For example, you want to watch a movie on TV that is stored on your laptop’s hard drive. Then we find the folder “My records”. Right-click on it.
- In the window that appears, select the “Access” section. From there we go to the item “Advanced setting”. Here, at the very top, set a checkmark opposite “Share this folder”. Then we press “apply” and “ok”.
- There is another way, which will allow you to enable sharing. Open Windows Explorer, select the “Network” item. We find the message “Network discovery and file sharing are disabled.” Click on it and follow the instructions of the assistant.
- After DLNA is turned on, we take the remote from the TV. In the device menu, we are looking for an item dedicated to viewing the contents of various external connected sources. Let’s say it’s called “Home” on Sony TVs. There are films, pictures or music. All that remains is to select the desired content from your computer. If it’s LG, then you need to find the “SmartShare” section and call the item “View PC contents”.
If you have configured everything correctly, then you can start movies in two clicks. SIMply “highlighting” any file on the laptop, press the auxiliary mouse button on it and select the item “Play on.”. In the list that opens, you only need to name your TV model. For example, Sony Bravia KDL-42W817B. Then the broadcast on the big screen will start automatically.
For reference! In MKV format with this connection, most likely, will not be played. Therefore, choose files with the AVI extension.
What to do if your TV has a Wi-Fi module?
Wireless connection with a laptop via Wi-Fi is not possible if there is no special module. For example, it is absent on older TV devices that were released more than 5 years ago. Naturally, without a cable, a laptop can NOT be connected to such a TV. How to be? You will have to use additional accessories.
For example, an adapter can help expand the capabilities of your TV. It is usually plugged into the HDMI port. What SIMilar gadgets can we recommend? It:
- Google Chromecast;
- Android Mini PC;
- Compute Stick;
- Miracast adapter.
All of the above adapters will allow you to establish a wireless connection and transfer images from your laptop to your TV.