How to connect iPhone to computer via USB and Wi-Fi Creating a Wi-Fi network to connect iPhone in Windows and Mac OS X
Yes, connecting an iPhone or iPad to a personal computer based on Windows or Mac OS X is elementary, and with the release of iOS 5 and iTunes 10.5, this cannot be done not only with a standard USB cable. If you know all the ways to connect “iPhone. computer” and you have no problems with this, pass by, the rest. welcome “under the cut”.
Perhaps, I read the title, experienced iOS-users bombard me with “rotten” comments and have the right to do so, because connecting an iPhone to a computer is elementary simple.
As part of today’s publication, we will consider how to connect iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) to a personal computer based on Windows and Mac OS X, get acquainted with the advantages and disadvantages of each method and try to find the best.
Benefits of connecting iPhone to computer via Wi-Fi:
- Device “are not tied to the computer and can be located from it within the range of the network.
- The USB port of the computer is released.
- The iFunbox file manager “knows” how to work with iOS devices connected via Wi-Fi, which means that you can download content and install applications from the App Store to devices via a wireless network.
Disadvantages of iPhone Wi-Fi Connection:
- Low, in comparison with USB-connection, data transfer speed;
- Quickly “devours” the battery charge;
- You cannot restore or update the device firmware via Wi-Fi, because To do this, use the Recovery Mode, in which it is impossible to connect the device wirelessly.
- It is impossible to restore data from a backup via Wi-Fi.
- It is quite difficult to organize a connection (in the absence of a Wi-Fi router).
How to connect iPhone to computer via Wi-Fi
The only requirement that must be met to connect an iOS gadget to a computer wirelessly is that the device and the computer must be connected to the same network.
You can create such a network in 2 ways:
- Using a wireless router (Wi-Fi router)
- Using Wi-Fi module of a computer (laptop).
If you use a wireless router to organize a wireless network, which creates a shared Wi-Fi network, there are no problems. It is enough to connect your computer and iPhone to this network and activate the function of syncing the device with iTunes via Wi-Fi.
Creating a Wi-Fi Network on Mac in OS X
I didn’t have a computer based on OS Windows at hand, let’s consider the procedure for creating a network on a Mac for Windows, I will describe the procedure in text.
- For Mac OS X go to System Preferences. Network “and in the list on the left select” Wi-Fi “.
Click on the “Network Name” drop-down list and select “Create Network”.
In the window “Create a computer-to-computer network” enter the name of the network, the channel can be left by default, in my case the 11th and opposite “Security” Click on “Not selected”.
Personally, I don’t understand why Apple recommends setting WPA2 encryption for Wi-Fi networks, while in OS X only WEP with different key lengths is available, but you don’t have to choose.
Tip: On OS X, choose the encryption type with the maximum key length, i.e. “140 bit WEP”, the password will need to be entered only 3 times, 2 times when creating a network (input and confirmation) and 1 time in the iPhone when connected. The network settings in the iPhone are saved automatically, and when the created network is available, the device will connect to it “automatically” (it does not need to enter a password for a known network each time it connects).
Select the desired encryption type and click on “Create”.
A wireless Wi-Fi network will be created, the Mac will be automatically connected to it (since it is its source), it remains to connect the iPhone to the created network.
On iPhone (or iPad), go to “Settings.Wi-Fi” and turn on the Wi-Fi module of the device with the corresponding switch.
A wireless network created in Mac OS X will appear in the “Select network” list, tap on its name and enter the password. Done!
After connecting to the shared Wi-Fi network of iPhone and Mac, launch iTunes and your device will appear in the “Devices” menu.
Ways to Connect iPhone to Computer
Initially, it was possible to connect an iOS device to a computer only with the USB cable supplied with the device, but with the advent of iOS 5 version and iTunes 10.5, a second, more universal one appeared. via a wireless Wi-Fi network.
Today (current iOS 7.1.2 and iTunes 11.3), you can connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer in 2 ways:
- USB cable;
- Wireless Wi-Fi.
There are no problems with the first method, just connect one end of the cable with a USB connector to the corresponding port of the computer (these can be USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports), and insert the other into the connector of the iPhone or iPad.
Connecting iPhone wirelessly requires more. If you have a wireless router and there are no difficulties here: turn on Wi-Fi in the settings of the iOS device (the corresponding switch in “Settings. Wi-Fi”), select the network created by the Wi-Fi router and Wait for connection.
What to do for those who have only a computer with a Wi-Fi module, for example a laptop, and an iOS device? It is necessary to create a separate wireless network “computer-computer”, but first things first.
Benefits of connecting iPhone to computer via USB:
- High data transfer rate;
- Everything is elementary simple;
- You can download (upload) music, videos, ringtones and photos to the iPhone without synchronization using file managers like iFunBox and iTools;
- You can install and uninstall applications (games and software) through file managers (the same iFunBox and iTools) without syncing iPhone to iTunes;
- Allows you to charge your device.
How to create a Wi-Fi network to connect iPhone
It is not difficult to create a wireless network using a computer with a Wi-Fi module, a laptop, for example, but to connect an iOS device to it, you need to take into account a number of features.
When creating a Wi-Fi network, I suggest using the recommended settings for routers and Wi-Fi access points from Apple.
How to connect iPhone to computer with USB cable
Each iOS gadget comes with a standard cable with a USB connector on one end and a 30-pin or Lightning connector (depending on the iOS device model) on the second, in the Apple community it is usually called a “lanyard”.
USB cable with 30-pin connector for connecting to a computer: iPhone 2G-4s, iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPod Touch up to 4G.
Lightning connector can connect to PC: iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, iPad 4th and 5th (iPad Air) generations, iPad Mini, iPad Mini with Retina display, iPod Touch 5G and iPod Nano 7th generation.
- Sync iPhone with computer: transfers contacts, notes, email account settings, calendars, Safari data;
- Repair and update iOS;
- Back up data to iTunes and iCloud;
- Recover data from backups;
- Install and uninstall applications from the App Store;
- Upload music, videos, photos and books to iPhone memory;
- Upload content from iPhone.
USB cables for iPhone: what are there?
The USB cable for any new or Refurbished iPhone is included. if there is no cable, this means one of two things: either they are trying to sell you an unoriginal smartphone (in other words, a Chinese fake), or the cable was lost by slow consultants of the salon who used the gadget package for their own needs.
There are two types of USB cable for iPhone:
The first is Lightning. Connectors with 8 pins appeared on the bundled USB cables and chargers along with the 5th modification of the iPhone. IPhones of the 7th modification also use Lightning to connect headphones. A distinctive feature of Lighting is that you can insert the connector into the connector from either side.
On the other side of the cable for the iPhone, there can now be Not only a classic USB connector, but also a USB Type-C connector, which looks more like a micro-USB.
Why iPhone Won’t Connect to Computer: Problems Possible
The solution to the problem of connecting an iPhone via USB very often lies on the surface. Typically, this situation: the user connected the smartphone via a cable, waited for the iPhone to notify by vibration while charging. but then nothing happens! According to the above instructions, we see that the next step is to confirm the user’s trust in the computer. “Request in trust” does not appear on the screen of a locked iPhone. It is enough just to unlock the device. the message will appear and the problem will be solved.
Other errors are possible:
- If you encounter errors accompanied by SyncServer and MobileDeviseHelper messages, check if the same time is set on the PC and the gadget. Even a slight difference in time can lead to a connection failure. If the error “USB device is NOT recognized”, plug the cable into another USB port on your computer. The error can also be due to the fact that the SIM card in the iPhone does not meet the requirements of the device. To connect correctly, it is enough to activate “Airplane mode” through “Settings”. If the computer simply does not see the iPhone, the problem lies in the cable or in the connector on the gadget itself. In any of these two cases, the user will have to spend a lot. to buy a new “lace” or to diagnose the device with subsequent repair.
How to connect iPhone to computer via USB?
Apple devices have a closed architecture. many operations require the use of a PC. That is why, when buying an iPhone, the user should be ready to connect this gadget via a USB cable much more often than any of the Androids. The operation of connecting an iPhone via USB seems simple, however, there are some nuances that DO NOT allow you to work with this device as with a standard data carrier.
How to connect iPhone to computer via USB and why you need to do it?
Connecting an “apple” gadget to a PC via USB allows you to:
- Synchronize iPhone with iTunes: load music and other multimedia data to the device memory, transfer notes and contacts, transfer credentials. Create backups of the information stored in the device’s memory and restore data from backups. Carries out the restoration and updating of the operating system. Free up device memory (which is worth its weight in gold) by transferring data to your computer hard drive.
All of this will not be possible if the USB connection between iPhone and PC is unstable. Correctly connecting your iPhone to your computer is pretty simple:
Take a USB cable and insert the 30-Pin or Lightning connector into the corresponding connector on the gadget.
Insert the connector on the other side into any of the USB ports of your computer or laptop.
Wait for the sound typical of a USB device connection. At the same time, the iPhone will vibrate to notify the owner that it is charging.
A message “trust this computer?” Appears on the smartphone screen. Confirm by clicking the corresponding button.
An autorun window pops up on the computer monitor. this already indicates a successful USB connection.
Close this window.
Go to “My Computer”. you will see your iPhone in the list of portable devices.
Click on the icon and you will get access to photos and videos that were taken with the iPhone camera. You will NOT be able to get to music in this way. you will have to install and run a program called iTunes.
USB connection: pros and cons
Connecting with a USB cable isn’t the only way to connect iPhone to iTunes and PC in general. Iphone with iOS version older than 5.0 can be connected to a computer via Wi-Fi. However, most owners of Apple technology “the old fashioned way” continue to use cables and here’s why:
- The cable connection guarantees high speed data transfer (for USB 3.0. 4.8 Gbps). When connecting via Wi-Fi, you have to look back at the restriction set by your Internet provider. The device connected by a cable to the PC is recharged, while when connected via Wi-Fi, on the contrary, energy is consumed at an impressive rate. Connecting via USB is a very simple procedure, but NOT everyone will be able to organize an “over the air” connection. Only when connected via a cable can you restore data from a backup and perform a full reset.
Using USB ports to connect an iPhone also has disadvantages:
- The device is actually tied to the PC with a “string”. This limits the user’s options. to talk on the phone, he will have to interrupt the “connection”. Gadget Occupies one of the USB ports. this can be a problem if your laptop or laptop has only 2 ports.
Connecting iPhone to PC via USB is NOT at all more difficult than Android: in any case, difficulties are possible, but their occurrence is more an exception to the rule than a rule. Another thing is that by itself, connecting an iPhone via USB will not give the user ample opportunities. he can only copy and delete photos and video files taken with the gadget’s camera, and for other operations he will have to master iTunes. Working with Android in this regard is much easier: when connected to a computer via USB, a smartphone with a “green robot” is defined as a flash drive.
How to connect iPhone to Mac via USB?
Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable, then open iTunes and select your device. Click Browse on the left side of the iTunes window. Select “Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi.” Click the “Apply” button.
How to connect iPhone to computer with broken screen?
Connect the Lightning port from your iPhone to USB to your computer. In QuickTime, choose File → New Video Recorder, but don’t start recording. Next to the record button, click the down arrow button, then select your iPhone. This will bring the iPhone display screen to your Mac in QuickTime.
Why can’t my computer see files from iPhone?
If the laptop or computer is stubborn and does NOT see the photo, like the device itself, then the problem is most likely in the cable, connector of the computer or iPhone. It’s easy to check. Just try connecting a different cable or carrier (you can use another smartphone). Also, this can be caused by the absence of a driver or incompatibility of standards.
How to connect iPhone to computer via Wi Fi?
To connect the device to a PC via Wi-Fi, you need to use a USB adapter. This essential accessory is included with your iPhone. ITunes must be installed before connecting your device to your computer. Using this library, you can identify the model of your device.
How to Allow Computer Access on iPhone?
Choosing the ability to trust a computer
To allow your computer to access the data on your device, select it in the Finder and click Trust or, if using iTunes, Continue. On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch Confirm data access for your computer or other device.
Is it possible to connect iPhone to laptop?
To connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable, plug one end with a USB connector into the corresponding port on your computer. The other end of the 30-pin or Lightning cable Plug into your iPhone or iPad. If iTunes is NOT inserted on your computer, without it Windows will not be able to identify the device.
How to connect iPhone to laptop? Is it possible to connect iPhone to computer without iTunes?
You can manage files on your iPhone using a computer without using the standard iTunes program. Windows Explorer will help us with this.
How to Share Internet from iPhone to Windows 10 Computer?
USB connection (like 3G or LTE modem)
To use the iPhone in modem mode via a USB cable (Use the native cable from the charger) in Windows 10, 8 and Windows 7, Apple iTunes must be installed (you can download it for free from the official website), otherwise the connection will NOT appear.
We have found a video instruction for you on how to connect the Internet via USB:
If you do not know how to share the Internet from iPhone to PC, which has wireless modules, use USB. Let’s take a closer look at how to share the Internet from an iPhone via USB.
Plug in the wire and give the computer time to detect the USB device. The easiest way to do this is in Mac OS, for obvious reasons. For Windows 7 and 10, we recommend installing iTunes. In this case, there are no problems with iPhone detection.
A new element appears in the network connections section, which is activated in a standard way. If the hardware does NOT appear in the list, try restarting your computer.
If modem mode is not available
But it may also happen that the “Modem mode” item in the settings is inactive (highlighted in gray) or even missing. In this case, select the “Cellular” item in the settings and enable data transmission (“Cellular data”).
It is also helpful to go to the Data Options section. “Cellular data network” and scroll down the page to make sure that the APN, Username and Password fields are filled in and correspond to the currently used cellular operator.
Usually, ISPs automatically configure the Internet connection. But failures and non-standard situations are possible. If the listed fields are filled in or filled in incorrectly, you need to Get the actual parameters from the operator.
How to distribute the Internet from iPhone: to PC and laptop, via USB
The ability to transfer data appeared in the iPhone back in 2008. This is a very useful function, since you can distribute the Internet from an iPhone or Apple tablet with a SIM card to computers, laptops, and even to other phones.
This will require:
- Enable data transfer to iPhone.
- Connect devices to the created network in a suitable way.
Watch also a video where you will learn how to distribute the Internet from an iPhone or iPad:
- Put the iPhone in tethering mode
- If modem mode is not available
- Baud rate
- Connect devices
- By USB
- If it doesn’t work
You can distribute the Internet either via Wi-Fi, or via USB or Bluetooth. over, you can create several connections at the same time. For example, connect the iPad via Wi-Fi, and a stationary computer, and not one that has wireless modules, via USB.
When choosing how to distribute the Internet from iPhone to computer, do not forget about the data transfer speed. Wi-Fi provides sufficient speed for both comfortable surfing and downloading files. USB transfer speed varies by version. 2.0, which models 4, 4s, 5 and 6 work with, is much slower than Wi-Fi. But USB 3.0 and 4.0 demonstrate solid speed. Bluetooth of any of the existing versions is 2 orders of magnitude inferior to them.
Note that speed is based on the slowest device in the pair. Therefore, if you are using an iPhone 4s with USB 2.0 and the most modern laptop with USB 4.0, the data transfer speed in this bundle will still NOT exceed 480 Mbps.
Put the iPhone in tethering mode
Let’s try it on the example of the iPhone 5s. First of all, you need to enable data transfer. This can be done in the settings. There you will see the item “Modem Mode”. You need to go into it and activate.
The first time you connect, a password will be automatically generated. It is required to enter it on all devices that will connect to the iPhone via Wi-Fi. If desired, the password can be changed. There is no risk of forgetting him, since he is not hidden by the system.
Agree to the offer to turn on Wi-Fi if you plan to distribute the Internet in this way. The listed actions may be enough for everything to work and the question of how to distribute the Internet from iPhone to laptop or PC is solved.
Let’s figure out how to distribute Wi-Fi from iPhone to devices running different operating systems. First, turn on Wi-Fi on your PC or laptop.
In Windows 7 and 10, this can be done through the icon located on the taskbar. On laptops, turning on and off wireless devices is also possible using a dedicated switch or function keys. Which one depends on the model, so see the instructions for the laptop. You can also control Wi-Fi from the Control Panel.
The situation is similar in Mac OS. You can connect Wi-Fi through the icon on the top panel, or in system settings, in the “Network” section.
It’s easy to figure out how to distribute the Internet from iPhone to iPad, because they both work under iOS. After turning on data transfer on the phone, you just need to turn on Wi-Fi in the tablet settings.
After activating the modem mode, a network is created, which is visible in the list of Wi-Fi connections. The network name contains the word “iPhone”. Just select this network and after asking for a password, enter it.
There is no need to change the parameters of the created connection, everything should work fine with the default settings. If everything worked out, the top line on the smartphone will display the inscription: “connected devices 1”.
Data transmission via Bluetooth loses to other options in terms of speed. But broadcasting the Internet in this way is almost as easy as distributing Wi-Fi to a computer from an iPhone.
To make a connection, you must:
- Enable iPhone data transfer mode.
- Activate Bluetooth on both devices.
- Create a pair.
- Assign Bluetooth device as access point.
To create a pair on a PC or laptop running Windows, you need to go to the “Control Panel”. “Devices”. “Bluetooth”. In the list you need to select “iPhone” and click on the “Connect” button that appears next to it.
On iPhone, you need to allow pairing, and on Windows, confirm that the code matches.
Now the connection is established, but the Internet is not working yet. You will need to select “iPhone” again in the list of devices and click “Connect via”. “Access point”.
If it doesn’t work
First, it’s worth checking if there is internet on the iPhone itself. If not, make a request for balance and available Internet traffic. Check if the parameters login, password, APN for the modem mode are specified.
- If iPhone is NOT sharing Wi-Fi, check if Wi-Fi is connected on both devices and if a new connection appears in the list on the computer. If there is a connection, you can go to its settings. Sometimes the problem of lack of Internet can be solved by setting the DNS values to 220.127.116.11. This is true for all connection options.
- If it is impossible to connect via Bluetooth, it is recommended to check the availability and relevance of the Bluetooth module drivers installed on the PC.
- The problem with the iPhone NOT being seen in the list of USB devices is most often solved by installing iTunes and restarting the computer.
Can the mobile operator prohibit the use of the phone as an access point? Technically, it is impossible to track the activation of this mode. But on the side of the provider, traffic that is not specific for mobile devices is clearly visible, including updates for operating systems or downloads from torrent trackers.
However, such control was relevant in those happy, but short times, when almost every operator had unlimited tariffs, which users quickly learned to use for all devices. Now you pay a certain amount of gigabytes per month. And how you use them. on one device or on several. your Personal File.
And, of course, if a problem occurs, you shouldn’t rule out hardware problems in the sending or receiving device. But before taking your iPhone or laptop to service, you need to make sure once again that all the connection instructions have been followed.
See also how to distribute Internet from Android phones:
Instructions for connecting iPhone to computer via USB as a modem
In the case of a wired connection to a personal computer, a telephone cord is used, which is also used to charge the device. This is convenient because it does not require the use of many wires of different directions.
Instructions for Windows
Since the Windows operating system in domestic conditions is more common than the rest, the first thing to consider is the connection to the device on it. The interface of the Windows operating system has practically NOT changed since the seventh series, so it is better to consider an example with Windows 10. Iphone in the situation under consideration works with the help of iOs 9. It is the most optimal, since in older and newer versions practically nothing has changed dramatically.
Note! The main requirements are the installed Apple iTunes software and a standard original USB cable for the phone. The program can be downloaded from the official website, it is absolutely free. Then it needs to be installed on the computer. It’s also easy and will only take a couple of minutes.
After completing all the preparatory steps, you must enable the “Modem Mode” function on the phone. Next, you need to connect both devices with a wire. A window “trust this computer” will appear on the smartphone display, which must be positively confirmed, otherwise the connection will not take place.
Steps to connect to the network via a smartphone:
- In the list with possible network connections, find a new available network with the name Apple Mobile Device Ethernet.
- We recommend that you check the connection and its status. To do this, click on the connection icon in the lower right corner of the screen with the right button.
- A small menu will open in which you should click on “Network and Sharing Center”.
- Finally, on the left side, click on “Change adapter parameters”, a list of all connections will be available in the menu that opens.
When the iPhone acts as a modem and has Wi-Fi enabled, it can be used as a router for other gadgets. To do this, you need to connect to a connection that will be referred to as iPhone or the like. After that, the system will invite you to enter the password.
Note! In this case, a personal computer via a wire and other devices via a wireless network will be able to access the Internet.
Setting the iPhone modem mode to distribute the Internet to a computer via USB
For the majority of Apple devices, the algorithm for enabling the “tethering” service is identical. It is enough to consider the sequence of actions for one device and deal with switching on to the second. not a problem. As an example, we can consider the algorithm for connecting and setting up the function on the iPhone 6. Users of previous models of smartphones, if their operating system is updated, can turn on the mode in the same way.
This will require:
- Go to the “Settings” of the gadget and select the “Cellular” tab. In the event that the cellular Internet is already activated, you can immediately connect the function. If not, then you need to continue.
- You need to translate the “Cellular data” slider and select the type of connection and the 3G or LTE standard.
- After that, open the “Modem Mode” tab.
- Next, you need to activate the selected mode. In the event that the smartphone has a Wi-Fi connection, the system will offer to switch to it. You can distribute this wireless network or disable it and switch to mobile communication.
- After activation, the user gadget is a signal source and can distribute communication over a wireless network or cable. You can also use Bluetooth.
Note! In addition, you should be aware that the section with the parameters of the modem function will contain the System-set default password. It is initially quite complex, which may be fine, but it causes problems to spell it correctly. If the user wants to set his own password, you can click on the system and a menu will appear to change.
In this case, any device capable of accessing wireless networks can connect to the user’s smartphone. You can also transfer data to second devices, such as a personal computer, over a wired connection. It is enough to connect the USB cable to it and sync using iTunes. Any PC with Windows or MAC operating system will work.
Setting up a mobile connection
With a cellular Internet connection, there are usually no problems, connection and use is quite simple, because the basic SIM cards are sold with all the settings installed. You just need to install the card into your smartphone and start using all the privileges of access to the global network. But it happens that the ability to transfer information over a mobile connection is lost. In such cases, you may need to configure and turn on the network yourself. Also, the presented settings will be needed if you plan to use the iPhone as a modem.
Important! Thanks to the “iTunes” software, which is installed on a PC or laptop, you can perform many different actions together.
The settings for activating the connection to the cellular network are carried out in two stages, first, access is connected, and then the necessary data for each of the operators are installed and entered. The first stage consists of the following steps:
- First you need to decide whether the transfer of information over the network is activated. This is done in the gadget settings. To check, you need to carry out the following combination: “Cellular”. “Settings”.
- After that, you need to check the activation of two sliders under the names “Enable 3G” and “Cellular Data”. They must be connected and lit in green.
- If the slider in the “Cellular Data” tab is inactive, then it is possible to connect only via Wi-Fi. It is also recommended to activate the item in the inclusion of 3G, otherwise the device will perceive and transmit information only according to the old EDGE standard. It has a very low speed (up to 470 Kilobits per second).
Note! The 4G standard is connected in the same way, only the user is required to choose an LTE or 4G connection instead of 3G.
After all the above steps and settings are completed, you need to proceed to the second stage of work. In this case, you need to clarify and establish the correctness of the input of all data for the cellular connection. It is recommended to do this as follows:
- Re-enter the “Cellular” section. At the bottom of the section, you need to find an additional section called “Cellular data network” and select it to enter.
- In this section, the “Cellular data” block will appear, in which there are three terms with the name: APN, username, password.
It is possible to simplify an already uncomplicated procedure and does not enter data into the smartphone personally. In this case, you just need to call the hotline of the mobile operator and invite you to send the settings. After a certain time, users will receive an SMS message with all the necessary information. After that, you do NOT need to enter anything, just open the message, and all settings will be saved automatically.
Important! Remember to reboot your smartphone every time after entering data. The connection is activated only after switching on.
MAC OS X
The presented operating system works with devices from Apple. These can be laptops or personal computers. Since both the phone and the connected PC are made by the same manufacturer, problems should not arise. Setting up a connection is very simple, you just need to follow these steps:
- If a Wi-Fi network is used, then you need to connect to the access point on the phone and enter the password, which is set in the modem mode settings. It is noteworthy that if both devices are registered under the same iCloud account, then you will NOT need to enter a password.
- With the use of the modem mode via USB connection, all the necessary actions will be carried out automatically. If this did not happen, then you need to select “Network”. “USB to iPhone” in the computer settings. Next, turn off the “Disable if you don’t need it” mode.
- You can use the distribution of data via “Bluetooth”. To do this, you will need to open the computer settings and install “Network”. “Bluetooth Pan”. “Set up Bluetooth device. ” Select a smartphone from the list, after which the connection will be established.
Connecting iPhone to a computer or laptop via a USB cable in tethering mode
How to connect “iPhone” to a computer via USB as a modem is a common question among the users of the presented device. Apple products are gaining more and more popularity all over the world, therefore, among device owners, questions are common on various topics related to additional functions and Special applications. All gadgets of the company have the ability to connect to the Internet in several ways. this is Wi-Fi, mobile connection, or connection to a computer or laptop with access to the network via a wire. In addition, all Wi-Fi devices are equipped with the “modem mode” system function, which allows you to act as a router or router and distribute access to the global network simultaneously to several devices. This is very convenient because it allows you to connect to a personal computer, which runs on the operating system “Windows” or MAC and does not have access to the Internet. For this, a standard USB cable is used, which comes with the gadget. You may also need iTunes
In the case of connecting and distributing the Internet for a computer with an iPhone, various problems may arise. For example, Apple is very careful about the implementation of original accessories, therefore, when connected to a non-original manual, the message “this cable or accessory is not supported or certified” may appear. In this case, only the use of the original accessory can help, otherwise the system will simply not allow the connection. This situation is possible with the original wire, to fix it, just reconnect it.
Note! In addition, the modem service may NOT work or be NOT active. You need to check its inclusion in the settings. If everything is fine, restarting the device can help.
In the case when all else fails, it is recommended to reset the network settings. This item can be found in the phone settings. Execution will help reset all previously set or changed network access parameters. It is noteworthy that all personal data in the form of photos, videos, user documents will remain intact.
The service may not work due to the installation of the latest update. This is a manufacturer’s glitch, usually such situations are quickly corrected by releasing a new version of the system.
It is possible to connect iPhone to a personal computer and use it as a modem. This is done quite easily, you only need to have a special program installed and an original wire. After that, you can make the necessary settings and enjoy all the benefits of access to the global network.