Features of connection via Wi-Fi
For such a connection, it is important to observe several points:
- The signal must be good.
- There should be no other powerful connection points between the TV and the source.
- A Wi-Fi network for communication and a network for data transmission are two different channels. When connecting devices through this channel, you need to remember about the Internet connection for the very broadcast of the video.
With Wireless Display
There are many gadgets that can act as a bridge between your laptop and your TV, allowing you to “stream” content from one to the other. You will also hear the term “screen mirroring”, although technically they are slightly different: one is streaming content from an application, and the other is simply copying your laptop screen.
Roku Express is a good option. It is a media streamer that connects to your TV via HDMI and allows you to install applications for a variety of TV collection and movie subscription services. It also allows you to stream from a compatible device in much the same way as Google Chromecast for 100, but with the addition of a user-friendly interface.
If you don’t need a media streaming box. perhaps you already have a Smart TV and don’t need to add apps. there are solutions like adapters for fast streaming. This is exactly the same as connecting two devices using an HDMI cable, except that the cable itself is replaced with a wireless system (more details below).
How to force Windows 10 to use an external display?
When you connect your computer to your TV via HDMI or even VGA, Windows should automatically detect and display the image on it. Just make sure your TV is turned on and set to the correct video input.
If not, you can try the Windows 10 key combination: Windows P key. Hold the Windows key and press P repeatedly to cycle through the different options: Laptop screen only Duplicate Extend Second screen only. You probably want to Duplicate or Second Screen Only.
We will analyze the points to connect a laptop to a TV without a wire in order to choose the easiest way.
The adapter is a complete solution that allows you to connect right out of the box. This means that the number of settings is minimized. There is a decoder and a video capture card inside the adapter so that videos are played in the best quality.
- There is a connection diagram in the instructions for the adapter.
- After the TV is connected to the adapter and is displayed in the status bars, you can proceed to the next step.
- Connect the source directly to the adapter. It is he who will process the data and transfer it to the big screen. Do not try to connect your laptop to a TV using an adapter. It does not make sense.
The advantage of this approach is that even TVs with or without a weak network card can connect wirelessly and transmit Full HD video.
LG Smart TV allows you to watch a movie on your TV, broadcasting a high-quality picture without an adapter. Data transmission technologies are already built into TV.
Connect to any HDTV with wireless display adapter
Previous option is subject to Smart TV and high-speed Internet connection. It is not always so. Alternatively, a wireless display adapter such as the ScreenBeam Mini2 may work for you.
ScreenBeam Mini2 requires a TV with an available HDMI port and USB port. You don’t need cables or a home Wi-Fi network to do this. Connect the wireless display adapter to your TV. It creates its own direct wireless connection to a Windows 10 PC or laptop using Miracast technology.
Other wireless display adapters may require you to create an account, provide a credit card, and even charge a monthly fee. ScreenBeam Mini2 ‘PlugPlay’ design simplifies adapter plugging and device pairing.
ScreenBeam Mini2 is compatible with Android 4.2 and Windows 8.1 / 10 devices (Miracast enabled). Compatibility map is very similar to Samsung Smart TV.
If you have a Smart TV, chances are you can connect your Windows 10 computer with the click of a button. Typically, this applies to the latest computer models Widows 10. Just go to display settings and click “connect to wireless display”. Select your Smart TV from the list of devices, and your PC screen can instantly be reflected on the TV screen.
One problem can arise with Smart TVs. The connection between your PC and TV may depend on a reliable high-speed internet connection or Wi-Fi.
To use DLNA on your TV, you need:
- Connect both TV and smartphone or tablet to the same network via Wi-Fi. You can do this on both devices by going into their network settings and searching for a wireless network. Select your home wireless network from this list and enter your wireless network password. In the case of smart TVs, you can also use a LAN cable to connect them to your router.
- Download DLNA app to your smartphone. To stream content from a smartphone, the DLNA app must be installed on the smartphone. One of the most popular DLNA apps is BubbleUPnP, which can be downloaded for free from the Google Play Store. Some smartphones also come pre-loaded with DLNA apps.
- Device selection. Once you download the BubbleUPnP app to your smartphone, you will see a screen with four menus at the bottom. Now Playing, Playlist, Library and Devices. Before choosing a file, you need to select the device you want to stream to. You can access this list by clicking on Devices presented on the main screen of the application. Select your TV from the list of renders. If you are streaming content from your portable device, then you can choose that too. If you have a separate NAS, you can also choose to stream from it.
- Streaming media to TV. Once you select a device, you need to select the content you want to play on it. You can access all media by first selecting the source you want to play from. BubbleUPnP splits all your songs, videos and pictures into folders. You can click on the file you want to stream. Once you select a file, the app will start streaming it to your TV. You can choose one file or create a playlist to your liking. You can also control the TV volume using the volume keys on your phone. In this way, you can quickly and easily decide how to transfer the image.
You can also use DLNA to connect your laptop to your TV and stream photos to your TV. Some smart TVs don’t even need a router as a means to stream media files from a smartphone. To do this, you need a smart TV and a smartphone that supports Miracast. This technology uses Wi-Fi Direct to stream content and is great for use over short distances, such as in the living room. Miracast also allows you to mirror your smartphone screen to your smart TV. This means you can watch movies, music, as well as play games and use applications on the big screen. Samsung has implemented this method when creating Smart-TV technology.
What you need to connect a laptop to a TV via HDMI
Before proceeding to consider the question of how to connect a laptop to a TV via HDMI, we will make a list of the necessary devices. You only need three things:
- HDMI cable;
- TV set;
Syncing your TV and laptop is a simple process. You only need to buy a cable that will allow you to duplicate the image on a large screen. It is very rarely included in the basic package. It is inexpensive. The program for connecting to a laptop TV is not required. Therefore, no special skills are required either. Just follow the instructions.
Some TVs and laptops are not equipped with HDMI, but this is very rare. In such situations, you need to buy an adapter for other connectors.
When everything is connected, you can adjust the image quality. This is a mandatory measure if HDMI from a laptop to a TV displays a picture for the first time. Otherwise, the image may be fuzzy, blurry.
Follow the simple step-by-step instructions:
- Right click on an empty space on the desktop.
- From the drop-down context menu, select the command “Screen resolution”.
- By adjusting the screen resolution, you must select the optimal picture quality.
Change the resolution and see how the image quality has improved or deteriorated. There are also several options for connecting to a TV:
- mirroring the laptop screen to TV;
- expanding the working area;
- TV as a second monitor. the laptop screen and TV screen work independently. You can, for example, simultaneously play a movie on the TV and surf the Internet or work behind a laptop screen. This type of connection creates a load on the video card;
- laptop screen is off, only TV is working.
This completes the setup. Now you can enjoy watching your favorite movies on the big screen. Setting up a connection on a netbook is carried out in a similar way.
Setting up your TV
With the cord plugged into the TV, grab the remote control to open the main menu. You need to switch to HDMI, that is, change the signal source. Each TV set has a different setup menu.
Mostly the signal source is selected in the “External inputs” section or using the “Source” button on the remote control. Prioritize the HDMI connector on your TV with the same number to which the cable is connected. When you are done, the laptop’s desktop will appear on the screen.
Connecting a laptop to a TV via HDMI is performed as follows:
- Find HDMI on your laptop. It is usually located on the left or right.
- Find the connector on the TV through which we will connect the laptop. It is located on the back panel, sometimes on the side. Remember its number, it is usually written in small print next to the connector.
- Connect laptop and TV with HDMI cable. It is the cord that acts as a connecting element.
When you have connected the cable, the connection is complete, proceed with the setup.
Instructions for connecting a laptop to a TV via HDMI
Not all modern TV models come with Smart functionality. Of course, you can “upgrade” the device by connecting a special console, but there is a cheaper and easier way. It is enough to know how to connect a laptop to a TV via HDMI.
Connecting a laptop and TV is the simplest task. Simply plug one end of the wire into a jack on your laptop and the other into a port on the back or side of the TV. What will it give? Once connected, you can watch movies, TV shows and sports broadcasts on the big screen. In fact, TV will act as a second screen. Everything that you run on your laptop is automatically transferred to the TV screen.
What to do if the resolution setting did not give the expected result. The simplest way is to press the “WinP” key combination. A window will open through which you can additionally adjust the picture quality.
Select Projector Only or 2 Screen Only. Wait for the Windows operating system service to automatically select the optimal resolution.
In some situations, the suggested recommendations do not help. After selecting a video source and adjusting the resolution, the image is still too distorted. Black bars may appear on the sides of the screen or the picture may be cut off. In this case, you need to configure the video card.
As an example, consider the optimization of the basic parameters of an NVIDIA video card:
- Click on an empty space on the desktop with the right mouse button. In the drop-down menu select the command “NVIDIA Control Panel”.
- On the left there will be a list of special functions, click on the section “Change resolution”.
- In the panel on the right, select the display, and in the lower menu, click on the “Settings” button. We select the command “Create custom permission”.
- A window appears with detailed picture settings for the large screen, which is the TV.
- At the top, change the number of pixels horizontally and vertically. Run a “Test” from time to time to check the correctness of the entered parameters. Continue until you find the optimal screen resolution.
For laptops with an ATI GPU, the setup instructions will be slightly different due to the different interfaces. However, the algorithm of actions itself is approximately the same.
There is a way to wirelessly synchronize a laptop with a TV using Intel WiDi technology. However, it is only suitable for owners of laptops with a Core i3 CPU or higher. These devices are equipped with a wireless TV connection system. Interaction will be correct only with the latest versions of TV equipment.
How to turn on Bluetooth on your TV
- Press the “setting” or “menu” key on the remote control.
- A window will appear on the screen, in it click on the “sound” button (speaker image).
- In the next section, click on the “audio output” icon.
- We see the section “external acoustics” and go to it.
- Click “ok”, after which the search for available headsets begins. Select the required gadget from the list.
- If you require a pin code, then you should look for it in the documents of the connected equipment.
IMPORTANT! Remember to turn on Bluetooth on the headset you want to connect!
Why do I need a Bluetooth connection feature on a TV
The main reason is usability. Now, to connect a laptop, you do not need to pull kilometers of wires. Also, connecting Bluetooth headphones helps you watch movies on the big screen without disturbing anyone in the household. Such a function is a more reliable and durable way to comfortably operate a TV receiver than using wires that can break, disconnect or simply stop working.
How to connect laptop to TV using Bluetooth
- Turn on TV and laptop.
- In the bluetooth settings of both devices, enable discoverable mode.
- Search your computer for a nearby Bluetooth device.
- Select your TV from the list of detected devices.
- If necessary, you need to allow the computer connection on the TV (a window will appear).
- Go to the Bluetooth menu, click “ok”.
- Switch to “on”, the technique will start the connection.
- Install PIN-CODE. We find our device in the list of detected ones and connect it.
- Enter the same pin code on the computer.
ATTENTION! Turn on bluetooth on your devices in advance so that the TV can immediately see them and connect.
How to turn on Bluetooth on your TV
We are all familiar with the Bluetooth function on the phone and we know what it is for. Not so long ago, she appeared on televisions. In this article we will analyze why it is needed, and how to connect various devices to the TV.
How to connect Bluetooth headphones
When connecting the headphones, a lot of nuances were revealed, so we will write about each manufacturer separately.
ATTENTION! If you have an LG or Samsung technique, then there may be problems when connecting bluetooth headphones. There may also be problems when connecting a non-original headset.
- Open the menu, then select “Wired and Wireless Networks”.
- Next, turn on “Bluetooth”, mark “device search”.
- TV will notify you to turn on the device.
- Then we set up the headphones. We press the button “search”.
- Make sure the headset is in pairing mode, i.e. blue is blinking. If the indicator is dark, then hold down the bluetooth / power button.
- If the TV saw your device, choose a suitable name on the screen and click “connect”.
- When the “Device Type” window is displayed, check “Headphones”.
- Open the “Bluetooth menu”.
- We mark “bluetooth headset”. Click “ok”.
- Then press the green search key.
- We are looking for the desired device, then click “ok”.
- If necessary, enter the pin-code that is indicated in the documents from the headset.
IMPORTANT! Only ORIGINAL headsets can be connected to TVs of this brand!
Alternatively, you can use the LG TV PLUS phone app and try to connect headphones using it. The only thing that this app is only for LG on webOS:
- Download the application to your phone and open.
- Then we set up the connection to the device.
- We are looking for application settings and click “Bluetooth Agent”.
- We use it to connect headphones.
- Open TV settings. Find the section “sound”.
- Click on “Speaker Settings”.
- We select the necessary headphones, first placing them nearby. We put in connection mode.
- Selecting “List of Bluetooth headphones”.
- As soon as TV finds the headset, you need to mark your device.
The above recommendations should help in solving bluetooth connection problems. If not, we advise you to contact the service center.
How to display an image from a laptop to a TV
A TV is quite often used as an external display for a laptop. This is convenient because you can watch movies and other videos on the big screen, as well as use the TV during presentations and other work activities. There are several options for how to connect a laptop to a TV: via a wire, or “over the air”. using a wireless connection. But even there are several connections using a cable.
Connecting laptop to TV via HDMI
The easiest way to connect a laptop to a TV is via HDMI. To do this, you only need to have the appropriate connectors on both devices, as well as the appropriate cable. Among the main advantages of this method of connection are convenience, the need for minimal skills, as well as a minimum of settings. The ability to watch movies in 3D is also a plus of this type of connection.
So, to display the image of your laptop on the TV screen, you need to do the following:
- Connect the devices with the required cable by inserting it into the HDMI connector;
- On the TV, select the mode of the connected device and select the number of the input where the cable is inserted;
- On a laptop, press the key combination, which consists of the Fn video switch button. Most often, this is the F8 button, but it all depends on the manufacturer of the device. Such a button should have an icon with the image of two monitors.
After completing the above steps, the TV should display the image that the laptop monitor is currently displaying. Some TV models may have multiple HDMI outputs. you can safely choose any to connect your laptop to your TV.
It may happen that the image does not appear on the screen. This may be due to the wrong input source on the TV. To rectify the situation, call up the list of signals by pressing the INPUT button on the remote control, and then select the option that corresponds to the current connection.
Another reason why the picture does not appear on the TV may lie in the laptop settings. Click on the right mouse button on a free part of the screen, and go to the “Resolution” menu. Find the “Multiple Screens” submenu. There will be a choice of options for displaying a picture, as well as a choice of possible screens, image quality and other settings.
The main reasons for connecting a laptop to a TV are:
- Using a large screen;
- Watching movies and other videos;
- Organization of presentations;
- Communication in messengers;
- Video games.
In this matter, the main sequence of actions. Only in this case can we hope for a working connection and a high-quality image. This is because each of the options below assumes certain manipulations. Before you decide to display an image from your laptop on your TV, please read the instructions carefully.
How to connect a laptop to a TV via WI-FI
You can connect a laptop to a TV without using wires and cables. This can be done wirelessly, but this will require WI-FI in both devices. If WI-FI is a usual thing in laptop computers, then TVs are often not equipped with wireless communication means. The exception is fresh models, as well as Smart TVs.
In the case of transferring an image from a laptop to a TV via WI-FI, it is necessary that both devices be connected to the same router. However, if your TV supports Wi-Fi Direct, a router connection is optional. In this case, you do not need to perform any settings, the devices will find and connect to each other on their own. So, to set up the connection, you need to configure the DLNA server. For you to be able to watch videos from your laptop, it is important to set the options so that the TV has access to the folders. The best way to connect is through the Control Panel under Network and Internet.
After the connection is configured, you need to see the list of connected devices in the TV settings. For example, on Sony TVs, you can do this by pressing the Home button and selecting the appropriate section. In LG TVs, there is a SmartShare section in the settings for connecting to peripheral devices. On models from other manufacturers, the menu sections and actions are almost identical, and it will not be difficult to find them.
How to connect laptop to TV via VGA
If your laptop does not have an HDMI connector, you can synchronize devices using the VGA connector.
The connection algorithm is as follows:
- Connect the devices with the appropriate cable;
- On TV, select a special mode of the input image by pressing the INPUT button on the remote control;
- On a laptop, activate the display on two screens by simultaneously pressing the Fn key combination the button corresponding to your laptop model.
A significant disadvantage of this type of image transmission is the lack of sound on the TV. That is, using VGA, you can only transmit a video signal, the audio will go through the laptop’s speakers or speakers connected to it. As for the video quality, the most often the transmitted image will be 1600 x 1200 dpi.
How to connect a laptop to a TV via USB
There are situations when the laptop does not work or does not have HDMI or VGA connectors at all. There is only USB and an irresistible desire to connect a laptop to a TV using this interface. It is important to say that you cannot directly connect a laptop and a TV using a USB cable from a technical point of view. Even if there is such a connector on your TV, it is intended for connecting external media, but not streaming video from a laptop. Therefore, to the question of how to connect a laptop to a TV via USB, there is only one answer. with the help of an adapter that can convert the USB signal to HDMI or VGA signal.
It is necessary that the TV has an HDMI or VGA output, otherwise, such an experiment is doomed to failure. So, first, you should purchase a converter, which on the one hand will be connected to a laptop via a USB interface, and on the other hand to a TV via HDMI or VGA interface. Select the adapter so that the presence of outputs matches the presence of connectors on your TV. It should also be noted that audio and video signals will be transmitted through the HDMI cable without problems, but through the VGA cable there will be only video, the sound will still come from the laptop.
Connecting a laptop to a TV via USB requires the following steps:
- Connect the USB cable to one of the ports on your portable device;
- Plug the other end of the wire into the USB port located on the converter. It is also possible that some converters have a built-in USB cable that cannot be disconnected. In this case, we skip this step;
- On the other side of the video adapter, connect an HDMI or VGA cable (depending on which adapter you have chosen);
- Insert the other end of the cord into the corresponding socket on your TV.
How to connect an Apple laptop to a TV
It will not be a problem to connect Apple portable equipment with a TV of the same Apple TV brand. But if you want to connect your MacBook to a TV of another brand, you will need an HDMI cable and the same connector on the TV device. By connecting both devices with a cable, the Apple laptop will recognize the TV as an external screen and will broadcast the image to both monitors. If there is no such need, then in the settings you should disable the mirror image of the video.
By connecting a laptop to a TV in any of the above ways, you are not immune to failures. It is necessary to select the correct type of connection based on the technical capabilities of the devices, as well as carefully monitor the types of cables used.
All connection methods are similar to each other, quite simple and fast. You will be able to connect your laptop to your TV without much difficulty or technical skill. It is also important to choose the right video player on a laptop in order to maximize the quality of the transmitted video for comfortable viewing.
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press CtrlEnter.
How to connect laptop to TV via vga cable
An old TV can be connected to a laptop via a VGA cable. This technology is not very good quality.
You can of course use an adapter, but this will not increase the quality. The vga input is used for analog (conventional) signals.
VDI technology behaves much better. it is a digital option. Please note that if there is no vga input on both devices (laptop and TV), then you can use a combined cable or adapter to connect.
How to set up your laptop and TV to connect
As soon as you connect the TV to the laptop with a cable, first make the settings on the TV, namely: tell him which connection to use.
In old TVs, there is no such function, only in new ones. For example, in LG it looks like this:
Now let’s set up the laptop. Click on any free space on the laptop desktop with the right mouse button or touchpad.
A menu will appear. Click on the line “screen resolution”. In theory, if there is a physical connection between the TV and the laptop, then you should immediately see the second monitor, if it is not there, then click “find”.
When it appears (second monitor), select one of two options: “duplicate these screens” (the image will be on the laptop and TV) and “display only desktop 2” (only TV will work).
Also, opposite the “screen” line, specify the parameter you need. That’s not all. there may be no sound on the TV.
Then right-click on the “speaker” icon on the taskbar and click on the line “playback devices”.
A window will appear in which you should see your “box”. Select it, click “apply” and “OK” at the bottom (you can turn off the rest of the speakers).
That’s all. This description can be said to be universal, so it is possible that you have problems during the connection process. there are enough nuances.
Sometimes it may be necessary to adjust the graphics card. To do this, be sure to download the latest version of the video card driver and, opening it, make the required changes in the section Installing multiple displays.
How this is done in NVidia, see the picture above. I have one laptop without changes in the manual mode of the video card settings to the TV did not connect.
Today, there are thousands of different models of TV and laptop computers on sale (you can also connect a tablet, a smartphone).
Therefore, the standard connection option sometimes may not work. you have to experiment, especially with old models.
Nevertheless, the problem can always be solved. There will be problems. write in the comments. here the answers usually appear quickly, sometimes instantly. Success.
How to connect a laptop to a TV
With a large TV and laptop with a small screen, many people want to connect them.
Before moving on to the description of how to connect a laptop to a TV, a little theory that will definitely benefit you.
Connecting a TV to a laptop is absolutely independent of the models. It can be like LG, Samsung TV. PanaSonyk (regular, analog, old) and a laptop from Sony, Acer, Samsung, HP or Asus. the technologies are the same.
The first thing you need to pay attention to is the inputs and outputs on the TV and laptop. this is the most important stage.
If you even have a Smart TV with WI-FI support, you can only connect the Internet without a cable.
You will not be able to play games, and the standard browser of Smart TVs itself is poor, and it is inconvenient to write from the remote control.
So, we look at the inputs and outputs. The best are HDMI and DisplayPort. they are the same “new” and accept, transmit the highest quality image and sound, and only one such cable is enough.
The dimensions of the HDMI cable for connecting a TV to a laptop are different: from 1 meter to 30. This is an important point, because if the TV screen is large, then sitting close, you will not see anything.
Also note that if there is no input or output you need in a laptop or TV to connect, you can always do it by using an adapter or combo cable: HDMI. DVI, DVI. VGA, mini HDMI. HDMI, DisplayPort. DVI, DisplayPort. HDMI and so on.
How can I connect a laptop to a TV using a DVI cable
DVI technology is of higher quality than VGA, it is digital. Today there are a large number of combo cables and adapters having one end with a vdi head.
Therefore, if you have, for example, a TV with a dvi input, and a laptop with HDMI, then you can safely use such a connection using a combo cable or adapter (some modern TVs are sold with an HDMI cable, for example Samsung. in LG no).
To see if you have a dvi input, see below what it looks like.
Samsung connectivity features
To connect a Samsung TV to a laptop via WI-FI, you should use special programs: for example, Samsung Allshare PC (Figure 3). The algorithm of actions to connect a laptop to a Samsung TV via WI-FI is as follows:
- in the settings go to the “Menu”, select the “Network” section, then “Network Settings”, where we click on the “Start” button. After the list of possible connections appears, select the network and enter the security password (if it is set);
- in the settings of a PC or laptop, go to the “Network” section and connect to the same network as the TV;
- from a personal computer, go to the browser on the manufacturer’s official website, select a model and download the Allshare PC extension for it for free. Then the program should be installed and proceed to the configuration. If both devices are connected to the same router, this will be displayed in the program menu. Combine the devices by checking the corresponding box;
- on the PC, a folder is created and indicated in the “Device List” menu, the files from which will be broadcast on the plasma screen;
- on TV go to the standard Allshare Play program. In the left side menu, select the type of media file that you want to start (for example, “music” or “video”). The program displays the available folders and the contents of the folders.
Note: As we have seen, connecting a Samsung TV to a computer via WI-FI is absolutely easy.
Sony connectivity features
To connect your laptop to a Sony TV via WI-FI, you must use the special Wi-Fi Direct program. The connection is made as follows:
- on the PC, go to the “Explorer” and select the “Network” option. After the announcement “Network discovery and file sharing is disabled” appears, right-click on it and select the “Enable” option. Access to multimedia files on your computer will be open. Then, in the message that appears, select the option “Create a private network”;
- switch the network value to “Home” in the settings;
- activate the Wi-Fi Direct program in the TV settings by clicking on the “Home” tab. By clicking on the tab marked with the suitcase icon, enter the “Network” section. It is necessary to activate the modes “Built-in Wi-Fi” and “Wi-Fi Direct”;
- go to the TV menu “Wi-Fi Direct Settings”, where we select the desired object from those available for pairing;
- connect devices.
Note: All Smart TVs from Sony are equipped with this program.
The advantage of Wi-Fi direct is that the tablet does not need the Internet to connect the plasma to a laptop / smartphone. Built-in software makes it very easy to connect your laptop to a Sony TV via WI-FI.
LG connectivity features
Smart TV from the manufacturer LG has a built-in program for broadcasting images from PC / laptop to TV. LG Smart Share. To connect your laptop to your LG TV via WI-FI, use the following algorithm:
- download the free LG Smart Share application from the official website;
- upon completion of the installation and launching the program, a window will appear in which different categories of multimedia files will be indicated (“music”, “video”, “photo”). We choose one of the categories. Immediately after that, an automatic search will be performed for all video files on the computer;
- create separate folders to make it easier to find the necessary files and open public access;
- on TV, go to the menu and select the “Smart Share” option;
- go to the “Connected devices” tab and select from the list the name of the network to which the PC is connected;
- after connecting the devices, go to “All folders” and select the multimedia file of interest.
Setting up a broadcast from a PC / laptop to a screen from the manufacturer LG is very simple and does not require a long study of the instructions. Note that LG Smart Share also works without restrictions on Smart TVs from the manufacturers described above. Sony and Samsung. The principle of operation remains unchanged. By using this application, you will significantly save both your time and money that could be spent on buying an HDMI cable.
Connecting from Windows 10
Connecting Smart TV to a computer running Windows 7/8 / 8.1 is significantly different from connecting to the latest OS. Windows 10 has a built-in transfer of multimedia files to any object over the network, as well as broadcasting to two screens at once without the help of third-party programs. You can connect devices based on the Windows 10 platform to the TV via WI-FI in the following ways:
- PC and monitor are connected to the same network;
- go to the computer control panel, select “Media streaming options” and enable the transfer option in the window that appears;
- set up the name and list of devices that have access to the network. It is worth noting that each device in the list can be configured individually;
- on TV go to the shared data folder and enjoy watching.
To broadcast the desktop to an external screen, the following settings are provided:
- press the key combination Win P, a menu will appear in which you should select one of four options for image transfer.
You can broadcast the image to the monitor even without settings: just right-click on the file and select “Transfer to device”.
How to connect a laptop to a TV via wi-fi
The increasing popularity is gaining requests on how to connect a laptop to a TV via WI-FI. We will explain how to correctly connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi without a cable and without losing image quality (Figure 1).
How to connect a laptop to a TV via DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct and WiDi
As you can see, there are a lot of methods to connect TV to a laptop via WI-FI. Tangle-free wires, awkward cables and dozens of adapters are being replaced by wireless. The most popular systems are DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct (which we wrote about earlier) and WiDi. What is the principle of their work?
- DLNA is a system that allows you to pair compatible devices and transfer content at maximum speed between them. Works on the basis of Wi-Fi connection of all devices to the same network. over, devices can be completely different: from a tablet and a smartphone, ending with an X-box set-top box and printers. Suitable for both home and work use. The already well-known LG SmartShare and Samsung AllShare work on the basis of this system. To share files, each folder is opened separately on your computer. However, by default, the server looks for files in the root folders of the My Documents group.
- Wi-Fi Direct is a system thanks to which two or more devices can directly connect to each other without an additional link. a router. It has a separate resemblance to Bluetooth, but many times higher in speed and quality of connection. Even if there is no internet, you can connect your laptop to the TV via WI-FI direct, creating a special home network.
- WiDi is a system created by Intel for transferring data from smartphones, tablets, laptops and other portable devices to the Smart TV screen. With its help, you can transmit “surround” sound and view full-format videos (Full HD). The most suitable option for home theater.
The basics of connecting a laptop to a TV
A very common question among computer users is how to connect a TV as a monitor via WI-FI. The idea of broadcasting an image from a small screen to a wide diagonal TV attracts moviegoers and gamers. Of course, buying a specialized widescreen monitor for watching downloaded movies, playing games or listening to music is unreasonably expensive. Since almost every apartment has plasma TVs, they can easily be used instead of a monitor. On a wide diagonal, the picture looks more realistic, and the viewer gets several times more emotions from viewing. However, there are not always special HDMI cables on hand for connection, and a personal computer may be located too far from the monitor. The wired connection is outdated, so we’ll explain how to connect your laptop to TV via WI-FI. You can also study our article on how it is possible to find out the password from WI-FI if you have forgotten it.