What is an Apple ID password and why it is dangerous to forget it
One of these security codes is the Apple ID password, found exclusively in Apple products from Cupertino. And unlike many other locking tools, the use of this key is mandatory, and from the very beginning of the device’s operation, that is, from the moment of its first setup.
In the first case, the user is prompted to enter a name written in Latin with the obligatory ending “@ iCloud.com”, while the password requires a combination of numeric and alphabetic characters with the obligatory use of uppercase and capital letters.
It is noteworthy that to create your Apple account it is not at all necessary to purchase a new device, because you can register on the official website appled.Apple.com, doing it completely free.
In this case, it is not at all necessary to tie up your bank card data, despite the fact that the system will request them. over, if you do not intend to use iTunes or any other paid Apple services, then it is better not to tie the card at all, since by agreeing to a 3-month free subscription to any application, its owner risks receiving an automatic withdrawal of funds after the specified period.
It should be noted that it will not be possible to do without accounting, not only at the initial stage of operation, but also in the future, since access to the AppStore and any other built-in service of the company without an Apple ID continues to be impossible.
But changing the secret code-password is quite real, and completely free of charge and as much as your heart desires. To do this, go to the “Account Management” menu and enter a new password with a mandatory duplicate confirmation, using for this purpose any synchronized device with the same ID.
How to Factory Reset iPhone Without Apple ID Password in 2021
Modern mobile devices have many levels of protection, which often make the system inaccessible not only for intruders and outsiders, but also for the owners themselves. The reason is trivial, because both old and young people can forget the entered password, especially if they are often changed to enhance the security of the gadget, which can be fraught with similar consequences. And everything would be fine, but only the number of attempts to enter the coveted cipher is limited, so you should never rush to try all possible combinations so as not to block the device.
How to solve the problem through iTunes if you forgot your password
ITunes is considered to be one of the most multifunctional devices for Apple, which helps to quickly and easily restore a locked iPhone. But it is enough just to enter the wrong code several times in a row or use the biometric scanner incorrectly for the phone to go out completely. Therefore, in such situations, it always makes sense in a PC with iTunes installed on it.
At the same time, for the recovery itself through the application, the following step-by-step algorithm of actions is provided:
- Connect the smartphone to the PC via the supplied cable.
- Try to force restart the gadget by quickly pressing the plus and minus of the volume control (relevant for models “8”, “8 Plus” and older). If you use earlier versions, such as “6s”, then it makes sense to simultaneously hold down two keys at once. “Home” and “Power / Volume”. But the activation of an extinct iPhone in almost all devices is carried out in the same way, or to be more precise, by pressing and holding the side controller for a long time.
- If the iPhone has been restored to its senses, then you should select the restore option and synchronize, along the way agreeing to save the previously made backup file copies in the device’s memory.
At the final stage, the phone is reconfigured, after which it will not hurt to write out the saved code and password in some notebook or diary, so that one not very fine day the user does not have to restore this data again.
How to Factory Reset iPhone 5, 5S, 6S, 4C, SE without Apple ID
Naturally, it is possible to change the account settings only if the information about the previous data has not been lost. In all other cases, you will have to reset the basic parameters of the smartphone or tablet to the factory settings, which is fraught with the complete loss of personal data. It is quite simple to insure yourself against such consequences, because you can always dump all information from Apple products to a PC or hard drive in time, using such a universal tool as iTunes.
As for the very algorithm of actions for resetting the settings, it is not difficult, assuming a transition to the settings menu, and then to the section “Password and Security”. For the reset itself, you will have to strain your brains and remember all the secret answers to questions, trusted phone numbers and mailboxes, as well as recovery keys that were specified by the user during registration.
It is also worth noting that you can implement your plan not only from this iPhone, but also from a device paired with it using the same Apple ID.
Things will be much more difficult if the user forgets all security questions at once, or loses access to synchronized devices operating from a shared account. Nevertheless, today even such problems are easily and quickly solved, albeit through the use of third-party software such as “Apple Support” and “Find iPhone”.
The first application is supported by Apple devices running iOS12 and later versions of the proprietary operating system. As for its use to reset user data, immediately after downloading the software from the AppStore to the gadget system, it is recommended to act in accordance with the following instructions:
- First of all, you need to go to the “Get support” section, which can be seen at the bottom of the device display.
- Next, from the entire list, select the tab “Apple ID” and “Forgot your password”.
- The next step involves clicking on the option “Another password”.
After going through the specified chain, you should reset the code, following the instructions, which may differ slightly depending on the type and model of the device. The Find iPhone program is no less effective in solving this problem, moreover, it is suitable not only for the 12th version of the operating system, but also for its earlier versions (and therefore for older devices), starting with the 9th Factory reset works in this application according to the following principle:
- Immediately after entering the software, you must make sure that the field is free of any characters. If this is not the case, then you will have to manually delete the entered data.
- Then click on the command “Forgot your ID or password?” and all the necessary reset manipulations are performed.
If the input screen remains inaccessible, then there is always the opportunity to exit and re-check the state of the field to enter the verification code. And if this time it is empty, then you can safely bring the started business to its logical conclusion.
Password recovery methods
It is worth noting that an almost identical method for recovering user information is provided when using the iCloud cloud storage service. But that’s not all, because there are a lot of life hacks for changing the password. And it is definitely worth taking a closer look at the following ones:
- Resetting the counter of incorrect password attempts.
- Using iPhone recovery mode, relevant only if the ID is known.
- Installing a new firmware using a special DFU-mode, used when the previously performed manipulations were not effective enough.
It is noteworthy that all of these recovery tools are also based on iTunes, in most cases asking for an ID. But if the user cannot boast of such a privilege, and none of the methods works, then it is necessary to check all paired devices for logging into iCloud, and also exclude the presence of activated 2-factor authentication. Alternatively, you can try to fix the problem in the following ways:
- Click on the “Forgot ID or Password” option, after going to the account page.
- Select the item “Reset password” and confirm it with the command “Continue”.
- Decide on the method of resetting data by choosing an answer to security questions or sending a confirmation to an email address.
It is also worth recalling that when requesting a recovery key, you will have to pass verification in two stages, entering not only the user-specified identifier, but also the requested key. Next, a trusted gadget is selected, the changes are confirmed using the link sent to the specified address, a reset is performed, and a new password is specified. Voila! iPhone is restored and ready for further use without the slightest threat to user security.
How to Hard Reset iPhone
The main tool for pairing iPhone with computer is iTunes. Naturally, a full reset of content and settings can be easily performed using this program, but only if the iPhone was previously synchronized with it.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable and launch iTunes. When the smartphone is identified by the program, at the top of the window, click on its thumbnail.
On the Overview tab on the right side of the window, there is a Restore iPhone button. Select her.
How to turn off Find My iPhone
Factory reset iPhone
Hard resetting your device will erase all information previously contained on it, including settings and downloaded content. This will restore it to the state it was in after purchase. You can perform a reset in different ways, each of which will be discussed in detail below.
Note that you can only zero your device using the first three methods if the Find iPhone tool is disabled on the device. That is why, before we move on to the analysis of these methods, we will consider how the protective function is deactivated.
The following method of restoring a gadget via iTunes is only suitable if the gadget was previously paired with your computer and the program. But in situations where recovery is required to be performed on someone else’s computer, for example, to remove the password from the phone, using the recovery mode is suitable.
- Unplug your phone completely and then connect it to your computer using the original USB cable. Launch iTunes. Until the phone will be detected by the program, since it is in an inactive state. It is at this moment that you will need to enter it into recovery mode in one of the ways, the choice of which depends on the gadget model:
- iPhone 6S and younger Simultaneously hold down two keys: “Home” and “Power”. Hold them until the phone screen turns on;
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus. Since this device does not have a physical Home button, it will enter recovery mode in a slightly different way. To do this, hold down the “Power” and volume down keys. Keep holding until the smartphone turns on.
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus and iPhone X. In the latest models of Apple devices, the principle of entering Recovery Mode has been quite changed. Now, to put your phone into recovery mode, press and release the volume up key once. Do the same with the volume down button. Hold down the power key and hold until the device turns on.
- The following image will indicate a successful entry into Recovery Mode:
Reset via iTunes
In order to perform a full reset iPhone through a computer using iTunes, you need to follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Connect the device using a cable to iTunes.
- Find the iPhone in the list of identified devices.
- In the window that appears, click “Restore iPhone”.
Remember that when restoring a smartphone, the process should not be interrupted in any case, since an incorrect completion will lead to the loss of the device’s performance.
Reset via settings
Now let’s talk about how to reset iPhone to factory phone state. To get started, go to the phone settings program, and then scroll down to the General tab. At the end of the list is the “Reset” item. There, the owner will have to choose whether he wants to permanently erase the information from the smartphone, or just reset the settings. Click on the selected method, and then the “operating system” will offer to copy the application files to the cloud. If the information is important, then click on “Erase after unloading”, if not, then select the “Erase” item. Then we enter the Apple account password and wait for the device to reboot.
Reset via Hard Reset
If factory reset on iPhone did not help, then there is another option for deleting user information. Hard Reset. To do this, hold down the “Home” button and the “Power” button, hold for 10 seconds and wait for the “bitten” logo to appear. For models from the eighth generation, a different principle applies:
- press the volume up button with a quick movement;
- also press the volume down key;
- hold down the power button of the device until the Apple logo appears.
There are no restrictions on the number of hard resets by the manufacturer, so the procedure is performed as needed, including to eliminate errors in software platforms and applications. This method is suitable for restoring a smartphone if after a reset the device freezes on the boot display.
Now, let’s walk you through how to completely reset iPhone and settings. At the beginning of the process, make sure that the smartphone is charged more than 30 percent so that during the reset the device does not run out of power and cause additional problems. Check if the device is jailbroken. after a reset, the smartphone may freeze on the start screen. The main thing is to save user files in the cloud, write down names and passwords, copy contacts from the phone book. Also, through iTunes, you should create a backup copy of settings and applications, so that you can quickly restore deleted information later.
To do this, run the program on your computer, go to the “File” section, open the “Devices” tab and click “Create a backup copy”.
How to Factory Reset iPhone
Apple device owners regularly look for information on how to reset iPhone settings. This solution is suitable for cases when the phone fails for no apparent reason or before the sale of the device. In the process, errors of the operating platform are removed, if necessary, user files are deleted. There will be nothing complicated in the process, it is important for owners to know how to reset iPhone to factory settings.
This feature determines the location of the device. a useful thing if the owner is worried about the safety of the phone. If you plan to sell your device, then resetting your iPhone to factory settings is not enough; you need to remove the device from the Find iPhone app. To do this, open the settings menu and go to the iCloud tab. Scroll to the item “Find iPhone”, you need to switch the switch to inactive state. Confirm with your Apple ID password. After that, wait for an e-mail with a confirmation of disabling the function.
Smartphone Recovery (Recovery Mode)
Sometimes factory reset on iPhone causes errors that the smartphone cannot cope with without the help of the owner. For such cases, the device has a built-in recovery mode, to put the phone into Recovery Mode, follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Disconnect iPhone after charging it 30-50 percent.
- Press the Home key.
- Connect your smartphone to your personal computer using a special cable. The Home key must remain in the clamped position.
- Wait for the iTunes icon and the drawn cable to appear.
- Launch iTunes on PC and find the connected device.
- In the window that opens, click the “Restore iPhone” button.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Do not disconnect the smartphone from the computer during recovery, otherwise only the masters in the service center will be able to “revive” the smartphone.
You can reset iPhone via cloud storage, without using a PC. This method is also useful if you need to restore the device after resetting all settings, but there is no backup copy on your computer. Copies to iCloud are created automatically and regularly during the charging of the gadget, if it is connected to Wi-Fi at that time, and you have not turned off the copy function.
To reset the settings via iCloud in the device menu, first perform “Erase Content” in the “Reset” subsection, then select “Restore from iCloud Copy”.
Cleaning from the device
The easiest way to clear the settings is on the iPhone. Pre-charge the device to at least 30%, do not erase content from your jailbroken smartphone this way. you will get a non-working device. Do not forget to create a backup in iTunes before doing a hard reset. this will help you quickly return all personal data to the device, except for installed applications and music.
In the menu, open the sub-item “Basic-Reset”.
You will see several options for the procedure:
- Reset all settings. all system parameters will be returned to factory defaults, including set alarms and application settings, user content remains. Helps with downed OS parameters.
- Content and Settings. System settings and all user’s multimedia data are deleted. The device turns out “out of the box”, the method is suitable for pre-sale preparation of the device. just check that the Apple ID profile is logged out.
- Network. the parameters of connection to cellular networks, Wi-Fi, VPN, their logins and passwords are cleared. Helps with problems with signal reception and data transmission.
- Keyboard dictionary. clears words entered by the user from the autocorrection list.
- Home screen. returns the original view of the desktop by arranging the icons of branded applications in their places.
- Geolocation. removes all software permissions and prohibitions on the use of geolocation information.
How to Factory Reset iPhone
Sometimes it is useful to clean up the inside of your smartphone. especially if it does not work properly at times, you want to sell the gadget, or you recently bought it from your hands. For such cases, Apple has provided several types of cleaning. Let’s figure out how to reset iPhone to factory settings depending on the situation.
Cleaning through iTunes
There are two types of factory reset via iTunes for iPhone. updating with a clean firmware or downloading a previously saved copy. Any of them requires sufficient charging of the gadget. at least 70%. The first option will help to erase content and settings, you will get a clean device with fresh firmware. The method helps well with major system crashes, freezes and reboots. How to reset iPhone to factory settings via iTunes:
- Launch iTunes on your computer, connect the gadget with a cable.
- On the top bar, select the connected device.
- Open the “Overview” tab, on the right next to the iOS version, click on “Restore”.
How To Factory Restore/Reset/Erase Your iPhone to Sell
The program will download the latest OS version to iPhone or iPad, restore factory settings.
If you don’t want to lose all of your personal content, update your iPhone 5, 6, or other model with a pre-made backup. The device will remain in working order, it will be possible to throw off only the changes that were made after the moment of backup. How to restore a gadget from a copy:
- In the iTunes menu, open the “File” menu, subsection “Devices” and select the function “Recover from a copy”.
- Specify the save that you want to use for recovery.
We recommend that you regularly create working copies of the device, then in case of problems, we can easily reset the latest changes and return a copy to the gadget, where all contacts, photos, notes, messages and iPhone settings are stored.
Full hard reset
Hard reset iPhone is not an easy procedure that completely returns the factory settings to the gadget. It will help in cases where you have forgotten your digital password or pattern, you cannot turn off Find My iPhone. But you still cannot hack the found smartphone. if its owner has activated the search function on the Apple website, then even after a full flashing you will need a password from his Apple ID.
Return iPhone to factory settings and unlock the password using Recovery mode:
- Turn off the device. hold the power key until the shutdown slider appears.
- Press and hold the “Home” button, at this time connect the device with a cable to the PC.
- The iTunes icon will appear on the display. you have entered Recovery. Release “Home”.
- Open iTunes and Run iPhone Reset via Recovery Procedure.
When finished, disconnect the wire and restart the gadget.
In case of serious problems with the system, another bootloader mode. DFU will help. In it, a complete reinstallation of the system occurs. There are several options on how to reset and how to reset iPhone to factory settings in DFU mode:
- Press the shutdown and Home buttons at once, hold them for 10 seconds, press the shutdown button, and hold the Home button until the power-on sound appears.
- Hold the shutdown button for 3 seconds. Without releasing it, press “Home” for 10 seconds, then release the power.
- For iPhone 7 and 7: actions as in option 2, only instead of “Home”. the volume down key.
When you enter DFU mode, the device screen will remain blank, as in a disabled state. Launch iTunes and perform a deep restore, all system parameters will be reset. The process will take about 10 minutes, then you can reactivate the device or upload a backup.
We figured out how to remove all user settings and clean up the system. Resetting an iPhone 5s or other model, iPad is easy, the main thing is to carefully follow the instructions. Do not forget to create backup copies of your smartphone, then in case of any malfunctions you will lose a minimum of important information.
How to Reset iPhone 4, 5, 6, 7
If you have problems with your iPhone, then before contacting the service center, you should try to reset the settings yourself.
Why do a factory reset on iPhone
Hard reset often helps with the following problems:
Reset iPhone 7
To reset the seventh iPhone, you need to simultaneously hold down the Power and Volume Down buttons. Keep holding them until the iPhone reboots and shows the bull’s-eye on the screen. When the Apple logo appears, release both keys.
After that, you should see the initial settings screen. Now you need to set up your iPhone from scratch, as you did after purchase: unlock the device, select a language, country, WI-FI network, etc.
18 responses to “How to reset iPhone 4, 5, 6, 7”
Thank you very much, I wanted to carry it to the repair, but thanks to this article, everything returned to its place right at home. Thank you very much PS: on 5s everything happens much faster, about 5-7 seconds
I am blocked what to do no access to mail
Hello dear people! I have an iPhone 4s and jailbreak it (on ios6.1.3). Then I installed “Fake iOS 4.1.2” Tweak in the jail and the phone does not work. It turns on, the broken apple lights up (ios6 logo), so for 15 seconds and a recovery bar appears. As it reaches about 79%, it goes out, the logo is barely visible, and later the screen goes out even more. And all the mess in a new way. No laptop / PC. Cho to do?
thank you i’m sooooo thankful thank you
Please tell me if I forgot the password on the iPad from iCloud with a hard reset, what will happen ?! will require the same password
I myself am not very good at recovering and forgotten passwords yet. But Apple’s website has a procedure for recovering Apple ID using a device. Try it: https://iforgot.Apple.com/ru/password/verify/appleid#!section=password However, I don’t know if your iPad has a SIM card. There the number asks for.
Hi I have an iPhone 4c Writes iPhone Disconnected repeat after 25 557 324 min What to do?
I have a locked iPhone 5s, how do I reset it to factory settings? Answer please
How exactly is it blocked? if blocked via iCloud, then either remember the password, or (if you don’t remember or the iCloud account is not yours) send an unlock request to Apple and attach a purchase receipt. Here we wrote about it: How to unlink iPhone from iCloud Last paragraph
How to reset it to the standard settings if I do not remember the restrictions password?
Hello. Need help. I entered the wrong password more than once. Now the phone is turned off and writes to connect to iTunes, but this is not possible. Clamping the buttons home and turning on did not give any results. Help me please. It is desirable that all files remain on the phone.
After I clicked to update the iPhone 5s To 12 iOS, I first began to hang, then lag altogether. I rebooted and the screen just stopped responding buttons. work but the touch pad simply does not respond. can’t unblock. connected to iTunes. asks to unlock to continue. help, maybe there are a couple of tips. I tried to reboot through the clamping home and the power button.
When you reset the settings, are the pictures deleted?
Hello, I forgot the unlock password. Blocked it. There is no computer at the moment. How can I reset the settings?
Factory reset via iTunes
Before starting the procedure, take a look and make sure that you have a new version of the program installed. Click on “Settings”, click on “iCloud” and turn off iPhone search. To complete the operation, you need:
- Open a program on your PC.
- Using the cord that came with the purchase of the phone, connect the iPhone to the computer.
- When prompted for a password, follow the further instructions that will appear on the screen.
- Click on the “iPhone” device when it is highlighted in the iTunes application.
- Go to the “Overview” tab, find the name of your smartphone on the right (Example: iPhone 7).
- Click on “Restore iPhone“, then click this button again.
- The device will reboot and the latest version of the operating system will be installed.
Typical factory reset problems
There are some reasons you can run into. When a person does not succeed in something, he immediately begins to panic, so read the possible reasons.
- Insufficient memory while performing update. It is very easy to avoid it: you will need to delete music, games, applications that you do not need.
- Outdated version of iTunes. As mentioned earlier, you need the latest version of the program before resetting the settings, otherwise there may be problems with the procedure.
- Problems with USB cables. To do this, leave only the USB plugs from the keyboard, mouse in the computer. The problem must be resolved.
- Some kind of breakdown in the phone’s microcircuit that needs to be replaced only at the repair center.
How to reset iPhone if you forgot your password?
It is worth saying right away: if you did not have a backup copy of your data before you forgot your password, then you will not be able to restore anything.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer. Go to iTunes. (Password will not be prompted if you have already signed in from this computer)
- Wait for the copy to be created and saved in iTunes.
- After everything is done, click on “Restore”.
- During this process, you will have a dialog box in which you need to click on “Restore from a copy of iTunes”.
- Choose your device. Click on the backup that suits you best by date. iPhone will delete all of its settings and you can set a new password.
Reset settings on iPhone I can’t sign in I don’t know the Apple ID password
This is not a problem in this case. The action is easily reversible if the phone is yours. There are two options for solving this problem.
- By email. (Go to iCloud, after which you need to click “Forgot Apple ID or password?” You will need to fill in the Apple ID field in the field, in short, the mailbox. Click on “Reset by e-mail”. To your mail (which was indicated), a letter will come. Follow the link and in the window that opens, click “Reset password”, then enter a new password.!
- Answer the questions. Proceed in exactly the same way as with e-mail until the moment where you need to choose a recovery method. Click “Answer Security Questions”. Fill in your date of birth, then answer two security questions. Write a new password and confirm your action. Everything, you changed your password.
TIP: make sure the email comes from an official Apple address.
Resetting the settings to Recovery Mode
You can try a method where your phone is unresponsive or won’t start at all. To reset the settings, you need:
- Disconnect iPhone in any available way.
- Hold down the Home button.
- Connect via USB cable, while holding the “Home” button.
- You will have a blue circle labeled iTunes. If you do not have it, repeat the procedure.
- Launch iTunes and make sure the iPhone is now in recovery mode, then confirm the action.
You can exit the program as follows:
- Disconnect from the computer by removing the plug from the connector.
- Turn off the power of the phone using the “Power” button.
- Use the same button to turn it on.
The phone should work like new.
Easiest Way to Reset iPhone Settings
You can do this all through the settings of the phone itself. If you have an iPad or iPod, you can do it the same way. But keep in mind that your iPhone must be officially jailbroken. If you have a locked model, then do not reset in any case! You can easily check the phone status by the operator’s IMEI code. You can find it:
- At the bottom of the phone cover where the manufacturer of the phone is written.
- In phone. To do this, go to “Settings”, go to “General”, then “About device” and go to the tab “IMEI”.
- On the phone box.
Then you need to go to the IMEI.info website and enter the code there. Next, you will be told whether the phone is “clean” or not. Clean means that the smartphone has not been stolen or blocked. This is what “unlocked” means. So, here’s how to reset iPhone:
- Make sure the battery charge is above 80% before starting.
- Find the “Settings” section and go to it.
- Then open the “Basic” tab and scroll to the very bottom.
- There you will find the “Reset” column. By clicking on it, you will be offered a list of what you can reset (Network settings, keyboard, settings “Home”, warnings of the location “All settings”, “Erase content and settings.” Select “Erase content and settings”.
You will see a window where you will have to confirm the operation. Please note that media files, music, games, applications will be deleted without a trace, so you need to save them in backup copies. After that, the smartphone will turn off for a few minutes, after which it will work again. During activation, you need a Wi-Fi or computer internet connection in the iTunes application. The iPhone will offer you two options:
- Set up your phone like new.
- Set up your phone from backups.
If you choose the first item, then it will be as after purchasing from a cellular salon. If you choose the second, then your data will remain on it. The choice is at your discretion.
In case of loss of the device, it is possible to remotely delete confidential data using the “Find iPhone” function.
A feature present in any iPhone from the fourth. It works without restrictions only with the original software. No direct interaction with the device itself is required.
- Log in to iCloud.com. enter your Apple ID and passcode;
- Go to the “Find iPhone” section and confirm the actions by re-entering the password;
- Select the device from which the data will be deleted;
- Click on the “Erase” button;
- Confirm your intentions by filling in the access code in the appropriate box.
When carrying out an operation, encrypted information is deleted even on a non-bearing device (turned off or discharged, with GPS turned off, or in Airplane mode). As soon as the smartphone connects to the Internet, the Apple server will send the appropriate commands to format the data.
The utility is suitable for recovering iOS locked bypassing the system’s protective measures. This will help you reset the system if you lose your passcode.
After installing the program on your computer:
- Connect smartphone to computer.
- Open utility.
- Download the latest iOS firmware.
- Run “Start Unlock”.
You can not disconnect the device during the data reset process.
The process takes about three minutes. The program completely formats data, deleting statistics, ID and Face ID, all passwords and unlock code. It is impossible to recover data after that.
ICloud cloud storage
The Apple owner is allocated 5 GB of cloud storage for free. For a successful procedure, you need to provide a stable mobile Internet or Wi-Fi.
- Open “Settings” and go to “iCloud”;
- activate the “Backup” option;
- select “Backup to iCloud”;
- confirm the process by selecting “Create a backup”.
You can clean the iPhone through iTunes, here’s how to do it correctly:
- First, you need to connect your smartphone to your computer using a USB cable;
- Now you need to turn on and unlock your smartphone to determine the iOS version by the system;
- After recognizing the device, the program will require disabling the Find iPhone function;
- By default, the program will offer to restore data from a previously saved copy. refuse, because you need a complete cleaning of the iPhone.
- Start the procedure by clicking the “Restore iPhone” button.
Quit all services
Before restarting the gadget globally, you need to log out (unlink) from all user accounts in:
- iCloud, iTunes, App Store. to restrict access to encrypted personal data of the user, saved settings and documents;
- iMessage and Face Time. to avoid problems with the exchange of SMS and video calls;
- Messaging apps (VK, FB, Instagram, Viber, WhatsApp and others). their notifications can interfere with the data reset process.
Before resetting system settings, you need to back up your personal data using the following methods: