On a Samsung phone
In this gadget, you should find a section with Applications. It is required to find third-party software and click on the icon of each one in turn. The user is in the settings, and he has to click on the option to transfer information to the SD card.
The selected file will be automatically transferred to the memory card. By doing this, unused information objects can be removed, such as:
- Audio and video recordings;
The transfer of these objects is allowed to be carried out in one of two ways. an explorer on the phone or PC. In the first case, you need to download a special file manager from a special portal. In the second case, the device is connected to the PC via a USB cable. In two situations, you should choose a place to transfer information.
How to clear system memory on Android?
If such a smartphone is available, in the process of improving the operation of the application, it should be transferred to a special memory card. Such manipulation is carried out in the section with settings.
How to clean Android phone memory via computer?
If the gadget displays a message that the resources of the Samsung smartphone are full of garbage, you will have to act when deciding how to clear the internal memory of an Android phone through the utilities downloaded on the PC.
A lot of special software for smartphones has been developed, the user can easily choose the right option for himself. One of the most popular is the All in one application. After downloading, a person must perform the following actions:
- The program starts.
- Cleaning is selected and scanning will start.
- A list of what can be removed is displayed. software leftovers, temporary files or cache.
If you have any questions. let us know Ask a question
If you go to the Advanced section, your attention will be offered an operation to clear the search engine history.
It should be remembered that as a standard external storage device you can operate through a computer. In order to transfer information objects to a folder during the unloading of the android, you will need to perform the following manipulations:
- Smartphone connects to PC via USB cable;
- You should wait a little while the program installs the necessary drivers;
- Explorer opens on the PC and navigates to the content on the smartphone.
You need to remove those files that are not involved in the maintenance process. If you clean the space with the help of software, you will be able to use the gadget fully, with all the built-in options.
How to clear internal phone storage on Android
How to clear the memory of an Android phone is a question that arises among smartphone owners. If the memory gets clogged, a special cleaning operation is indispensable. This problem occurs in a situation where there is a desire to install software, download programs or obtain information sources.
The article provides information on how to remove information garbage from the used gadget. If you follow these tips, you can speed up your device and the applications you use from your computer.
Discussing the topic of freeing up the internal resources of a Samsung device, it should be noted that information can be transferred not only to a PC, but to the system cloud storage. This is the right place to collect and store unwanted photos or other content.
Checking the amount of free memory on Android
When a notification appears about insufficient internal memory, the question arises: how much memory is available, how much of it is occupied?
You can check the free space through the settings of your mobile phone. To do this, go to Settings. Options. Memory (Settings. Device Maintenance. Storage. Storage settings. Device memory). We carefully study the data, paying attention to the following figures:
- Total space. Android internal storage
- System memory. the minimum amount of space reserved for system operation
- Available space. how much space is left in the internal memory.
Accordingly, if the built-in memory is not enough, you need to increase the memory on the phone to the size of System memory so that the system does not give a corresponding error.
In the next chapters, I will show you how to clean internal memory on Android.
How to increase memory on Android manually
Any file manager is suitable for manually clearing the phone memory. We recommend ES Explorer or Total Commander.
Be careful and only delete unnecessary user files in the internal Android memory that you created / copied yourself.
So, open the file manager, go to the root of the internal memory, start looking for and delete unnecessary.
What files are desirable to delete (transfer to a memory card) in the first place:
- Photos, videos, recordings on a voice recorder and other documents saved not on SD, but in the internal memory;
- Documents received by mail or through social networks (most often they are saved in the Download folder);
- E-books and other files saved by third-party applications to the device memory;
- Contents of folders DCIM, bluetooth, sounds.
We use Storage Analyzers (for clarity)
For clarity, we recommend using the Files Go application or any other storage analyzer for Android, which will show which files take up the most disk space and where they are located in the form of a diagram. Among these applications, we note:
Removing the application cache
In some cases, the application cache takes up an unreal amount of space in the phone’s memory.
- You can find out exactly how much a particular application consumes through the Settings. Apps section.
- In the list of installed applications, click on the item of interest.
- Check the used space in the Storage section.
- To clear the cache, click the Clear Cache button of the same name.
Removing apps from Android system memory
Surely there are applications installed on your phone that hang like a dead weight and are not used for their intended purpose. Their size can reach hundreds of megabytes (including the cache).
You can remove useless programs through the standard Application Manager: Options. Settings. Application Manager (Settings. Apps).
In Android 8, it is convenient to use the free FIles Go utility to calculate unnecessary applications. For other OS versions, it is available for download via Google Play.
How to remove unneeded applications in FIles Go:
- Go to the section Unused apps,
- Sort apps by modification date or size,
- To uninstall, mark unnecessary programs with checkmarks and click Uninstall.
How to Clear Cache on Android Samsung
How to clear the cache on Android Samsung Galaxy every smartphone owner should know. With a clogged memory, the phone will start to slow down, that is, its performance will decrease significantly. In this article, we will consider the question. how can you clear the cache of applications and the browser.
Manual cache cleaning
Basically, messengers and social networking applications, for example, Viber or. clog the cache. While watching videos, pictures and listening to music, it is saved in the phone memory. It is recommended to periodically clear the cache by deleting unnecessary files from the presented applications.
There are many useful utilities on Google Play that optimize the Android system by clearing memory. But, not in all cases the installation of these programs is required. The user can use the standard methods by referring to the settings. Manual cleaning instructions:
- Go to options.
- Find the “Application Manager” tab.
- Select a specific application.
- On the next page, you can familiarize yourself with the basic information, which indicates how much internal memory the program takes, etc.
- Then go to the “Memory” tab and select “Clear cache”.
The next option, which explains how to clear the cache on Samsung, involves resetting the phone’s settings. Please note that this procedure will completely delete all information on the device. If you do not want to lose data, then it is recommended to set up a backup. Just go to the settings and in the “Backups” section, log into your Google account and follow the instructions from the system.
To perform a factory reset, you must:
- Go to settings.
- Select the item “Archive and reset”.
- Click on “Reset data”.
- The system will show a warning that all information will be deleted, and will show the applications where your account is valid.
Confirm the procedure and wait for the device to reboot.
Cache cleaning applications
You can also install a special application that will provide more options for cleaning up memory. Among the popular utilities on Google Play, the following are highlighted:
- SD Maid. The app will delete unnecessary files and clear the device cache. The developers have provided a wide list of features and an intuitive interface. To get access to all the functionality, you will have to pay 3.5.
- The utility is free, and with its help you can get rid of unnecessary information on your phone. The user can run a scan of the cache, smartphone memory, browser history, etc. Upon completion of the procedure, CCleaner will show some recommendations and offer to perform cleaning. It will also show installed applications that take up too much space in the cache storage.
Thus, the described programs provide the ability to manage Samsung applications.
Clearing browser cache
To clear the cache in a mobile browser, you do not need to access third-party applications or go to settings. Usually, this function is standard in the settings of the web browser itself. Instructions:
- Open your browser and go to the menu section.
- Then select the “History” tab.
- Click on “Clear”.
- An additional menu will open, where you need to go to the main parameters section and put a tick on all the items, as indicated in the image below.
- Then you need to specify the time period. That is, tell the system how long it takes to clean. Select “All the time” and click on “Delete data”.
Also, you can erase absolutely all information from the browser by going to the “Additional” section and ticking the other items.
You also need to do with the shared cached data:
- Open the “Settings” application;
- There select “Storage”;
- Scroll down to the Cached Data option;
- Click on the cached data option to delete it.
In some OS versions, the “Optimize” button located in the device maintenance section will help us.
How To Free Up Space IN SAMSUNG Phones.
This method will help you free up enough internal Android memory in case it is full of hidden files.
Factory reset Android phone
The most effective (and radical) way to clear your phone’s memory of hidden files is to factory reset your device. Thanks to him, you can restore the state of your phone to baseline. Reset removes all user-installed applications, files, pictures, video documents, and other data collected while using the phone. Doing so does not remove the latest Android version and keep the latest updates. Before performing a reset, we recommend that you copy all important files from your phone to another carrier in order to avoid losing them.
The way to delete files from the.thumbnails folder on Android
The thumbnails folder contains thumbnails of photos and other media files. Working with these thumbnails allows you to speed up the phone’s work with thumbnail tiles when the user is viewing the photos he has. Over time, gigabytes of such files accumulate in the.thumbnails folder, which are usually simply not needed.
Find this folder (it is located in the DCIM directory) and delete its contents. This will help clear the memory on your Android if it is clogged with invisible files for some reason.
Removing cached data to clear smartphone memory from invisible files
As you use more and more apps on your phone, they create cache files. The latter are unnecessary files and take up a lot of space. Depending on the frequency and usage patterns of specific applications, the size of cached files for some programs can be tens of megabytes. There is also another type of cached data that is stored on your phone and does not belong to a specific application.
You can easily delete the two listed types of cached data.
Clearing the contents of the Download folder
Every Android phone has a download folder that stores everything you download from the Internet. Such a folder can sometimes take up a lot of space, because whenever we need to download any media or APK files, we just download them, install them, and then forget about them. Thus, a lot of files can accumulate in this folder, slowing down the work of our phone.
To clear Android memory of unnecessary files, do the following:
- Launch your file manager (a program for viewing the contents of the phone’s memory);
- Go to Internal storage and find the “Download” folder there;
The data stored in this folder is often hidden data that goes unnoticed.
Using third party apps to clear clogged memory
Remove unnecessary applications and clear their cache
In the same section with applications. see how much space each takes up. All information about this is displayed here, including how much space the cache takes.
Delete the ones you rarely use, you can always download them again from Google Play. If you don’t want to delete, you can only erase the cache.
Interesting! Also, if you often use the browser, clear its cache and history, they often take up quite a lot of space.
- Removes trash
- Optimizes work
- File management
- File transfer functions
- Various wallpapers
- and other cool features
How to clear memory on Android
In 99% of cases, the most space is occupied by the application cache and from the browser. Therefore, you should first watch them. For example, the same telegram can take up to 10 GB in the cache, the same applies to and Viber.
A functional and fast cleaning application for smartphones and tablets. Has a simple and intuitive interface in Russian. All the tools you need to make your devices run faster.
- Phone optimization
- Different cleaning modes
- Hibernation of programs
- System information
- File management
Removing unused applications and files
In Android 8 and higher. click on the “Free up space” button. Information will be displayed which unused files will be deleted and, if any, unused applications. Click on the button. “Release”. This will remove old downloads, unused files.
Additionally, see the “Files” section. how much space they take up. Go into it and delete what you will not use.
We use special applications
One of the most popular applications for cleaning Android and, in general, improving the performance of a smartphone or tablet. It works very quickly and allows you to make high-quality cleaning.
- Clear memory
- Speed up the work of the device
- Application uninstall function
- View energy consumption by each program and game
- Shows the state of the RAM
Clearing the browser cache
As you use the device, the cache is accumulated in Internet browsers. You can clear it in a couple of clicks (take Google Chrome as an example):
- open the desired browser and click on the ellipsis located at the top of the screen;
- in the section that opens, click on the “History” button;
- click “Clear history”;
- further in the “Basic settings” section, check the boxes next to all the items (history, cache, cookie);
- it remains to adjust the “Time range”. You can clear the cache for the last 24 hours or completely. Click on the value “All the time”, then tap on the button “Delete data”.
Upon completion of the procedure, the browser cache will be cleared. In addition to the actions performed, you can clear information about the operation of the application, including saved logins and passwords. For this:
- click on the “Additional” button;
- put a checkmark in front of all the items;
- click on the blue button “Delete data”.
Attention! After clearing the cache in the browser, some pages will take a little longer to launch. This problem will disappear after the first boot.
There are several ways to clear cache on Android Samsung. The options below apply to most Samsung Galaxy phones, including:
- J7 and newer;
- A51 and newer;
- S8 and newer.
The bulk of the cache is collected in messengers, video hosting and other applications that we often use (for example, VK, Viber, etc.). Therefore, further on how to delete files manually:
- in the settings, open the “Application Manager”;
- select the required application;
- a page will open with information about how much memory the program takes up;
- then open “Memory” and click on the “Clear cache” button.
This was a selective cleaning method. If you need to delete the cache from all applications, you can also do it manually:
- in the phone settings, go to the item with optimization;
- at the bottom of the screen, click “Memory” (or “Storage”);
- click on the ellipsis in the upper right corner, then go to “Memory settings”;
- on the page that opens, find “Cached data” and clear it.
Clearing the cache will start, after which there will be a lot of free space on the phone.
Cleaning through apps
- run Clean Master (or any other similar utility);
- click on the “Start” button;
- check the boxes next to “Unnecessary cache”. The system will start scanning and identify files that can be deleted without affecting the device’s performance;
- click “Clean up trash”;
- in addition to these actions, you can expand the “Clear ” tab and select “Sketches”;
- press “Empty trash” again.
Garbage cleaning allows you not only to get rid of unnecessary cache, but also to keep all programs in an optimal state. As with the browser, some applications may take longer to turn on when launched for the first time.
How to Clear Cache on Android Samsung
Cache is a hidden section of memory on a smartphone that stores files that are later used by the OS and applications to quickly perform operations. Each program creates a cache upon installation, the volume of which increases with the use of the phone. One application (for example, a browser) can store a cache ranging in size from 1 MB to 5-6 GB. This means that periodically the smartphone needs to be cleaned of unnecessary files. This article will show you how to clear the cache on your Samsung Galaxy tablet and phone.
Cleaning through recovery
If you decide to remove the cache due to any failures, then their reason may be in the unstable operation of the operating system. The most effective way is cleaning through recovery.
It should be noted that in this case, the cache will be cleared from all installed programs, including factory software and updates. Follow the procedure only if the other methods did not help.
- Turn off your phone.
- You will need to go to the recovery menu. To do this, hold down the “Home” key, as well as the volume up and power-on buttons. The combination depends on the device model.
- Pressing the volume down button, find the “Wipe cache partition”. Then click on the power key to select it.
- Automatic cache clearing starts.
- Upon completion of the procedure, click on the inscription “Reboot system now” to reboot the device.
Note! We recommend that you clear the cache every time you update your operating system. This not only helps to get rid of unnecessary garbage, but also prevents the possibility of problems with the software.
Also in the recovery menu there is a “Wype data / Factory reset” button. By clicking on it, you can return your phone to factory settings. At the same time, all games, programs and cache you installed will be deleted from memory. If the information contained in the phone is important to you, do not press this key and strictly follow the instructions described above.
If you need to clear the cache from 2-3 programs, the easiest way is to do it manually in the phone settings. If you are going to clean up system files, we recommend that you follow these steps with extreme caution. Do not press unfamiliar buttons in the recovery menu, as this will lead to serious consequences (up to returning to the factory settings).
How to clear manually?
If you do not want to resort to the help of third-party programs, or you do not have free space for installation, then you can clean it manually. After all the procedures, the phone will work much faster:
- cleaning browser and application cache;
- deleting messages;
- removal of old and unnecessary applications;
- cleaning files stored on the phone (photos, videos, etc.).
All steps will take longer than cleaning with the app, but the result will be much better.
System monitoring in Android Assistant
This program is included in the top Play Store and has a fairly wide list of functions:
- A process manager that lets you manage running applications in a couple of taps.
- Continuous monitoring of the system. The option provides the user with information about the state of memory, system load, battery temperature and other useful things.
- App 2 SD option allows installed programs to be quickly moved from internal to external memory.
- Ability to view a list with applications that start automatically when the gadget is turned on, as well as disable them.
- Clear phone memory from unnecessary files by pressing one button.
Clearing the internal memory of the Android phone. it’s good to know
If the phone memory is full, then you need to free up space. Removing cached data filling spaces will help keep your Android running smoothly. You can clean Android from garbage manually or using special cleaning apps.
Do I need to clean?
How do you know if your phone / tablet needs this procedure? The first indirect sign is a decrease in productivity. If the technical side of the phone is completely serviceable, then the point is in the cluttering of RAM and ROM.
You can also verify this using the built-in applications. This can be done in different ways on different devices. Each device has a standard file manager, which indicates the size of all files on the internal memory. Knowing the total amount of ROM on the phone, it is easy to understand when the internal storage is completely clogged.
How to free up storage space on All Samsung Galaxy phones
Now you know how to clean the phone via a computer, via USB, how to view statistics on memory usage, how to delete the cache using standard and third-party programs. At least one of the methods will definitely be suitable for you, so you can bring your device into full operation and serviceability!
How to clear Android internal memory from junk
A very large amount of memory on any device is occupied by garbage. In order to keep the amount of free space under your control, it is necessary to periodically clean the system of such files. The easiest way to do this is with the help of special software. Clean Master.
Garbage means the cache of Internet pages, running applications and their remains after uninstallation. Over time, such garbage accumulates and not only becomes the reason for filling the internal memory of Android, but also negatively affects the performance of tablets and smartphones.
Clean Master is a very convenient and multifunctional tool for cleaning the internal memory of Android from garbage and optimizing the device. To use it, you need to install this application and select the menu item. “Trash”. Then click on the “Clear” button. The algorithms of the program will analyze the memory and find those files that can be deleted.