Key features of iCloud on iPhone
Cloud storage provides its users with a wide and varied functionality:
- To begin with, all data on the iPhone of various models is regularly backed up to the cloud storage in order to avoid data loss in the event of a critical error on the device, as well as when it is lost or stolen.
Important! Initially, the user has 5 gigabytes of free storage space, but if necessary, you can expand it by purchasing a paid subscription or clearing the already filled volume
- The data will be available for any device that is linked to this Apple ID. For example, as soon as you take a picture on iPhone 4s, it will also appear on iPhone 4 / 4s, 5 / 5s, 6 / 6s, 7. This is suitable for those who do not like to copy a large amount of information.
- ICloud storage will also help the user to find a stolen or lost iPhone using the “Find my phone” function by determining its location on a map.
The main benefits of iCloud cloud storage are:
- Its variability and adaptability for new versions of the IOS operating system.
- Absolutely free creation on any device of the “apple company”.
- Banner link.
- Lack of any advertising.
- You can enter it using a personal email address.
It is worth noting that this application greatly simplifies the life of Apple users. Now all that remains is to figure out how to change Apple ID on the iPhone of various models from “four” to “seven”
Change iCloud account on iPhone 4 / 4s, 5 / 5s, 6 / 6s, 7
To expand the capabilities of the service, you need to know all the nuances of working with it on various devices. Therefore, in this article, we will take a closer look at how to create iCloud on iPhone 4 / 4s, 5 / 5s, 6 / 6s, 7 to fully unleash their potential.
After the user has registered in the cloud service and created his own unique email account “@ iCloud.com” or Apple ID, he can indicate it on any device as follows:
- Connect your smartphone to the Internet.
- After that, open the settings by clicking on the gear widget.
- Open the “Mail addresses” section in the settings.
- The next step is to mark the addition of a new user.
- Select “iCloud” in the menu that appears.
- Then enter the data specified during registration.
After doing these manipulations on your iPhone 4 / 4s, 5 / 5s, 6 / 6s, 7, you will enter the cloud storage, and regular data backups will begin on your device, whatever it may be.
Now let’s figure out how to replace the iCloud account
When buying a new device, the user will need to transfer all existing data from the old device so as not to collect contacts, multimedia and document again.
Avoiding lengthy file copying will help a backup copy of chats and other files to iCloud, which, when entering data on a new device, will automatically download all user files to the new iPhone.
To replace your iCloud account, you will need to perform several steps:
- The first three points are identical to those described above.
- Next, you will need to click on the “Change account” button.
- After that, enter the new iCloud account details and confirm them.
This completes the process of changing Apple ID and iCloud data, and you can fully unleash the capabilities of your iPhone, from model 4 to model 7 inclusive, without fear for the safety of your personal data and the abundance of files on your new device.
Thus, we see that changing the Apple ID and iCloud user is not a serious problem and can be done by the user himself. If you follow the instructions carefully, it will not take much time, and you can immediately use your new device.
Deleting an account
If the user has multiple accounts, he may need to delete some iCloud account associated with the iPhone or iPad in order to change it to a different account and get a new “iCloud” in “iPhone”. This process can be difficult if you forget your password.
To do this, you will need to do the following:
- Go to Settings on the device. General and then About to confirm the system parameters.
- Go to iCloud Settings and then Find My iPhone. Hold down the Find My iPhone button and then press and hold on Delete Account.
- A dialog box should appear with three options, namely Save to iPhone, Undo, and Delete from iPhone. In this case, click “Delete”.
- Then click “Find my iPhone“. If a pop-up window opens asking for a password, click “Cancel”.
- After that, you will need to go to settings and then delete the iCloud name without clicking on Done.
- Then you will need to hold the button to turn off the device.
- Turn on the device and then click “iCloud Settings”.
- Click “Delete your account”.
Next, you can try changing your iPhone account. It’s a simple process.
- Open Settings on iPhone and tap iCloud.
- Go down, and then click “Sign out” or “Delete account and confirm again.
- Enter your Apple ID password. to delete it, and then decide what to do with other data, you can save or delete it.
- Enter your new Apple ID password, then select the iCloud services you want to enable.
- Go to the menu and select “System Preferences”.
- In the settings menu, select the iCloud option.
Resetting a lost password
Very often a user has a situation when he has forgotten the password from “iCloud” on the “iPhone“, and does not know what to do. If the user cannot recover the backup password, the only option is to regain control of the device. erase all data and then restore system from iCloud. This requires:
- Open “Settings” on the device.
- Click on your name and then on iCloud.
- Go to Backup.
- Turn on the switch, then press “Back”.
- Create backups. This may take a long time depending on the amount of data backed up and your internet bandwidth. You may need to leave the device overnight. If so, make sure it is plugged in. Remove the system, then restore it from a backup.
- Open “Settings” “General” “Reset” “Erase all content and settings”.
- After erasing the data, restore it from a backup.
- When the device reboots after erasing, an assistant will be launched that will guide the user through the necessary legalization steps.
Cloud cleaning app
IPhone and iCloud use third-party apps to permanently erase data. The best option for this is iSkysoft Data Eraser for Mac and Windows users. It allows people to delete all data stored on iPhones and other devices. What is especially useful if the iPhone is up for sale or the user switches to a new device, the program will help him to easily delete personal data on the old phone.
- Install and Run iSkysoft Data Eraser.
- Download iSkysoft Data Eraser from the official website and install it.
- After installation, run it.
- Connect iOS device with USB cable.
- The software will detect the iPhone and display its information in the main interface.
- Select “Delete personal data”. In the main interface of iSkysoft Data Eraser, you will need to go to the left column to select “Delete personal data”. In the window that opens, you can see the files that need to be deleted.
- Scan device.
- Click “Start”.
- After the scan is complete, all the data it contains will appear in the interface.
- Click on information to view details.
- Check the files to be deleted and click “Delete Now”.
- Confirm deletion.
D-port for computer access
To use D-Port to access account data on a PC, you need to download the program to your computer. Once it is installed, follow these simple steps:
- Run the program on your computer and then select “Extract data from backup” from the options in the main window. Copies detected by the program should appear. If there is no access, you need to click “Download”. Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID and password.
- After logging in, select the desired backup file and click “Next”. On the next screen, you will need to select the type of data that you want to access. This will reduce the time the program spends on scanning the backup.
- If you want to view everything, simply check the “Select All” checkbox. Click “Next” after the selection is made. The program will continue downloading and scanning the selected file for the specified data. You can view and select the desired data on the next screen.
- Select the desired file types and click “Extract” to save the selected files in a folder on your computer.
Log in to your account from a browser
It’s easy enough to sign in to iCloud using any web browser on your computer (PC or Mac). But that’s not the case for Apple iPhone and mobile iDevices. For quick login, Safari and Firefox have this feature. To quickly request the desktop version of iCloud or any other site, press and hold the Refresh symbol in the browser URL bar for Safari or at the bottom of the screen for Firefox. Pressing and holding Refresh brings up a quick action menu with the option to request a desktop. Select this button and it will take the user to the desktop version.
To access through the Chrome browser:
- Open Chrome.
- Visit the cloud webpage.
- Press in the settings menu (3 dots on the screen on the right).
- Select “Request Desktop” from the menu. If the desktop version is not displayed, re-enter i.cloud.com in the web address bar.
- Sign in to production with your Apple ID.
Using browsers other than Safari on the iDevice makes the iCloud server think the user is accessing the site from a desktop Mac. The biggest benefit of logging into the cloud from a browser is that multiple accounts can be verified, including those not associated with iPhones and other iDevices. Since it allows only one iCloud account and Apple ID to connect to the device, using the browser to access your accounts, the “iCloud” storage on the “iPhone“, where you can move photos and other information.
Reset with iMyFone Umate Pro
You can use iMyFone Umate Pro to erase some or all of your iOS data, even by completely restarting your iPhone to avoid information leaks.
- To reset iPhone without iCloud password, you need to make sure “Find my iPhone” is off.
- Download the program to your computer and run it, then connect your device to your computer.
- Choose the erase function that best suits your needs. There are 4 erasing modes: erasing all data, deleting personal data, deleting previously deleted files, deleting individual fragments. To completely restart iPhone, you need to select “Erase All Data”.
- Confirm deletion to clear memory.
If a user has forgotten their iCloud password, they can use Apple’s “My Apple ID” service to recover it.
- Open a browser like Safari and enter Appleid.Apple.com.
- Click Forgot Password, enter your Apple ID and click Next.
- You can use email authentication to verify your identity to Apple as it’s easier. Apple will then send an email to the backup account that the person has registered.
- Check email accounts to see if an email has arrived.
- After you receive an email with the message “How to reset your Apple ID password”, click the “Reset now” link in the email and follow the instructions.
Setting up iCloud Drive
Before entering “iCloud” in “iPhone”, the user sets up the operating system on the new phone for the first time, the system asks him if he wants to enable the cloud. Apple gives each user 5 GB of storage for free, but if the owner starts syncing all their documents, files and photos in the cloud, then they will very quickly run out of free space, after which they will need a subscription. Subscription for more storage range from 0.99 to 9.99 per month.
Here’s what “iCloud” is on “iPhone” for free:
- With iCloud Drive, you can sync files across all devices with supported third-party apps, as well as with built-in Apple apps. These operations consume a lot of memory. Therefore, it is better to sync files to iPhone, iPad and Mac.
- The user can manually change the list of applications, which of them should or should not be used.
- When synchronizing files and data, a special folder is created to store them.
- You can create new folders in the iCloud app or in Files to manually add or move files.
Users can back up their device using iTunes or iMazing after making sure encryption is enabled. The backup features are free on iMazing and encryption is fully supported on Windows. iMazing can add a backup password in Windows Credential Manager so that the user doesn’t accidentally lose the password. To try iMazing, you first download and install it, then perform the sequential operations:
- Launch the application and connect it to your Mac or PC, the application will appear on the iPhone or iPad.
- Select it on the left sidebar and click the Back button, the Backup Options wizard will open.
- Enable Backup Encryption and iMazing will take care of storing the password in the key fob or Windows credentials if the “Remember password” option is selected.
- Next, they back up the device.
How to turn off iCloud on iPhone?
The easiest way to turn off iCloud on iPhone 5s and others. is to exit it on the device itself, which is done as follows:
- Go to “Settings”, then open Apple ID.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Exit”.
- Enter the password and confirm the action.
This will disable iCloud on your device.
How to turn off iCloud on iPhone 5, 6, 7
There are times when you need to disable cloud storage on your iPhone. We will tell you how to disable iCloud on iPhone and list all possible ways.
For its users, Apple provides a personal cloud storage iCloud, which is available to everyone. It is a kind of additional memory card for the iPhone. But if you transfer your phone or for other reason, you may need to disable iCloud storage on your iPhone. And we’ll look at how to do it.
Note that there are several ways to disable the storage, namely:
- Directly on your phone.
- Via Apple website.
- Using iTunes.
Disable iCloud storage on iPhone via computer
Two ways can be distinguished here. The first through the Apple website, in particular, you will need to do the following:
- Go to the iCloud.com website and log in.
- Go to “Find iPhone”.
- Next, select the desired device and click erase.
The second way is shutdown via iTunes. This will require:
- Download and install the program on your PC.
- Open and log in with your Apple ID.
- Go to the “Account” menu.
- Open “Device Management”.
- Find the gadget you want and remove it.
Why you need to turn off iCloud?
For the most part, this is required if you decide to sell your smartphone. It is in this case that the function must be deactivated. It is also worth paying attention when buying a phone, because otherwise your gadget will be blocked and it will be impossible to use it.
Therefore, we will consider ways to help disable iCloud on iPhone 6 and others.
Is it possible to disable iCloud without a password?
This is only possible if you simply forgot your password. In this situation, you will need to go to the Apple website and reset your password according to the instructions. Subsequently, disable iCloud using one of the methods provided earlier.
If the account does not belong to you, then you will not be able to disable it.
Disable iCloud on MAC
Also, the need to disable the function may be necessary for MAC OS users, for this you need to do the following:
- Go to laptop settings.
- Go to the iCloud menu.
- Click “Exit”.
Before that, it is worth saving all the necessary files that are uploaded to the cloud.
ICloud storage and its features
In addition to the question of how to turn off the cloud on the iPhone, memory is also important and why it runs out. Note that when synchronization is enabled, all your photos and videos, as well as other data that are open to access, are uploaded there.
Therefore, you need to control the amount of available memory. To check it, you need to open iCloud and look at the storage. This will indicate how much memory is in use and available.
If it is not enough for you, click on the storage and buy more space by paying with your card.
To clean up space, you can log into the cloud through a computer and delete unnecessary files from it, having previously saved them to the desired location.
You can also change your iCloud account by logging out of it, as shown in the previous paragraphs and connecting a new Apple ID to the device.
Retrieving a password from a used iPhone
You should immediately pay attention to questions related to the built-in accounts on the device. But if you have already purchased it, then the task is to unblock access to the iCloud function.
Please contact your dealer first. In most cases, you can go to your account and then log out completely. After that, you can safely create your own. But this does not always save. the seller himself can forget the set password.
The main thing here is not to enter many passwords at one time, since after many number of attempts you will receive a message that this Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons. Then you will no longer be able to use the iPhone.
It is impossible to leave someone else’s account without entering a password. Also, without a password, it is unrealistic to disable tracking of the device by other users. You should not reflash your phone or update the system. iPhone will ask for account activation information.
To return to work, you need to try to link your personal mail to someone else’s account. Part of the data is transferred in a similar way.
You can use the standard recovery function by specifying your e-mail. However, this does not always work.
Then you should go to the account, where you need to turn off synchronization of almost everything that you can. You will not be able to disable first user’s email, iCloud Drive and device tracking.
Now you can create a new Apple ID. We exit in the first account from the App Store and go to it from your account. In a similar way, control over the installation of all applications is restored.
It is imperative to remove synchronization with personal data in the account of the former owner. Otherwise, there will be a risk that a stranger or intruders will monitor your life.
You can now partially use your iPhone. Full control over all system processes can be obtained only with the password from the original account.
Next, we will consider ways to unlock iCloud on a personal iPhone when the user simply forgot or lost the password.
ICloud password recovery via email
The easiest way to recover your iCloud password is to email a reset code. This is done like this:
- Connecting iPhone to the Internet.
- Go to the “iCloud” settings menu. You must click on “Forgot your password?”.
August, 2020 New 2in1 Method!! iCloud Unlock iPhone 6 & iPhone 7 Bypass iCloud Activation Lock
The required code will be sent not only to the main, but also to the backup e-mail, if you have added it. If the message does not arrive, open the Spam folder. To be sure, you can add by mail to the address book Appleid@ID.Apple.com. The password will be reset after clicking on the link from the message. You will be prompted to enter a new security key for iCloud.
Recover iCloud password without access to mail
Let’s say you forgot your iCloud password, and you don’t have access to your primary and backup e-mail. To unlock, you need to answer security questions:
- We connect the iPhone to the Internet. Go to settings in iCloud.
- Click on “Forgot your password” and enter your Apple ID login.
- Then we choose the answer to the security questions.
If you enter the correct answers, a window for changing the password will open on the screen. Now we enter a new security key, confirm and do not forget it anymore.
If the device uses two-step authentication, and a trusted device is connected, then you can use it to return access.
It is enough to enter the key that was received when setting up the verification so that the code is sent to the trusted device. Using this code, you can reset your iCloud password.
What are Apple ID and iCloud for??
Apple ID and iCloud are interconnected. Apple ID can unlock iCloud and most other features.
There are the following reasons why you need to restore access to iCloud:
- User just forgot password.
- iPhone was purchased from another owner (used), where an iCloud account is already preinstalled.
Free consultation! Free diagnostics! Warranty for work!
Select a partition: td Apple products
|Repair iPhone||iPad repair||iPod repair||MacBook repair||iMac repair||Dr. Apple products|
We can fix all Apple equipment ☎ 7 (812) 953-94-11
With the first option, you need to tinker a little, but the problem as a whole can be solved quickly.
If you bought an iPhone, and the owner does not know this password, then the situation is significantly aggravated.
To get a password from iCloud, you need an ID or you can use an Apple ID login. In case of its loss, the following steps are performed:
- Click on “Forgot Apple ID or Password”.
- We indicate “Forgot Apple ID”.
- Enter your first name, last name and e-mail.
In case of incorrect selection of the identifier, after several attempts, you will receive a message about the blocking of the Apple ID. To release the lock, you must:
- Go to the resource iforgot.Apple.com/ru.
- Unlock ID using iCloud password (if remembered) or by resetting the security key.
This shows that the circle is closed. As a result, you may find yourself without an iCloud password and with a blocked Apple ID.
How to unblock iCloud and regain access. Repair in St. Petersburg
Many iPhone users are often faced with the inability to turn on iCloud due to its lock. Let’s take a closer look at this problem and talk about methods of restoring access.
The question of how to remove the iCloud application without a password has a clear answer. no way. IOS 7.0-7.6 devices made it possible to bypass the ban by changing the Apple ID password, but there is no such loophole now. Therefore, if you have forgotten all the data, you need to call or write to Support. Contact information is available on this site http://www.Apple.com/ru/contact.
Before contacting Support, you should prepare a photo of the box, where you will see the serial number, the serial number of the gadget itself and the purchase receipt. In the event that you manage to prove that you are the rightful owner of the iPhone, then after activation, the lock will be removed, and then you can set a new password.
Create iCloud on iPhone
Below we will take a look at three ways to create an iCloud profile on iPhone.
How to register iCloud on iPhone
With the advent of such gadgets as smartphones and tablets, the problem of storing information and quick access to files with media products, personal information, etc. One of the most convenient and free ways to solve this problem is to use cloud storage, when files are stored on the server without taking up the memory of the user’s device. Today we’ll tell you how to register iCloud on iPhone. Apple’s cloud service
Apple’s cloud service is iCloud. It was developed by Apple experts for iOS device owners. To use it, you need to have an “apple” device and an account (identifier) Apple ID.
What is it used for
ICloud Account is the main user ID. It is used in all services of the apple company, as well as to activate branded gadgets. A third-party user will not be able to independently log out of your account, which allows you to secure the device.
Also Apple ID is used to remotely access a lost device. In a previously published article, we talked about how to do this.
There are two ways to register a new profile on your computer. Let’s consider each of them in more detail.
How to create iCloud on iPhone?
New to the Apple ecosystem? Your first step is to sign up for an Apple ID.
Apple ID allows you to download content from iTunes and the App Store. It also lets you sync reminders, calendars, and contacts via iCloud, and activate FaceTime and iMessage across multiple devices.
You don’t have to subscribe to an Apple ID if you want to use an Apple device, but it’s important to get the most out of your iPhone and iPad. This is how you can create a new ID.
- How to create a new Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad
- How to sign in to iCloud with an existing Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad
- How to sign out of iCloud on your iPhone or iPad
How to sign in to iCloud with an existing Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad?
Note: In iOS 11, you can use the Keychain password feature in the keyboard hint bar to add your Apple ID and password.
How to restore access to your account
If the user did not have to enter account data for a long time, he may forget the password. It is better not to try to guess it, as the account is blocked when you repeatedly enter the wrong password.
The safest are the following ways to restore access:
- answer security questions;
- use e-mail;
- pass two-step identification.
The last method is the most difficult. Therefore, when registering, it is important to indicate a valid e-mail and select security questions, the answers to which cannot be forgotten (this may be the name of the first pet or the name of the street where the owner of the device lived in childhood).
If you still failed to unlock the recording, you can use the services of the website iforgot.Apple.com.
Subscribe to our channel in Yandex.Zen. there you will find even more interesting and useful materials
How to delete an iCloud account?
The need to change the account in iCloud on iPad and iPhone devices may arise due to the loss of the password from the old profile (old iCloud) or the absence of one at all (this sometimes happens when buying a used iPhone). And sometimes the user, regardless of third-party circumstances, independently decides to change the profile to iCloud (for the purpose of doing business, for professional activities, etc.).
This guide will help you delete an iCloud profile from Apple i-devices (iPhone, iPad), as well as back up the information stored in it (photos, files, contacts and other data of value to the user).
Standard procedure for deleting a profile
Tap the “Settings” icon on the gadget display.
At the bottom of the options panel, click “Delete Account”.
In the panel asking for confirmation of the activated operation, tap “Delete from iPhone”.
Enter the password from the “old” account and click “Turn off”.
Note. All data stored in it (files, songs, contacts, etc.) are deleted along with the iCloud profile.
Saving data before changing your account
Transfer photos and images from your Icloud account to your iPhone albums and photo galleries.
Data (documents, presentations, texts) created in iWork, music. in the iTunes directory (this procedure can also be performed by connecting a computer).
Saved dates and reminders can be restored through a new profile in iCloud directly on the device or computer.
What to do if there is no password?
Note. This method works only on iOS versions 7.0. 7.0.6.
To delete an iCloud account without a password, follow these steps:
In the application panel, tap “Delete account” → Delete → Delete from.
In the window for entering the password, select “Cancel”.
At the top of the list of options, tap “Account”.
Erase the real password for authorizing Apple ID and enter the “fake” password in the same line.
Tap Done. The device will display a message stating that the password is incorrect (it should be so; click “ok” and then “Cancel”).
Try to get rid of your Icloud account again (the button at the bottom of the options list). And again, in the password entry panel, select “Cancel”.
Return to the “Account” section, delete the contents of the “Description” line. Tap Done. (After performing this action, the “Find iPad” option should be disabled).
Click “Delete account” and confirm the start of the deletion procedure.
How to Remove iPhone or iPad from Apple ID to iCloud Remotely
Go to iCloud.com from a computer and log in with the Apple ID and password of the iPhone or iPad owner;
Select the “Find iPhone” section. Click on the All devices button at the top of the screen. a list of devices linked to this account will appear, select the one you need;
If the device is offline, click Remove from Find iPhone.
If the device is online. in the window that appears on the right, select “Erase iPhone”. Confirm the deletion and complete the procedure by clicking “Remove from account”.
Remove iCloud (Apple ID), or how to unlink iPhone or iPad from Apple account?
As you know, in all its devices and services, Apple uses a single user identification system, which requires the latter to authorize using Apple ID to perform important actions. buying and downloading content, managing confidential data and settings, etc. At the same time, many owners of iOS devices and Macs often face the need to unlink or completely remove Apple ID.
How to remove iPhone or iPad from Apple ID in iCloud if you have the device in your hands
When you sign out of Apple ID on a mobile device, iOS will ask you to delete data, while you can leave some of them (for example, Contacts and Notes) or not delete anything at all, saving all the content on the gadget. It is important to understand that we are talking only about the information that is stored on the built-in physical storage, while most users additionally synchronize Photos, Contacts, Messages and other data with the iCloud cloud. This allows you to completely erase and unlink your iPhone from your Apple ID, and then easily and quickly restore all content to another device.
Open the Settings app and go to the Apple ID section (at the very top where your first and last name are listed).
In the latest versions of iOS, the user is offered three options for logging out of the Apple ID account:
- Sign out of iCloud and the Store. completely decouple Apple ID from the device;
- Exit the Store. iCloud synchronization is still working, applications from the App Store, for example, can be installed from another account;
- Signing out of iCloud. on the contrary, leaves the user with the current Apple ID in iTunes (App Store, Apple Music, etc.), but disconnects the device from the cloud service.
In the pop-up window that appears, select “Sign out of iCloud and Store” if you need to sign out of iCloud (unlink the device) and services from the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Music, etc. Or the item “Log out of iCloud”, if you just need to unlink the device from iCloud.
Enter the password to disable Find My iPhone and tap Off.
Now go to Settings → General → Reset → Erase Content and Settings.
After entering the password, click “Erase [device]”.
After completing the above steps, the iOS device will be removed (untethered) from iCloud with the activation lock turned off (Find iPhone, Activation Lock). In addition, the iPhone or iPad will be reset to factory settings, deleting all data.
Wipe Apple ID completely
There can be several reasons for permanently deleting Apple ID, most often it is connected with the user’s desire to clear his “history” on Apple servers and create a new account. What will be deleted in this case?
- All personal data about the user without the possibility of recovery;
- All purchases in iTunes, App Store and other Apple services are non-recoverable;
- All data from the cloud service iCloud without the possibility of recovery.
Why remove Apple ID?
In fact, by “removing Apple ID” most users mean decoupling the identifier from a specific device. For example, when buying or selling an iPhone or iPad, so that the new owner does not get access to correspondence in iMessage, personal photos, contact list and in order to avoid problems in the future when using the device directly, it is necessary to unlink the iPhone or iPad from iCloud (delete Apple ID) and disable activation lock (Find iPhone, Activation Lock).
Another common case is the use of content from one account by multiple users. For example, there is a “corporate” Apple ID for which the necessary set of content is purchased (applications from the App Store, books in iBooks, Apple Music subscription, whatever), and ordinary employees at the right time (for example, to install updates) leave their personal Apple ID accounts and are authorized under the “corporate”.
However, there are also cases when Apple ID needs to be deleted irrevocably. The ability to do this without directly contacting Apple technical support appeared only recently, and at the end of this article we will talk about how to completely destroy all data about yourself stored on the company’s servers.
How to completely remove an Apple ID
To do this, you need to go to the special section of the Apple website dedicated to data privacy, log in with your Aplpe ID and answer security questions, select the “Delete account” item and start the process.
There are a few simple steps here, such as: specifying the reason for deleting an account, confirming that you have read the terms and conditions for deleting, entering an email address to receive information on the procedure.
This is followed by an important point. a 12-digit code will be generated, which will remain the only way for the user to confirm his identity if he changes his mind to delete the account. The procedure itself takes up to seven days, which are required by the support service to confirm the legality of the request, after which the user will receive a notification to the specified E-mail or phone number.
How to check if there are unfamiliar devices associated with your Apple ID account
To make sure that there are no devices that do not belong to you linked to your Apple ID account (perhaps they are tracking you), do the following.
Open the Settings app and go to the Apple ID section (where your first and last name appears).
You will see a list of devices that are also tied to the Apple ID that you are using.
Select an unfamiliar device that does not belong to you.
Click “Remove from Account” and then “Remove”.
Change your Apple ID password immediately by:
- launch the Settings app and go to the Apple ID section.
- select Password & Security, and then click Change Password.
- Change your password. You can learn more about Apple ID password requirements in this article. And how to come up with complex passwords and never forget them, we talked here.