How to restore iPhone without a computer
You can reinstall the system without the help of a PC. Algorithm:
To complete the procedure, it is recommended not to break the connection and regularly connect to the network and power source.
IPhone Recovery via iTunes
The smartphone will have to be connected to a personal computer or laptop with Internet access. the device needs to download all the latest updates. Only then the program starts. IPhone Recovery via iTunes:
- In the program, open the “Overview” section, click on the line “Restore iPhone”.
- A window will open asking you to confirm the action. All the consequences of the procedure are described here. this is the complete removal of files and any information from the phone.
After agreeing to the terms, a long rollback process will begin. This can take 5 to 25 minutes. Immediately after the end of the restoration, the iPhone will reboot with the factory settings. data loss is possible if you reset everything.
IOS version for recovery
Before restoring iPhone se, you still need to determine which version of the system is suitable for the phone and make preparations. The bottom line is that by developing new iOS “stamps”, the company stops signing old assemblies. Rollback and recovery on them is no longer possible.
You can determine which version of the system a user can recover to using the IPSW service. Going to the site, you need to select the iPhone model (it works for other devices of the company). The firmware, which will be marked with check marks, is provided for recovery. On the same site, you can download the firmware to perform the rollback itself.
How to restore iPhone via iTunes. detailed instructions
An unsuccessful update or flashing can lead to the “death” of the phone. In such a situation, there is nothing to be afraid of. just start the device in recovery mode. ITunes app lets you return iPhone to backup settings or factory settings.
Description of iPhone recovery problems
One of the most common problems is error 3194. It occurs due to various reasons, but more often due to the consequences of working with the TinyUmbrella program or similar.
Get rid of error 3194 when restoring iPhone via iCloud:
- Go along the path in Explorer: C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Drivers \ etc and find the hosts file inside.
- Open this file using the stock program “Notepad” and find the line that contains the inscription gs.Apple.com. delete it.
- Remember to save the modified file and restart your PC.
Most likely, the error will not bother the user again when trying to restore the phone again. However, before starting work, it is recommended to temporarily disable the Windows firewall. the risk of blocking will be significantly reduced.
Other common errors are 1013, 1014 and 1015. They may mean that you cannot rollback the firmware due to the impossibility to return to the old version of the modem. The solution will only help when using old models. To remove the error, you need:
- Download the latest version of the redsn0w program.
- Extract the downloaded file and open the utility as a PC administrator.
- Synchronize your phone with your computer.
- On the main screen of redsn0w select “Extras”, then “Recovery Fix”.
- Click “Next” and switch iPhone, iPad to DFU mode as shown in the instructions. It is not difficult to do this: for 3-4 seconds you need to press the “Power” key, then hold the “Home” for 10 seconds, release the “Power”, but continue to hold the “Home” for another 10 seconds. The program will display a timer for each action so that the user has no problems activating the desired mode.
Important! Other errors are easier to solve by contacting the technical support of the company. specialists will answer all questions.
Restoring iPhone through the created backup
After a factory reset, the phone starts working completely empty. there are no old user files in it. You can restore iPhone via iTunes using the created backup. Algorithm for the correct process:
- Open iTunes, connect your smartphone to your computer and put your phone into recovery mode iPhone, iPad.
- Go to the files section and open the context menu using the CtrlB keyboard shortcut.
- In the menu, select the item “Restore files from backup” and click on it.
Important! After user confirmation, uploading data from the cloud will start.
Recovery via Mac PC with macOS Catalina 10.15:
- Open a Finder window.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable. If you are prompted to enter a password for the system or select a computer as trusted, you will have to follow the instructions on the display. If the password cannot be remembered, then you need to revive it through technical support.
- Select a device (in this case iPhone) when it appears in the program window.
- Click on “Restore from copy”. A message may appear stating that the software is too old.
- View the creation date of each copy and choose the one that works best.
- Click on “Restore” and wait for the end of the process. You may be prompted to enter a password for the encrypted version of the backup. you will have to enter it to access.
- Do not turn off the smartphone after restarting and wait while it syncs with the PC. Once the iPhone is paired, you can disconnect.
Important! If you have problems restoring or accessing the required backups, for example, if you accidentally lock your phone, we recommend that you contact Apple Support.
Description of iPhone recovery methods
Many owners of modern gadgets are interested in how to restore iPhone via iTunes. This process consists of two stages:
- Factory reset (to a clean state).
- Restoring user data from backup storage.
- IPhone recovery via iTunes is available only for the official and current firmware version (requires a subscription from Apple). For example, a smartphone user with iOS 4.2.1, which has long been decommissioned and out of service, will not be able to initiate a rollback through the service. The application will throw a critical error.
- Relevant for people with a locked iPhone. When the firmware is updated, the version of the modem will probably be updated as well. For such smartphones, before starting the recovery, it is better to use the Redsn0w utility.
- If the user has not prepared a backup copy of the system in advance, then it will have to be restored in one step. the phone will return to factory settings. All files and parameters will be lost.
Important! After familiarizing yourself with the nuances of the procedure, you can proceed to the very restoration of the smartphone via iTunes.
How long does it take to restore iPhone via iTunes
The wait can take from 10 minutes to several hours. As mentioned above, it all depends on the volume of files and the quality of the Internet connection.
How to get iPhone out of DFU mode?
To exit DFU mode, just press and hold down the Power and Home buttons simultaneously for 10-15 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
How to Reflash iPhone 7 via iTunes?
How To: Connect iPhone to Computer via USB. Go to the device management section. Hold down the Option key for Mac or Shift for Windows and click the Refresh button. Select the downloaded firmware file and wait for the operation to complete.
How to restart iPhone via iTunes?
Connect iPhone to computer and launch iTunes. Turn off your smartphone completely. On iPhone 7, 8, X and later, press and hold the Side button for 3 seconds. Without releasing it, press the volume down key and hold both buttons for another 10 seconds.
How to turn on iPhone 11?
To turn on the device, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen. To turn it off, press and hold the side button and any of the volume buttons at the same time until a slider appears. Then move it.
What to do if you can’t restore iPhone via iTunes?
What to do if iTunes won’t restore iPhone, iPod or iPad?
- iTunes update.
- reboot devices
- replacing the USB cable
- using a different USB port
- reinstalling iTunes.
- editing the hosts file.
- disable antivirus
How long does it take to restore iPhone via iTunes?
The process of restoring iPhone via iTunes should not take long, but sometimes the recovery progress window shows too long remaining time, which can reach up to 20 hours.
How to Restore iPhone 11 via iTunes?
To do this, press the Volume Up button, then the Volume Down button, and then hold down the Side button until the iPhone restarts. Don’t let go of the side button until you see the Apple logo. You can now update or restore your smartphone using iTunes or Finder in macOS Catalina.
How to Restore iPhone 7 via iTunes?
How to run Recovery on iPhone 7. instructions
FIX IPHONE NOT TURNING ON/Stuck At Recovery Mode/Apple Logo/ iOS 13 and below. iPhone XR/XS/X/8/7/6
- Connect your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus to PC with original cable.
- Launch iTunes (it is highly recommended to update to the latest version).
- Hold down the power button and volume down button at the same time. Do not release the buttons until the following image appears on the screen:
If you are unlucky and the iPhone does not recover, despite the fact that you have followed all the above measures, then it is time to suspect a hardware problem.
First of all, you need to use another USB port to connect the iPhone.
If this does not help, perhaps the matter is in the connecting cable. please note that in this case you must use either the original wire or with the MFi marking, which means “Made for iPhone”.
If everything is in order with the cable and ports and you ruled out the software reasons, but the recovery is still interrupted, the problem may be in the PC or iPhone itself. Try to use another computer, if the recovery is interrupted on it, then it’s time for you to take your “apple” in hand and go with it to the service.
how to fix iPhone can’t restore backup
After finding out why iPhone can’t recover data from iTunes or iCloud backup, you can follow the below methods to fix the problem. These are all proven ways to fix iPhone backup can’t restore.
What to do if iTunes can’t restore iPhone
Despite all the manufacturability, modernity and customer focus, Apple continues to have some problems with iTunes for a long time. Interested users even make a list of bugs that are not fixed by regular updates with a long list of bug fixes.
One of these problems that users are talking about is a message like “iTunes could not restore iPhone because an error occurred.”.
What kind of error occurred, what does it mean, what needs to be done, who to complain to and how to carry out this process correctly. we will try to answer these questions, although this should be dealt with by Apple representatives.
Recovery via DFU mode
This mode is intended for emergency resuscitation of Apple gadgets. To use it, follow the instructions below:
- First, turn off your phone completely and launch iTunes on your computer.
- Next, connect the device via a USB cable to the port and put it into DFU mode.
- To do this, simultaneously hold down the “Home” and “ON” buttons. Both buttons cannot be released for 10 seconds, after which the “ON” key must be released, and the second must be held until the iPhone appears in the program on the PC.
- The application will notify you that you can start the recovery procedure. After confirming the action, your cell phone will be updated and will work normally.
When to restore iPhone
The device recovery procedure is necessary if, for example, you want to transfer information from your old device to a new one, or you want to recover your iPhone password (you may have forgotten it), or restore contacts (if you suddenly deleted some important part), or restore your phone as new (if you want to sell a smartphone or donate). But, unfortunately, Apple’s app is not always able to help with this.
How to restore iPhone if it is locked
Another possible situation in case you forgot your phone password, made several unsuccessful attempts to enter the PIN code, and the device was blocked. If in this case you try to restore via iTunes, at some point you will still be asked to enter the password from the device.
If you have the Find iPhone function set up on your phone, you can open iCloud, sign in with your Apple ID, select your phone in the My Devices section and click the Erase button. After that, you will need to restore all data from the backup.
Problem solving programmatically
Unfortunately, for such a symptom, no portal with recommendations will prescribe an accurate treatment, and the official website will offer to contact Support.
Therefore, it is worth resorting to the help of third-party programs. one of these is called Decipher Backup Repair. The program works with iPhone backup and restores damaged files, if any.
You can try to tidy up the backup so that you can restore the device later with the corrected backup.
So if you cannot solve the problem with the usual tips, you need to turn to special software, and we recommend using all the same settings as for iTunes. abandon the USB hub and connect to the computer directly, use only original cables and reboot the devices first.
The rules listed above solve most of the problems, but even if this did not help you, then you really need to contact Support Apple. perhaps your problem is an isolated one.
reset iTunes lock folder on Windows
Close the iTunes app and disconnect your iPhone.
Find C: ProgramData Apple Lockdown, highlight all files in the folder and delete them.
Reconnect iPhone and iTunes and try restoring iPhone again.
Reboot your devices. If this error occurs, you also need to restart both the computer and the device being restored (iPhone 4s, 5s, 6, etc.). To perform this operation on your smartphone, hold down the power key and press the Home button for ten seconds. The phone will turn off, then turn it on as usual.
editing the hosts file
In the process of updating or restoring an Apple device, iTunes necessarily contacts the Apple servers, and if the program fails to do this, it is highly likely that the hosts file has been changed on the computer.
As a rule, computer viruses change the hosts file, so before restoring the original hosts file, it is advisable that you check your computer for virus threats. You can do this both with the help of your anti-virus by starting the scan mode, and with the help of a special healing utility Dr.Web CureIt.
If any viruses have been detected by your antivirus software, be sure to fix them and then restart your computer. After that, you can proceed to the stage of restoring the previous version of the hosts file. details on how to do this are described on the official Microsoft website at this link.
Replacing the USB cable
First you need to make sure that the connection is made using the original and certified cord. The fact is that if you use a non-original USB cable, it will provoke a refusal to install the firmware. If everything is fine, but the process does not start, carefully inspect the wire and connector for damage.
using a different USB port
It might be worth trying to connect your Apple device to a different USB port on your computer.
For example, if you have a stationary computer, then it is better to connect from the back of the system unit. If the gadget is connected through additional devices, for example, a port built into the keyboard, or a USB hub, you will need to connect your iPhone, iPod or iPad to your computer directly.
Why Can’t Restore iPhone via iTunes
Restore the device via DFU mode. You need to use this mode just in case of problems. First, turn off your smartphone completely, and then connect it to the PC using a cable. Next, open iTunes. To enter DFU mode, first hold the power button for three seconds. Without releasing the first button, hold down the “Home” key and hold them simultaneously for both ten seconds. Then release the power button but hold the Home button until the window appears on the PC screen.
USB cable replacement
Many jobs when working with an Apple device on a computer arise from a USB cable.
If you are using a non-original cable, even one certified by Apple, you need to be sure to replace it with the original one. If you are using the original cable, you will need to carefully examine it for any types of damage, both along the length of the cable itself and on the connector itself. If you find kinks, oxidations, twists and any other types of damage, you will need to replace the cable with a whole and always original one.