How to enable F1-F12 keys on a laptop
Enabling F1-F12 keys on a laptop
As a rule, on all laptops, the row of F-keys is configured for two modes: functional and multimedia. Previously, a SIMple single press performed the default action assigned to that key within a program, game, or operating system (for example, F1 opened the application’s help). Pressing the F-key together with Fn already performed another action assigned to it by the manufacturer. It could have been volume mute or something else.
However, more and more often in modern devices, you can find the opposite principle of operation: the usual press on the F-key starts the action assigned by the manufacturer, and the combination (take the same example with F1) Fn F1 opens the help window.
For users who use F1-F12 for functional purposes more often than for secondary multimedia purposes, such a change of order is often not to their liking. It is especially inconvenient for fans of computer games, requiring a quick response to actions. Fortunately, changing the priority of work can be very SIMple. by editing one of the BIOS parameters.
- Start the BIOS using the key responsible for entering your laptop model. If this is a function key, you do not need to press Fn. until the operating system is loaded, this row works in the usual mode.
- Using the arrows on your keyboard, open the System Configuration section and find the Action Keys Mode parameter. Press Enter and select the value “Disabled”.
On Dell laptops, the setting will be different: “Advanced” “Function Key Behavior”. Here you need to rearrange the value to “Function Key”.
For Toshiba: “Advanced” “Function Keys Mode (without pressing Fn first)” “Standard F1-F12 mode”.
After changing the mode, you will be able to use F1-F12 as before without any problems. To use additional functions such as adjusting the volume, brightness, enabling / disabling Wi-Fi, you will need to SIMultaneously press the corresponding function key together with Fn.
From this short article, you learned why the function keys in games, programs and Windows might not work in your laptop, as well as how to enable them. If you have any questions Use the comment form below.
Touchpad not working on laptop? 5 ways to solve TouchPad
Touchpad An age-old feature that has long replaced alternative mouse controls. With it, we can fully control our device, be it a laptop or a hybrid tablet. Many laptops (Acer, Asus, HP, lenovo, Dell) have problems with the touchpad. What to do if the touchpad does not work on a laptop in Windows 10? Let’s look at 5 ways to fix this problem.
Enable touchpad in mouse properties
In many cases, the device manager does NOT work in order to enable Touchpat on a laptop. If your Touchpat still does not work on a laptop in windows 10, then go to properties mouse.
- Type mouse in windows search bar and go to Mouse Preferences.
- Click Additional mouse options, in the window that opens, go to Device Settings, the Touchpad tab or as in the picture.
- Find your Touchpad and click “enable”.
Re-enabling the touchpad using the Fn key
One story happened to me when I turned on Wi-Fi on my laptop and inadvertently turned off the touchpad touchpad. For a long time I was looking for the reason, immediately not realizing what happened. Everything turned out to be SIMple, in laptops there is a button for additional functions called Fn from the bottom left of the keyboard. To enable any function on a laptop, hold down the Fn and F1 key combination. F12. On THESE same F1-F12 buttons, pictures or symbols are drawn to apply the parameter. For example, to turn on the touchpad, you need to press FnF7, on the F7 button itself there will be an image of a supposedly touchpad. You can press all buttons in order FnF1. F12, but remember that there is a function to turn off the display, press again the buttons on which the screen went out.
On some HP notebooks, the touchpad can be turned on and off by double-tapping the edge of the touchpad itself. Asus and acer brands may have a separate button next to the touchpad. If the Touchpad still does not work, then move on.
Updating or rolling back the touchpad driver
Try updating or rolling back your touchpad driver. Go to the same device manager as described above. Locate your Touchpad device, usually named after your laptop brand (Dell TouchPad, Lenovo TouchPad, Synaptics, HP TouchPad, Acer TouchPad, Asus TouchPad.) Right click on your driver and select properties. Next, click Update to see if there are any useful updates for your touchpad.
Many people have reported on the Microsoft forums that the Touchpad stopped working exactly after updating Windows 10, for this you need to select Driver Rollback. If the Rollback button is off, then you have a previous version of the driver.
Removing Other Mouse Drivers
There are times when in the past you have connected a whole bunch of drivers from different mouse devices and you have never removed them. Some drivers from mouse manufacturers themselves automatically disable the Touchpad. Go to Device Manager by pressing the WinR keyboard shortcut and type devmgmt.Msc at the prompt.
Find the term for pointing to mice and other pointing devices, click on the shortcut to expand the category and delete all the mouse drivers in order until the touchpad starts working on your laptop. If it doesn’t work, try restarting the system after removing all drivers. Touchpad NOT working? Moving on to the next item.
Disable touchscreen input service for hybrid notebooks
If your laptop is a hybrid (laptop and tablet in one with a touchscreen display.) There is a chance that the touchscreen input service that controls stylus functionality is interfering with your touchpad.
Hardware breakdown of the touch panel
If none of the above Tips helped, most likely we are dealing with a hardware rather than a software problem with the touchpad.
Such problems include poor-quality connection of the cable to the motherboard or mechanical damage to the panel.
If you are confident in your abilities, you can disassemble the laptop and check the quality of the loop connection. Sometimes, in order for the touchpad to work, it is enough to fix the connection connector.
If you have no experience in assembling laptops or are not sure that you can do everything correctly, we recommend that you contact a qualified specialist or a service center.
Turn on / off the touchpad on the keyboard
90% of the problems of a non-working touchpad are solved by its banal inclusion.
To do this, you can use a key combination consisting of the mandatory Fn key and the system key, which may differ depending on the manufacturer and model.
Here are the key combinations for the most common laptop manufacturers.
Ace r: Fn F 7
A sus: Fn F 9
D e ll: Fn F 5
Fuj and tsu: Fn F 4
G and g and byt are: Fn F 1
L e n in v in: Fn F 6
HP, as well as some other laptop manufacturers, prefer to move away from the standard layout of the Fn Fx keys and move the touchpad power button directly to the touch panel, it is located in the upper left corner and has a light indication for ease of operation.
To enable / disable the touch panel, double tap on the button, which is also touch.
Cleaning the touchpad
The sensor may NOT respond to touch if the panel is dirty or when touched with wet fingers. Make sure your fingers are dry and the sensor surface is clean.
You can use a damp cloth to clean the touch panel, then wipe the surface dry.
Enabling / disabling the touchpad in BIOS
A less common phenomenon than the previous two, but also sometimes occurring. disabling the touchpad in the BIOS.
To fix the problem, go to the laptop BIOS. You can go to BIOS settings at the boot stage by pressing a certain key on the keyboard.
The name of the key depends on the BIOS manufacturer. Usually these are Del keys. Esc. F1. F2. F10 and others.
The moment when you should press the key can be determined by the appearance of the inscription with the name of the key to go to the BIOS. If you start pressing earlier or later, you will be able to enter the BIOS.
Next, you should find the menu item responsible for enabling / disabling the built-in pointing devices “Internal Pointing Device” (in our case it is in the Advanced section), and see its state.
Touch panel operation is possible if the value is set to “Enabled”, i.e. “On”. If the value is set to “Disabled”. the touchpad is disabled.
Touchpad does not work on a laptop: how to animate the cursor?
The touchpad does not work on a laptop, what to do and where to run?
First of all, you need to figure out what a touchpad is, and what could be the problem.
Touchpad (from the English Touchpad. touch pad). a device for controlling the cursor in laptops, netbooks, ultrabooks.
The device was invented in 1988 by George Gerfeide, but gained popularity only 6 years later, after licensing and installation on Apple PowerBook laptops.
- Turn on / off the touchpad on the keyboard
- Cleaning the touchpad
- Enabling / disabling the touchpad in BIOS
- Reinstalling drivers
- Hardware breakdown of the touch panel
Possible problems with the cursor control panel and options for their solution will be discussed below.
Most laptop owners prefer to use a mouse for comfortable work rather than a built-in touchpad. a touchpad.
The need to disable the touchpad may arise if you have a stationary computer mouse, as well as if you plan to type large amounts of text.
The fact is that when typing, there are often cases when the cuff of a shirt, at times, you can accidentally touch the touchpad, as a result of which the cursor moves over the text.
In some laptop models, the process of disabling the touchpad is automated, but you have to enable it manually.
Most laptop users have probably at least once faced a situation where there is no computer mouse at hand and the only way out is to use the touchpad, which also refuses to work.
Below we provide a list of the most common touchpad problems and how to solve them.
The sensor may not work correctly or not work at all due to problems with the device driver. This situation can occur after reinstalling the operating system.
To solve this problem, you need to install the correct driver from the CD that comes with the laptop, or downloaded from the manufacturer’s website.
You may be interested in:
How to enable / disable the touchpad if there is no dedicated button
In this I will tell you how to enable or disable the touchpad on a laptop, and if you have a special key.
This is how this material could be called. In it, you will find a detailed guide on what to do when your touchpad stops responding to touch. The article briefly and in essence outlines the ways to solve the problem, if they did not help you, then you should contact the service center.
Sound tuning tips
Usually the reason is hidden in the settings in the management service. You can check this in several ways:
- Using the “Personalization” window. Open the “Sound” tab and check the settings there. You can see which playback scheme is involved, which audio applications are used, etc.
- Check the volume level in the notification area. There is a speaker icon at the bottom of the screen next to the date and time. Click on it with the left mouse button and see if the sound is NOT completely muted. You can also adjust its level there.
- In the media player settings. Go to the installed program and look for the reason in it.
Finding the reason why the volume keys on a laptop do not work
They are divided into software and hardware. The first include settings:
- In OS.
- To audio player.
- In the audio dispatcher.
- Updating drivers.
- Defective speakers or headphones.
- Broken speakers on the computer itself.
- Driver update or reinstallation required.
- Sound card “flew”.
In the latter case, it will not be possible to solve the problem on your own. The equipment must be taken to the repair for experienced specialists to look at it.
Volume buttons on laptop don’t work
The laptop has buttons that have speakers painted on them. They are responsible for increasing and decreasing the sound. On some models, they are located in a separate row, while on the second, they are the F11 and F12 buttons or arrow keys. For them to work, you must press Fn at the same time. If the computer does NOT respond at all, this indicates a problem with the PC. They need to be detected and eliminated.
If the sound is turned up and the volume buttons still don’t work, make sure HID is set to automatic access:
- In the search for a laptop, type “View local services” and go there.
- In the Services tab, find “HID Device Access”.
- Make sure the service is turned on. If not, select “Run”.
- Go to “Properties”.
- In the “General” tab, select the automatic startup type and Confirm by clicking “Ok”.
- Speakers. Test the built-in speakers. Connect portable speakers or headphones and see if the problem persists. If the problem persists, then it is necessary to change the speakers.
- Sound manager. The button may NOT work due to the sound manager. This is a specially installed program. The app is usually displayed in the lower right corner. If it is missing, then you need to install it again or enable the update.
- Drivers. When the cause of the malfunction is in the drivers, you need to go to the device manager and call it “Sound devices”. If they are disabled, enable. When there is an exclamation mark next to the device, the driver needs to be reinstalled.
- BIOS. Step-by-step actions: Go to BIOS, find “Advanced”, select the item with the word audio, if next to it is “Disabled”, change to “Enabled”.
- System rollback. This is the fastest way to solve a problem without going deep into its essence. To do this, in the search bar in the start menu, you need to type “System reset”. After that, restore it, following the hint.
If you cannot fix the problem yourself, it is better not to improvise and contact a service center. This will help avoid unwanted consequences and NOT break your PC at all.
Volume buttons on laptop don’t work
Any laptop always has buttons on its keyboard that are responsible for the volume level of the audio files it plays. These buttons can be identified by their speaker icon. over, if on SEPARATE models this function can be performed separately by the keys, then on the second, it can be assigned to the F11 and F12 buttons or the arrow keys. To trigger them in this case, you need to SIMultaneously press the Fn button with them.
If you are faced with a situation when the volume level does not change when you press these buttons, you should understand the reasons for this phenomenon and try to fix this problem yourself.
Sound tuning tips
Most often, the cause of the failure lies in the incorrect configuration of the management service. You can verify this in the following ways:
- Using the “Personalization” function. Find the “Sound” tab in it and see what settings are set there. You can also see what playback scheme is used by your laptop, what audio applications it has and other settings.
- By checking the volume level in the notifications section. The speaker icon is located in the lower right corner of the screen. Hover over it and click. A sound volume control will appear.Using yak, you can check whether the sound is muted at all, and adjust its volume with the slider.
- Referring to the settings of the media player used. by opening the application you have installed to listen or view files, look for the reason for the lack of sound in it.
Why are the volume keys not working on the laptop?
All the reasons why the volume keys do not work on a laptop can be divided into software and hardware.
Software reasons include malfunctions:
- Operating system;
- Audio player;
- Audio dispatcher;
Hardware reasons include:
- Damage to speakers or headphones;
- Breakage of laptop speakers;
- Need to update or reinstall drivers.
Failure of the sound card. if this is the reason, you will hardly be able to solve the problem yourself. In this case, it is better to take the laptop to a service center.
If the sound is on, but the buttons still DO NOT work, check if automatic access to HID is set:
- In the search for a laptop, enter the phrase “View local services” and go there.
- Find the “Services” tab and select “HID Device Access”.
- See if the service is enabled. If not, click “Run”.
- Select the “Properties” tab and activate the automatic start type in the “General” column. Save it by clicking on “Ok”.
Ways to solve the problem
- Speakers. Additionally, it is worth checking the laptop speakers for their performance. To do this, connect additional speakers to the PC and try to listen to the sound and its changes as a response of the system to pressing buttons. If the problem persists, replace the speakers.
- Sound manager. The malfunction can appear due to malfunctions in the sound manager. a special program, the icon of which can usually be found in the lower right corner. If you have NOT found such an icon, then you need to try reinstalling or updating this application.
- Drivers. If the reason lies in the malfunctioning of the drivers, you need to go to the device manager and click on “Sound devices”. If it turns out they are NOT running, start them. If you see an exclamation mark next to the device, the driver needs to be reinstalled.
- BIOS. Attempting to fix the problem using BIOS involves the following steps: Go to BIOS; Choose “Advanced”; Find the item “audio”; If you see the word “Disabled” next to it, change it to “Enabled”.
- System rollback is considered one of the easiest ways to fix this malfunction. Type the phrase “System reset” in the start menu and we will restore it following the prompts.
If you failed to eliminate the malfunction on your own, it’s time to contact the service center, since further attempts to repair can only aggravate the situation.
If the power button on the laptop does not work
- Key wear (the silicone base of the button, located under the plastic, has been erased)
- The liquid has corroded the tracks on the board;
- The key was damaged mechanically.
The solutions in this case will be either replacing the button, or opening the laptop and repairing the mount (it is better to send it to the service immediately)
Reinstalling the driver with a broken keyboard
Knowing that the problem is in the driver and knowing that the keyboard is not working, the driver needs to be reinstalled using the virtual keyboard.
To open it on Windows 10 you need:
- Open the control panel via the start menu;
- Open Accessibility Center;
- Select the section “Enable On-Screen Keyboard.
You can also use a physical keyboard (of course, if you have one), you just need to connect it to the laptop via USB, it will automatically install the drivers on the laptop. It is a good temporary replacement for a broken keyboard if the repair is delayed indefinitely.
Called the right mouse button on the start menu, you need to open the device manager, find a valid keyboard driver there and remove it.
Then go to the Internet and download a new driver from the website of the laptop manufacturer, preliminarily clarified his model in order to download software for the desired device.
If the prerequisite for the failure of the keyboard buttons was a virus, then I use the same on-screen keyboard and mouse, I need to enable antivirus scan of the computer, find a virus if possible, remove it, and then reinstall the driver for the keyboard.
You can install the so-called driverpacks. The most popular are DriverPack Solution or Slim Drivers.
This is a whole database that contains drivers for various laptop models.
- Drivers for almost all laptop models;
- Constant updating of the database;
- Easy installation in automatic mode.
This is very convenient when you need to use the keyboard, but it does not work and you need to quickly fix it.
Disadvantages of bases with drivers:
- The “left” software is downloaded. you need to switch to expert mode and disable the download and installation of useless programs;
- Databases are susceptible to virus infection. if you have a working antivirus, then everything is OK;
- Possibility of driver incompatibility with devices. this rarely happens.
Buttons on laptop not working. troubleshooting
Immediately after clarifying the circumstances of the breakdown, you can start repairing the keyboard. If you are not a confident user, AND are not used to working with computer components. do not experiment! Contact the service center. Poor repairs can cause even more problems.
Repairing the keyboard at the software or hardware level does not require any special skills or knowledge. Unless, of course, this is NOT damage to microcircuits or the entire board.
Damage to tracks
If, after cleaning the keyboard panel from debris, some buttons on the laptop still do not work, then there is a serious problem, namely, damage to the board tracks.
DOES NOT respond to commands right block of numbers
Here you can write a solution right away. Usually above the number “7” is the so-called “NumLock” function key.
Pressing it locks all numbers in the right block. The fact that it is active is indicated by a special indicator, but since there are no indicators on new models, you can only check its activity by pressing it, and then try to press the numbers from the block.
Buttons on laptop don’t work. other problems
If the prerequisite for the buttons on the laptop keyboard to stop working is, for example, mechanical impact (laptop falling), then it is better to immediately contact the service center, because it is not always possible to find out the problem yourself.
Fn button not working on laptop
Fn. the same function key may NOT work for the following reasons:
- Lack of necessary software when installing or reinstalling keyboard drivers (solved by reinstalling driverpack)
- Some of the preinstalled programs related to the manufacturer and responsible for the system keys have been removed from startup (it all depends on the manufacturer). HP Unified Extensible Firmware Interface. if this button does not work on hp laptop and ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities. if on Asus;
- Reset BIOS. Changing the behavior of this button in the BIOS is not in all laptops. All this is located in the “System Configuration” section, in the “Action Keys Mode” item there should be Disabled.
Restoring tracks on the keyboard
If the matter is really in damage to the tracks, then it is recommended to contact the service center, because. It will be difficult for non-professionals to solve the problem on their own.
- It is required in the same way as when cleaning from dirt and dust, to disassemble the laptop. The board is a thin polyethylene letter with a map of buttons applied with a special composition;
- Typically, the board is either damaged or has traces of water on it. If these are just traces of liquid, then it is enough to gently wipe the place with an alcohol napkin, and then wipe it dry with a dry napkin;
- If the board is damaged, then you need to find out the damaged places. It is necessary to ring all the tracks with the tester and find the problem ones;
- After the defective tracks are found, you need to take conductive glue, and reapply the track with a layer of this glue. In this case, everything must be done very carefully, otherwise you can SIMply spoil the board (picture 8).
You can also check the work of the tracks by “ringing” them using a tester. In fact, the time and effort spent on repairing the tracks is incomparable with the cost of repairing the keyboard in a service center, because. Specialists will do it faster and cheaper.
Buttons on my laptop don’t work❓ Solve keyboard problems!
There can be many reasons why the buttons on a laptop do not work. All faults are either hardware or software related. Let’s look at the most common causes of keyboard failure. Let’s figure out how to behave in a situation when liquid is spilled on a laptop.
Installing the required drivers
According to the number of the most common causes, there are several ways to eliminate the breakdown. The first (and most likely effective) is to install the required drivers.
The HP support site will help you find the driver you need. There, enter the product and model name of the laptop (for example, HP ENVY. 15-k110tx) and, in the “Software and Drivers” tab, download the necessary ones. Depending on the features of a particular model, you will need:
- HP Software Framework;
- HP On-Screen Display;
- HP Quick Start Software;
- HP Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) Support Tools.
The first three are usually found under the “Software. Solutions” tab, the last one. “Utility. Tools”.
Why is the fn button not working on an HP laptop?
Let’s consider the case when the “Fn” button does not work on a laptop. If your laptop just doesn’t work, check out this article: Why HP laptop won’t turn on.
For the convenience of using laptops, they provide quick access to some functions:
- Enable / Disable Wireless Adapter.
- Touchpad control.
- Adjusting the screen brightness.
- Decrease and increase volume.
The range of functions available will vary from model to model. In the compactness convention, special functions are combined, as a rule, with a number of F1-F12 keys, and they must be used while holding down the fn key.
However, sometimes the dedicated button stops working. There are three main reasons for this:
- Special drivers are missing or damaged. Often this situation develops as a result of reinstalling the operating system or its version mismatch with the drivers.
- Disabled Required process or service.
- For HP Envy notebooks, the function key behavior can be changed in BIOS settings.
It is also theoretically possible that one button does not work as a result of damage to the keyboard pins, but this is very unlikely. As a rule, in such a situation, the key block immediately fails.
The disabled service must be enabled and checked for its presence in the startup list. The first can be done through the “Task Manager”. Press Ctrl Shift Esc, select the “Services” tab, find HP Hotkey Monitor in it and, by right-clicking, turn on.
Then press Win R. In the Run window, enter mscongif, after which the System Configuration window will open with the Startup tab. In it, you should select the Aforementioned HP Hotkey Monitor, and put a tick in front of it.
To get into the BIOS menu, you must have time to press F10 before starting the operating system. Then go to the System Configuration tab. The Disabled parameter means that fn must be held down to use Special Functions. Enabled indicates that fn is necessary for the standard use of the F keys. Set the required parameter, there will only be F10 again to exit the BIOS with saving the changes, and continue loading the OS.
What to do if the touchpad buttons on a laptop don’t work
Any equipment is susceptible to breakdowns during operation. And mechanical parts, especially used to the maximum, are the weakest link and the first contender for breakage.
Most ordinary laptop owners do not use a keyboard as regularly as a mouse or a touchpad.
Therefore, breakdowns of the latter are the most frequent occurrence.
Problems of not working touchpad can occur even in the most popular laptop manufacturers: Acer, Asus, Lenovo and Dell.
If, when you press the touchpad or its buttons, the laptop DOES NOT react in any way. do not rush to carry it to the service center, perhaps everything is not so bad.
- Almost all laptop models can disable the touchpad after pressing a special key combination (it could be pressed accidentally)
- Some laptop models have an option in the settings of the touchpad drivers, according to which the latter is automatically disabled if any pointer (mouse, trackpad, etc.) is connected to one of the USB ports or typing occurs on the keyboard (so as not to accidentally move the pointer to another place);
- Sometimes standard drivers may NOT fit the touchpad (some options often do not work, such as side scrolling, gestures, etc., but the full set of software with the touchpad button driver may NOT be installed or not suitable for your hardware, although still strongly depends on the installed operating system and its settings)
- The pointer (touchpad) could be disabled in the BIOS (BIOS), like any other PC peripheral equipment.
Touchpad buttons do not work how to enable
What you can do to fix THESE problems:
- Find a key combination that turns off the touchpad. On the keyboard and press it. On most laptops, a combination of two Fn buttons (in the lower left corner of the keyboard) and the touchpad icon (the touchpad disable button is usually placed on the function keys at the top on “F1”. “F12”) is responsible for this. Fn key action icons have the same color. Fn is pressed first, then the button with the desired action.
- Make sure that no third-party (external) “mouse” is currently connected to the NK (this can be Not only a wired connection method, but also a wireless one. via a USB adapter or other communication channels available on a laptop: Bluetooth / Wi-Fi).
- Open Device Manager and make sure all devices are intact and functional. There are disconnected devices or devices without installed drivers (designated as unrecognized, have a specific icon and are placed in a separate group). If there are any, try using the System Update Center (relevant for Windows 7 and higher) or Try to find drivers through the Device Manager (through the Corresponding menu item). Downloading the latest driver versions is available only with an active Internet access.
- If the laptop came with a driver disk, you can try to install them from it. Well-known manufacturers offer to download all the necessary drivers from the official website (you need to know the device model, OS version and its bitness).
- You can check if the touchpad is disabled in the BIOS. To do this, you need to enter its settings (until the OS boots, the corresponding key combination is pressed, it may differ in different device models and manufacturers). In the sections you need to find the correct settings item. In most cases, the universal solution would be to reset to default settings (default settings).
Difficult solutions when the left or right button on the touchpad does not work
If all the above methods did not help. You know for sure that the touchpad buttons stopped working without any good reason (no one got access to the laptop without your supervision, new devices, including mice, were not connected, etc.), then it remains only “heavy artillery”.
You need to disassemble the laptop and fix the problem yourself or carry your laptop to service.
If a service or workshop is not for you, then we continue.
The most common causes of breakdowns may be the following:
- Contact with water, tea, coffee and other accidentally spilled liquids;
- Disconnecting the touchpad cable (with mechanical stress. falling, impact, etc.);
- Premature wear of buttons (due to regular stress or due to prolonged normal use).
Disassembly of the laptop is required in all cases. Remember that tampering with the inside of the device will leave you with the manufacturer’s warranty.
The technology of disassembling the device strongly depends on the manufacturer and model of the laptop.
In recent years, manufacturers have become less and less concerned about the maintainability and ease of access to individual nodes of laptop PCs. And therefore, to access the touchpad unit, you may have to disassemble the entire laptop. Although somewhere you just need to remove the keyboard (fixed with special latches) or only the bottom cover of the case.
- First of all, it is worth making sure that the touchpad cable is connected securely, and has not jumped out, the contacts have not been erased, the clamp is fixed confidently, there are gaps along the cable itself.
- In the second, it is worth paying attention to the presence of mechanical particles or liquids in the buttons and contacts of the touchpad buttons.
If, after rubbing with alcohol, drying and properly assembling the touchpad does not work, it remains only to completely replace it.
Useful touchpad control programs
If you are the owner of an Android smartphone, then the latter can easily replace Not only the TouchPad, but also PROVIDE you with ample opportunities to remotely control your laptop.
Applications such as Remote Droid, Wi-Fi Mouse Remote, Mouse Kit and others can transform your smartphone into a computer mouse, touchpad, keyboard or even a media player control panel.
For iPhones and Windows smartphones, you can search for analogues.
The connection method (via the Internet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.) depends on the capabilities of the installed program and the smartphone itself (it is worth highlighting such possible problems as lack of support for a multipoint sensor, lack of Bluetooth or outdated versions of communication models, etc.). ).
The SIMplest solution is to buy a mouse. After all, any Touch Pad can be easily replaced with a mouse. Many laptop owners do just that right after buying a laptop. they get a comfortable and fast mouse.
But if you have a mouse at hand, like a smartphone, and the touchpad has stopped working, its functions can be replaced with a digital input unit on the keyboard:
- Firstly, you can only use the keyboard to move between active windows, menu items, etc. So, the “Windows” button opens the “Start” menu, “Tab” switches the active buttons / elements, “Ctrl” and “Shift” allow you to select the Required items, the space bar marks ticks / checkboxes, etc. There are other Windows hotkeys.
- Secondly, in the Accessibility Center (relevant for Windows 10, 8, 8.1), you can configure direct control of the mouse pointer (section “Making it easier to work with the mouse”, block “Enable pointer control from the keyboard.” Depending on the additional settings of this parameter, the pointer will move by pressing the arrows in the digital input block (to the right of the main keyboard of the laptop or can be combined with the main keys, it works after pressing “Fn”). The canine is triggered by pressing the central button (the number “5” in the case block, not to be confused with next to the numbers above). By pressing the right button, the “menu” key will respond (case from the space after “Alt”).
http://neknopka.ru/%D0%BD%D0%B5-%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%8E%D1%82- % D0% BA% D0% BD% D0% BE% D0% BF% D0% BA% D0% B8-% D1% 82% D0% B0% D1% 87% D0% BF% D0% B0% D0% B4% D0% B0-% D0% BD% D0% B0-% D0% BD% D0% BE% D1% 83% D1% 82% D0% B1% D1% 83% D0% BA /